Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,864 members, 7,821,012 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:48 AM

Construction Of A 3bedroom Bungalow Somewhere In Ajah - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Construction Of A 3bedroom Bungalow Somewhere In Ajah (17821 Views)

Construction Of 6self-contain Hostel Frm Start To Finish With Cost Saving Advice / 90% Completed 3bedroom Bungalow For Sale (pics) / Construction Of My 3bedroom Flat All Ensuite (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Construction Of A 3bedroom Bungalow Somewhere In Ajah by back2sender: 7:38pm On Jan 27, 2016
Am disappointed in follow nlders. Why are you all playing smart with words, say it to Johnny as it is... He is not capable but a fraud
Re: Construction Of A 3bedroom Bungalow Somewhere In Ajah by back2sender: 7:43pm On Jan 27, 2016
mavverick:
Hi

I have had a similar situation with brabus. Oga a beg take it easy and don't let your BP go high. Remember a good health is more important than all these property stuff.

Have you got a reputable engineer to ascertain what needs to be done and what percentage of that has been done and what is left ?

You also want to thoroughly check the integrity of what has been done.
Oga mave
mavverick:
Hi
I have had a similar situation with brabus. Oga a beg take it easy and don't let your BP go high. Remember a good health is more important than all these property stuff.
Have you got a reputable engineer to ascertain what needs to be done and what percentage of that has been done and what is left ?
You also want to thoroughly check the integrity of what has been done.
oga maverick, God bless you real good for your comments. Truth is bitter alot of them parading themselves as engineers on nairaland are fraudster. After the ondo brouhaha between 2 tieves Johnny & hsl am surprised mr pally carry work go give Johnny.
Re: Construction Of A 3bedroom Bungalow Somewhere In Ajah by mufutau55(m): 7:47pm On Jan 27, 2016
Mr. Eghosa Johnny. You said you were at the site today with your workers? Which workers?
I just called the following people today (Jan. 27th, 2016) their information were given to me by Mr. Pally to do an independent investigations.
You are owing everyone of them money.. and you were not at any site... because I asked them.

What kind of Engineer is missing on the day the foundation is being set?
What kind of Engineer is missing from his site for more than two weeks?
What kind of Engineer forces his Bricklayer to start plastering the house without the house being roofed? (I spoke to him)?
What kind of Engineer do a POP on ceiling when the house has not even been roofed? But of course the POP guy refused (I spoke to him).

If you are a real Engineer why did you hire another Engineer that waited for you at the site for about two weeks without you showing-up and eventually that Engineer angrily left the site; and you are owing him too.

I spoke to following people (I am omitting their names)
Bricklayer - (You are still owing him money for his work)
Carpenter - (You are still owing him money for his work)
Block Seller - (You are still owing him money for his work)
Parapet guy - (You are still owing him money for his work)
Cement seller - (You are still owing him money for his work)
Engineer you brought to the site - (You are still owing him money for his work)
POP Guy and his Boss - (You are still owing him money for his work)

There is no worker on that site that says anything good or tangible about you.
You live at Benin and get a contract for jobs in Lagos, and you don't even visit this site.
People on this forum should think twice before they give you any contract.

I believe in being given a second chance, but when you missed that opportunity, there will never be a third chance.

Hajji M.

10 Likes

Re: Construction Of A 3bedroom Bungalow Somewhere In Ajah by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jan 27, 2016
Maybe KolaShangOne to the rescue? Again.

Wasn't there a pillar missing at the Ondo fiasco too?

I'm going to be more appreciative of my builder from now on and I'm going to send him a smartphone that he's been asking for.

#ImSoGratefulForMyBuilder

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Construction Of A 3bedroom Bungalow Somewhere In Ajah by mufutau55(m): 8:00pm On Jan 27, 2016
EgunMogaji:

My brother, I have been involved since the inception of this house.. and I am very, very disappointed.
When the last occurrences happened I sent email on Whatsapp on Jan. 3rd to Eghosa to come and clear himself of the allegations that MrPally laid against him, the email was read immediately as per Whatsapp.
Do you know Eghosa just reply yesterday Jan. 26th with some excuses of reporting MrPally to me...
Unfortunately, I am done with Eghosa Johhny.

