Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,528 members, 7,823,301 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year (77545 Views)

When Abuja Policemen See A Senator That Just Collected #WardrobeAllowance(Pic) / A Senator Earns N12m Yearly - RMAFC / A Nigerian Senator Earns More In Salary Than Barack Obama And David Cameron (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year by Bawss1(m): 2:36pm On May 25, 2009
Becomrich has too much time in his hands, how else do you explain all that rambling?

Sagamite's points seem reasonable though.
Re: What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year by blacksta(m): 2:40pm On May 25, 2009
Bawss1:

Becomrich has too much time in his hands, how else do you explain all that rambling?

Sagamite's points seem reasonable though.

I would say reasonable in a right environment an where enviroment where poverty is low, free and fair elections can be conducted and where a political position is not the only access to wealth.
Re: What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year by Hisname: 3:11pm On May 25, 2009
No, a true election is not possible in Nigeria. we all know that. tribalism is the reason why people vote and rig election.
Re: What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year by Mmuo(m): 3:46pm On May 25, 2009
Why should the Civil Servants no demand 52,000Naira - minimum wage, when those who do virtually nothing are taking such a huge sum of money home.
I pray the Lord to delover this conglomerate called a nation.
Re: What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year by blacksta(m): 3:48pm On May 25, 2009
Mmuo:

Why should the Civil Servants no demand 52,000Naira - minimum wage, when those who do virtually nothing are taking such a huge sum of money home.

lol - oil business or shipping which one
Re: What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year by Builder: 4:04pm On May 25, 2009
Seriously speaking i wont mind them getting paid more if they are doing what they are meant todo, i mean, how would nation have ministry of works and housing and there is no running water, pothole roads, no trafic light , no street light, no housing. nothing . That country is defintely dooomed!!!
Re: What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year by Sagamite(m): 4:13pm On May 25, 2009
Mmuo:

Couldn't agree more.
Re: What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year by kshow1(m): 5:02pm On May 25, 2009
i now understand why brothers are on each others neck to become a senator in nigeria.
Re: What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year by Pennywise(m): 5:07pm On May 25, 2009
We have become a textbook case of kleptocracy. The argument that these official loots will discourage graft doesnt wash. It hasnt done so thus far and there are no indications that their thieving tendency will abate in future. Unfortunately the press has become willing collaborators in remaining silent over this matter.

Solution: Intelligent, assertive, bold, visionary leader from the very top. All features that have eluded Nigerian leaders since independence.
Re: What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year by CyberG: 5:16pm On May 25, 2009
Now, considering all those HUGE figures (yet with a lot of underground stealing) are OIL MONEY from the Niger Delta, how appalling it must be for the marginalized and poor people of that area and most parts of Nigeria who work so hard to make less than $2 dollars a day or try so hard to get a job but cannot or try so hard to start and run a business but that also fails!

You would think for all the money mentioned here, the subjects are engaged in so much high level, intellectual process that adds value to a raw material or process by production, hence they earn so much but sadly, that is not even remotely the case! Nigeria needs such a radical revolution otherwise, DOOM is so unavoidable!
Re: What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year by kshow1(m): 5:23pm On May 25, 2009
Mmuo:

This is really not fair, if politians can be taking home that much why is the govt. treating civil servants like this.

NIGERIA WE HAIL THEE
Re: What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year by mbulela: 5:24pm On May 25, 2009
there are too many posts on this thread.hence, i am unable to go through all of them.
i hope i am not duplicating this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWYoTJr9uME&feature=channel
Re: What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year by Sagamite(m): 5:50pm On May 25, 2009
CyberG:

Now, considering all those HUGE figures (yet with a lot of underground stealing) are OIL MONEY from the Niger Delta, how appalling it must be for the marginalized and poor people of that area and most parts of Nigeria who work so hard to make less than $2 dollars a day or try so hard to get a job but cannot or try so hard to start and run a business but that also fails!

You would think for all the money mentioned here, the subjects are engaged in so much high level, intellectual process that adds value to a raw material or process by production, hence they earn so much but sadly, that is not even remotely the case! Nigeria needs such a radical revolution otherwise, DOOM is so unavoidable!

On the motherfffing point.
Re: What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year by bawomolo(m): 5:56pm On May 25, 2009
the funny thing is that people are asking for more states. More states mean more senators to waste money on.

What about pot belly maintenance allowance grin
Re: What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year by A40(m): 6:01pm On May 25, 2009
bawomolo:

the funny thing is that people are asking for more states. More states mean more senators to waste money on.

