Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,167 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:26 AM

How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University - Education (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University (215327 Views)

How I Used What I Had To Get What I Need In The University / Photo: I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In Jamb / "How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University" - Abandon Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (53) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by Nobody: 10:14am On Nov 27, 2015
akujobi2641:
you must be a big fool I suppose
and u r a small fool(big or small)fool is a fool...abobaku
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by anonimi: 10:16am On Nov 27, 2015
thatsincerechic:
Amaka and i became best friends, we were growing stronger in understanding each other and should I say we became friends because there were mutual benefits. She had a roof and a bed to offer me and I helped her academically and i was indirectly helping myself because the more often I explained topics to her, the better I understood them. It became a ritual that I wrote assignments on every course twice, one for myself and one for Amaka and in the long run I had a understanding of the courses and i was able to explain them from different perspectives .
At first, it felt like a burden to read different textbooks, searched the Internet for information, materials and write our assignments differently so it would not seem like they were from the same writer. I made sure I wrote them from different points of view, included different quotes and different references where needed....

Firstly thanks for returning to continue your story.
The above reminds me of what my English teacher said back in secondary school- not to be a DEAD Sea - rather to share knowledge and the benefits therefrom. Although yours is not exactly that but the outcome is similar.
Please keep sharing!

2 Likes

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by isaacBBB: 10:17am On Nov 27, 2015
thatsincerechic:
Amaka was exactly what I thought she would be, she was lazy to the core. I would cook for her, and sometimes help her with laundry because she was always complaining about whitlow on her fingers which I never got to see. She had had good side though, she was fun to be with and we always had visitors coming to chat with us and she was ready to entertain them.
My parents had finally sent in the exact money for my school fees into my account. The addition they made was N100 and that was if I would make the withdrawal over the counter in the bank.
I became a part time stylist, by making an agreement with the owner of a beauty salon that on every hair I make i was entitled to 50% of the income. I was never idle, it was either I was in class or back home making hair but my nights were dedicated fully for reading.
Meanwhile, at campus, I avoided Andy like a plague or should I say he avoided me because all the time I was in class I never set my eyes on him even during examination periods and i still wonder how he was able to do so.
The Second semester of the second academic session had started and i was back in school with a lot of cash that I had saved up from the money I got rendering hair services back home during the holiday.
Amaka and i became best friends, we were growing stronger in understanding each other and should I say we became friends because there were mutual benefits. She had a roof and a bed to offer me and I helped her academically and i was indirectly helping myself because the more often I explained topics to her, the better I understood them. It became a ritual that I wrote assignments on every course twice, one for myself and one for Amaka and in the long run I had a understanding of the courses and i was able to explain them from different perspectives .
At first, it felt like a burden to read different textbooks, searched the Internet for information, materials and write our assignments differently so it would not seem like they were from the same writer. I made sure I wrote them from different points of view, included different quotes and different references where needed.
Amaka was influencing me in a way I could not understand. We went to parties always on her insistence though, clubbed almost every Friday, but during the week days, I always prepared myself for an all night reading because I was addicted to it and each time I made to leave the house for the campus, Amaka would tease me about using the all night reading as a perfect excuse to pass the night at a guy's house.
My schedule was so tight with activities and soon enough, I stopped attending campus fellowships because I felt there was no time it, that there were other pressing issues....

Apology to your viewers and readers should have came up first before your continuation cos as a matter of fact you got so many viewers and readers disappointed in you.

An adage frm my lineage say.if a child is wrong or right he or she must first apologise to his or her parent in order for the parent not to feel embarrassed and for them to apologise back.

All the same am happy for your courage. welcome back.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by Lolaabokoku(f): 10:26am On Nov 27, 2015
End time story
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by mcpapillo(m): 10:27am On Nov 27, 2015
STILL BULL SHT[color=#990000][/color]

1 Like

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by Nobody: 10:29am On Nov 27, 2015
Benz4pimp:
and u r a small fool(big or small)fool is a fool...abobaku
I keep wondering how small boys like you get access to a phone, talk more of coming online to say shít. SPOILT BRAT!
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by BrownCookie(f): 10:37am On Nov 27, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

thatsincerechic:shakara woman.

