Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,907 members, 7,835,026 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

UCL Final: Man United(0) Vs Barcelona(2) On Wednesday 27th May - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / UCL Final: Man United(0) Vs Barcelona(2) On Wednesday 27th May (44921 Views)

Poll: UCL 08/09 Champions will be?

Man United: 43% (78 votes)
Barcelona: 56% (102 votes)
This poll has ended

El-Clasico: Real Madrid Vs Barcelona. (2 - 1) - On 29th August 2012 / Chelsea Vs Birmingham [3-0] On Wednesday 27th January / Aston Villa Vs Arsenal [0-0] Wednesday 27th January (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UCL Final: Man United(0) Vs Barcelona(2) On Wednesday 27th May by BinghiNya(m): 8:55am On May 28, 2009
United all my wife, we will be back at least we are the runners up. We lost to the best team in europe its something to be proud of. Barca will crash out early next season like they are used to doing and  lets watch what they do  in japan.
Igwe left Arsenal to barca in a bid to win the UCl, i see fabregas and van persie doing same cos they will never do so wearing Arsenal's shirt. Maybe arsenal might not make next Ucl
Re: UCL Final: Man United(0) Vs Barcelona(2) On Wednesday 27th May by lakeside4love(m): 8:57am On May 28, 2009
Sorry Ferguson,

Re: UCL Final: Man United(0) Vs Barcelona(2) On Wednesday 27th May by lakeside4love(m): 8:59am On May 28, 2009
Worthy Champions,

Re: UCL Final: Man United(0) Vs Barcelona(2) On Wednesday 27th May by lakeside4love(m): 9:01am On May 28, 2009
more pics

Re: UCL Final: Man United(0) Vs Barcelona(2) On Wednesday 27th May by chukxy44(m): 9:04am On May 28, 2009
For those of u that thought we would run away after loosing a cup, i want you to know that I remain committed to suporting MAN U we only lost to a better side that played a better football this season, loosing a Pound to Baca was wat the while they played a better game at the final than we did,  next season they would be defending the cup while we prepare to take it back. UNITED FOR LIFE
Re: UCL Final: Man United(0) Vs Barcelona(2) On Wednesday 27th May by lakeside4love(m): 9:09am On May 28, 2009
n more pics,
Re: UCL Final: Man United(0) Vs Barcelona(2) On Wednesday 27th May by solosimple(m): 9:13am On May 28, 2009
Up Barca! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: UCL Final: Man United(0) Vs Barcelona(2) On Wednesday 27th May by Renz(m): 9:17am On May 28, 2009
[b][size=30pt]MAN U FOR LIFE[/size][/b]
Re: UCL Final: Man United(0) Vs Barcelona(2) On Wednesday 27th May by medube(m): 9:20am On May 28, 2009
I personally believe, and I am sure a lot of you will agree, that the semis were harder matches for Barcelona than yesterday's match.
Re: UCL Final: Man United(0) Vs Barcelona(2) On Wednesday 27th May by chiboy7(m): 9:22am On May 28, 2009
This is football made in BARCA.

BARCA 4 LIFE!!! smiley
Re: UCL Final: Man United(0) Vs Barcelona(2) On Wednesday 27th May by Jaylone(m): 9:27am On May 28, 2009
In fairness, I think mu was over rated cry
Re: UCL Final: Man United(0) Vs Barcelona(2) On Wednesday 27th May by chiboy7(m): 9:31am On May 28, 2009
medube:

I personally believe, and I am sure a lot of you will agree, that the semis were harder matches for Barcelona than yesterday's match.

YOU ARE 100% RIGHT MY BRODA.
Re: UCL Final: Man United(0) Vs Barcelona(2) On Wednesday 27th May by ElRazur: 9:32am On May 28, 2009
Taken from Times Online

It is difficult to question the tactics of a manager who has won more than thirty trophies, but it looks like Sir Alex Ferguson got his tactics wrong in Rome last night.

Chelsea – and United in the past - have proved that the best way to play against Barcelona is to be physical and strong. Give Barcelona time and space and they will destroy you,

For some reason, Ferguson decided to try and play Barcelona at their own game in the Stadio Olimpico and United’s fate was sealed when Samuel Eto’o scored after only ten minutes.