Hajji M.

3 Likes

Re: Construction Of A 3bedroom Bungalow Somewhere In Ajah by eghosajohnny: 8:14pm On Jan 27, 2016
mrpally:
The delivery date was 20th of this month because I told you my house rent has expired before engaging. Based on that I was pushing funds to you. Tell this house the balance of your money left with me.

I told you to bring the materials I have paid for, I would pay for the transportation of other materials if that is the problem.

You claimed your boys are on site, are they your boys?, do you have a team? You have used two different group of capinter, two different groups of parapet guys, three different groups of plumber.

Tell the house whan last you visited the site or called me. You use the bricklayer as site enginer, there is no day I get to site I would have something to correct. It was when I started this roof that the capinter noticed a piller was missing, we have to start breaking again and removing parapet.

Tell the house how many times you broke walls, tell the house if the space you provided for mathroom can take a bath barth.

If you provoke me further I would release numbers of all those you are owing and the people you have maltreated for member to carry out their investigation.

I would even given member the number of your guarantor.

I scheduled a meeting with you you said you won't be around till Friday, is that how to treat your client. The painter guy was very ill, I had to give him money for drugs. You brought a painter to paint a house that is not rooffed or platered.

Members should know all I have said is just 10% of what he did

The pics of the house as at the time I took over this monday are as follows

Sir why all this lies just to claim defence you said I should follow your plan and I did but when we found it won't match the bath tub I had to tell them to remove the blocks and widen the toilet you call that breaking wall I told the extra cost bringing material to your site is taking from and that added to the consumption of funds did I ask of any extra money did I not use my money to push the work as at this year from the 8th of Jan you have being using this nairaland as a form of black mail on me making use my money just to satisfy me on sunday the carpenter used wood and it wasn't enough you getting to site started taking their numbers and account numbers unknowing to me and I told you I will be traveling the last day we met plastering of wall again becos I'm not there that's a fault and I even told you,window that is balancing 75k out of 295k you've only given 90k I paid the rest,the wood I brought to site you don't know how much is left pls bring numbers of people I'm owing sir I think you need to do that now I have done other people job none of this happened pls bring there number,if they crack wall what has that got to do,you called on sunday afternoon I was asleep and when you got to site the same day you started collecting number even when you try and do the same to the pop men did they agree is that not the reason you refuse to pay them and you call the roof man did he agree to give you number.

My balance with you is 1.4m you've only paid about 90k from it without me knowing and you said you took over the job if you say so well its ok cos I took the job to finish it and deliver I don't think I will say much but note I didn't take your money oga I'm still working except you decide the rest
Re: Construction Of A 3bedroom Bungalow Somewhere In Ajah by back2sender: 8:16pm On Jan 27, 2016
mufutau55:

My brother, I have been involved since the inception of this house.. and I am very, very disappointed.
When the last occurrences happened I sent email on Whatsapp on Jan. 3rd to Eghosa to come and clear himself of the allegations that MrPally laid against him, the email was read immediately as per Whatsapp.
Do you know Eghosa just reply yesterday Jan. 26th with some excuses of reporting MrPally to me...

Hajji M.
Hajji you and Big Eguns , i see you both as my mentor on this platform and a ways look out for your post. Please someone like J is not a person you will give a second chance, i took my time to go through the ondo fiasco work for word

1 Like

Re: Construction Of A 3bedroom Bungalow Somewhere In Ajah by back2sender: 8:21pm On Jan 27, 2016
eghosajohnny:

Sir why all this lies just to claim defence you said I should follow your plan and I did but when we found it won't match the bath tub I had to tell them to remove the blocks and widen the toilet you call that breaking wall I told the extra cost bringing material to your site is taking from and that added to the consumption of funds did I ask of any extra money did I not use my money to push the work as at this year from the 8th of Jan you have being using this nairaland as a form of black mail on me making use my money just to satisfy me on sunday the carpenter used wood and it wasn't enough you getting to site started taking their numbers and account numbers unknowing to me and I told you I will be traveling the last day we met plastering of wall again becos I'm not there that's a fault and I even told you,window that is balancing 75k out of 295k you've only given 90k I paid the rest,the wood I brought to site you don't know how much is left pls bring numbers of people I'm owing sir I think you need to do that now I have done other people job none of this happened pls bring there number,if they crack wall what has that got to do,you called on sunday afternoon I was asleep and when you got to site the same day you started collecting number even when you try and do the same to the pop men did they agree is that not the reason you refuse to pay them and you call the roof man did he agree to give you number.

