Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,521 members, 7,823,244 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year (77544 Views)

When Abuja Policemen See A Senator That Just Collected #WardrobeAllowance(Pic) / A Senator Earns N12m Yearly - RMAFC / A Nigerian Senator Earns More In Salary Than Barack Obama And David Cameron (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year by init4dmoni(m): 12:47am On May 29, 2009
it's hopeless for this country if dats wat people r earning and we're still in this states
calling this sentors blood fools should be seen as a compliment cos that's too good for dem
Re: What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year by Theblessed(f): 8:47pm On May 30, 2009
Do you mean that, Nigerian Senators are earning N29,479,749.00m equivalent to £15,00000.00m (Pounds Sterling) per year and Nigerians are suffering in order to make ends meet, eh?

Disgusting and sick!  No, Western President or Prime Minister earn 1/300th of this amount I am reading on here and if they do, you better know it, we work their ARSE off here - they must give us VALUE for MONEY and that's why we send them to Parliament or Senate etc to represent us.   Nigerian politicians do nothing - they are not put under any kind of pressures by the public. In fact, they have far too much easy ride in Nigeria - no wonder the CHAOS we have, as everyone tries to grab any kind of political opportunities they can lay their hands on, SHAME, SHAME and SHAME AGAIN!!!!!  Everyone is dreaming of a political FREE CAKE in Nigeria, what a hopeless place!

But, what are the so called NIGERIAN MACHO MEN doing to stop this MADNESS, called GREED THAT ARE SPIRALLING AND DISTROYING our political system, like a wild horicane? Instead, at the mere mention of WOMEN ISSUES AND WOMEN RIGHTS, they'd jump out of their prams in arms, to quash it.  NOW, quash this, weak 'BALLS'!!!!!!!!  Don't you know what to do?  Hit them where it hurts as Nigerians up and down the country are Hurting as a result of their GREED.  HIT THEM AT THEIR FUTURE - THEIR CHILDREN, GRAND CHILDREN, RELATIVES AND BUSINESS VENTURES that would teach them lessons.  When they'd realised they'd no more future,  they'd give us back our money or ASHAMEDLY GIVE IT AWAY TO CHARITY, assuming they have conscience obviously, they don't.

Hey Nigerian men, wakey, wakey if you still consider yourselves men after reading this my commentary, marinad in anger over abuses we Nigerians suffer in the hands of these THIEVES and their families. You either, DO SOMETHING ELSE, SHUT UP YOUR BIG, BIG MOUTHS WHEN IT COMES TO WOMEN ISSUES and WOMEN'S RIGHTS, ok!
Re: What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year by blacksta(m): 8:59pm On May 30, 2009
Theblessed:

Do you mean that, Nigerian Senators are earning N29,479,749.00m equivalent to £15,00000.00m (Pounds Sterling) per year and Nigerians are suffering in order to make ends meet, eh?

Disgusting and sick!  No, Western President or Prime Minister earn 1/300th of this amount I am reading on here and if they do, you better know it, we work their ARSE off here - they must give us VALUE for MONEY and that's why we send them to Parliament or Senate etc to represent us.   Nigerian politicians do nothing - they are not put under any kind of pressures by the public. In fact, they have far too much easy ride in Nigeria - no wonder the CHAOS we have, as everyone tries to grab any kind of political opportunities they can lay their hands on, SHAME, SHAME and SHAME AGAIN!!!!!  Everyone is dreaming of a political FREE CAKE in Nigeria, what a hopeless place!

But, what are the so called NIGERIAN MACHO MEN doing to stop this MADNESS, called GREED THAT ARE SPIRALLING AND DISTROYING our political system, like a wild horicane? Instead, at the mere mention of WOMEN ISSUES AND WOMEN RIGHTS, they'd jump out of their prams in arms, to quash it.  NOW, quash this, weak 'BALLS'!!!!!!!!  Don't you know what to do?  Hit them where it hurts as Nigerians up and down the country are Hurting as a result of their GREED.  HIT THEM AT THEIR FUTURE - THEIR CHILDREN, GRAND CHILDREN, RELATIVES AND BUSINESS VENTURES that would teach them lessons.  When they'd gone, they'd give us back our money or ASHAMEDLY GIVE IT AWAY TO CHARITY, assuming they have conscience obviously, they don't.

Hey Nigerian men, wakey, wakey if you still consider yourselves men after reading this my commentary, marinad in anger over abuses we Nigerians suffer in the hands of these people.  You either, DO SOMETHING ELSE, SHUT UP YOUR BIG, BIG MOUTHS WHEN IT COMES TO WOMEN ISSUES and WOMEN'S RIGHTS, ok!

Sorry N30,000 000 is not £15 Million but £120,000
Re: What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year by Theblessed(f): 9:10pm On May 30, 2009
blacksta:

Sorry N30,000 000 is not £15 Million  but £120,000

Even so, still no mercy for them.  Its still too much to earn in terms of Nigerian economic growth - her GDP They should not earn as much as the Western Politicians in relation to the above because, our economy is incomparable to theirs. In times of depression such as this, they have the ability to turn things round and balance the book but we do not so, why emulate/compete?

I'm furious here!
Re: What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year by blacksta(m): 9:27pm On May 30, 2009
Theblessed:

Even so, still no mercy for them.  Its still too much to earn in terms of Nigerian economic growth - her GDP They should not earn as much as the Western Politicians in relation to the above because, our economy is incomparable to theirs. In times of depression such as this, they have the ability to turn things round and balance the book but we do not so, why emulate/compete?

I'm furious here!