To make matters worse, Ferguson gambled at half time by bringing on Carlos Tevez, switching his formation and making the game even more open.

United did not turn up last night. They did not compete. There was no passion. There was no fire. There was no spark. They played as if all they had to do to win was to show up.

Ferguson does not owe United anything but if he had taken Barcelona more seriously last night the result could have been very different.

Bingo! Gbam. Period. Bang!! grin

As an arsenal fan, I think there is a God and he showed himself last night. grin
Re: UCL Final: Man United(0) Vs Barcelona(2) On Wednesday 27th May by Redfox(m): 9:37am On May 28, 2009
shit happens in football, afterall man u mesmerised arsenal comfortably on 4-1 aggregate,edged out inter milan with ease so whatz the big deal.i know that all those who claim to be barcelona fans originally belong to chelsea,arsenal,liverpool and all lots of looserville clubs that have gone trophiless over the years,they are not just comfortable with the present situation of their respective clubs,noticed too that we gat lots of ashawo and jealous fans who will never appreciate MANCHESTER UNITED,THE MIGHTY CLUB IN BATTLE.UP MAN UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

dont forget the 4-0 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE  thumbing of barca few seasons ago when the likes of ronaldinho was still kicking, YESTERDAY WAS JUST ONE OF THOSE DAYS.
Re: UCL Final: Man United(0) Vs Barcelona(2) On Wednesday 27th May by ElRazur: 9:40am On May 28, 2009
Redfox:

shit happens in football, afterall man u mesmerised arsenal comfortably on 4-1 aggregate,edged out inter milan with ease so whatz the big deal.i know that all those who claim to be barcelona fans originally belong to chelsea,arsenal,liverpool and all lots of looserville clubs that have gone trophiless over the years,they are not just comfortable with the present situation of their respective clubs,noticed too that we gat lots of ashawo and jealous fans who will never appreciate MANCHESTER UNITED,THE MIGHTY CLUB IN BATTLE.UP MAN UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

dont forget the 4-0 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE  thumbing of barca few seasons ago when the likes of ronaldinho was still kicking, YESTERDAY WAS JUST ONE OF THOSE DAYS.

Translation: Excuse. Excuse. Excuse and more excuses.

Your team lost, please take it like a man and stop bringing in past glory. See the post I made above, it hit the nail on the head!
Re: UCL Final: Man United(0) Vs Barcelona(2) On Wednesday 27th May by otokx(m): 9:58am On May 28, 2009
Manchester united were put to shame. They just could not see where the ball was.
Re: UCL Final: Man United(0) Vs Barcelona(2) On Wednesday 27th May by Kelvinj(m): 9:59am On May 28, 2009
Guez united got served!! Their probs b say der fans dem use mouth play d match since last 2wks. Never walk alonesmiley
Re: UCL Final: Man United(0) Vs Barcelona(2) On Wednesday 27th May by Renz(m): 10:00am On May 28, 2009
Well, lets give it up for the Barca's,  They were the Better Team last nite and they deserve the win.

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE ORIGINAL BARCA FANS

Next season is arround the corner. . . We will try to do better

[size=24pt]MAN U FOR LIFE[/size]
Re: UCL Final: Man United(0) Vs Barcelona(2) On Wednesday 27th May by pek(m): 10:07am On May 28, 2009
this is the worst final i have ever watched. it was too one sided and man u were lucky to concede only two goals.
Re: UCL Final: Man United(0) Vs Barcelona(2) On Wednesday 27th May by sxy(f): 10:08am On May 28, 2009
Nothing pleased me more than witnessing Man U being humbled.Priceless!!
Re: UCL Final: Man United(0) Vs Barcelona(2) On Wednesday 27th May by twinstaiye(m): 10:14am On May 28, 2009
Re: UCL Final: Man United(0) Vs Barcelona(2) On Wednesday 27th May by U1(m): 10:16am On May 28, 2009
Let the dead be mourning their dead. I thought I stated yesterday that Evra ma fe la lowo Messi, in the end the whole Man. dis-United ended up "lana-ing". I guess everybody now know the win over Chelsea wasn't a fluke. Ijaya omo, Messi is surely the next FIFA player of the year. No consest. grin cool
Re: UCL Final: Man United(0) Vs Barcelona(2) On Wednesday 27th May by charles316: 10:16am On May 28, 2009
man u were spineless.now the world world would see how good chelsea were.with chelsea they rare created anything.except the goal.