My balance with you is 1.4m you've only paid about 90k from it without me knowing and you said you took over the job if you say so well its ok cos I took the job to finish it and deliver I don't think I will say much but note I didn't take your money oga I'm still working except you decide the rest
You are number 1on nairaland property hall of shame. So you even have the audacity to say mr pally is owing you!!!! As a novice in building-elegant how can you pastor a building that has not been roofed?? In this naija Shame on you. That name mr pally look like sey na owan person

2 Likes

Re: Construction Of A 3bedroom Bungalow Somewhere In Ajah by eghosajohnny: 8:23pm On Jan 27, 2016
mufutau55:

Hajji M.

Sir I went to make amends with him and move on so that when you see the progress you will know what I've done ididnt know all this will come up I did all my best by plastering the fence just to be a bit fast and after all come straight and open it on the success,sir at this point I have done nothing wrong and every thing as its suppose to be isgoing on the difference here is door and pop and he's not saying I have not been paid for the plastering and plumbing work,sir it's not like that at all

Mr pally has been threatening on nl since day one and I didn't do anything before he started taking number s from workers
Re: Construction Of A 3bedroom Bungalow Somewhere In Ajah by 4nobody4every1: 8:25pm On Jan 27, 2016
This is so sad and pathetic. @ eghosajohnny if l will go by what mufutau55 posted, l am highly disappointed with you, l am not satisfied with your explanations, they are doggy and full of porkies, how can you collect money and yet fail to deliver?..this is why all my properties in Nigeria, l always make sure l am there physically to supervise things for myself to avoid all this brouhaha, some of you who are tokunbo bricklayers will be masquerading as engineers, l shake my head for some of una, l am pissed off with you, looking at the building, l am not satisfied that you know your onions, you come off to me as a bricklayer who knows nada about construction.. angry angry

4 Likes

Re: Construction Of A 3bedroom Bungalow Somewhere In Ajah by eghosajohnny: 8:26pm On Jan 27, 2016
back2sender:

You are number 1on nairaland property hall of shame. So you even have the audacity to say mr pally is owing you!!!! As a novice in building-elegant how can you pastor a building that has not been roofed?? In this naija Shame on you. That name mr pally look like sey na owan person

Sir I'm surprised
Re: Construction Of A 3bedroom Bungalow Somewhere In Ajah by back2sender: 8:29pm On Jan 27, 2016
eghosajohnny:

Sir I went to make amends with him and move on so that when you see the progress you will know what I've done ididnt know all this will come up I did all my best by plastering the fence just to be a bit fast and after all come straight and open it on the success,sir at this point I have done nothing wrong and every thing as its suppose to be isgoing on the difference here is door and pop and he's not saying I have not been paid for the plastering and plumbing work,sir it's not like that at all

Mr pally has been threatening on nl since day one and I didn't do anything before he started taking number s from workers
What is wrong if mr pally takes number from site workers? What are you afraid of? You better keep quiet and stop insulting peoples intelligence in this forum.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of A 3bedroom Bungalow Somewhere In Ajah by back2sender: 8:33pm On Jan 27, 2016
4nobody4every1:
This is so sad and pathetic. @ eghosajohnny if l will go by what mufutau55 posted, l am highly disappointed with you, l am not satisfied with your explanations, they are doggy and full of porkies, how can you collect money and yet fail to deliver?..this is why all my properties in Nigeria, l always make sure l am there physically to supervise things for myself to avoid all this brouhaha, some of you who are tokunbo bricklayers will be masquerading as engineers, l shake my head for some of una, l am pissed off with you, looking at the building, l am not satisfied that you know your onions, you come off to me as a bricklayer who knows nada about construction.. angry angry
Please stop insulting Bricklayers lol, Johnny is worse off.
It was a Bricklayer one small boy from ibadan that built my small bungalow from scratch and he cannot make the kind of nonsense Johnny did.