What about pot belly maintenance allowance grin
Roflmao. . You need bed-rest
Re: What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year by biina: 6:11pm On May 25, 2009
Sagamite's argument seems circular. My understanding of his argument is that we should let the politicians take more money so that they will stop taking more money undecided
Re: What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year by Becomrich: 6:15pm On May 25, 2009
black I have been ask to come and run for office. But I would want to see what happen to this bill. I do not think i can lose in Nigeria expect by rigging me out. I am covered politically. If it is people vote. I know I would win. I know everybody in redeemed church would vote for me. I know everybody in deeper life would vote for me. I know everybody in CAC would vote for me. The president of CAC worldwide Pastor Oluseye  , i have something planted in his house. my school mate. so every CAC church in Nigeria would be open. Even cele church, the founder son is a good friend friend of mine.  And the sec general of one of the power muslim body is my schoolmate.

So It is only rigging that can make me lose. I am not seeking self desire, but a society free of war. 15,000,000 life is too much to be killed. Congo is a reminder.

This bill make us a bilingual nation of french and english. Even you can see the french prime minister visit to nigeria 2 days ago. It should tell you everybody would be open to the idea. Even france.
Re: What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year by Sagamite(m): 6:39pm On May 25, 2009
biina:

Sagamite's argument seems circular. My understanding of his argument is that we should let the politicians take more money so that they will stop taking more money undecided

Where? When did you read that?

Please break it down for me.
Re: What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year by Sagamite(m): 6:45pm On May 25, 2009
Becomrich:

black[b] I have been ask to come [/b] and run for office. But I would want[b] to see what happen to this bill[/b]. I do not think i can loss in Nigeria expect by rigging me out. I am covered politically. If it is people vote. I know I would win. I know everybody in redeemed church would vote for me. I know everybody in deeper life would vote for me. I know everybody in CAC would vote for me. The president of CAC worldwide Pastor Oluseye  , i have something planted in his house. my school mate. so every CAC church in Nigeria would be open. Even cele church, the founder son is a good friend friend of mine.  And the sec general of one of the power muslim body is my schoolmate.

So It is only rigging that can make me loss. I am not seeking self desire, but a society free of war. 15,000,000 life is too much to be killed. Congo is a reminder.

This bill make us a bilingual nation of french and english. Even you can see the french prime minister[b] visit to nigeria 2 days ago[/b]. It should tell you everybody would be open to the idea. Even france. 

Mate, there is no way you will loss(sic).

Your English seems typical of the calibre of people we have in our Senate and House of Rep.
Re: What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year by lawyer(m): 6:46pm On May 25, 2009
Abeg what is hardship allowance? I am confused? Do the senators experience any form of hardship or what compared to the common man?
Re: What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year by Elgaxton(m): 6:51pm On May 25, 2009
Until any leader in Nigeria will develop the kinda

Mind Jerry Rawlings of Ghana had during his time

as a leader then we can get out of the problem
Re: What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year by Becomrich: 7:01pm On May 25, 2009
Sagamite is it not obvious to you, that i am written street english, what an average nigerian would understand. i include broken too.
Re: What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year by Sagamite(m): 7:02pm On May 25, 2009
Further clarification:

The Vehicle Allowance at 400% is actually not an allowance, it is a loan repayable over 8 years.

I am not too worried about the allowances and the salaries. What really worries me is the unknowns like this that make these people want to go abroad to take a poo:

"Overseas trips for the Senate president and the Speaker of the House of Representatives will fetch them $1,300 and $1,000 per night respectively. The deputy Senate president and the deputy speaker will get $790 and $750 per night respectively, while all other senators are entitled to $600 and members of the House of Representatives, $550.

But if the trip is within the country, the Senate President will collect N37, 000 per night while the Speaker will get N35, 000 per day.
"

Milking it.
Re: What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year by Sagamite(m): 7:04pm On May 25, 2009
Becomrich:

Sagamite is it not obvious to you, that i am written street english, what an average nigerian would understand. i include broken too.

You are written(sic) street english?

I see. undecided

The more you bazooka, the more your lack of education underlines your thinking level.
Re: What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year by MaiSuya(m): 7:11pm On May 25, 2009
lawyer:

Abeg what is hardship allowance? I am confused? Do the senators experience any form of hardship or what compared to the common man?

They most certainly do! Do you think its easy to legislate in fully air-conditioned rooms, reside in expansive mansions; ride in expensive cars with their retinues of bodyguards and sycophants in company; weather the constant barrage of criticism from NLdrs etc?

