Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,021 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:27 AM

French Open 2009: Nadal Loses In The Fourth Round!!! - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / French Open 2009: Nadal Loses In The Fourth Round!!! (3604 Views)

Serena Defeats Sharapova To Win French Open Title / Venus Williams Loses In First Round At Wimbledon / Official French Open ( Rolland Garros ) 2012 Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: French Open 2009: Nadal Loses In The Fourth Round!!! by DrKitaun(m): 4:50pm On Jun 02, 2009
me I no know anything . .

but d thing me I know be say Inyang young shall grow grin grin
Re: French Open 2009: Nadal Loses In The Fourth Round!!! by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jun 02, 2009
Gonzalez puts out Andy Murray. this yrs FO is turning out to be a shock! shocked

A semi-final that was billed to be Nadal vs Murray has now become Soderling vs Gonzalez!!! shocked
Re: French Open 2009: Nadal Loses In The Fourth Round!!! by JeSoul(f): 9:18pm On Jun 02, 2009
davidylan:

who is this new robin Soderling? He's just beaten Davydenko to get to the semis! shocked

He is my hero! cheesy I will be ever grateful to him for ridding us of those capris and ending his run. It was time jor.
Re: French Open 2009: Nadal Loses In The Fourth Round!!! by bagoma(f): 10:13pm On Jun 02, 2009
I'll also join his train
He deserves something grand for his herculian task/achievement of beating Nadal.
starting to root for him as today! go robin, go robin, go robin
Re: French Open 2009: Nadal Loses In The Fourth Round!!! by RuuDie(m): 8:44am On Jun 03, 2009
I'm putting my smart cheddars on F. Gonzalez!
Re: French Open 2009: Nadal Loses In The Fourth Round!!! by JeSoul(f): 4:36pm On Jun 03, 2009
Serena has joined the list of players on their way back home . . .
Re: French Open 2009: Nadal Loses In The Fourth Round!!! by RuuDie(m): 6:58pm On Jun 03, 2009
JeSoul:

Serena has joined the list of players on their way back home . . .

Yes. . . . . thank you Lord!
Re: French Open 2009: Nadal Loses In The Fourth Round!!! by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jun 03, 2009
RuuDie:

I'm putting my smart cheddars on F. Gonzalez!

shocked cheesy Gonzo? I think he's done just enough to get to the SFs.
Re: French Open 2009: Nadal Loses In The Fourth Round!!! by dayokanu(m): 3:27am On Jun 04, 2009

Gonzalez puts out Andy Murray. this yrs FO is turning out to be a shock!

Murray can never win anything. Can anything good ever come out of the U.K?

Funny how some people thought Murray could win the French Open
Re: French Open 2009: Nadal Loses In The Fourth Round!!! by RuuDie(m): 9:14am On Jun 04, 2009
davidylan:

shocked cheesy Gonzo? I think he's done just enough to get to the SFs.

Of the lot, Gonzalez is the only one who has beaten Fedex before and also the only other player to have contested a Grand Slam final, so i think he's got a bit of experience on his side.

G'onna be a tough challenge against Soderlin but i see him overcoming that obstacle!
Re: French Open 2009: Nadal Loses In The Fourth Round!!! by RuuDie(m): 9:18am On Jun 04, 2009
Don't be surprised Del Potro could just pull off a fast 1 on Fed. . . . . . yeah, i know its quite a long shot given Fed's record against the other s/finalists - 26 wins to 1 loss; but when a story's g'onna have a fairy-tale ending, you see some li'l twists and turns along the way!
Re: French Open 2009: Nadal Loses In The Fourth Round!!! by RuuDie(m): 9:52am On Jun 04, 2009
"Honestly I think I lost because of me and not because of anything she did," Serena said.

"In the third I had an opportunity and I got really tight, and I pretty much gave it to her. It was like, Here, do you want to go to the semis? Because I don't. She was like, Okay."

An excerpt from Serena's interview after her loss. . . . . . ridiculous! Just admit it girl, you were out-thought, outfoxed and outclassed - Serena seems to think tennis is all about the muscles.

You should'a seen Kuznetsova - she was brilliant. . . . . stunning crosscourt smashes and good, strong fore-hand shots!
Re: French Open 2009: Nadal Loses In The Fourth Round!!! by tng(f): 11:30am On Jun 04, 2009
"Honestly I think I lost because of me and not because of anything she did," Serena said.

"In the third I had an opportunity and I got really tight, and I pretty much gave it to her. It was like, Here, do you want to go to the semis? Because I don't. She was like, Okay."

An excerpt from Serena's interview after her loss. . . . . . ridiculous! Just admit it girl, you were out-thought, outfoxed and outclassed - Serena seems to think tennis is all about the muscles.

You should'a seen Kuznetsova - she was brilliant. . . . . stunning crosscourt smashes and good, strong fore-hand shots

Dont mind her. She has always been like that. She never acknowledges her opponents. I lost all respect for her after the azarenka episode.
Re: French Open 2009: Nadal Loses In The Fourth Round!!! by bagoma(f): 11:35am On Jun 04, 2009
RuuDie:

An excerpt from Serena's interview after her loss. . . . . .  ridiculous! Just admit it girl, you were out-thought, outfoxed and outclassed - Serena seems to think tennis is all about the muscles.

You should'a seen Kuznetsova - she was brilliant. . . . .  stunning crosscourt smashes and good, strong fore-hand shots!

i didnt watch the match but followed the live commentary on the 'net.
was praying for her to lose too. when the match went to a third, i was like arhhhh NOOOO and then I thought the come-back queen would take it.
was so glad when she lost at the end! her gra gra too much!
Re: French Open 2009: Nadal Loses In The Fourth Round!!! by JeSoul(f): 4:25pm On Jun 04, 2009
RuuDie:

You should'a seen Kuznetsova - she was brilliant. . . . . stunning crosscourt smashes and good, strong fore-hand shots!

