Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,635 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

Photos: Rare Pictures Of Ghettos In Lekki - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Photos: Rare Pictures Of Ghettos In Lekki (55616 Views)

Rare Picture Of Niger Bridge In Onitsha / More Pictures Of The New Lagos Buses / Rare Pictures Of Double Decker Private Jet With Bed And Television - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos: Rare Pictures Of Ghettos In Lekki by Chidex2442(m): 5:35pm On Nov 24, 2015
Okay ooooo we have seen, but how will this make our government of change reduce the excess air Inside burger peanuts?
Re: Photos: Rare Pictures Of Ghettos In Lekki by Nobody: 5:35pm On Nov 24, 2015
new york has ghetto areas... smiley
Re: Photos: Rare Pictures Of Ghettos In Lekki by NwaNimo1(m): 5:35pm On Nov 24, 2015
Typical Lagos - A shittt..hole / Ghetto!
Re: Photos: Rare Pictures Of Ghettos In Lekki by dammytosh: 5:35pm On Nov 24, 2015
i stay in Lekki grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Photos: Rare Pictures Of Ghettos In Lekki by princessdami: 5:37pm On Nov 24, 2015
A student failed JAMB 5 tyms. 1 day,
she travelled 2 visit her frnd in
UNIBEN, she fell sick & was admitted
to a hospital there. She later called her
mum & said...
GIRL: Hello ma
MUM: The place is silent, whr r u?
GIRL: I'm in UNIBEN
MUM: Wooow finally, thank God o
GIRL: I was admitted
MUM: Thats great o. God has
disgraced the witches in ur father's
house dat don't want you to go to
school (laughing & dancing)
GIRL: Mama na Malaria o
MUM: Malaria is a gud course o my
daughter, plz take it serious o
GIRL: I would b discharged 2moro
MUM: God forbid my daughter!!!. U
go complete ur four years over there
in Jesus name.
Girl: God punish Illiteracy!!!
Mum: Amen..... coz I heard dat d
lecturer is very wicked.
Please don't laff alone, send it to your
friends and make their day be fun......Get More At Examsland.ml Gudevenin all
Re: Photos: Rare Pictures Of Ghettos In Lekki by Nobody: 5:37pm On Nov 24, 2015
stexsy:
Some girls living in this ghetto will be like "i stay at LEKKI
Re: Photos: Rare Pictures Of Ghettos In Lekki by airlord2020: 5:41pm On Nov 24, 2015
No big deal. The very poor has to stay somewhere. services must be rendered for any community to thrive. The very poor people that work for the rich have to live near them and that is why ghettos exist whether in Lekki or elsewhere.

2 Likes

Re: Photos: Rare Pictures Of Ghettos In Lekki by kajoula(m): 5:41pm On Nov 24, 2015
hunite:

Go to END OF ADMIRALTY ROAD
You will see confirm GHeTTO
Re: Photos: Rare Pictures Of Ghettos In Lekki by godoluwa(m): 5:42pm On Nov 24, 2015
grin
stexsy:
grin
stexsy:
walai
Re: Photos: Rare Pictures Of Ghettos In Lekki by yyeanqah(m): 5:42pm On Nov 24, 2015
End time
Re: Photos: Rare Pictures Of Ghettos In Lekki by welbeck317(m): 5:44pm On Nov 24, 2015
Babysho:
End Time Lekki grin
off key I swear
Re: Photos: Rare Pictures Of Ghettos In Lekki by sunkieisland(m): 5:46pm On Nov 24, 2015
stexsy:

All na lekki nau,

dem no go talk IKKEL

Na Lekki dem go say

person wey dey Live for Slum in Atlanta Georgia, na Yankee de person dey ooo
Re: Photos: Rare Pictures Of Ghettos In Lekki by masseratti: 5:48pm On Nov 24, 2015
Bigprozzie:
This is what happens when immigrants transported by Ekene Dili Chukwu keep coming to a small state like Lagos.

They come penniless and end up living in horrible conditions like those shown on this thread.

It is time that these immigrants start ensuring that they develop their own villages, towns and cities so that it can become habitable.

