Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,147 members, 7,818,447 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? (19814 Views)

All Unemployed And Those Seeking For Job Can Now Get A Job Easily / FG Begins Online Registration Of Unemployed Youths / Unemployment: Categories Of Unemployed Youths Or People In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by Paentera(m): 2:20pm On Nov 26, 2015
Laid2001:
There are millions of employed people without tax id. Many graduates who are employed in the informal sectors do not have tax id.
Some of them makes hundreds of thousands per month!.

By end of next year, once you have a BVN and have no tax ID, you might be invited to explain why you have a constant stream of inflows into your bank account yet pay no tax to the government.

Increasing the size of the tax net will be aided by BVN. As long as you take money to the bank or have to interface with government or a formal organization, you will need to obtain a BVN number.

I shake my head when many do not see the bigger picture.
Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by teemy(m): 2:45pm On Nov 26, 2015
They could be registered with their NYSC certificates.

Since all employers are enjoined to ask for NYSC certificates the numbers of the employed could be captured and the in case they are layed off they only need update that as well. Ex-corpers not on that list is the difference from the total discharged corpers to the employed ex-corpers. Problem solved. Helps build up the national employment database sef.
Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by alaskido(m): 2:50pm On Nov 26, 2015
You guys knew all these yet you voted them into power when they promised they will provide free meal in public schools and pay the unemployed N5K each month. Nigerians, we are so gullible and naïve.
Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by guysis(m): 3:27pm On Nov 26, 2015
Bollinger:

I have almost shouted myself hoarse about this issue on NL. Most just hear "5k" and they lose all sense of reasoning. It can never work. Not with the infrastructure on ground. All they will do if they implement it, is create another avenue for looting funds. Want another head cracker? How will the government sustain it? Nobody is asking that question. The govt can't even pay salaries for God's sake. In America, when you are born, or become a citizen/resident, you are issued a number which follows you till the day you die. This number is relevant from going to school to buying a car. It identifies you to pretty much everything you do in life. So, if the government wanted to help the unemployed, all they need to do is pull up your number and it will tell if you have a job or not. Too easy. Say you are looking for a job, the first thing that is asked of you is your number which the company will input into their system which the government can access at anytime. It makes everyone's life so much easier. Until Nigeria implements something like this, all talk of social welfare should be put in the back burner. The govt does not even know how many unemployed live on a street and they want to track the whole country. Well, good luck with that.
In other words they have failed before the programme commences.SMH for this administration!
Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by Bollinger(m): 3:39pm On Nov 26, 2015
guysis:

In other words they have failed before the programme commences.SMH for this administration!

Back when i was Schooling in Ilorin, the state government used to give out yearly bursaries to indigenes of the state. I and my friends used to collect these bursaries every year even though we did not come from kwara. It was too easy. How were they going to track us? They had no records of who was from Kwara or not. I don't think the government cared anyway. They used the scheme to loot like crazy. Imagine what would happen on a larger scale.
Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by draper: 4:30pm On Nov 26, 2015
let stand up tall with our head up and fight for our right.we paid fees in the university,rentage,outrageous amount was spent on us while in school.Anticipating better life after school only for us to come out to face another hardship and becoming a thorn in the flesh of our parents.We should come out enmass to kick start an unrmployment protest.
Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Nov 26, 2015
how can dis 5k tingy work when we dnt av egovernance, everything is still done with paper n stacks of old registers. no electronic crime database, no facial recognition system, no electronic data talk less of a retrieval system for identifying the whole citizens of nigeria, no active database for the employed talkless of those dat are unemployed. d govt will av to carryout a census to be able to capture everyone's data electronically. them jst wan give demselves work, d money dey will spend in collectin data may evn b more dan d 5k dey will dishout to evri unemployed graduate.
Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by TundeCole(m): 5:36pm On Nov 26, 2015
check this out!!!

Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by Okesilas15: 8:04pm On Nov 26, 2015
If the Government is serious abt helping youth, I think the better idea is to pay 200k to every discharged corper and give something like that to those u are educated but not qualified to go for nysc (nce,nd,graduates with exceptions,etc) mandate them never to trouble government for the next 5years.Whoever gets government job immediately must return sizeable part of the money or not paid until he pays back the money.And I think to avoid using the money senselessly, the SAED programs in nysc camp should be inculcated in the last years of the academic session and project should be selected based on ur chosen aspect.The issue of the CAC can be sorted out right from school so dat the money given will not be spent on that.Believe me, nigeria economy will be skye rocketing, and any graduate who does not have any thing to show for it after 2years must be legally punished.That is responsibility given to you to be held responsible for and when responsibility asks you to come and be responsible for the responsibilty given to you to be responsible for,you will not have any course not to be responsible for the responsibility given to you to be responsible for .
Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by Dgreat07(m): 8:39pm On Nov 26, 2015
DankemzI:
If you can scream Sai Baba, an Apc membership card!

Sai Baba my ass.

Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by justicejay(m): 9:06pm On Nov 26, 2015
CountDracula:

Pls I fail to see wat 5k and job creation by d government has to do wit each other... Can u explain urself in a more detailed manner?
I don't agree with Alfa but I want to let you know that the 5k can be used to create job, am not in support of this program ever since APC manifesto.
if this thing didn't turn out like the past surep where the only loyal party members will benefit from it.
let's just agree that APC are sincere with this promise and they wanna pay about 1.5millons unemployed youth,how much will that cost them in a month?that would be like 7.5b just imagine if fg pump half of that into skill acquisition not to talk of agriculture and monitor it.
ok let's just agree that they didn't divert into employment. they decided to be paying 1.5m people 7b in a month how much will that cost fg in a year?isnt that a waste of resources cos I don't know how 5k will influence a grown up man in a month. it can't even feed my fowls in a week.
this a lame Idea.
Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by waldigit: 9:41pm On Nov 26, 2015
zieraw2005:
Hello Nairalanders, I have been wondering about the recent trends and campaign promise made by Federal government to Pay Nigerian teaming unemployed Youths 5k monthly without foul play? this 5k of a thing seems not feasible to me.

The process of Gathering data alone would be defeated as political bigwigs would hijack it and favour only those fanning them.

Please drop your view below cos I want to register but don't know where to start or how to go about it.

gathering such data in a very primitive economy like ours shall be very difficult. I saw this coming since the days of election. I tried my best by making several post on vice president's facebook concerning this. This is our first short at social security sys. Social security sys is fundamentally hinged on personal identification sys. which is database application, the term social security no. Is a database management concept of unique identifier. Before we can start thinking of social welfare we need to first settle our personal identification sys. Even our population censor is not credible let alone identification sys.
I wish the govt all the best.
Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by CountDracula(m): 10:10pm On Nov 26, 2015
justicejay:

I don't agree with Alfa but I want to let you know that the 5k can be used to create job, am not in support of this program ever since APC manifesto.
if this thing didn't turn out like the past surep where the only loyal party members will benefit from it.
let's just agree that APC are sincere with this promise and they wanna pay about 1.5millons unemployed youth,how much will that cost them in a month?that would be like 7.5b just imagine if fg pump half of that into skill acquisition not to talk of agriculture and monitor it.
ok let's just agree that they didn't divert into employment. they decided to be paying 1.5m people 7b in a month how much will that cost fg in a year?isnt that a waste of resources cos I don't know how 5k will influence a grown up man in a month. it can't even feed my fowls in a week.
this a lame Idea.

Dis 7 billion ure talkin abt isn't presently used for either job creation nor payment of unemployed youths, its jus being pocketed, now, if u ask d government to create jobs for u, we all knw dats jus a waste of tym, hwever, if ure given 5k u can figure out how stuppid and pathetic u look and find urself a job or create one... I'm not a fan of corruption, but if FG is lookin for a way to waste money, I'm more dan happy for dem to waste it on my unemployed brothers and sisters
Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by Ethan015(m): 10:10pm On Nov 26, 2015
Lol...

You'd be surprise to see the requirements to be eligible for the 5k (scam).

A letter from your governor, introducing you as an unemployed youth in his state. lol

Then you'll realise the money is for some people and not the unemployed youths... ;DLol...
Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by CountDracula(m): 10:13pm On Nov 26, 2015
alfa0:

Well, i do not like to argue on the internet,but i must say this and it might be my final word on this.
i graduated exactly,2005 from federal University of Technology ,Owerri. (FUTO). I searched for job just for few months and i told myself i cant do this.i am happily and comfortably self employed. As i speak i have few Nigerian youths i pay salary monthly,

Having said this,Its a choice to mortgage your future OR NOT.Its entirely in our hands.

I didn't ask to argue, I asked for ur explanation... I'm sure ure happy wherever u are, I really don't care tho to b honest, I was lookin forward to ur explanation on how collecting 5k from d FG is "selling our future" not a speech on how good a human being u are and how life has given u limes and uve turned them into lemons
Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by Nobody: 11:08pm On Nov 26, 2015
This thing is going to be abused... you would see a lot of employed youth queuing up to get free N5k.
Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by Cavenchy(m): 5:49am On Nov 27, 2015
This is actually implementable if the banks use BVN to monitor demographics and number of accounts held by each individual. Thereafter, corresponding bank account balance per person can be ascertained and people within a specific account balance range could recieve the help required as long as they fall within the age range of the targeted demographic statistics.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by justicejay(m): 7:11am On Nov 27, 2015
CountDracula:

Dis 7 billion ure talkin abt isn't presently used for either job creation nor payment of unemployed youths, its jus being pocketed, now, if u ask d government to create jobs for u, we all knw dats jus a waste of tym, hwever, if ure given 5k u can figure out how stuppid and pathetic u look and find urself a job or create one... I'm not a fan of corruption, but if FG is lookin for a way to waste money, I'm more dan happy for dem to waste it on my unemployed brothers and sisters
and do you think if they wanna give every unemployed Bro and Sis 5k it can't get stuck in some senators or governors pocket.
at th junction am no longer waiting for gov appointment but I think if this government want to be more serious it's preferable and more save to create job with 7b. with our present economy problem. giving out 7.5b every month will do us more evil than good.
Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by CountDracula(m): 8:00am On Nov 27, 2015
justicejay:

and do you think if they wanna give every unemployed Bro and Sis 5k it can't get stuck in some senators or governors pocket.
at th junction am no longer waiting for gov appointment but I think if this government want to be more serious it's preferable and more save to create job with 7b. with our present economy problem. giving out 7.5b every month will do us more evil than good.