if it was barca -chelsea.it could have been a tougher match that the training section we saw yesterday.
Re: UCL Final: Man United(0) Vs Barcelona(2) On Wednesday 27th May by pek(m): 10:19am On May 28, 2009
they had Pique and Sergio on the pitch today.Back then in 2006,man for man,Arsenal were no match

this simply shows you dont know jack about football or you didnt watch the match. arsenal played the greater part of the match with a man down and they were leading until the 76th min. i wonder what it would av been if it were 11-11
Re: UCL Final: Man United(0) Vs Barcelona(2) On Wednesday 27th May by eiete(f): 10:21am On May 28, 2009
sxy:

Nothing pleased me more than witnessing Man U being humbled.Priceless!!

Gbam!

You have said it all.

GOONER FOR LIFE!!!!
Re: UCL Final: Man United(0) Vs Barcelona(2) On Wednesday 27th May by opuro(m): 10:22am On May 28, 2009
na Puyol de mark Ronaldo
abi na Ronaldo de  mark Puyol

habba EYINBA for try pass MU
yesterday!
Re: UCL Final: Man United(0) Vs Barcelona(2) On Wednesday 27th May by twinstaiye(m): 10:23am On May 28, 2009
I am tired of all this chelski fans running mouth that they would have been a better opponent to Barca than Man Utd. For God's sake, Man utd can lift their head up yesterday because they play their own game, not an inventing football tactics to win at all costs that chelsea had been known for.  Truth is attacking football is it any day, a philosophy that chelski should learn, if at all they want to win the CL.
Re: UCL Final: Man United(0) Vs Barcelona(2) On Wednesday 27th May by zionitte22(m): 10:24am On May 28, 2009
what a shame.as big As ARSENALand CHELSEA is I don`t no that you guys are so FACELESS.
 coolwithout an IDENTITY .Going at the back of BARCELONA. cool
SHAME ON YOU ALL tongue
Re: UCL Final: Man United(0) Vs Barcelona(2) On Wednesday 27th May by tayoccu(m): 10:34am On May 28, 2009
pek:

this simply shows you dont know jack about football or you didnt watch the match. arsenal played the greater part of the match with a man down and they were leading until the 76th min. i wonder what it would av been if it were 11-11

you tell the manc scummies.

their performance was the worst against barca by an english side in the last 4 years shame on em
Re: UCL Final: Man United(0) Vs Barcelona(2) On Wednesday 27th May by kaydee(m): 10:38am On May 28, 2009
pek:

I mean head to head,like looking at the quality of players on the pitch back then,they had more than us.Sauron is arguing that they played a better team than the one we played back in 2006.
Re: UCL Final: Man United(0) Vs Barcelona(2) On Wednesday 27th May by Krayola(m): 10:42am On May 28, 2009
medube:

The semis were an embarrassment to the game we love. How can you even call that football? At least the world saw a show yesterday. . .that is what its all about. Man U lost nothing yesterday except a game of football. Their pride is intact, and their reputation as a great team that plays good football is intact. It happens to the best of us. Ac Milan thrashed a star-studded Barca 4-0 in a CL final before. . .  its part of it all. .  but Chelsea will never win anything if they don't learn how to respect the game first. It is a GAME, and not a fight. It is to be enjoyed. We ENJOYED watching yesterday's game. . .  we only sat thru the Chelsea games because we absolutely had to
Re: UCL Final: Man United(0) Vs Barcelona(2) On Wednesday 27th May by Keegan: 10:48am On May 28, 2009
Compare & contrast post #88
I predicted thus,

The Scoreline,  

[size=18pt]Barca 3 - Man U 0[/size]

Eto o 10'
Messi 75'
Henry 89'

[size=18pt]Barca 2 - Man U 0[/size]

Eto o 10'
Messi 70'
Henry 89'

I scored 66%, I will do better in future

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Atletico Madrid Vs Barcelona : UCL (2 - 0) On 13th April 2016 / Leicester City Vs Liverpool (0 - 4) On 26th December 2019 / Premiership Highest Goal Scorer (who)?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.