Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,015 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:13 AM

A Woman Thou Are! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Woman Thou Are! (774 Views)

Old People And The "Holier Than Thou "Attitude / Marriage Counsellors Where Art Thou? Young Couples Need To Be Guided (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Woman Thou Are! by JJYOU: 12:24pm On May 24, 2009
[size=18pt]A Woman Thou Are![/size]
By OSADOLO FRANCIS

No matter the size, height, wisdom, knowledge, power or wealth of a woman, she remains a woman, according to the Order of the Maker of everyone and everything. As God sets boundaries for seas and rivers, so He sets limit to everyone on the level they will reach to avoid social conflict among men. The glory and honour of the woman manifest if she keeps within her bounds set for her by her maker.

When a woman begins to substitute herself for a man, she has become an aberrant. Whatever she becomes in life or possessed, God has placed her under the dominion of the man. It is irrational for her to be rubbing shoulder with the man at home. She has been made never to be superior to the man, however good she may be. Her pleasure is to please the man any day.

The scripture says thus; “Your desire in life is to please your husband, and he shall have dominion over you” – Gen. 3: 16. There is no two ways about these eternal faultless word of our infallible God. The old boundary or landmark that has been established in the ancient days cannot be rectified by man.

When women rights groups called for equality with men, I believe they are not trying to alter what God, the Creator of things, has established. The woman has the right to good education like the man. She equally has the same franchise right with him, but these are not saying she now has level height with man. But standing at the level God placed her before her husband is wisdom and commendable.

The popular saying, “What a man can do, a woman can do better”. Is not a wake up call on the women folks to being o disregard the man. When Prophetess Deborah Lapidoth led Barak in the war against the Amalekites, it means God used her to prove a point that a woman can be an instrument of liberation with the man becoming her fire power. For without the man, she cannot go far. When the arm of the man is weak, God can use the woman to replace that weak arm, but that does not mean that she has become superior to her husband. God can empowers the woman toplaya certain role in the life of a man to tell the world that the woman belongs to Him.

But that is not a license for the woman to f eel shoulder higher than the man.
The advocates of woman’s equality with man are trying to fuel some irrational women against their husbands. And truly, some women have broken their marriages because they feel that the man cannot control them. Some prefer to be single parents rather than to live under the authority of the man. That is not God’s perfect design for mankind. Some are blowing matters out of proportion by choosing to be too feministic, female chauvinist, which usually spoil beautiful relationship and break down the ancient land mark established from antiquity. The role and position that God placed on the woman should not be subject to contestation.

A woman attains peace and harmony in her marriage when she lives with her husband in unconditional humility. God may placed the woman in a higher pedestal of her husband, that privilege position did not take away the dominion of the man over her. Whatever the woman may be, she is created to live under the orbit or authority of the man. Some women rights advocates have described the Bible as a male Chauvinist literary work. But they forgot that they are embedded in the man and God is not a discriminatory Being. He is just to all, no matter the sex.

When notable woman and female Chauvinists held International Conference in Beijing in 1995, their purpose was just to reiterate what we have been hearing. Woman should seek or be given equal political role as the men. But unfortunately they forgot that Mrs. Corazo Acquino fought the military in the Philippine and wrestle power from them. She did that to tell the military that they unjustly killed her senate leader husband. She honourably rule for six years and then conducted election from which she handed over power to the winner without seeking re-election. She was not pressurized by any man to relinquish power honourably. She is a notable woman to reckon with today.

According to the scripture. “The wise woman builds her home, but the foolish one tears it down with her own hand” –Prov. 14: 1. The advocates of single parenthood are the foolish ones the scripture is referring to here, because they chose to be disobedient to the ORDER of God who instituted marriage between the man and the woman. God did not institute single parenthood or lesbianism which some women find pleasure engaged in it. All these are marital aberration, abomination unto God, the Perfect Creator.

When a woman continuously engages her husband in argument at home, it means the woman is living ultravire in the marriage. Such a woman is a home breaker. Marriage is not meant to be managed, but be enjoyed. But the cantankerous wife has virtually put her marriage asunder in contrast and disobedience to what Jesus Christ commanded, thus: “Therefore, what God has joined together, let no man separate – Matthew 19: 6. When the woman makes the home uncomfortable for the man and he begins to stay away, that marriage has been put asunder by the irrational attitude.

The greater evidence comes when there is a total separation. A certain woman told me that if she has given birth to her husband and does not feel like living under his authority anymore. She can get money, build her own house and then park away from her matrimonial home by taking some children with her. According to her, the man can go and marry another woman. She said this is what obtains in her part of our country, Nigeria. But when I tried to verify her assertion, an elderly man called her a foolish woman and a liar because that is not what obtains in their society as she claimed.