2 Likes

Re: Construction Of A 3bedroom Bungalow Somewhere In Ajah by eghosajohnny: 8:40pm On Jan 27, 2016
4nobody4every1:

Sir we agreed each stage for payment which I did as agreed he has the copy of the amount to be paid at each work done and the ones I've done that's not being paid is there just a call I didn't pick is that enough to start collecting number from workers,you people need to see reason there's no way a job will move without money.

This pix below is a job I did under a week from casting the parapet to roofing casting the german floor pipe both electrical and plumbing from 16th to 21st just last week here why is his work like that pls house don't look at one side I'm still doing a 4bdroom that is at lintels now will I be owing and the work moving sir see reason

Re: Construction Of A 3bedroom Bungalow Somewhere In Ajah by eghosajohnny: 8:47pm On Jan 27, 2016
back2sender:

It was a Bricklayer one small boy from ibadan that built my small bungalow from scratch and he cannot make the kind of nonsense Johnny did.

Oga watch your tongue here cos that has being you before now I know u from time
Re: Construction Of A 3bedroom Bungalow Somewhere In Ajah by eghosajohnny: 8:52pm On Jan 27, 2016
back2sender:

Re: Construction Of A 3bedroom Bungalow Somewhere In Ajah by back2sender: 8:55pm On Jan 27, 2016
eghosajohnny:

Sir we agreed each stage for payment which I did as agreed he has the copy of the amount to be paid at each work done and the ones I've done that's not being paid is there just a call I didn't pick is that enough to start collecting number from workers,you people need to see reason there's no way a job will move without money.

This pix below is a job I did under a week from casting the parapet to roofing casting the german floor pipe both electrical and plumbing from 16th to 21st just last week here why is his work like that pls house don't look at one side I'm still doing a 4bdroom that is at lintels now will I be owing and the work moving sir see reason
You are a disgrace, mr pally i will like to come and see the wonders Johnny did. I stay around bogijie. You acused mr pally of a missed call but the same you refuses to responded to Hajji's watsup message for almost a month!!! Dodginess/wayorism is in your block. This is a lesson to my fellow naija men and women in this forum especially those abroad who some so called fake engineers and contractor masquerading as professional here who dey see una as chop money. Look well well before you leap

4 Likes

Re: Construction Of A 3bedroom Bungalow Somewhere In Ajah by back2sender: 8:59pm On Jan 27, 2016
eghosajohnny:

You are a fraud my friend if others here cannot call a spade a spade me i go tell you sey you be basket i.e apere!!!

2 Likes

Re: Construction Of A 3bedroom Bungalow Somewhere In Ajah by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jan 27, 2016
Same Eghosa that wanted to build for me? Wetin person no go see for this Nairaland. Brabus thread go cool down small for now. Make i spread mat here

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Construction Of A 3bedroom Bungalow Somewhere In Ajah by mrpally(m): 9:11pm On Jan 27, 2016
eghosajohnny:

I would pause after this comment for other members to do their independent investigation. Members can call any of these numbers and ask them about their experiences with the engineer working on a site around okun ajah. Names are omitted

Block seller - 08099999285
Bricklayer - 08082261985
Borrowed enginer - 07064636734
Pop boss - 09096637090
Pop boys -08025182618
Parapet - 08109164967
Capinter - 08164639881
Iron bender _ 09091754045

What pains me most is that you prefer to shift blames than to take responsibility. Members here are adults and not kids.

Can you name a member on NL you have successfully worked for? I am expecting the person comment. On the first day to do set out on site you are not around, we could not do it because of lack of block rather you sent a borrowed engineer, on the new date we shifted it to, you are also not around and you sent another borrowed engineer again. As an engineer who in charge of the job, when is your attention most needed. The guy that did the set out has no detailed building plan, he used approximation and that is what resulted in breaking of toilet for expansion. You changed the drawing of my kitchen, send the kitchen construction to members for their comment. The drawing shows L shape, you changed it and there are no enough space for kitchen cabinet. All these can be confirmed

Members, based on the drawing he sent can the amount he claimed I am owing him finish this project just for me to park in. The more you write, the more you expose your self, you have proved that you have been over paid!

