Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,653 members, 7,813,201 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:35 AM

Prisons Are Better Than Our Hostels - OAU Students Cry Out (pictured) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Prisons Are Better Than Our Hostels - OAU Students Cry Out (pictured) (38806 Views)

Yabatech Bans Cooking In School, Students Cry Out / Uniport Students Cry About "No School Fees / No Result /repeat A Session Policy / Bedbugs Ravage UNILAG, Students Cry Out (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prisons Are Better Than Our Hostels - OAU Students Cry Out (pictured) by Binsani(m): 2:39pm On Nov 24, 2015
Desame question i want to ask..
Re: Prisons Are Better Than Our Hostels - OAU Students Cry Out (pictured) by M4gunners: 2:43pm On Nov 24, 2015
They should all moved to prison. And bring the oned in prison out to occupy there.
Re: Prisons Are Better Than Our Hostels - OAU Students Cry Out (pictured) by redsun(m): 2:45pm On Nov 24, 2015
Nigeria is truly a zoo if this is what you get as hostel in one of the country's so-called elite university.

What the Bleep are they learning in the that condition? How to live in misery,I guess.

2 Likes

Re: Prisons Are Better Than Our Hostels - OAU Students Cry Out (pictured) by Blingblings(m): 2:45pm On Nov 24, 2015
Only in YOLOBA land.... no wonder u people are the dirtiest in Nigeria... producing dirty graduates like 2mao no dey

1 Like

Re: Prisons Are Better Than Our Hostels - OAU Students Cry Out (pictured) by giztzone(m): 2:46pm On Nov 24, 2015
There are some of the tips i can suggest to you if you want to grow your brain ability
1. Exercise regularly

Well I tell you this is my favorite part, it has help me to fight depression, Well It’s been proven that regular exercise helps to increase brain function and enhances neurogenesis. What I’m trying to say is that every time you exercise you are creating new brain cells! So Get off your comfort zone and get moving! Your brain will appreciate you for that.
2. Do something new

Well this tips was suppose to be for Jambite but i tell you any body that wants to grow in life needs to do something new so When you experience something ‘new’ you actually ‘stimulate’ your brain! Stop doing the same old stuff over and over again, you won’t die if you try something new. So I tell you the only way to change the structure of your brain is to do something new. This creates new neural pathways, increasing your intelligence. You could take a new route to work, try a new recipe for dinner, or even a new form of exercise. So just try it and see how this works. – Wink!
3. Train your memory

Well in this part i would like you to make use of your brain more, what do I mean, instead of using calculated to sum, multiply and add, please use your BRAIN because I tell you your brain WORTH more than you think. How often do you hear people say “I wish I had a PHOTOGRAPHIC memory!’ Yet no-one does anything about this! If you discipline yourself to memorize phone numbers and other important numbers (Insurance, credit card, driving license) you will start to see a marked improvement in your memory. – TRY THIS IT WORK
4. Be curious

Instead of taking everything in as you are told try and ask questions like why, how, when who did it and the rest, get into the habit of By being ‘curious’ and questioning everything, you impose your brain to been innovate & create new ideas.
5. Think positive

Having the I can mentality will help you to be the best you wish to be, in your studies and your life generally. Stress & anxiety kill existing brain Cells and also stop new cells from being created. Research has shown that positive thinking, especially in the future tense, speeds up the creation of cells and dramatically reduces stress & anxiety. Please as my reader i will advice you not to dwell in your past or have the i can’t mentality. Don’t fail yourself before you see your result.
...............................Use the link below to read the rest Tips

Source: http://scholars.com.ng/2015/11/tips-on-how-you-can-develop-your-brain-to-be-able-understand-anything-you-read.html
Re: Prisons Are Better Than Our Hostels - OAU Students Cry Out (pictured) by dyabman(m): 2:47pm On Nov 24, 2015
I can't imagine universities and colleges abroad will look like this .. absolute dejected
Re: Prisons Are Better Than Our Hostels - OAU Students Cry Out (pictured) by Eleniyan15: 2:47pm On Nov 24, 2015
fynesboi nah true

mehn this shit mehn

me in this hostel, I go die
chai
they won't know about sch demm go run apply buy form, after dey re done run apply for bed space..instead of taking a tour first they won't.