I agree with u

1 Like

Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by alfa0: 5:38pm On Nov 27, 2015
[quote author=CountDracula post=40439607]

I didn't ask to argue, I asked for ur explanation... I'm sure ure happy wherever u are, I really don't care tho to b honest, I was lookin forward to ur explanation on how collecting 5k from d FG is "selling our future" not a speech on how good a human being u are and how life has given u limes and uve turned them into lemons[/quot

sorry if i didn't answer your question correctly,i only wanted the youth to see that 5000 is not our problem.
my story was only to let people know that you can survive without the 5000 Naira,then we push for our legal right.
come to think of it,what do you actually think 5000 Naira will do for the youth at this jet age.

Am only supporting outright disregard for this shameful process.the youth need to stand up and take what is rightfully their own and not sitting on the floor waiting for the little food that will fall off the table.
i bet you,if the youth can reject this comical gesture,then it will be an eye opener,a wake up call to all our hopeless politicians.
Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by zieraw2005(m): 8:35pm On Dec 01, 2015
I read in the news today that this 5k programme is for vulnerable or indigent Nigerians. Lols. However, I think this policy can't stand the test of time. The aim would be defeated quickly here In Nigeria.
Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by eddyresource: 9:53pm On Dec 01, 2015
Hello friends dont bother about the 5k promise by d federal government. A job offer for young & vebriant enterpreneur @ the first online bizness school dat pays and stand d chance of making money on a referal bases. For more info contact: 08025863372
Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by ruqoyah26(f): 7:03am On Dec 02, 2015
Following....
Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by zieraw2005(m): 4:01pm On Jan 02, 2016
This is 2016 day two. Please how will the 5k campaign promise come to fruition.
Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by akanbiaa(m): 5:01pm On Jan 02, 2016
menix:
Laughing at some comments..

How can they use NYSC cert to register unemployed, Virtually all graduate either working or not have NYSC cert, so how do you know those not working

What of those that re no graduate yet they don't work

Another said BVN nd NIMC, watin concern BVN number with being employed or not...

OMO, End Time brains just full house this morning...

My suggestion:
There is no how that process will be devoid of corrupt practices, so is essence it won't worth it..
NIMC might not work but BVN will definitely work for they will monitor what goes in and out of your account.
Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by Emempaul(m): 5:27pm On Jan 02, 2016
Its like u guys no listen to him presidential media chart were he categorically said DAT unemployed youth were going to work for the 5k per month on farms. In other words manual labour for 30 days for 5 k

,..,,................. I laugh in Japanese......... Hohohohohihigogohoguuhoghon
Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by zieraw2005(m): 10:30pm On Jan 02, 2016
Emempaul:
Its like u guys no listen to him presidential media chart were he categorically said DAT unemployed youth were going to work for the 5k per month on farms. In other words manual labour for 30 days for 5 k

,..,,................. I laugh in Japanese......... Hohohohohihigogohoguuhoghon

If that was true, He has engineered modern day slavery.
Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by Emempaul(m): 10:57pm On Jan 02, 2016
zieraw2005:

If that was true, He has engineered modern day slavery.
If u can read try the questions and answer series on naij.com u will c it there. God help us all ooo
Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by zieraw2005(m): 10:06pm On Jan 03, 2016
Emempaul:

If u can read try the questions and answer series on naij.com u will c it there. God help us all ooo

Well I never doubted you. This Govt should help the youths. I wonder how many people will get Job this year.
Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by FtLawi: 11:32am On Jan 04, 2016
LIvewire safety limited is recruiting urgently for security guards,
requirement:

3 passport photograph with 1 full size picture
height 5.6 for male while female is 5.4 feet
Age 25 to 45
Olevel result Or certificate.
CV
Contact the recruiting officer on:
Email:ftlawi.livewirerecruitment@yahoo.com.

Note: this is for lagos base people alone .
Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by FtLawi: 11:45am On Jan 04, 2016
zieraw2005:
I read in the news today that this 5k programme is for vulnerable or indigent Nigerians. Lols. However, I think this policy can't stand the test of time. The aim would be defeated quickly here In Nigeria.
I think that 5k is irrelevant . this better
requirement:

Age 25 to 45
CV

Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by zieraw2005(m): 7:16pm On Jan 04, 2016
FtLawi:
I think that 5k is irrelevant . this better
requirement:

Age 25 to 45
CV

You are mouthed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Apply For Airmen/Airwomen Recruitment (BMTC 2021) / Finally, I Got A Better Job Through Nairaland / New Job Wahala--- Mature advise from married people needed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.