Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:06 PM

How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University (215399 Views)

How I Used What I Had To Get What I Need In The University / Photo: I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In Jamb / "How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University" - Abandon Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (53) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by thatsincerechic(f): 7:06pm On Nov 24, 2015
By a quarter to six, I was out of the hostel, out of the road, walking to God knows where.
My eyes had been filled with hot steamy tears ready to fall down like rain. I was walking and wondering, simultaneously lifting up my head so the tears would fall back into my eye sockets. It just wouldn't be contained as I felt hot tears on my cheeks and i continued walking.
I was not a fan of glasses but I wished I had a pair, with shade to be precise, a very dark shade to be more precise so I could cry all I wanted with no one noticing and then I kept my face down.
It seemed like all the emotions that had been building up which I had been suppressing all these days were back for a revenge mission for I could feel them with a force and determination to tear me apart. And then hot tears came pouring down like rain, more tears were building up and I left my face permanently down.
I wished I had a handkerchief so I could whip the tears off my face because my cheeks was noticeably damp. In all these, I could not cry out because I was scared someone would hear me. I just could not let that happen as I continued walking with the little bit of pride I had inside of me.
My whole body was shaking, my mind in turmoil as I called silently to God.
I was trying to understand why I was going through all these. The weight of my bag was telling on me as my left shoulder was sore and i needed to transfer the bag to my right shoulder even if it felt uncomfortable although it was nothing compared to the pain I was feeling inside of me.
My heart felt like there was a big hole in it, my left hand was limp, my whole body was weak and legs were visibly heavy as I realised it took me three seconds to take a step forward.
I noticed from afar with my teary eyes an uncompleted building sitting on a deserted environment.
I could see that some guys, they were four in number I guessed hanging at the front and smoking. On a normal day, I wouldn't dare go close to the building but everything that had to do with fear was far from me and the only thing on my mind was survival.....

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by martyns303(m): 7:18pm On Nov 24, 2015
thatsincerechic:
By a quarter to six, I was out of the hostel, out of the road, walking to God knows where.
My eyes had been filled with hot steamy tears ready to fall down like rain. I was walking and wondering, simultaneously lifting up my head so the tears would fall back into my eye sockets. It just wouldn't be contained as I felt hot tears on my cheeks and i continued walking.
I was not a fan of glasses but I wished I had a pair, with shade to be precise, a very dark shade to be more precise so I could cry all I wanted with no one noticing and then I kept my face down.
It seemed like all the emotions that had been building up which I had been suppressing all these days were back for a revenge mission for I could feel them with a force and determination to tear me apart. And then hot tears came pouring down like rain, more tears were building up and I left my face permanently down.
I wished I had a handkerchief so I could whip the tears off my face because my cheeks was noticeably damp. In all these, I could not cry out because I was scared someone would hear me. I just could not let that happen as I continued walking with the little bit of pride I had inside of me.
I was trying to understand why I was going through all these. The weight of my bag was telling on me as my left shoulder was sore and i needed to transfer the bag to my right shoulder even if it felt uncomfortable although it was nothing compared to the pain I was feeling inside of me.
My heart felt like there was a big hole in it, my left hand was limp, my whole body was weak and legs were visibly heavy as I realised it took me three seconds to take a step forward.
I noticed from afar with my teary eyes an uncompleted building sitting on a deserted environment.
I could see that some guys, they were four in number I guessed hanging at the front and smoking. On a normal day, I wouldn't dare go close to the building but everything that had to do with fear was far from me and the only thing on my mind was survival.....
I have limited data and I keep refreshing this page, pls hurry with the rest before my data exhaust. * in a non offensive tone*

50 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by doggedemmy(m): 7:23pm On Nov 24, 2015
Following...BTW nice writing skill you've got there...

8 Likes

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by thatsincerechic(f): 7:26pm On Nov 24, 2015
martyns303:

I have limited data and I keep refreshing this page, pls hurry with the rest before my data exhaust. * in a non offensive tone*
I'm sorry I need to charge my battery. I will be back shortly

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by thatsincerechic(f): 7:27pm On Nov 24, 2015
doggedemmy:
Following...BTW nice writing skill you've got there...
thank you sir

8 Likes

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by faith551(m): 7:32pm On Nov 24, 2015
Nice one op, Am feeling you already.
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by thatsincerechic(f): 7:39pm On Nov 24, 2015
faith551:
Nice one op, Am feeling you already.
thank you sir.