As per collecting workers number, I called him, he didn't pick my call as usual, worker and supplier called him, he refused to pick their calls, some workers have stopped working while others are planning to stop. Since I didn't want the project to stop, I had to assure them that I would pay in case MR JOHNNY ODEMWiNGIE IGUMA aka eghosajohnny decides not to pay which he eventually did. If he has paid anyone, it would be to night.

As for not paying pop because they didn't give me number is funny, it was because I didn't have such fund. members can also confirm my position.

I wait for the feedback from member that would decide to do independent investigation. As I have said, I won't comment again for now.

Thanks you all
Re: Construction Of A 3bedroom Bungalow Somewhere In Ajah by back2sender: 9:18pm On Jan 27, 2016
3strike:
Same Eghosa that wanted to build for me? Wetin person no go see for this Nairaland. Brabus thread go cool down small for now. Make i spread mat here

Naa sorry for be your case by now.
Re: Construction Of A 3bedroom Bungalow Somewhere In Ajah by mrpally(m): 9:31pm On Jan 27, 2016
eghosajohnny:

Your dp pics on whatsup is the finished Ondo project, are you the one that finished the project. Stop taking glory for the works of others. The pics below can't be yours because you told me you prefer pre caste parapet when I suggest otherwise, so why not use pre cast for the pics you shared.
Re: Construction Of A 3bedroom Bungalow Somewhere In Ajah by mufutau55(m): 10:04pm On Jan 27, 2016
back2sender:

Hajji you and Big Eguns , i see you both as my mentor on this platform and a ways look out for your post. Please someone like J is not a person you will give a second chance, i took my time to go through the ondo fiasco work for word

You are right sir. The Client is a very religious guy and wanted to give him a second chance.
Lessons learnt everyday.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of A 3bedroom Bungalow Somewhere In Ajah by mufutau55(m): 10:14pm On Jan 27, 2016
mrpally:

Bricklayer - 08082261985
Pop boss - 09096637090
Pop boys -08025182618
Parapet - 08109164967
Capinter - 08164639881

I called everybody on that list this morning from here and about 3pm in Nigeria.
And I was able to talk with all of them... Nobody has anything good to say... and he owes them all, and I have the figures too.

Johnny, I told you if you messed-up on this project, that is it for you. I still stand by that. Forget you.

Note: MrPally... you left out the Block Seller (Mr. Akogun) and he owes that man too...

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: Construction Of A 3bedroom Bungalow Somewhere In Ajah by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jan 27, 2016
[sub][/sub]
mufutau55:

I called everybody on that list this morning here and about 3pm in Nigeria.
And I was able to talk with all of them... Nobody has anything good to say... and he owes them all, and I have the figures too.

Johnny, I told you if you messed-up on this project, that is it for you. I still stand by that. Forget you.

Hajji M.

The sad thing is I'm approached by many folks who are in dispora and who wants to start doing the little things like I'm doing.

It's so easy for people like Johnny to make good money from people like me if he can only "do what he says and when he says". It's all about credibility.

Hajj is one of the few people whose lead I'll take without question and if he says you've screwed the pooch then I don't need verification.

It's sad all around because the client has a half ass half completed house now which will require reconstructing.
Re: Construction Of A 3bedroom Bungalow Somewhere In Ajah by bebe2(f): 11:08pm On Jan 27, 2016
EgunMogaji:

I'm going to be more appreciative of my builder from now on and I'm going to send him a smartphone that he's been asking for.

#ImSoGratefulForMyBuilder

Took the words right out of my mouth,

Too many quacks among naija trade men.
Re: Construction Of A 3bedroom Bungalow Somewhere In Ajah by olumide4christ: 1:32am On Jan 28, 2016
mrpally:

I would pause after this comment for other members to do their independent investigation. Members can call any of these numbers and ask them about their experiences with the engineer working on a site around okun ajah. Names are omitted

Bricklayer - 08082261985
Pop boss - 09096637090
Pop boys -08025182618
Parapet - 08109164967
Capinter - 08164639881

What pains me most is that you prefer to shift blames than to take responsibility. Members here are adults and not kids.