But really tho,criticisms(whether good or bad),it is going to come. So just get used to it.

Meanwhile you had better stay & complete this story because this is going to be the 2nd story I read from start to finish on NL.

The 1st been "The Devil who Loved Me"
Davidflo=Respect.

1 Like

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by 9cbaby(f): 10:38am On Nov 27, 2015
Bekwarra:
But to say the truth OP o baje gan sha. Your pride and arrogance makes me feel like giving you a thunderous e-slap but unfortunately the slap still dey train with Diego Costa and Mario Balotelli under the watchful eyes of Jose Mourinho. I have no business with whether you complete your story or not, I only have business with two sets of annoying guys 1. Those begging you to come and continue; it's just too annoying. Who does that? 2. Those insulting others calling them kids, perverts, immature etc because of you. That's total BS. This is a public forum, no one begged her to share her story and everybody has the right to comment as they like.
Your maturity lies in either ignoring or shrugging off the "negative comments". Even almighty God is insulted almost on a daily basis on nairaland by our e-atheists but he's has not even directed His angels to give nairaland a divine hack.
Your attitude in dropping your pen shows the kind of person you are in real life. You can take your story and shove his inside the deepest part of your azz. I don't care. There was nairaland before you and there will be nairaland after you. I have loads of stuffs waiting for me on front page and politics section. Thank God I've repented so I stopped visiting sexuality section since the beginning of this year when Onihaxy, moneyhungry, davidflo and coolval wanted to spoil my life. IF YOU CONTINUE, YOU ARE A BHARSTARD.
undecided

1 Like

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by Nobody: 10:39am On Nov 27, 2015
akujobi2641:
I keep wondering how small boys like you get access to a phone, talk more of coming online to say shít. SPOILT BRAT!
thesame wey imbeciles like you can get on the Internet and type trash
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by Nobody: 10:42am On Nov 27, 2015
Benz4pimp:
get behind me satan....where were u when this thread was trending?it got to fp and now u r making noise
where i was? Go figure...
U may die searching: 2wks offshore 2wks onshore..aint jobless
w
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by thatsincerechic(f): 10:45am On Nov 27, 2015
Life had taken a different turn for Amaka and i. We didn't have the time to club anymore because we realised we were wasting money by looking good and at the end, returning back home penniless after dancing away our life in clubs and we both decided it was not beneficial and deleted clubbing from our schedule.
Things became worst unexpectedly, Amaka and i were broke to the point of having indomie for breakfast, indomie and bread for lunch, pap and groundnut for dinner or simply pap if there was no money to buy groundnut. For four consecutive days we were living on the same meal but we could not compromise the money we have calculated and separated for transportation fare because Amaka' s place to the campus was not trekable.
Classes were taken seriously, attendance taken down by lecturers, and tests were conducted almost on a daily basis because the previous ones were cancelled. Students were left confused with questions about how the gradings would be done, why we were being treated that way by our departmental lecturers and if our department was the only one in the faculty experiencing these.
Need i say that the middle of the second semester was one of the most difficult moments of my life and it was almost a breaking point because one day, as early as a quarter past six in the morning , while I was still on bed, Amaka woke me up, fully clothed with a big handbag and said
"Babe I don waka oo.. Heading to boo's place... I want to go and chill there for a while and I dunno when I will be back .. Guess we will see in classes.. Bye dear" and she zoom off leaving me behind trying to absorb what I just heard........