2 Likes

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by thatsincerechic(f): 7:40pm On Nov 24, 2015
My battery is still charging.. Gimme a couple of hours and I will be back.

2 Likes

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by martyns303(m): 7:43pm On Nov 24, 2015
thatsincerechic:
My battery is still charging.. Gimme a couple of hours and I will be back.

Be charging and typing nau? Just as you are doing now. Or be typing on ur phone's notepad so you can just copy paste. What you are doing is like watching a nice movie then NEPA seizes power and there's no fuel. You feel the pain?

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by Monalisa185(f): 7:47pm On Nov 24, 2015
martyns303:

Be charging and typing nau? Just as you are doing now. Or be typing on ur phone's notepad so you can just copy paste. What you are doing is like watching a nice movie then NEPA seizes power and there's no fuel. You feel the pain?

lol

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by MysticZeus: 8:45pm On Nov 24, 2015
thatsincerechic:

Whether Real or Fiction, this is really Touching.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by thatsincerechic(f): 9:15pm On Nov 24, 2015
I was inside the uncompleted building but I went in through the back entrance, dropped my bag on the floor, sat on the bag, my elbows placed on my knees, face on my palms and cried uncontrollably, cried like never before, cried like there was no tomorrow and I cried like I didn't care if I died crying.
Just when I had finished crying but still whispering like a child, I heard a broken voice behind me.
'woman, wetin happen.. Person thief your money? '
I didn't flinch a muscles and i was grateful that my reflexes aligned with my thoughts then I pretended I never heard the voice.
This time I could hear the voice in front of me
' hey! You dey hear me? '
There was no pretending because the voice was so big and i had goosebumps all over my arms
Then I lifted my face to see a short but tough looking man on shorts and singlet who should be in his thirties and i was just staring up at him blankly because I wasn't in the right state of mind to start explaining.
After about five minutes of silence, I finally broke the silence and said
'nothing sir '
This time he came closer, really close enough for me to see the pores on his face and i was terrified.
With a strong stench of marinara, he spoke into my face
'Why damsel like you dey cry? '
I could not hide the fact that the smell of the marijuana was unpleasant to me and I quickly answered
' menstrual pain sir'
'Menstrual pain... Shey na that una woman matter' he asked.
I nodded in affirmative.
'Why you no go house. You come here dey cry. Shey this place resemble your house? ' this time he was looking at my shoes, oh God my shoes again.
I quickly told him my roommate had travelled before I got back from class and that my keys to the doors had fallen off my bag and that I only came here to see if I could find it here because I took this route to class this morning before the menstrual pain started which prompted me to come inside the building to chill for a while because the pain became terrible. I also told him it wasn't possible to break the lock because it was an iron door (another lie)
'Okay.. Sorry ooo ' and he left me staring after him and thinking of what I had just said.
' So he left without saying anything other than sorry '
I said to myself. ' This is why I don't like confiding in people or telling them about my problems because many want to know just to satisfy their curiosity and not because they cared or they are concerned.
But I was proven wrong on this one.....

30 Likes 8 Shares

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by NOBODYY: 9:23pm On Nov 24, 2015
thatsincerechic:
I was inside the uncompleted building but I went in through the back entrance, dropped my bag on the floor, sat on the bag, my elbows placed on my knees, face on my palms and cried uncontrollably, cried like never before, cried like there was no tomorrow and I cried like I didn't care if I died crying.
Just when I had finished crying but still whispering like a child, I heard a broken voice behind me.
I didn't flinch a muscles and i was grateful that my reflexes aligned with my thoughts then I pretended I never heard the voice.
There was no pretending because the voice was so big and i had goosebumps all over my arms
Then I lifted my face to see a short but tough looking man on shorts and singlet who should be in his thirties and i was just staring up at him blankly because I wasn't in the right state of mind to start explaining.
'nothing sir '
This time he came closer, really close enough for me to see the pores on his face and i was terrified.
I could not hide the fact that the smell of the marijuana was unpleasant to me and I quickly answered
' menstrual pain sir'
I nodded in affirmative.
'Why you no go house. You come here dey cry. Shey this place resemble your house? ' this time he was looking at my shoes, oh God my shoes again.
I quickly told him my roommate had travelled before I got back from class and that my keys to the doors had fallen off my bag and that I only came here to see if I could find it here because I took this route to class this morning before the menstrual pain started which prompted me to come inside the building to chill for a while because the pain became terrible. I also told him it wasn't possible to break the lock because it was an iron door (another lie)
'Okay.. Sorry ooo ' and he left me staring after him and thinking of what I had just said.
I said to myself. ' This is why I don't like confiding in people or telling them about my problems because many want to know just to satisfy their curiosity and not because they cared or they are concerned.