To be fair, I dont think these immigrants care, they have it better living in squalor in Lekki than living in their horrible land across the east
it is time most send only Yorubas with come against people like you,kilode? What has the price got to be be what you term talking about? Where is your omoluabi toga,please be above board,we are not known for the kind of post you just wrote on there.
Re: Photos: Rare Pictures Of Ghettos In Lekki by thewarrior72: 5:48pm On Nov 24, 2015
Bigprozzie:
This is what happens when immigrants transported by Ekene Dili Chukwu keep coming to a small state like Lagos.

They come penniless and end up living in horrible conditions like those shown on this thread.

It is time that these immigrants start ensuring that they develop their own villages, towns and cities so that it can become habitable.

To be fair, I dont think these immigrants care, they have it better living in squalor in Lekki than living in their horrible land across the east
The immigrants will soon leave for u to enjoy ur utopian state
Re: Photos: Rare Pictures Of Ghettos In Lekki by Nobody: 5:51pm On Nov 24, 2015
lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Photos: Rare Pictures Of Ghettos In Lekki by Bigprozzie: 5:51pm On Nov 24, 2015
masseratti:
it is time most send only Yorubas with come against people like you,kilode? What has the price got to be be what you term talking about? Where is your omoluabi toga,please be above board,we are not known for the kind of post you just wrote on there.

GAD- Oshiomole (2014)

1 Like

Re: Photos: Rare Pictures Of Ghettos In Lekki by trapQ: 5:57pm On Nov 24, 2015
be civil
Bigprozzie:

Re: Photos: Rare Pictures Of Ghettos In Lekki by masseratti: 6:02pm On Nov 24, 2015
Bigprozzie:

GAD- Oshiomole (2014)

I want to assume you just wrote Go And Die abi,lol my life too sweet for me to commit suicide, we know your kind omo abi pa idi de
Re: Photos: Rare Pictures Of Ghettos In Lekki by flokii: 6:15pm On Nov 24, 2015
shocked
Re: Photos: Rare Pictures Of Ghettos In Lekki by NeduDchamp(m): 6:27pm On Nov 24, 2015
alaoeri:
Op the whole of Lekki was once full off ghettos & slumps not until the military administration of colonel Raji Rasaki btw 1988 to 1991 which embarked on massive demolition of illegal structures to rid the area of shanties.
True talk. I like good researchers like u.

1 Like

Re: Photos: Rare Pictures Of Ghettos In Lekki by Nobody: 6:29pm On Nov 24, 2015
[quote author=Bigprozzie post=40363000][b]This is what happens when immigrants transported by Ekene Dili Chukwu keep coming to a small state like Lagos.

Look ignorance written all over you post.
Re: Photos: Rare Pictures Of Ghettos In Lekki by Awoofawo(m): 6:29pm On Nov 24, 2015
Some Igbo sha ati Igbo mimu, you can't separate the two!!!

Won se epe Yoruba fun yin ni?!

One day go be one day sha!!!

Olorun sha fi case yin si wa lowo lojo kan, na that day you know proper correction angry!
Re: Photos: Rare Pictures Of Ghettos In Lekki by free2ryhme: 6:31pm On Nov 24, 2015
simtosul:
For a lot of Nigerians Lagos is the epicentre of
perfection. For Lagosians their imagination
revolves around affluent neighbourhoods like Ikoyi
and Lekki, the places they consider as a paradise.
Within Lekki, however, there is a slum so horrible
it is hard to believe it can exist in a modern
metropolis.
Lekki is a top class neighbourhood no doubt. The
gargantuan houses and the serene neighbourhood
is a testament to the lifestyle you will expect
from the crème de la crème of the society. The
roads are tarred with manicured greenery by the
side. The exclusiveness of the neighbourhood is
typified by the seemingly individualistic lifestyle.
You can literally hear a pin drop as people keep
to the comfort of their fortress houses.
Ordinarily, one would assume that is what the
expensive neighbourhood of Lekki is all about
until you step into the dirt road that leads to the
other world inside Lekki. At first, one is likely to
think it is a short cut to Ajegunle, a
neighbourhood that is used as a representation of
low-class living.