11 Likes

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by ayusco85(m): 10:46am On Nov 27, 2015
thatsincerechic:
Amaka was exactly what I thought she would be, she was lazy to the core. I would cook for her, and sometimes help her with laundry because she was always complaining about whitlow on her fingers which I never got to see. She had had good side though, she was fun to be with and we always had visitors coming to chat with us and she was ready to entertain them.
My parents had finally sent in the exact money for my school fees into my account. The addition they made was N100 and that was if I would make the withdrawal over the counter in the bank.
I became a part time stylist, by making an agreement with the owner of a beauty salon that on every hair I make i was entitled to 50% of the income. I was never idle, it was either I was in class or back home making hair but my nights were dedicated fully for reading.
Meanwhile, at campus, I avoided Andy like a plague or should I say he avoided me because all the time I was in class I never set my eyes on him even during examination periods and i still wonder how he was able to do so.
The Second semester of the second academic session had started and i was back in school with a lot of cash that I had saved up from the money I got rendering hair services back home during the holiday.
At first, it felt like a burden to read different textbooks, searched the Internet for information, materials and write our assignments differently so it would not seem like they were from the same writer. I made sure I wrote them from different points of view, included different quotes and different references where needed.
Amaka was influencing me in a way I could not understand. We went to parties always on her insistence though, clubbed almost every Friday, but during the week days, I always prepared myself for an all night reading because I was addicted to it and each time I made to leave the house for the campus, Amaka would tease me about using the all night reading as a perfect excuse to pass the night at a guy's house.
My schedule was so tight with activities and soon enough, I stopped attending campus fellowships because I felt there was no time it, that there were other pressing issues....

You shouldn't have stopped going to church. That's the part I frowned at. Never forget God in any situation.

1 Like

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by Nobody: 10:46am On Nov 27, 2015
Benz4pimp:
get behind me satan....where were u when this thread was trending?it got to fp and now u r making noise
and it is now u want satan gone? where i av'bn? Go figure...anyways
U may die searching comeback here, 2wks offshore 2wks onshore..aint jobless
w
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by Nobody: 10:49am On Nov 27, 2015
written:
where i was? Go figure...
U may die searching: 2wks offshore 2wks onshore..aint jobless
w
too bad,only peepz like you search after being laid off....empty barrel they say ......nobody asked if you have been sacked from serving coffee offshore
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by ayusco85(m): 10:59am On Nov 27, 2015
BrownCookie:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

thatsincerechic:shakara woman.

But really tho,criticism(whether good or bad) is going to come. So just get used to it.

Meanwhile you had better stay & complete this story because this is going to be the 2nd story I read from start to finish on NL.

The 1st been "The Devil who Loved Me"
Davidflo=Respect.

Pls hw can I find this said story u just referred to?
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by Nobody: 11:09am On Nov 27, 2015
Benz4pimp:
too bad,only peepz like you search after being laid off....empty barrel they say ......nobody asked if you have been sacked from serving coffee offshore
Whats ur problem you this frustrated miscreant? Do you know what a CV means talk more of preparing one? Do you know what it takes to secure a job in a country like ours? And here u re hating on someone who is way above u in everything, praying that he be laid off from his job. You must be a first class idiot and people like u are only good for one thing and that is KIRIKIRI

1 Like

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by Akerry(m): 11:13am On Nov 27, 2015
jeeez!

finally on page 31.....all thanks to Ayusco85 for giving me the morale.... cheesy cheesy grin
thatsincerechic, i must confess, your writing skill is superb!

i am following ur story full time
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by spencerlouis(m): 11:13am On Nov 27, 2015
and y wud i respect d ladies wateva u say biatch
Julietcutie:

its ur sister DAT is a hoe... think u don't have respect for ladies
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by Nobody: 11:27am On Nov 27, 2015
akujobi2641:
Whats ur problem you this frustrated miscreant? Do you know what a CV means talk more of preparing one? Do you know what it takes to secure a job in a country liLke ours? And here u re hating on someone who is way above u in everything, praying that he be laid off from his job. You must be a first class idiot and people like u are only good for one thing and that is KIRIKIRI
you don't expect everyone to be a jobless illeterate
like you,am sure I wrote my 1st CV when you were writing UTME!!!why not ask for explanation if you are too dumb or handicapped to read and translate...you just mentioned your home(kirikiri),please open a thread and share your horrible experience idiot(gboromiro)
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by Simoneblosson(m): 11:28am On Nov 27, 2015
What's wrong OP, since you stopped the story, go kiss a fat dick
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by shigo20(m): 11:34am On Nov 27, 2015
@OP ur story is really touching
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by lovelyS(m): 11:55am On Nov 27, 2015
Benz4pimp:
stop the rubbish,that a lady is sharing a story doesn't make her "good".

Hmmm "Benz for love-vendor" indeed, I'm not surprised...what exacltly are you doing here ? Well let me answer that for you. you were looking for a sex/Romance escapade then you saw the topic of this thread and read through but got frustrated when the Lady didn't mention anything of such (romance/sex)...What a PERVERT ! No wonder you don't know the difference between Good or Bad.

I'm too busy...back to work
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by Nobody: 12:08pm On Nov 27, 2015
lovelyS:

Hmmm "Benz for love-vendor" indeed, I'm not surprised...what exacltly are you doing here ? Well let me answer that for you. you were looking for a sex/Romance escapade then you saw the topic of this thread and read through but got frustrated when the Lady didn't mention anything of such (romance/sex)...What a PERVERT ! No wonder you don't know the difference between Good or Bad.

I'm too busy...back to work
guess you work as a judge,you have decided without even hearing from the prosecuting or defense counsel.your generations will end up as perverts

1 Like

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by BrownCookie(f): 12:14pm On Nov 27, 2015
ayusco85:

Pls hw can I find this said story u just referred to?

The sexuality section.
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by cocolacec(m): 12:16pm On Nov 27, 2015
op i must commend you for this wonderful piece.People can call it fiction but it is a true life story of many students in the university i witnessed myself 15 years ago.I had a female friend whose parent only give her N500 for the semester ,she resorted to stealing peoples money in the student mosque and in the hostel to survive until she was caught.

There were some who only get transport money back to school with the promise the money will be sent later and they followed the path braiding,selling bread or other menial jobs they can get to survive.
I know some who resorted to runs,send money to the parents back home,the parents collect without shame and when she is broke no shishi from them so the cycle continues.

All these people i mentioned now are doing fine in their matrimonial homes financially.Life is just phase,nothing last forever.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by ayusco85(m): 12:21pm On Nov 27, 2015
Akerry:
jeeez!

finally on page 31.....all thanks to Ayusco85 for giving me the morale.... cheesy cheesy grin
thatsincerechic, i must confess, your writing skill is superb!

i am following ur story full time

Kerry mah mehn.... I sight u bro. Welcome to the top most floor of this thread. Enjoy d view
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by thatsincerechic(f): 12:22pm On Nov 27, 2015
Luckily for me, in the afternoon of the day Amaka left the house, while I was lying on the bed after I just had a cold shower for the fourth time that day, because I was feeling hot and hungry and remembered how I was told by a church member during fasting, (she always appeared strong while I always suspected she ate while nobody was watching but one day, she told me the secrete to her strength during 3days dry fast in church was because she bathed constantly, almost anytime we were not praying and,) that the best way to keep your mind from food is to have a cold bath.
So you see, I made use of the information and to an extent it helped because I was lying on the bed feeling relaxed and scheming on what I would do to get money and then a
"knock knock... Can I come in"
Someone shouted from outside opening the door at the same time.
"yeah... No p" I mumbled
And he was in, his name was Hammed, a neighbour, and then he started telling me how he was hungry, he wanted to ate rice and stew, although the rice was ready but the stew wasn't, his girlfriend who was supposed to come around and prepare the stew had called earlier to say she would no longer come around because she was busy and that he was finding it difficult to prepare the chicken for the stew.
At the mention of chicken, I sat up, adjusted my clothes and listened attentively and smiled.
"and i wanted to ask you... Please don't be annoyed. I don't know if I am inconveniencing you.. If you can prepare the stew..
"why not! (I interrupted him) haba... With all pleasure jare(I said smiling) you are not inconveniencing me at all ooo how na? "
And then Hammed said
" or maybe I should just prepare noodles and wait for my girlfriend to come because I feel... "
" what are you saying sir! (I shouted, my eyes roaming, my muscles twitching and legs getting ready to stand up) I said you are not inconveniencing me (and when I realised I was shouting, I lowered my voice and quickly said, smiling ) I will gladly prepare the stew for you jor (and then I was up) oya let's go.. " heading out the room first before brother Hammed would have a second thought......