I feel your pain - for people who only work 3 times a week -
Re: What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year by biina: 10:03pm On May 30, 2009
blacksta:

I feel your pain - for people who only work show up 3 times a week  -
typo corrected  grin
Re: What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year by Sagamite(m): 10:57am On May 31, 2009
I repeat, Nigerian senators do not earn (legally) more than £70K a year, and a vast majority of these are allowances that are neccessary/typical and would have cost the nation more (if not about 4 times more) if it was not monetised. We are seeing evidence of such crime even in the western hemisphere ala UK, so imagine how it would have panned out in Nigeria if we did not monetise it and hence increased the transparency.

Please stop gozumping everything you read without challenging it or analysing it because it petters to the anger you are seeking. Then you will go ahead and distribute the news to your friends (obviously as facts) and then they will further propagate it as "facts" from a "reliable source".
Re: What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year by Nobody: 9:08pm On May 31, 2009
my two cents, a public office holder should under no circumstances expect to earn as much as top executives of other companies, especially since the bank Md's & Co. were not rigged into office but rather earned their positions via competence. Moreover, they really have to work hard for their pay and not turn up to mark attendance three times a week, but then, its NAIJA, grin I really think its about time that governance in nigeria became performance based
Re: What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year by biina: 9:37pm On May 31, 2009
Sagamite:

I repeat, Nigerian senators do not earn (legally) more than £70K a year, and a vast majority of these are allowances that are neccessary/typical and would have cost the nation more (if not about 4 times more) if it was not monetised. We are seeing evidence of such crime even in the western hemisphere ala UK, so imagine how it would have panned out in Nigeria if we did not monetise it and hence increased the transparency.

Please stop gozumping everything you read without challenging it or analysing it because it petters to the anger you are seeking. Then you will go ahead and distribute the news to your friends (obviously as facts) and then they will further propagate it as "facts" from a "reliable source".
I think you have your priorities misplaced.
Re: What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year by Sagamite(m): 12:37pm On Jun 01, 2009
How? I don't get it, please explain.
Re: What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year by biina: 6:35pm On Jun 01, 2009
Sagamite:

How? I don't get it, please explain.
what is the possible harm in over estimating the amount being paid to the senators?
Re: What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year by Gaminechic: 7:17pm On Jun 01, 2009
When someone spends 100 million to secure seat, you wan make am carry mai mai go home
Re: What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year by Sagamite(m): 8:45pm On Jun 01, 2009
biina:

what is the possible harm in over estimating the amount being paid to the senators?

Still don't get you.
Re: What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year by nich(m): 6:10pm On Jun 02, 2009
lipsrsealed  lipsrsealed  lipsrsealed  lipsrsealed  lipsrsealed  lipsrsealed  lipsrsealed  lipsrsealed  lipsrsealed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year by biina: 6:21pm On Jun 02, 2009
Sagamite:

Still don't get you.
You expressed concern over the fact that the stated income might have been exaggerated. I see the exaggeration resulting in angering the people, as they feel the senators are getting paid and not doing their work, which would in turn likely lead to the people demanding more from those in office, and seeking means of ridding the system of those that fail to perform.
My question then is what is the downside to the exaggeration?
Re: What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year by larez(m): 10:31pm On Jun 02, 2009
;d
Re: What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year by Sagamite(m): 11:53pm On Jun 02, 2009
biina:

You expressed concern over the fact that the stated income might have been exaggerated. I see the exaggeration resulting in angering the people, as they feel the senators are getting paid and not doing their work, which would in turn likely lead to the people demanding more from those in office, and seeking means of ridding the system of those that fail to perform.
My question then is what is the downside to the exaggeration?

I think people are more pissed off about the amount rather than the performance delivered for the amount. I am in full support of the latter but promoting a bit more rationality about the former based on my own assessment of the relative cost of similar functions worldwide and requirements of the role.

I was enraged last year when I first read about the pay, to the point I put it on a thread on NL:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=159551.msg2685182#msg2685182

But when I decided to put emotions aside and do some research, it appeared not so bad.

The exaggeration is not very significant to me, it is the performance that enrages me and the fact that a large proportion of them can't even read and write that pisses me off.
Re: What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year by biina: 2:27am On Jun 03, 2009
Sagamite:

I think people are more pissed off about the amount rather than the performance delivered for the amount. I am in full support of the latter but promoting a bit more rationality about the former based on my own assessment of the relative cost of similar functions worldwide and requirements of the role.

I was enraged last year when I first read about the pay, to the point I put it on a thread on NL:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=159551.msg2685182#msg2685182

But when I decided to put emotions aside and do some research, it appeared not so bad.

The exaggeration is not very significant to me, it is the performance that enrages me and the fact that a large proportion of them can't even read and write that pisses me off.
Then you should show more concern for the people not getting value for their money, and not spending time trying to correct the exaggeration. Whichever value is put forward, the people are being ripped off.
Re: What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year by solokay(m): 5:25am On Mar 29, 2010
Are Nigerian just plain stupid?
Re: What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year by Gbenge77(m): 12:42pm On Jan 24, 2013
I can bet they earn much more now
Re: What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jan 24, 2013
Democracy Nigeria style is too expensive. .slash the salaries and allowances of these lawmakers. ...and then redraw constituencies. ..there are too many of them esp the senators. .it should be 2 senators per state...
Re: What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year by scoptorico(m): 6:17pm On Aug 19, 2013
;DHmmmmmmmn...gotta get into d game as soon as I'm done wit school. There's too much moni to b made!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Picture Of Tambuwal Driving Himself To Work / Tinubu Sleeps Off At Gombe Emir’s Palace During Meeting (Photos, Video) / Between Rochas Okorocha And A Female Police Officer In Owerri. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.