Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

UCL Final: Man United(0) Vs Barcelona(2) On Wednesday 27th May - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / UCL Final: Man United(0) Vs Barcelona(2) On Wednesday 27th May (44790 Views)

Poll: UCL 08/09 Champions will be?

Man United: 43% (78 votes)
Barcelona: 56% (102 votes)
This poll has ended

El-Clasico: Real Madrid Vs Barcelona. (2 - 1) - On 29th August 2012 / Chelsea Vs Birmingham [3-0] On Wednesday 27th January / Aston Villa Vs Arsenal [0-0] Wednesday 27th January (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UCL Final: Man United(0) Vs Barcelona(2) On Wednesday 27th May by djcrucifix(m): 12:23pm On May 28, 2009
pmplmfao! what a way to win a final. the class, the passes, the finesse, the beauty, the goals, the celebrations, phew! barcelona fc, una do well.
Re: UCL Final: Man United(0) Vs Barcelona(2) On Wednesday 27th May by Kelvinj(m): 12:23pm On May 28, 2009
@ibime
u jst dey sharrap evrybody? Even newcastle wey go relegation win trophies pass u. Special 1 curse una say una go dey smell am but u no go chop am. So d solution b say make movich go mit T.B JOSHUA 4 deliverance section!!
Re: UCL Final: Man United(0) Vs Barcelona(2) On Wednesday 27th May by nich(m): 12:26pm On May 28, 2009
meeeeeeeeeeeeeehnnnnnnnnnn! see wiping. tongue
correct! cheesy

gogogogogogogooooooooalll! grin
Re: UCL Final: Man United(0) Vs Barcelona(2) On Wednesday 27th May by Krayola(m): 12:32pm On May 28, 2009
Ibime:

Nigga we didn't lose. . . . in the event of a draw, the team with the most away goals goes through. . . . .emphasis on the word 'draw'. . . .in any event, everybody knows that under Football Association rules, if applied properly and correctly, Chelsea BATTERED Barcelona. . . . I do not wanna open old wounds. . . . you got through and kudos for that. . . . but I would shut my mouth if I were you knowing that you only got through on the[b] gross [/b] incompetence of a referee. . . .

My team jus win CL and u wan make i sharap!?!?! hahaha  i no need to insult u. . . the more u yarn the more of ur low-level thinking na im u dey advertise.

Last time i checked away goals were worth more. you scored a home goal, we scored an away goal. How the hell is that a draw? If it was a draw then we would have played extra time. 

I'm sure you can do better than that.  try again
Re: UCL Final: Man United(0) Vs Barcelona(2) On Wednesday 27th May by charles316: 12:34pm On May 28, 2009
PLATINI TO FERGUSON: Your boys took a hell of a beating: Michel Platini (left) commiserates with the tactically-challenged Sir Alex Ferguson.

Sir Alex Ferguson is a great manager but last night's Champions League final showed he is not the greatest. In fact, he could learn a trick or two from Chelsea's Guus Hiddink.
The Manchester United boss is the master at mind-games, of developing and re-developing his squad and keeping super rich players hungry.

But if the explosive attacking players he accumulates don't hit their target he runs out of ideas.

It happened before when Arsenal kept them at bay in the 2005 FA Cup final and eventually won on penalties.

Arsenal are a poor man's Barcelona, however, and the Spanish simply had more about them than United, going forward and at the back.

Ferguson simply had no answer to their passing and his response of simply attacking more lacked imagination.

The fact that he believed the game was effectively over after United conceded in the tenth minute is embarrassing.

Hiddink's undefeated approach of containing and frustrating Barcelona was more sophisticated despite the accusations of brutality, but the United manager chose to ignore it.

Maybe he thought his team could not defend well enough to hold Barcelona and by the performance of Nemanja Vidic he was right.

The defender turns at the speed of an ocean liner and all those who thought he should have been the Premier League's player of the year despite his humiliation against Liverpool must be relieved they didn't get their way after last night's repea
Re: UCL Final: Man United(0) Vs Barcelona(2) On Wednesday 27th May by Ibime(m): 1:03pm On May 28, 2009
Krayola:

My team jus win CL and u wan make i sharap!?!?! hahaha i no need to insult u. . . the more u yarn the more of ur low-level thinking na im u dey advertise.