weak SUG president

#badAluta
#weakCalendar

come sch where better aluta dey,mtchew
Re: Prisons Are Better Than Our Hostels - OAU Students Cry Out (pictured) by hogboyeh(m): 2:49pm On Nov 24, 2015
I just came to look ni oo
Re: Prisons Are Better Than Our Hostels - OAU Students Cry Out (pictured) by lovely17(m): 2:50pm On Nov 24, 2015
I blame the squatters undecided
Re: Prisons Are Better Than Our Hostels - OAU Students Cry Out (pictured) by redsun(m): 2:51pm On Nov 24, 2015
dyabman:
I can't imagine universities and colleges abroad will look like this .. absolute dejected

Not even a zoo will look like this in a world where people reason.
Re: Prisons Are Better Than Our Hostels - OAU Students Cry Out (pictured) by gsalvatore: 3:01pm On Nov 24, 2015
I agree with the Last Paragraph.

Most Nigerians are animals and most students are wild animals. Even if you furnish that hostel like Piddy's mansion, Just 2months the whole structure will turn to a pig sty which is more befitting for them...Some come from remote villages to study at these universities, that Pig Sty they call hostel is like Linda Ikeji's House to them...

I have seen a new Hostel at FUTO turn into a shit hole in 1year...the students don't even know how to use/take care of modern facilities and utilities... the walls will be damaged with nails just in a bid to hang their Chelsea FC Calender and the floors very slimey,Lavatories is another story...Imagine the kinda mattress on that very picture(someone on here referred to it as Rusticated mattress grin grin grin grin grin)Isn't that mattress only fit for puppies? all they re good at is BLAME...They cant even take care of where they live.No arrangement for maintenance.

Its same thing with ordinary tenants living in your house..you give them your house and furnish it thinking a human being is gonna live there then when they pack out of the place you realize your house is all broken..And these same students come from such homes. what do you expect?

Nigerian students are unfit to live in a well organized environments/hostels(sad but true). Let them enjoy it while seeing it in a Seasonal movie or dreams.

wasted generations

1 Like

Re: Prisons Are Better Than Our Hostels - OAU Students Cry Out (pictured) by ransomed: 3:07pm On Nov 24, 2015
OAU? Oh God! Oba Awon Universities has decayed. Rukayat Rufai, Nyesom wike and others who allowed this rot will never know peace. Amen.
Re: Prisons Are Better Than Our Hostels - OAU Students Cry Out (pictured) by Redman44(m): 3:20pm On Nov 24, 2015
And some idiots will be comparing OAU to the University of Ibadan .

I was an undergraduate at UI when the Halls of Residence of the Institution were renovated in 2001/2002. More than 500 Million Naira was given to the UI Administration by the Federal Government of Nigeria for the renovation of Hostels on the Campus. UI's Halls of Residence are in a very good shape today. OAU students should request for the same gesture from the Federal Government. They should also learn to use facilities in the proper manner and not like Animals. I think OAU needs a depopulation exercise via low achieving students being sent away from the institution. Then the Halls of Residence should be de-congested so that only 2-3 students will occupy a room. Cheers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prisons Are Better Than Our Hostels - OAU Students Cry Out (pictured) by Nobody: 3:25pm On Nov 24, 2015
viviangist2:

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/feature/prisons-better-than-our-hostels-oau-students/120709.html#qKg5CAoxBTfFOKLb.99
YOU ALL ARE DIRTY GOATS

WHO MADE ALL THOSE MESS

IS IT AREGBE, BUHARI OR YOUR VC

DIRTY MUMUS
Re: Prisons Are Better Than Our Hostels - OAU Students Cry Out (pictured) by Nobody: 3:37pm On Nov 24, 2015
lasisi69:
End time.. Then go to prisons

Seun, this guy should be banned for life.
Re: Prisons Are Better Than Our Hostels - OAU Students Cry Out (pictured) by Dubemkelly(m): 3:47pm On Nov 24, 2015
Anything public is public, fix it and they spoil it immediately, all hands on deck if it must work
Re: Prisons Are Better Than Our Hostels - OAU Students Cry Out (pictured) by roland2rule(m): 3:47pm On Nov 24, 2015
Redman44:
And some idiots will be comparing OAU to the University of Ibadan .

