Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,755 members, 7,831,435 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

Catholic Church Said Jesus Promised To Return After Taking Too Much Wine. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic Church Said Jesus Promised To Return After Taking Too Much Wine. (584 Views)

Bible Said Jesus Will Go To HELL / Bible Said Jesus Prayed Like Muslims ( 5 Daily Prayer (salat) / Man Who Donated His Hotel Building To Catholic Church, Turns Keke Napep Driver (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Catholic Church Said Jesus Promised To Return After Taking Too Much Wine. by Nobody: 8:49am On Nov 25, 2015
CATHOLIC Church leaders have debunked the popular myth accepted by many Christians that Jesus Christ plans to make a return trip to earth stating that Jesus probably made the promise after he had too much wine to drink.
This year, the Christian faith celebrates the 1,981st anniversary of Jesus' expected return to earth and the Catholic Church has stated that it will be last time it observes the event. Vatican spokesman Cardinal Giorgio Salvadore, said the church believes that the second coming of Jesus, may not happen now after all, but urged followers to still continue with their faith, regardless of the news.
Cardinal Salvadore added: “We just feel Jesus is not coming back by the looks of it. It’s been ages like and he’s probably flat out doing other really good things for people somewhere else.”
Nearly two thousand years ago, Jesus promised his disciples that he would come again in chapter John 14:1-3 of the bible. However, The Vatican defended Jesus’ broken promise, claiming he was probably drinking wine at the time when he made the comments.
Jesus said at the time: “There are many homes up where my Father lives and I am going to prepare them for your coming. When everything is ready, then I will come and get you, so that you can always be with Me where I am. If this weren’t so, I would tell you plainly.”
However, Cardinal Salvadore said that having the ability to turn water into wine had its ups and its downs. He added that the church said it will now focus its attention on rebuilding its reputation around the world but will keep an optimistic mind regarding the saviour’s second coming.
"We all make promises we can’t keep when we’re drunk. Jesus was no different,” Cardinal Salvadore added.

http://www.nigerianwatch.com/news/8257-catholic-church-says-jesus-only-promised-to-return-after-having-too-much-wine-to-drink
Re: Catholic Church Said Jesus Promised To Return After Taking Too Much Wine. by Danfuster(m): 8:51am On Nov 25, 2015
Jesus! shocked this one na END TIME BLASPHEMY

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Said Jesus Promised To Return After Taking Too Much Wine. by boboLIL(m): 8:52am On Nov 25, 2015
Mumu kid
Re: Catholic Church Said Jesus Promised To Return After Taking Too Much Wine. by Zaikon(m): 9:14am On Nov 25, 2015
toh lets see comments
Re: Catholic Church Said Jesus Promised To Return After Taking Too Much Wine. by gozmok1(m): 9:26am On Nov 25, 2015
That cuchi no be kushi
Re: Catholic Church Said Jesus Promised To Return After Taking Too Much Wine. by Ubenedictus(m): 11:59am On Nov 25, 2015
From the link.

# tony 2015-11-24 16:17
This news is fake. It was first carried by a satirical newspaper called "waterford whisper news
WWN" a month ago. But I guess that malice, greed for online traffic and our poor educational system has robbed most Nigerian bloggers and their deluded readers to understand the meaning of "satire" thus their rush to copy and paste same news all over the internet.
Re: Catholic Church Said Jesus Promised To Return After Taking Too Much Wine. by Nobody: 12:21pm On Nov 25, 2015
BlastFemi (or whatever the OP's name is angry )

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Bomb Found Inside A Catholic Church In Kenya / Satan Has No Power Over Us / And You Still Say Jesus Is Not The Father???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.