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by ayusco85(m): 12:24pm On Nov 27, 2015
BrownCookie:

The sexuality section.
I don't even know whr that place is. Pls can u be more elaborate? Tnx
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 12:26pm On Nov 27, 2015
WARRIBLOOD:
[size=15pt]I SAY IF ANDY NOR FFUCK YOU ME GO PERSONALY FFUCK YOUR TOTO

Your smelling toto.
Hope your toto is tight
[/size]
No wonder ur Music carrier is dead,how God want take help ur situation with this attitude

11 Likes

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by enthusiastica: 12:27pm On Nov 27, 2015
OP you are wicked ooo the suspense was killing i must confess! But guess what? You are forgiven because your write up more than bailed you out. Please don't do that prolonged suspense thing again because my wife is not a nurse nor can she do CPR. May half your salary be spent on buying ink so you can continue to write interesting pieces. WELLDONE!!!

4 Likes

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by ayusco85(m): 12:29pm On Nov 27, 2015
thatsincerechic:
Luckily for me, in the afternoon of the day Amaka left the house, while I was lying on the bed after I just had a cold shower for the fourth time that day, because I was feeling hot and hungry and remembered how I was told by a church member during fasting, (she always appeared strong while I always suspected she ate while nobody was watching but one day, she told me the secrete to her strength during 3days dry fast in church was because she bathed constantly, almost anytime we were not praying and,) that the best way to keep your mind from food is to have a cold bath.
So you see, I made use of the information and to an extent it helped because I was lying on the bed feeling relaxed and scheming on what I would do to get money and then a
"knock knock... Can I come in"
Someone shouted from outside opening the door at the same time.
"yeah... No p" I mumbled
And he was in, his name was Hammed, a neighbour, and then he started telling me how he was hungry, he wanted to ate rice and stew, although the rice was ready but the stew wasn't, his girlfriend who was supposed to come around and prepare the stew had called earlier to say she would no longer come around because she was busy and that he was finding it difficult to prepare the chicken for the stew.
At the mention of chicken, I sat up, adjusted my clothes and listened attentively and smiled.
"and i wanted to ask you... Please don't be annoyed. I don't know if I am inconveniencing you.. If you can prepare the stew..
"why not! (I interrupted him) haba... With all pleasure jare(I said smiling) you are not inconveniencing me at all ooo how na? "
And then Hammed said
" or maybe I should just prepare noodles and wait for my girlfriend to come because I feel... "
" what are you saying sir! (I shouted, my eyes roaming, my muscles twitching and legs getting ready to stand up) I said you are not inconveniencing me (and when I realised I was shouting, I lowered my voice and quickly said, smiling ) I will gladly prepare the stew for you jor (and then I was up) oya let's go.. " heading out the room first before brother Hammed would have a second thought......

What kind of house were u staying with amaka? Was it face me I face u? Hw did u do with the rent? Just curious

1 Like

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by Mustiboy(m): 12:31pm On Nov 27, 2015
@ op, this latest composure has about 3 flaws o. pls cross check. meanwhile, I'm loving your story.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (53) (Reply)

Uniben 2011/2012 Post-ume Result / Unilag 2017/2018 Admission Thread / FUT Minna 2013/2014 Aspirant Lets Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.