Last time i checked away goals were worth more. you scored a home goal, we scored an away goal. How the hell is that a draw? If it was a draw then we would have played extra time.

I'm sure you can do better than that. try again

Na draw wey you dey take make mouth, even upon referee help? Abegi make I hear word! See as Barca players dey celebrate at SB like say dem done conquer Mount Everest. . . . and you are coming here to yarn nonsense about Man Utd coming out to play. . . . what exactly did Man Utd play yesterday?. . . . . the only difference between Man Utd's 'attacking football' yesterday and Chelsea's is that Chelsea actually hurt Barca. . . . and any objective observer would swear that Barca are only in the final based on refereeing incompetence. . . . so shat it!. . . . . if parking the bus means that Chelsea created 5 times more shots on goal than Barca, then parking the bus seems to be a better attacking philosophy than the nonsense you are praising Man Utd for. . . . . I don't blame you, you just want every team to rollover and produce a spineless performance against Barca. . . . when faced with real competition, you start yarning 'inanities' about the beautiful game. . . . . a beautiful game that produces one shot on target in 90 minutes. . . the truth remains, that if not for the referee, you would not be here yarning nonsense cos the game at SB would have ended 3-0!. . . . now, dispute the fact that you would not be at home watching the final as a neutral if not for the referee!
Re: UCL Final: Man United(0) Vs Barcelona(2) On Wednesday 27th May by Uby40(m): 1:10pm On May 28, 2009
besides the total domination Barca had over Manure,
i think more credit shud go to the centre referee who gave a very good account of himself and what an entertaining final shud feel like.
If it wer to be Mr.Overbo of Norway, i know by now Marure fans wud ahve been gushing out their silly excuses.
I'm so glad seeing Eto'o score in his second consecutive final,Henry picking up a medal at last,and the whole world were given a chance to pick thier True World best player, the smallest man on the pitch scoring with his head, that happened to be his first UCL headed goal.
Re: UCL Final: Man United(0) Vs Barcelona(2) On Wednesday 27th May by Krayola(m): 1:14pm On May 28, 2009
Ibime:

Na draw wey you dey take make mouth, even upon referee help? Abegi make I hear word! See as Barca players dey celebrate at SB like say dem done conquer Mount Everest. . . . and you are coming here to yarn nonsense about Man Utd coming out to play. . . . what exactly did Man Utd play yesterday?. . . . . the only difference between Man Utd's 'attacking football' yesterday and Chelsea's is that Chelsea actually hurt Barca. . . . and any objective observer would swear that Barca are only in the final based on refereeing incompetence. . . . so shat it!. . . . . if parking the bus means that Chelsea created 5 times more shots on goal than Barca, then parking the bus seems to be a better attacking philosophy than the nonsense you are praising Man Utd for. . . . . I don't blame you, you just want every team to rollover and produce a spineless performance against Barca. . . . when faced with real competition, you start yarning 'inanities' about the beautiful game. . . . . a beautiful game that produces one shot on target in 90 minutes. . . the truth remains, that if not for the referee, you would not be here yarning nonsense cos the game at SB would have ended 3-0!. . . . now, dispute the fact that you would not be at home watching the final as a neutral if not for the referee!

Like I said, Espanyol, a team that costs one tenth of yours, gave us a fight away( took a last minute lucky goal to beat them), and then came back to beat us at our stadium. They played us ammo for ammo, and they prevailed. Atletico Madrid beat us, despite us scoring three goals.