Abeg give them their due o make catakata no burst!

Becomrich:

Greatest becomrich! NL would certainly be too dry without you . . . grin grin
Re: What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year by honeric01(m): 7:14pm On May 25, 2009
poor country

rich officials

irony
Re: What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year by Becomrich: 7:15pm On May 25, 2009
My friend one of the reason Nigerian elite rig election is because they can not relate with the common. If you cant speak pigin, you cant win election in Nigeria.

The man that want to vote for you most relate with you.  What percentage speak pigin in Nigeria. 90%. I need vote. I don’t care about the 10% like you. If na pigin English would get me there. My brother, na him I go speak.

Noone vote for man with big English in Nigeria. That why the elite in Nigeria rig election, they cant relate. If you get to an igbo man. If  I sit him down finish, omara what I am saying. Mu bu oye Yoruba, afam bu musiwa. And do you think he would not vote for me. I am speaking what he understand.

If I meet a hausaman man, walahi, I will quickly tell him ba turase, a ko hausa, my suna ka is musiwa.  Obama speak street English. That why he won. Remember he greeted his wife the street way and American Elite did not get it. That how average American greet themselves.

My brother I can speak Nigeria street English. Sho. This is the way to win.
Re: What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year by Sagamite(m): 7:21pm On May 25, 2009
Becomrich:

My friend one of the reason Nigerian elite rig election is because they can not relate with the common. If you cant speak pigin, you cant win election in Nigeria.

The man that want to vote for you most relate with you. What percentage speak pigin in Nigeria. 90%. I need vote. I don’t care about the 10% like you. If na pigin English would get me there. My brother, na him I go speak.

Noone vote for man with big English in Nigeria. That why the elite in Nigeria rig election, they cant relate. If you get to an igbo man. If I sit him down finish, omara what I am saying. Mu bu oye Yoruba, afam bu musiwa. And do you think he would not vote for me. I am speaking what he understand.

If I meet an hausaman man, walahi, I will quickly tell him ba turase, a ko hausa, my suna ka is musiwa. Obama speak street English. That why he won. Remember he greeted his wife the street way and American Elite did not get it. That how average American greet themselves.

My brother I can speak Nigeria street English. Sho. This is the way to win.

Fuuuuuuck me!

I need a bulletproof jacket.
Re: What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year by Becomrich: 7:29pm On May 25, 2009
I think you are not a serious person. I have other things to do.

Obama speak street English. That why he won
?? did you go to schoolSagamite

That why
i would believe you live in nigeria. My brother you be bushman O. is it your first time on the internet. Go to school and learn how to speak english. do you think anyone has the time to put comma etc online . Sagamite you are really uneducated. I dont have time. have a wonderful. my advice go to school and stop looking for mugu online. 419 no pay.
Re: What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year by ebogentle(m): 8:11pm On May 25, 2009
@Becomrich
I think you should kindly take sometime to preview your posts before submitting them.
Nairaland provides spell-check and you have the opportunity to preview your post before finally clicking submit.
I really have a hard time understanding you.
Except, of course, if you wish the posts to be regarded as entertainment. I will certainly oblige you.
Regards.
Re: What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year by utotomi4(m): 8:22pm On May 25, 2009
I can only confirm the Basic Salary. My friends father is a senator and he wanted to boast one day and so brought the Basic Allowance form to school. And yes it was about 2 million naira a month without the allowances. (And this is the legal money they are earning. What of the illegal money!! grin grin)
Re: What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year by Becomrich: 8:29pm On May 25, 2009
what spelling check are you talking about

look at what i said.     
Obama speak street English. That why he won

what did i spell wrong. Is it the name Obama or word english or the word won.

Or is there another way of spelling Obama or english or won.

The Sagamite  did not go to school. Like i said 419 does not pay.

what you people do not know is that this software been used by nairaland has a program to twist or manipulate the word you write. And that is what you people think you spell wrong.

Seun have refused to turn off the program. Look he can make you look stupid. In the program. if you spell word, seun would make it look like a mistake. that way you redo it again. Which increase the time you come back to his website to correct your so called mistake. And its increase his hits and increase his google revenue. I hope you know seun is making money from this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Picture Of Tambuwal Driving Himself To Work / Tinubu Sleeps Off At Gombe Emir’s Palace During Meeting (Photos, Video) / Between Rochas Okorocha And A Female Police Officer In Owerri. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.