sso the man fucck u?
if deres no sex scene den ur sweetstory will be incomplete undecided

20 Likes

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by martyns303(m): 9:26pm On Nov 24, 2015
"This is why I don't like confiding in people or telling them about my problems because many want to know just to satisfy their curiosity and not because they cared or they are concerned"

Wisdom!!!

Pls o, finish the story, am up late for this. Game of thrones on pause for this.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by thatsincerechic(f): 9:32pm On Nov 24, 2015
I am sorry I would have to continue tomorrow because I need to retire to bed. Thanks

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by obiorathesubtle: 9:37pm On Nov 24, 2015
Seriously. This is touching
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by ddeston(m): 9:40pm On Nov 24, 2015
Babe come I hardly comment on threads on Nairaland, but this your story has got me hooked. And I don't think I can wait to tomorrow.

Please come and finish it. Because you are practically telling my story, although mine wasnt in school, its long story, too.

I have been looking for a way to tell people the story too. But I can't seem to communicate it properly and pass the message to them emotionally and you are just doing that now,

Pls just continue please,

LAST Bullet: whether you are telling a fiction, true life story.. I promise you things are going to turn out fine for you.

And to the doubting thomases, there are millions of youths suffering like this here in Nigeria and I can testify to it.

Just please everybody learn from this and always give a helping hand.

109 Likes 20 Shares

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by babyPromise(f): 10:29pm On Nov 24, 2015
it is well dear.So so touching.
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by StarMogul(m): 10:40pm On Nov 24, 2015
thatsincerechic:
'nothing sir '
' menstrual pain sir'
I nodded in affirmative.
This girl sef....why u too dey lie like dis...Ahh ahh

20 Likes

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by Michellla(f): 11:03pm On Nov 24, 2015
following cheesy
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by Originalsly: 12:24am On Nov 25, 2015
.....as we take a break....some music

" It's a ghetto people song and only them can sing this one
It's a song for the poor who's facing sufferation
It's a ghetto people song and only them can sing this one
It's a song for the poor who is facing tribulation

Give a little, even a little
Just make it trickle, know who you give to
I'm talking to you Mr Fortunate One...."

@op...you write like a pro!...this is like a very good thriller....can't skip a word... can't wait to find out what happens next and after that and after that! The tone and the fine details tell me you are really writing what you experienced. I be following you like a shadow!

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by Csami(m): 1:04am On Nov 25, 2015
This suspense is deadly. BTW, is this story real?

1 Like

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by Fireson: 1:13am On Nov 25, 2015
Csami:
This suspense is deadly. BTW, is this story real?

Fictitious shit.... angry

5 Likes

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by Csami(m): 1:16am On Nov 25, 2015
Fireson:

Fictitious shit.... angry

Sounds like something that can happen in a Nigerian university.

15 Likes

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by Sarang(f): 2:16am On Nov 25, 2015
Im following...

Its pathetic op.
So sorry IF you did go through all that.