Keep making all these nonsense arguments. We're here to talk football. Not results. . all that matters to agberos. .  we get both, in style!!!
Re: UCL Final: Man United(0) Vs Barcelona(2) On Wednesday 27th May by Krayola(m): 1:23pm On May 28, 2009
shit happens,  Zaragoza beat us 4-1 a few seasons ago, Real Madrid beat us 4-1 last seson. Getafe beat us i think 5-0 2 seasons ago. No team is beyond an ass whooping. It was just Man u's turn and they took it in the right spirit.
Re: UCL Final: Man United(0) Vs Barcelona(2) On Wednesday 27th May by dayokanu(m): 1:32pm On May 28, 2009
This beating no get part 2. Nothing to complain about

Whooping
Re: UCL Final: Man United(0) Vs Barcelona(2) On Wednesday 27th May by khanye(m): 1:50pm On May 28, 2009
@ krayola

Na why u dey follow this chelski fans dey argue
we no be dem mate nah1 wink
Re: UCL Final: Man United(0) Vs Barcelona(2) On Wednesday 27th May by IFELEKE(m): 1:58pm On May 28, 2009
Uby40:

besides the total domination Barca had over Manure,
i think more credit shud go to the centre referee who gave a very good account of himself and what an entertaining final shud feel like.
If it wer to be Mr.Overbo of Norway, i know by now Marure fans wud ahve been gushing out their silly excuses.
I'm so glad seeing Eto'o score in his second consecutive final,Henry picking up a medal at last,[/b]and [b]the whole world were given a chance to pick thier True World best player, the smallest man on the pitch scoring with his head, that happened to be his first UCL headed goal.
Those Bold Points made my day.
I saw Messi's goal under the beatings of armed robbers who invaded my house last nite, I celebrated and I got severe beatings. . .For Me, It was a Bitter-Sweet Victory.
Barca For Life. . . .We Rule,They Ruse
Re: UCL Final: Man United(0) Vs Barcelona(2) On Wednesday 27th May by Afam4eva(m): 2:18pm On May 28, 2009
BARCA is simply the best. . . . no contest.
Re: UCL Final: Man United(0) Vs Barcelona(2) On Wednesday 27th May by kokonets(m): 2:20pm On May 28, 2009
dayokanu:

This beating no get part 2. Nothing to complain about

Whooping

Yes o even with makeshift defense ooo now dem dey talk say dem miss fletcher i laff in spanish lol
Re: UCL Final: Man United(0) Vs Barcelona(2) On Wednesday 27th May by eShegz(m): 2:21pm On May 28, 2009
Lovely Game Barca Had, Possesion was awesome, Passes were Fluid and Crispy, Movement  Was Plainly Written With Purpose, I am In Love With This Team, I tell You! Yet, Methink The Absence Of Fletcher Was A Big Minus For The Reds, lol
Re: UCL Final: Man United(0) Vs Barcelona(2) On Wednesday 27th May by khanye(m): 2:27pm On May 28, 2009
Yes o even with makeshift defense ooo now dem dey talk say dem miss fletcher i laff in spanish lol

Shey na flectcher won score 20goals tongue
Re: UCL Final: Man United(0) Vs Barcelona(2) On Wednesday 27th May by lalaboi(m): 2:28pm On May 28, 2009
na wa for these manutd fans. . . .dem turn am to fight sha

http://www.?u=http%3A%2F%2Fsoccernet.espn.go.com%2Fnews%2Fstory%3Fid%3D650465%26sec%3Duefachampionsleague%26%26cc%3D5739&h=e99c0259a326b3d8641d29c4b67019d0
Re: UCL Final: Man United(0) Vs Barcelona(2) On Wednesday 27th May by Omolola1(f): 2:30pm On May 28, 2009
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS! WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!!! OF THE WORLD,  cheesy

Wow, We messed them, 2-0. I think the reason Ronaldo was frustrated and playing a rough game after the 2-0 win is because he DISCOVERED or should i say KNOW that Messi is far, far, far, better than him.