*Hiss* Serena has done this several times. Her pride and arrogance is just too much, even when she plays against Venus, she's always a sore loser if she doesn't win. Be gracious and compliment your opponent, it doesn't hurt. I'm glad she's gone. Venus has always been my fav.
Re: French Open 2009: Nadal Loses In The Fourth Round!!! by rasputinn(m): 6:47pm On Jun 04, 2009
JeSoul:

*Hiss* Serena has done this several times. Her pride and arrogance is just too much, even when she plays against Venus, she's always a sore loser if she doesn't win. Be gracious and compliment your opponent, it doesn't hurt. I'm glad she's gone. Venus has always been my fav.

That's why I concur with you as regards the second highlighted portion

My Favs are Rafa and Venus;they're both humble and gracious.Serena and Roger sound alike in that pompous department,hence I was so elated when Rafa dethroned him
Re: French Open 2009: Nadal Loses In The Fourth Round!!! by rasputinn(m): 6:49pm On Jun 04, 2009
RuuDie:

Yes. . . . . thank you Lord!

grin grin grin
Re: French Open 2009: Nadal Loses In The Fourth Round!!! by A40(m): 10:59pm On Jun 04, 2009
Federer must be thanking his stars that his hubby has been knocked out this might be his only chance to win this grand slam i hope he takes it

You people should leave my Serena alone afterall other sportsmen have said worse e.g Lebron she's simply being her worst critic Lol! The women section is panya this year to be honest
Re: French Open 2009: Nadal Loses In The Fourth Round!!! by bagoma(f): 11:32pm On Jun 04, 2009
its Safina and Kuznetsova for final.
Re: French Open 2009: Nadal Loses In The Fourth Round!!! by tng(f): 1:45pm On Jun 05, 2009
1st semifinal is on and soderling leads 2 sets to 0 . He mite just nick the FO afterall.
Re: French Open 2009: Nadal Loses In The Fourth Round!!! by tng(f): 4:15pm On Jun 05, 2009
And Soderling wins after 5 sets. I hope he wins the FO so in the end, Nadal's conqueror won the tournament. At least thats some consolation for me.
Re: French Open 2009: Nadal Loses In The Fourth Round!!! by dominique(f): 5:39pm On Jun 05, 2009
R. Fed is trailing to Del p 3-6, 6-6. . .hope it stays that way cheesy tongue. the final is gonna be battle of the ultimate underdog. . .Soderling Vs Del potro
Re: French Open 2009: Nadal Loses In The Fourth Round!!! by JeSoul(f): 8:23pm On Jun 05, 2009
I'm torn . . . 

Federer vs. my newest Hero Soderling  cheesy. May the best man win smiley
Re: French Open 2009: Nadal Loses In The Fourth Round!!! by bagoma(f): 8:32pm On Jun 05, 2009
JeSoul:

I'm torn . . . 

Federer vs. my newest Hero Soderling  cheesy. May the best man win smiley
me too. cheesy
though, I think I am leaning more towards Fed. I really think this is his best chance ever.
Re: French Open 2009: Nadal Loses In The Fourth Round!!! by dominique(f): 9:00pm On Jun 05, 2009
i'm a sucker for the underdog. . .hope sod wins
Re: French Open 2009: Nadal Loses In The Fourth Round!!! by bagoma(f): 9:29pm On Jun 05, 2009
Dominique, pity Roger na? cheesy
He's been trying to win this forever.
he's not getting any younger, this is his best chance seeing as his nemesis is out of it.
Re: French Open 2009: Nadal Loses In The Fourth Round!!! by gyde(m): 9:53am On Jun 06, 2009
This is federer's year at roland garros,if he doent take it, well,I dont think he would ever win this slam,having said that,I also belief my man soderling deserves to win it too,having done what many believed was imposible(beating nadal in best of five),he deserves to win,but he has to continuosly pepper the federer backhand all day,just like he did against nadal,cos that appears to be nadal and federer's weaker side, I wish him the best, am divided on who i wud like to win,but may the best man on court win
Re: French Open 2009: Nadal Loses In The Fourth Round!!! by rasputinn(m): 10:12am On Jun 06, 2009
dominique:

i'm a sucker for the underdog. . .hope sod wins

Same here
Re: French Open 2009: Nadal Loses In The Fourth Round!!! by rasputinn(m): 10:21am On Jun 06, 2009
A-40:

You people should leave my Serena alone

Mmmm,mmm,mmm I know why sooo many guys just love Serena,but I kno say A-40 ma bro no folo for dat level lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

A-40:

The women section is panya this year to be honest

Quite frankly,it's been panya since two-three years now.How many times has the no 1 spot seen a new occupant in the last three years
Re: French Open 2009: Nadal Loses In The Fourth Round!!! by iice(f): 10:23am On Jun 06, 2009
Why are people rooting for sod? tongue

Abeg make fed win one this year na tongue
Re: French Open 2009: Nadal Loses In The Fourth Round!!! by RuuDie(m): 11:31am On Jun 06, 2009
Swiss vs Swede in Paris

Bizarre mix undecided lipsrsealed
Re: French Open 2009: Nadal Loses In The Fourth Round!!! by RuuDie(m): 11:32am On Jun 06, 2009
Well. . . . since my favorite is out - i put my money on a fairy tale ending! wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=705291689483120&refid=46 / Super Eagles To Camp In Portugal For AFCON 2013 / Five Straight Winning Match

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.