A woman, thou art are! Every woman should be contented with her position in marriage, no matter who she is. Yet, nothing stops her from being the president of her nation, governor of her state and Chairperson of her local government area. Her beauty is manifest by accepting her role as God ordains. http://www.nigerianobservernews.com/23052009/weekendobserver/features/religion/index.html
Re: A Woman Thou Are! by Sissy3(f): 7:05pm On May 24, 2009
capital BS
Re: A Woman Thou Are! by Nobody: 7:09pm On May 24, 2009
All these men just dey quote parts of the Bible that excuses their BS.
Re: A Woman Thou Are! by Nobody: 7:45pm On May 24, 2009
~Sissy~:

capital BS

Seconded.

FL Gators:

All these men just dey quote parts of the Bible that excuses their BS.

Beware of these kind of men. They are the worst!
Re: A Woman Thou Are! by Nobody: 12:47am On May 25, 2009
The popular saying, “What a man can do, a woman can do better”. Is not a wake up call on the women folks to being o disregard the man. When Prophetess Deborah Lapidoth led Barak in the war against the Amalekites, it means God used her to prove a point that a woman can be an instrument of liberation with the man becoming her fire power. For without the man, she cannot go far. When the arm of the man is weak, God can use the woman to replace that weak arm, but that does not mean that she has become superior to her husband. God can empowers the woman toplaya certain role in the life of a man to tell the world that the woman belongs to Him.

From the bible I read and understand it says "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" not because of a man is by my side. Statements like this have been used to make unmarried women feel worthless in this society. Enough is enough. Until whoever wrote this shows me where it states women will stand with their husbands to give account of their actions on judgment day, then will I give this a second thought.

A woman attains peace and harmony in her marriage when she lives with her husband in unconditional humility. God may placed the woman in a higher pedestal of her husband, that privilege position did not take away the dominion of the man over her. Whatever the woman may be, she is created to live under the orbit or authority of the man. Some women rights advocates have described the Bible as a male Chauvinist literary work. But they forgot that they are embedded in the man and God is not a discriminatory Being. He is just to all, no matter the sex.

Humility is not SUBJECT to the female sex alone. In fact that's a quality that shows you have the fruit of the spirit. Humility being restricted to the female sex is a chauvinistic angle that have been used to subject women to both physical and emotional torture. The bible says "Blessed are the meek for they shall inherit the earth". Where was it written it's specific to females?
Re: A Woman Thou Are! by biina: 1:39am On May 25, 2009
~Sissy~:

capital BS
ROTFLMAO
Havent heard that in a while grin
Re: A Woman Thou Are! by JJYOU: 8:54am On May 25, 2009
THE TEST OF SELF-INTEREST

"If thou wilt take the left hand, then I will go to the right; or if thou depart to the right hand, then I will go to the left." Genesis 13:9

As soon as you begin to live the life of faith in God, fascinating and luxurious prospects will open up before you, and these things are yours by right; but if you are living the life of faith you will exercise your right to waive your rights, and let God choose for you. God sometimes allows you to get into a place of testing where your own welfare would be the right and proper thing to consider if you were not living a life of faith; but if you are, you will joyfully waive your right and leave God to choose for you. This is the discipline by means of which [size=18pt]the natural is transformed into the spiritual by obedience to the voice of God. [/size]

Whenever right is made the guidance in the life, it will blunt the spiritual insight. [size=14pt]The great enemy of the life of faith in God is not sin, but the good which is not good enough. The good is always the enemy of the best. It would seem the wisest thing in the world for Abraham to choose, it was his right, and the people around would consider him a fool for not choosing. Many of us do not go on spiritually because we prefer to choose what is right instead of relying on God to choose for us. We have to learn to walk according to the standard which has its eye on God. "Walk before Me." [/size]

http://www.myutmost.org/05/0525.html
Re: A Woman Thou Are! by Outstrip(f): 3:30am On May 27, 2009
What in the world? Without a man I cannot go far? Whaaaaaaaaaaat??
Re: A Woman Thou Are! by Outstrip(f): 3:31am On May 27, 2009
ah ah. I can't believe this
Re: A Woman Thou Are! by NoFearNYC(m): 8:15am On May 27, 2009
This is the crap in Naija newspapers these days?

Using the scriptures to defend BS and archaic behaviour, but the same men will have forgotten about the scriptures, when they are cheating on their wives.

When are we going to start using our brains, which should have evolved by now, and stop quoting BS that has no bearing on life in 2009?

My sistas, please find men that are truly going to respect you and not treat you like we are still in Victorian times.

Thank God, my mother raised to be a strong Nigerian man, with a loving heart and strong mind of my own, not all this follow follow BS.

(1) (Reply)

The Only Thing Some Women Accepts There Husbands Does For Them / If Wife Is Richer Than You, What Will You Do ? / Relationship Are

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.