1 Like

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by thatsincerechic(f): 2:16am On Nov 25, 2015
The marijuana guy was back and this time he came with another guy pointing a touch at me.
This other guy from what I could see, was young, in his early twenties I guessed, with good looks but not to be compared to Andy's, well I couldn't tell much. He was taller, far taller than the marijuana guy, or was it that the marijuana guy was so short which made the other guy appear taller? But I wasn't in the mood for statistics then moreover i couldn't see clearly.
Both guys came closer to me and at this point I was thinking really hard on what my next move would be.
Now the time was past seven, almost eight, everywhere was dark outside the building and it dawned on me that I was alone in a deserted area, in an uncompleted building with two guys, strangers to be precise and i feared the worse.
'xup with you ' the seconded guy asked
' my boss just told me what happened to you.... Instead of sitting here all night why don't you come with me to my house' he said with a smirk on his face.
At this point I was unsure of what reply to give but I knew definitely that sleeping in the uncompleted building was out of question.
'your house? ' I asked, studying him with everything in me, and wishing I had the power to know what was on his mind.
' yes my place... You have nothing to worry about. I have two rooms, you can occupy one of the rooms for now because my brothers who lives with me is out of town and not coming back anytime soon. By the way I'm Anthony'. He said.
'Okay' I replied and hoped the story about my menstrual pain paid off.....

34 Likes 9 Shares

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by dimarket(m): 2:23am On Nov 25, 2015
Op, continu. I dey feel am

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by thatsincerechic(f): 2:51am On Nov 25, 2015
Anthony and i both got his place..
It seemed Anthony was a better liar than I was. The two bedroom apartment he told me about was actually a room divided into two with curtains.
There were some guys and girls sprawled on the rug watching TV. Anthony parted the curtains and ushered me inside his supposed second room which had a mattress, at the middle of the room which was as flat as a pancake, old and worn out.
This supposed room had nothing except for the mattress and a hanger by the left with piles of clothes and shoes underneath. A portable gas cylinder with a pot on it was visible at the other side of the room directly opposite the hanger on the wall. My eyes ransacked the room for some other items but all I could lay my eyes on were some litters of paper all about the room.
'wait! Wait! Is this a joke or something? I thought and turned back abruptly to see if Anthony was laughing or if he had that smirk on his face, but I was disappointed yet relieved to see that his face was plain, no emotions on the eyes though he looked really tired.
'if you want to have your bath, the bathroom is outside, I will show it to you. I have a bar soap and a... '
' No thanks! I interrupted him in mid sentence. ' I am very okay... all I need to do now is sleep. Thanks a lot for your kind gestures
' Okay' he shrugged and left me sitting on the mattress, legs spread apart, my left elbow on my thighs and my chin on my left palm, while my right hand fondled with the zips of my big handbag which was in front on me between my legs.
I was lost at what to do, I realised by this time(it was past nine) that I was very hungry. The eba and okra soup I had in the afternoon had burned off as energy which I already used up for walking and crying.
Of course, I wasn't going to tell Anthony that I was hungry, I would simply sleep I thought.
Two hours later and I was still trying to catch some sleep with my eyes tightly shut and hoping sleep would come my whole body was weak and felt broken and then the unimaginable happened....

28 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by Nobody: 4:42am On Nov 25, 2015
I blame most parents for not living up to expectation...Thats why Nigerian higher institutions has the highest number of Runs Girl in the world.You send your daughter to school with out provisions for her up keep & you expect her to endure the hardship for long

Things weren't like this during the 90's when the economy was a bit fair,when most parents had better jobs or business.

You barely would see a girl into runs during the early & mid 90's in the higher institution.Even those that were into the profession weren't that much & those into it were hiding their identity,but now what do you see;they have even formed an association & get contracts through Pimps...Just like what the OP is saying,the condition in which she has found herself leaves most girls no other choice but to start selling their bodies in other to stay alive,since their parents aren't forth coming.it saddens my heart to know that you and i would unknowingly pick them as a future wife #Disgusted

Below is a site i found here on Nairaland,advertising & promoting "Runs girls

https://www.nairaland.com/click/romance/3886

51 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by jackpot(f): 4:52am On Nov 25, 2015
loffowing

3 Likes

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by Ignatiusprince(m): 5:56am On Nov 25, 2015
Op.... stop the hide and seek option,,,,,

1 Like

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by egbaguy: 6:28am On Nov 25, 2015
I am so following

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (53) (Reply)

Uniben 2011/2012 Post-ume Result / Unilag 2017/2018 Admission Thread / FUT Minna 2013/2014 Aspirant Lets Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.