Can you name a member on NL you have successfully worked for? I am expecting the person comment. On the first day to do set out on site you are not around, we could not do it because of lack of block rather you sent a borrowed engineer, on the new date we shifted it to, you are also not around and you sent another borrowed engineer again. As an engineer who in charge of the job, when is your attention most needed. The guy that did the set out has no detailed building plan, he used approximation and that is what resulted in breaking of toilet for expansion. You changed the drawing of my kitchen, send the kitchen construction to members for their comment. The drawing shows L shape, you changed it and there are no enough space for kitchen cabinet. All these can be confirmed

Members, based on the drawing he sent can the amount he claimed I am owing him finish this project just for me to park in. The more you write, the more you expose your self, you have proved that you have been over paid!

As per collecting workers number, I called him, he didn't pick my call as usual, worker and supplier called him, he refused to pick their calls, some workers have stopped working while others are planning to stop. Since I didn't want the project to stop, I had to assure them that I would pay in case MR JOHNNY ODEMWiNGIE IGUMA aka eghosajohnny decides not to pay which he eventually did. If he has paid anyone, it would be to night.

As for not paying pop because they didn't give me number is funny, it was because I didn't have such fund. members can also confirm my position.

I wait for the feedback from member that would decide to do independent investigation. As I have said, I won't comment again for now.

Thanks you all

[b]Well, Mr. Pally, its really unfortunate that this is happening on your project. I do hope you're able to come out of it victorious.

This is a typical case of paying a high price for not involving at least one professional/consultant on your project, aside from your builder, in order to monitor, checkmate, control and drive the activities of the builder. I have been reiterating the fact time and time again on this forum and elsewhere that not using consultants during the construction of projects 90% of the time results in disappointments like this. And the most painful thing is that in the final analysis, the cost of engaging consultants during the project construction will be much less than the cost of taking over a project from a failing contractor and engaging a new contractor or using direct labour method/personal supervision to complete the project.

I say this because I have seen this happen firsthand where a client declined to engage a quantity surveyor on her project construction simply because she didn't want to pay extra fees but had to call the quantity surveyor back when she realized that she was losing and wasting money to the tune of some millions of naira and she hadn't finished the 1st floor of the building. This is just one of a number of cases. As we all know, such cases also abound here on Nairaland.

When you engage a consultant Quantity Surveyor to watch your back and protect your interests, it is a win-win situation for the client. Unfortunately, only few individual clients understand this. If some Nairalanders had embraced this, we would have had less cases of 'stories that touch' here in this Properties section. I intend to bring up a topic in future on my thread (link is below) that talks about "The high price of not involving professionals on your projects". This development has really proved that the discussion of that topic is really necessary.

For knowledge sake and in case you might want to embark on other projects and as such intend to get it right from the word go concerning your costs and project management, you can visit my thread through the link below to learn more on how Quantity Surveyors can provide value for your money and help protect and defend your interests.[/b]

https://www.nairaland.com/2836058/talk-quantity-surveyors-construction-costs#41551670

Wishing you speedy completion of your project!

2 Likes

Re: Construction Of A 3bedroom Bungalow Somewhere In Ajah by kopell: 2:38am On Jan 28, 2016
mufutau55:

I called everybody on that list this morning from here and about 3pm in Nigeria.

Note: MrPally... you left out the Block Seller (Mr. Akogun) and he owes that man too...

Hajji M.
Haji na waoo, what is wrong with most of this guys for God sake.
Re: Construction Of A 3bedroom Bungalow Somewhere In Ajah by kopell: 2:57am On Jan 28, 2016
olumide4christ:

[b]Well, Mr. Pally, its really unfortunate that this is happening on your project. I do hope you're able to come out of it victorious.

This is a typical case of paying a high price for not involving at least one professional/consultant on your project, aside from your builder, in order to monitor, checkmate, control and drive the activities of the builder. I have been reiterating the fact time and time again on this forum and elsewhere that not using consultants during the construction of projects 90% of the time results in disappointments like this. And the most painful thing is that in the final analysis, the cost of engaging consultants during the project construction will be much less than the cost of taking over a project from a failing contractor and engaging a new contractor or using direct labour method/personal supervision to complete the project.