I was an undergraduate at UI when the Halls of Residence of the Institution were renovated in 2001/2002. More than 500 Million Naira was given to the UI Administration by the Federal Government of Nigeria for the renovation of Hostels on the Campus. UI's Halls of Residence are in a very good shape today. OAU students should request for the same gesture from the Federal Government. They should also learn to use facilities in the proper manner and not like Animals. I think OAU needs a depopulation exercise via low achieving students being sent away from the institution. Then the Halls of Residence should be de-congested so that only 2-3 students will occupy a room. Cheers.

after failing OAU PUTME many times.. is this how to reward us.. the best you can do is to refer part of your generation to as IDIOT...

product of an imbalance home

1 Like

Re: Prisons Are Better Than Our Hostels - OAU Students Cry Out (pictured) by azzima(m): 3:51pm On Nov 24, 2015
Can you imagine some fool was comparing this mess to a community college in the US?The best University in Nigeria can't match up with the worst community college in the US......and that is very sad!!

1 Like

Re: Prisons Are Better Than Our Hostels - OAU Students Cry Out (pictured) by Redman44(m): 3:51pm On Nov 24, 2015
roland2rule:

after failing OAU PUTME many times.. is this how to reward us.. the best you can do is to refer part of your generation to as IDIOT...

product of an imbalance home

You are a complete slowpoke shocked shocked shocked shocked

Who allowed you to get registered on Nairaland?

FYI I am already a graduate and I only wrote JAMB and WAEC once. You are very stupid and idiotic. What did you smoke this afternoon?
Re: Prisons Are Better Than Our Hostels - OAU Students Cry Out (pictured) by Princezoi(m): 3:54pm On Nov 24, 2015
BLEECH REPORTs

MYSTERY AS UNIOSUN STUDENT FINDS BIG SNAKE IN TOILET WHICH THEN DISAPPEARS, She student narrates her story here; http://bleechreports..com.ng/2015/11/mystery-as-uniosun-student-finds-big.html
Re: Prisons Are Better Than Our Hostels - OAU Students Cry Out (pictured) by tempex88(m): 3:59pm On Nov 24, 2015
Fortissimo:

Seun, this guy should be banned for life.

Y?
Re: Prisons Are Better Than Our Hostels - OAU Students Cry Out (pictured) by roland2rule(m): 4:01pm On Nov 24, 2015
Redman44:

You are a complete slowpoke shocked shocked shocked shocked

Who allowed you to get registered on Nairaland?

FYI I am already a graduate and I only wrote JAMB and WAEC once. You are very stupid and idiotic. What did you smoke this afternoon?

reasonable and competent graduates are busy with work and Planning a better life...
sit down here and start feeling like a king, your junior will pass by and drop #5 for you... #dunderhead
Re: Prisons Are Better Than Our Hostels - OAU Students Cry Out (pictured) by Nobody: 4:10pm On Nov 24, 2015
Female hostels are nothing but brothels, their bathrooms are dumping grounds for aborted fetuses God will definitely judge some of our female students for the atrocities committed in aborting innocent babies. angry
Re: Prisons Are Better Than Our Hostels - OAU Students Cry Out (pictured) by Redman44(m): 4:14pm On Nov 24, 2015
OAU Ife HAS TO UNDERGO THE DE-CONGESTION PROCESS UNIBADAN WENT THROUGH FROM 2000-2002 for OAU's Halls of Residence to be in top notch condition. The University of Ibadan decided to systematically reduce the Institution's Population in the year 2000 by releasing a big list of low performing students in the PUNCH Newspapers and went on to terminate the studentships of these undergraduates. They were students that had lower than 1.3 CPGA ( UI's CPGA is from 1.0 to 7.0 ). I was a 100 level student when this de-congestion exercise took place. The exercise was supervised by the then Vice Chancellor Professor Ayodele Falase and the Registrar then, Mrs Mojisola Ladipo. The exercise was in 3 stages and many low performing and fake students were expelled from UI. UI's student population went down immediately and it was noticeable too. Then from late 2001, the Renovation of the Halls of Residence began during a ASUU strike. I was on the Campus and saw all these developments. When academic activities resumed at the University of Ibadan, the whole Campus was looking like a Foreign University and the Halls of Residence had been renovated to a satisfying level. Due to the many students that had been sent packing due to bad grades, there were less students vying for bed spaces in the Halls of Residence. 3-4 students were allocated to each room in most of the Halls. In my Hall ( Zik Hall ), some rooms had only 2 occupants for a whole academic session smiley smiley smiley smiley. Students became serious and cultists started visiting the library. And UI's rooms in the Halls of Residence are bigger than what obtains in many other Nigerian Universities.

