Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,963 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:24 AM

My Marriage Is Becoming Boring - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Marriage Is Becoming Boring (1832 Views)

My Marriage Is Crashing, I Think I Hate Him...Help / My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME / How Virginity Almost Destroyed My Marriage - Thanks To Nlanders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: My Marriage Is Becoming Boring by topsy25(m): 2:30pm On May 25, 2009
@poster,

I've always said this and I'll continue to say it that although both parties have a lot to contribute to the success of a marriage, but the woman has more to do.

The success or otherwise of a marriage depends more on how a woman handles her home. A humble, loving, sincere and intelligent woman can make a man (no matter how strong he may be) to do her biddings. There's a power that God has deposited in them to be the pillar of our homes. Physically, they may look fragile but their shoulders are specially made for men to cry on and get a soothing relief. Unfortunately, the women of today have lost most of these qualities because of impatience and their quest to compete with men as to who rule the house.

Your hubby could not have entered into marriage with you (provided u did not force urself on him) for the main purpose latter running away from you to take refuge in his car. Ask yourself my sister: what are those things you’re doing that are making things difficult for him? What are those things he does or he had done that are hurting you? Swallow your pride, humbly call your hubby and let him know u want the success of the marriage, let him know you're hurting and ask for whatsoever u're doing that's making him unhappy.

I believe if you do these prayerfully, ur marital success will be immeasurable.

Shalom!
Re: My Marriage Is Becoming Boring by topsy25(m): 3:09pm On May 25, 2009
@tope and sissy,

First of all tope; you don’t have to be afraid of this great institution called marriage. It can be very wonderful if you handle it with the fear of God. I'll also encourage you to drop this idea of always attacking men at every slightest opportunity. "Can two walk together except they be agreed?" Try to learn how men feel and dat may go a long way in shaping your philosophy about them (though some are not worthy of being called man).

That said, communication is key in every relationship as both of you rightly pointed out. Notwithstanding, most women don't actually communicate but nag. You're our mothers, communication requires that you talk to hubby (ur son grin) lovingly and not with the intention of judging him. This also applies to the men.

More so, most women like throwing whatsoever they've done for their boyfriends and hubby at their faces. "have u forgotten I paid ur tuition fees when we were in school?" I gave ur dad money the last time he came visiting". "Tell me how much you've spent on me since I knew you and I'll pay you back". etc. Women say a lot of things without thinking and it shld not be so.

All in all, let's learn to tolerate and make sacrifices for ourselves with sincere love.

Shalom!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Raging Pregnancy Hormones? / Married Women: What Is Your Typical Working Day Like? / Battling A Barbaric Culture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.