The slum inside Lekki, like every low-class
environment is a crowded settlement that is a
sharp contrast to what Lekki supposedly
represents. In the slum, there is a place for
everyone who is interested in ‘’managing’’. Houses
are hastily-built constructions that represent
necessity rather than comfort.
Few of the houses have doors and the ones that
do have little assets to protect. One person’s
backyard leads to the front of another occupant’s
apartment. There is a close knitted relationship
among the dwellers that a visitor automatically
stands out like a sore thumb.
It is difficult to consider the Lekki slum a
makeshift place as there are basic facilities that
one will find in a normal settlement. There are
shops that cater for people’s needs. You’ll also
find canteens constructed with wood that look
more like storage cabins.
Hygiene is probably the last they think about
when it comes to feeding and living. There is
even a white garment church for believers. Its
proximity to the ocean is not an accident as
members of this type of churches also consider
the water and its environment worship grounds.
There is also a brothel that also doubles as a bar
that has a small banner that boasts of girls who
are good at dancing naked. Somewhere in the
place is even an innovative spring ball-like board
game named “Ogun lowo wa”, which literally
means “In Ogun, you will find money”, Ogun being
the Yoruba God of iron.
A betting game for two people, one needs to
score the highest point by clinching a higher
number than one’s opponent to win. It’s a past
time activity for the slum dwellers. There is a
reckless abandonment that permeates through
the slum. If something does not satisfy a
utilitarian purpose, it is given little or no
attention.
Survival and living through each day is the key
which is why weeds are allowed to grow
unattended to unlike the manicured flowers that
surround the affluent part of Lekki. There is no
proper drainage system so the roads serve as
waste disposal and commuting. The obvious
thought on their mind will likely be: “Of what use
is a beautiful environment when the inhabitants
are hungry?”
It is difficult to imagine what goes through the
mind of the slum dwellers knowing that their
immediate neighbours roll in abundant wealth and
live exotic lives. Whether they perceive their
neighbours with envy or resentment is unknown
or perhaps they are contented in their own small
unexciting world.
ducation”.
Unlike the slum, however, the school compound is
in a fairly good shape. According to report, the
fortune of the school changed after a Chinese
company decided to rebuild it. Now it has a
compound that can stomach any rain with its
interlocking stone. Perhaps one day when the
students reap the reward of education, they will
return to change the fortune of their humble slum
that for now, rots in the middle of plenty.

The manner in which such scattered texts make frontpage tells the level of laziness about the individual who pushed it there.

How can you expect someone to read these scattered words and make sense out of what is communicated?

What will it cost your to rearrange them for public consumption, how much?

Haba

1 Like

Re: Photos: Rare Pictures Of Ghettos In Lekki by ivylyn: 6:39pm On Nov 24, 2015
After almost reading all that plenty stuff couldn't see no picture sad sad sad
Re: Photos: Rare Pictures Of Ghettos In Lekki by Nobody: 6:41pm On Nov 24, 2015
Ah!! Nigeria is the hell fire on earth! angry angry angry angry
Re: Photos: Rare Pictures Of Ghettos In Lekki by favourlove1: 6:50pm On Nov 24, 2015
Bigprozzie:

are you speaking of the imigrants from ijebu oshun ilesha n south west? Cuz the last time I checkd the ppl you are referring to are heavy investors in all sectors of you waste economy n lagos would suffer without them n mind you if this place you call paradise weren't the capital of nija n had our leaders in d past did their best in distributing resources equitably you wount be spitting this trash from that gutter you call mouth. Eeediot!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos: Rare Pictures Of Ghettos In Lekki by deekaybeatz(m): 7:28pm On Nov 24, 2015
Who be this wey dey snap inside person house
Re: Photos: Rare Pictures Of Ghettos In Lekki by hahn(m): 7:39pm On Nov 24, 2015
deeswagger:
See as people pour dirt for floor anyhow... Poverty is a state of mind, no rich person wey dey hin right senses go carry dirt pour for road like this, but if na the low income earners, it is alright cos they are poor...

Lol. Your comment is biased. Lots of "educated and rich" Nigerians throw litter out of their car windows. It's a Nigerian thing bro.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Most Expensive Garden Street In Owerri / 5 Most Rugged States In Nigeria. / 5 African Countries Where Snow Falls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.