So OAU has to go through the Student and Accommodation Revolution UI went through from 2000-2002. Cheers.
Re: Prisons Are Better Than Our Hostels - OAU Students Cry Out (pictured) by Redman44(m): 4:17pm On Nov 24, 2015
roland2rule:

reasonable and competent graduates are busy with work and Planning a better life...
sit down here and start feeling like a king, your junior will pass by and drop #5 for you... #dunderhead

So what do you think I am doing at the moment?

What course are you studying sef?

When did you join Nairaland?
Re: Prisons Are Better Than Our Hostels - OAU Students Cry Out (pictured) by roland2rule(m): 4:22pm On Nov 24, 2015
Redman44:
OAU Ife HAS TO UNDERGO THE DE-CONGESTION PROCESS UNIBADAN WENT THROUGH FROM 2000-2002 for OAU's Halls of Residence to be in top notch condition. The University of Ibadan decided to systematically reduce the Institution's Population in the year 2000 by releasing a big list of low performing students in the PUNCH Newspapers and went on to terminate the studentships of these undergraduates. They were students that had lower than 1.3 CPGA ( UI's CPGA is from 1.0 to 7.0 ). I was a 100 level student when this de-congestion exercise took place. The exercise was supervised by the then Vice Chancellor Professor Ayodele Falase and the Registrar then, Mrs Mojisola Ladipo. The exercise was in 3 stages and many low performing and fake students were expelled from UI. UI's student population went down immediately and it was noticeable too. Then from late 2001, the Renovation of the Halls of Residence began during a ASUU strike. I was on the Campus and saw all these developments. When academic activities resumed at the University of Ibadan, the whole Campus was looking like a Foreign University and the Halls of Residence had been renovated to a satisfying level. Due to the many students that had been sent packing due to bad grades, there were less students vying for bed spaces in the Halls of Residence. 3-4 students were allocated to each room in most of the Halls. In my Hall ( Zik Hall ), some rooms had only 2 occupants for a whole academic session smiley smiley smiley smiley. Students became serious and cultists started visiting the library. And UI's rooms in the Halls of Residence are bigger than what obtains in many other Nigerian Universities.

So OAU has to go through the Student and Accommodation Revolution UI went through from 2000-2002. Cheers.

where did u hide this before... better and informative than the earlier thrash being posted...
#smiles
#yinmu
Re: Prisons Are Better Than Our Hostels - OAU Students Cry Out (pictured) by Nobody: 4:24pm On Nov 24, 2015
tempex88:

Y?

He's the cause of the end time plague
Re: Prisons Are Better Than Our Hostels - OAU Students Cry Out (pictured) by Nobody: 4:38pm On Nov 24, 2015
it's a shame that instead of us to condemn d govt for d state of d hostels we are busy asking d students if they've been in prison before and even blaming them. if the children of d presidents or any other politician should be in this hostel do you think they'll keep in dis condition? their kids are all studying in good universities abroad. this is our country we are therefore entitled to a clean hostel and a better hostel condition. plus they even payed school fees and accommodation fee.
Re: Prisons Are Better Than Our Hostels - OAU Students Cry Out (pictured) by Nobody: 5:04pm On Nov 24, 2015
why doesn't the school maintain their facilities?
Re: Prisons Are Better Than Our Hostels - OAU Students Cry Out (pictured) by Ay04z(m): 5:39pm On Nov 24, 2015
do dey compulsory them to be staying in hostel? if no.. i see no reason y two pple can't join themself and look 4 accomodation outskirt d skul but dis mumu students some of dem may have collect money from home for apartment,but dey woun't want to use it for proper things...in goodluck jonathan voice continue to be living with the insecurity.
Re: Prisons Are Better Than Our Hostels - OAU Students Cry Out (pictured) by treasure2: 5:51pm On Nov 24, 2015
Pls, you guys should not disparage our Great Ife. If you are not convenient with the simple facility within the campus, you can go to private hostels on Ibadan road, Mayfair etc! The ruggedness is one of the stuffs that made OAU tick. However, the management must ensure that basic hygiene and provisions are in place. Great Ife!!!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Federal University Of Technology, Owerri (futo) Post UME status / Al-Amin Bashir Bugaje, ABU Zaria Best Student 2017. Gets NNPC Scholarship / 10 Best Courses To Study In Nigeria Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.