UP BARCELONA! FOREVER BARCELONA!!
Re: UCL Final: Man United(0) Vs Barcelona(2) On Wednesday 27th May by kokonets(m): 2:32pm On May 28, 2009
e-Shegz:

Lovely Game Barca Had, Possesion was awesome, Passes were Fluid and Crispy, Movement  Was Plainly Written With Purpose, I am In Love With This Team, I tell You! Yet, Methink The Absence Of Fletcher Was A Big Minus For The Reds, lol

lol, MANU were destined to lose even if fletcher played lol
Re: UCL Final: Man United(0) Vs Barcelona(2) On Wednesday 27th May by IFELEKE(m): 2:43pm On May 28, 2009
I can't Shout!
Re: UCL Final: Man United(0) Vs Barcelona(2) On Wednesday 27th May by Grizzly(m): 2:44pm On May 28, 2009
Ibime well spoken.
Re: UCL Final: Man United(0) Vs Barcelona(2) On Wednesday 27th May by Nobody: 2:45pm On May 28, 2009
What da fu*k are guys hallaring about.

Ok, so barca won the champion league final. Is that the first time a club is winning champions league? wink
Manu has not lost a champion league match since 2007, Assners,chelsea, , are you listerning?
This season has been a harvest of trophies: world club cup,premiership and world footballer of the year. No be beans oh.
Its only a game. win some,lose some. After all, there is always another day. grin
Re: UCL Final: Man United(0) Vs Barcelona(2) On Wednesday 27th May by khanye(m): 2:58pm On May 28, 2009
Barca lost a Champions League game in this campaign.
United have not lost yet in the past 25 Champions League games.
We have the best attack and the best defence, the best goalkeeper. . . . . .

what happend to the record?
What happend to your best attack,defence and best goalkeeper (best goalkeeper indeed cheesy grin)

This victory will be too easy for United. . . . . .Watch Ronaldo and Rooney run circles around Silvinho and Carceres.

Hmmm. . . . Too easy, grin

United are a more balanced side than Barcelona.
Man Utd defence is better than Chelsea's(a team Barcelona managed to beat with the aid of a biased ref).
Moreover, they have better strikers who can finish Barca off on a counter-attack, something Chelsea failed to achieve at SB.

No wonder ronaldo scored a Cap-trick! tongue

It will be a comfortable victory for United.

Comfort what?
can u say this again?

Ronaldo has only started 5 games against Spanish sides.
Leo Messi(the great white hope) has started 10 UCL games against English sides with no goals.
Against Chelsea, he was not visible. Ashley Cole kept him in his socks.
Messi ko, Menses ni.

Menses ko, he's d Messiah
You said it all. he cant score with his head (he has done it!)
World best Player tongue
Did cr7 played the match

Ferguson has beaten Barcelona once in an European final, he will do it again.

That will be in the next 30yrs!

Barcelona don't have 100% record in the UCL as they suffered another defeat at Nou Camp.
United have not lost in the UCL for more than 2 YEARS. . . . . .United are better than Barcelona.
End of story.

Where is ur record?
United are better than Barcelona?
Stop kiding cheesy
Yesterday we separated the Men from the boyz

Scoring 104 league goals vindicate the fact that La Liga is very WEAK!!!

How come you cant defeat them?
Re: UCL Final: Man United(0) Vs Barcelona(2) On Wednesday 27th May by shilling(f): 3:08pm On May 28, 2009
That match was traumatizing, now have enough trauma to last me a lifetime, don't know what happened to us. Still proud to call myself a UTD fan tho,
Re: UCL Final: Man United(0) Vs Barcelona(2) On Wednesday 27th May by Mastiano(m): 4:24pm On May 28, 2009
It's a shame for a club like Manchester United. up CHELSEA.

Re: UCL Final: Man United(0) Vs Barcelona(2) On Wednesday 27th May by khanye(m): 4:25pm On May 28, 2009
NO vex nah . . . . . . .

Re: UCL Final: Man United(0) Vs Barcelona(2) On Wednesday 27th May by Olaolufred(m): 4:26pm On May 28, 2009
Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch.
I remember Chelsea fans in Lagos bought cow to celebrate their win at the final last year.
Alas, they could not kill it because their hopes were dashed.
Man U. thought this year is theirs, expect another shock.
I wish Man u. fans stop making mouth.
One legged Barca will still shock the 11 legged Devil.
Remember, Jesus has conquered the devils marsh am marsh am.