I say this because I have seen this happen firsthand where a client declined to engage a quantity surveyor on her project construction simply because she didn't want to pay extra fees but had to call the quantity surveyor back when she realized that she was losing and wasting money to the tune of some millions of naira and she hadn't finished the 1st floor of the building. This is just one of a number of cases. As we all know, such cases also abound here on Nairaland.

When you engage a consultant Quantity Surveyor to watch your back and protect your interests, it is a win-win situation for the client. Unfortunately, only few individual clients understand this. If some Nairalanders had embraced this, we would have had less cases of 'stories that touch' here in this Properties section. I intend to bring up a topic in future on my thread (link is below) that talks about "The high price of not involving professionals on your projects". This development has really proved that the discussion of that topic is really necessary.

For knowledge sake and in case you might want to embark on other projects and as such intend to get it right from the word go concerning your costs and project management, you can visit my thread through the link below to learn more on how Quantity Surveyors can provide value for your money and help protect and defend your interests.[/b]

https://www.nairaland.com/2836058/talk-quantity-surveyors-construction-costs#41551670

Wishing you speedy completion of your project!
Man in my humble opinion, you don't have to use this sad situation to blame the owner of this project. The reason for him, not consulting with professionals is best known to him. We must not use this unfortunate situation to advertise our professionalism. From most of what we have been reading and learning on this forum. I believe in what we have learned, we can make better decisions on whom we decide to entrust our money with. I have never believed in second chances, once a player plays once he will never stop playing. I believe the owner of this project has read about the builder, before he entrusted him with his money. This is an example for others, never pay most of the money for jobs in lump sum.

4 Likes

Re: Construction Of A 3bedroom Bungalow Somewhere In Ajah by mufutau55(m): 3:12am On Jan 28, 2016
kopell:
Haji na waoo, what is wrong with most of this guys for God sake.

I am so very disappointed. Only few Nairaland Contractors/Builders are worth this business now.
I am going to open a thread soon for all complaints.. so that people can check their Builders, Suppliers,
Service providers, to see their ratings and complaints before they even speak to some of them talk less give them any contracts.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of A 3bedroom Bungalow Somewhere In Ajah by Nobody: 3:40am On Jan 28, 2016
kopell:
Man in my humble opinion, you don't have to use this sad situation to blame the owner of this project. The reason for him, not consulting with professionals is best known to him. We must not use this unfortunate situation to advertise our professionalism. From most of what we have been reading and learning on this forum. I believe in what we have learned, we can make better decisions on whom we decide to entrust our money with. I have never believed in second chances, once a player plays once he will never stop playing. I believe the owner of this project has read about the builder, before he entrusted him with his money. This is an example for others, never pay most of the money for jobs in lump sum.

I wish Seun would provide an "ignore user filter", one of the first names that I'll add is this Quantity Surveyor. I also know that my "admirers" will quickly add me too grin

2 Likes

Re: Construction Of A 3bedroom Bungalow Somewhere In Ajah by NL1960: 10:37am On Jan 28, 2016
bebe2:

Took the words right out of my mouth,

Too many quacks among naija trade men.

True talk.

Everybody is now rushing into building construction and claiming to be an expert because the sector is booming. I was shocked when on Sunday when i saw an old school mate who told me that he is now into building construction. I just shook my head. We used to make fun of him that he was a tanker driver because he was managing tanker drivers. He is now suddenly a builder.

Seeing the way Jonny goes about every thread giving estimates and saying that he can handle the project even if the project is in 'Sambissa forest' should raise the red flag in people. We are yet to hear or see updates on the Owerri duplex project he posted sometimes ago.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

For sale Ikoyi,V.I,Vgc,Lekki,Ilupeju,Ikeja,Ogba,Gbagada,Apapa,Banana Isd / Elite Garden Beside Abijo GRA. SOLD OUT!!! / Ikoyi Building Collapse: Osibona Threatened Our Officials With Dogs, Says LASBCA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.