To all Man U. fan who said all manner of sharraps when they read my quote above.
I think they now eat back their sharraps.
Were you not shocked?
I am a Liverpool fan, but i know the truth. Thank God the truth has prevailed.
UUUUUUUUUUUUUP BARCA. The reigning King of Europe and the World of Football.

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP Messi. The World Footballer of the Year.
That small boy has dumped Mikel completely.
Re: UCL Final: Man United(0) Vs Barcelona(2) On Wednesday 27th May by 49cents(m): 4:32pm On May 28, 2009
I think c RONALDO ruined the game for man u as he was so eager to outshine messi, whom we know has more class. I am NOT  a barca fan, but i think c ronaldo's selfish interest put him under a pressure that would not only dis-connect him from his team but which eventually frustrate him more and more as barca got the goals not only via eto but a header from Messi.

Pride leads to fall. what happen to Chelsea happened to Man U with their unbeaten run of 14 games. Now it is as if Man u dont have a siverware this season.

Lastly i heard C ronaldo wants to leave Man u, i hope he listens to giggs mature advise: he cant stand his own outside old trafford.

Congrats BARCA, i love the beautiful art you make of football.
Re: UCL Final: Man United(0) Vs Barcelona(2) On Wednesday 27th May by Renz(m): 4:33pm On May 28, 2009
@ Shilling,

Thank u jo, no mind all this loosers wey decamp (flee their club overnight)  dey call dem selves Barca's out of frustration.
Re: UCL Final: Man United(0) Vs Barcelona(2) On Wednesday 27th May by Krayola(m): 4:34pm On May 28, 2009
khanye:

@ krayola

Na why u dey follow this chelski fans dey argue
we no be dem mate nah1 wink

ha ha, It just pisses me off that they are dissin Man U after parking the bus for 180 minutes and still getting dumped out. I never see losers wey get mouth like them before. At least Man U win trophy . . .  they carry billion dollar team go dey park bus, they lose finish come dey yap team wey better pass dem.
Re: UCL Final: Man United(0) Vs Barcelona(2) On Wednesday 27th May by Krayola(m): 4:38pm On May 28, 2009
49cents:

I think c RONALDO ruined the game for man u as he was so eager to outshine messi, whom we know has more class. I am NOT  a barca fan, but i think c ronaldo's selfish interest put him under a pressure that would not only dis-connect him from his team but which eventually frustrate him more and more as barca got the goals not only via eto but a header from Messi.

Pride leads to fall. what happen to Chelsea happened to Man U with their unbeaten run of 14 games. Now it is as if Man u dont have a siverware this season.

Lastly i heard C ronaldo wants to leave Man u, i hope he listens to giggs mature advise: he cant stand his own outside old trafford.

Congrats BARCA, i love the beautiful art you make of football.

I understand why u'll say that, but i'm not sure if I agree.

They caught us off guard because they pushed into our half en masse right after the kick-off. We were't expecting that and it took us a little bit to get our composure. As soon as we got a hold of the ball and put a few passes together, their threat was non-existent. Man U just wasn't up to it. Blaming Ronaldo is unfair. . . Some of those shots he took early on were pretty good and we all know he can score goals like that.
Re: UCL Final: Man United(0) Vs Barcelona(2) On Wednesday 27th May by mamaorga(f): 4:46pm On May 28, 2009
oh BOI MAN UNITED WERE LOST ON THE FIELD, OH LAWD WAT HAPPENED?
EVRA,ROONEY,RONALDO,TEVEZ,PARK,ANDERSON,FERDINAND,O'SHEA,BERBATOV,

HE HE HE HE HE HE HE HE
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

BARCA IS TOO MUCH

SEE ETO CONGRATULATING HIS BLACK SKIN AFTA THAT AWESOME GOAL

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Tottenham Hotspur Vs Real Madrid: UCL (3 - 1) On 1st November 2017 / Atletico Madrid Vs Barcelona : UCL (2 - 0) On 13th April 2016 / Real Madrid Vs Manchester City: UCL (1 - 2) On 26th February 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.