Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,072 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

Unemployment: Categories Of Unemployed Youths Or People In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Unemployment: Categories Of Unemployed Youths Or People In Nigeria (15677 Views)

Statistics Of Unemployed Nigerians By Gender And Qualification. Do You Agree? / FG Begins Online Registration Of Unemployed Youths / FG Begins Online Registration Of Unemployed Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unemployment: Categories Of Unemployed Youths Or People In Nigeria by SunFlow(m): 2:18pm On Dec 02, 2016
Unemployment in Nigeria has always been a difficult task to conquer by both past and present governments even though employment programs are being doughed out by both federal and state governments to unemployed youths. Now, without wasting time, I’ll enlighten us on the categories of unemployed youths or people in Nigeria.

1. Those who are afraid to work

take it or leave it, there are people who are afraid to work. this doesn’t mean they are lazy but it all boils down to the fact that they are afraid even at the mention of interview because they might or might not be able to perform the task or job being offered to them.

Those that falls into this categories are mostly women or the girls. Once they get married, they wave goodbye to work and rely wholly on their husbands irrespective of the course they studied in the university.

2. Those that are Lazy

some people are naturally lazy. yes, they are too lazy to work even when offered a job in the bank. my neighbour who studied Maths and Stats in Enugu State University of Science and Technology (ESUT) prefers to gossip with women and ride commercial motocycle (Okada) than looking for a job in his field. meanwhile, his wife (a Nurse in a private hospital) is the bread winner of the family.

3. Those still depending on their parents

Most youths (graduates) who have well-to-do parents, don’t see any reason to make them work because all they ever needed is being provided for them. This category of people rely on their father’s or mother’s wealth to succeed and they don’t want to know how the money is being made.

4. Those who are willing to work but have no work

thousands of able bodied and intelligent graduates who are ready to do anything roam the streets every week in search of the tiniest (if at all such word exist) jobs they can find just to make both ends meet. here, they are willing to do anything provided its legal. In this situation, so many factors may lead to this, factors like Evil forces or curses…lol

5. Those without connection

the popular saying “man know man” or “he who his father works in heaven doesn’t go to hell” applies here. they may or may not be willing to work but it all boils down to “who do you know”. Nigerian Politicians or the creme de la creme of the society can attest to this.

6. Those that can defend their profession (course they studied)

Believe it or not, there are youths who cannot defend what they studied in the university either in an interview or in the job field. these set of people had the opportunity while school but spends their time in luxury and pleasure. Those that falls within this category losses their job as soon as they gets it to a more competent fellow

7. Those looking for Oil and Gas jobs

We all have our dream jobs, while some aspire to be great entrepreneurs, others aspire to make quick money in the oil and gas sector. Such people shun other job opportunities while waiting for shell, Total, Agip, Chevron and host of other oil firms to recruit them. i guess they are in for a long ride.

I drop my pen here, what is you take on this? you can add yours.

Source: https://xtrimlaughs.com/2016/12/unemployment-categories-of-unemployed-youths-or-people-in-nigeria/

5 Likes

Re: Unemployment: Categories Of Unemployed Youths Or People In Nigeria by ikbnice(m): 2:22pm On Dec 02, 2016
Those who want their starting salary to be above 500k.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Unemployment: Categories Of Unemployed Youths Or People In Nigeria by SunFlow(m): 2:42pm On Dec 02, 2016
ikbnice:
grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Unemployment: Categories Of Unemployed Youths Or People In Nigeria by yomi007k(m): 3:41pm On Dec 02, 2016
9. Those who women have tied their destiny.

33 Likes

Re: Unemployment: Categories Of Unemployed Youths Or People In Nigeria by Timblaze(m): 5:00pm On Dec 02, 2016
Re: Unemployment: Categories Of Unemployed Youths Or People In Nigeria by SunFlow(m): 9:49pm On Dec 03, 2016
yomi007k:
9. Those who women have tied their destiny.
grin ;Dare you one of them grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Unemployment: Categories Of Unemployed Youths Or People In Nigeria by Jaii(m): 11:01pm On Dec 03, 2016
and those who create threads about categories of unemployed youths in nigeria undecided undecided undecided

72 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Unemployment: Categories Of Unemployed Youths Or People In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:02pm On Dec 04, 2016
Those that are yet to settle with the villagers

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unemployment: Categories Of Unemployed Youths Or People In Nigeria by SunFlow(m): 12:12am On Dec 05, 2016
Jaii:
and those who create threads about categories of unemployed youths in nigeria undecided undecided undecided
grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Unemployment: Categories Of Unemployed Youths Or People In Nigeria by SunFlow(m): 12:13am On Dec 05, 2016
1KINGKYLE:
Those that are yet to settle with the villagers
grin
Re: Unemployment: Categories Of Unemployed Youths Or People In Nigeria by JoeBlocks(m): 6:59am On Dec 05, 2016
I'm sure many of those kids in Romance section fit into every category listed above by the OP.

6 Likes

Re: Unemployment: Categories Of Unemployed Youths Or People In Nigeria by MidasTouche01(m): 7:00am On Dec 05, 2016
What about people like OP who spend their entire time on Nairaland... grin

6 Likes

Re: Unemployment: Categories Of Unemployed Youths Or People In Nigeria by Donbigi2(m): 7:01am On Dec 05, 2016
ikbnice:

I no fit do 5yrs for Futo + 1yr nysc for 80k salary oh
I rather be an entrepreneur

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unemployment: Categories Of Unemployed Youths Or People In Nigeria by soldadoe(m): 7:02am On Dec 05, 2016
Yea...sme pple re lazy! But ...radically, this is devastating
Re: Unemployment: Categories Of Unemployed Youths Or People In Nigeria by Mustack: 7:02am On Dec 05, 2016
what about those who want to be self employed.

2 Likes

Re: Unemployment: Categories Of Unemployed Youths Or People In Nigeria by izzy4shizzy(m): 7:03am On Dec 05, 2016
The GNLD people

2 Likes

Re: Unemployment: Categories Of Unemployed Youths Or People In Nigeria by Donbigi2(m): 7:03am On Dec 05, 2016
Mustack:
what about those who want to be self employed.

But with no start up money grin
Re: Unemployment: Categories Of Unemployed Youths Or People In Nigeria by macapie20(m): 7:03am On Dec 05, 2016
Which Is Worse? U That Created The Unemployment Thread Or The Unemployed Youths? Nigeria Youths Will Smile Someday.

3 Likes

Re: Unemployment: Categories Of Unemployed Youths Or People In Nigeria by Mrdecent(m): 7:03am On Dec 05, 2016
Those who want to be In the ministry of church
Re: Unemployment: Categories Of Unemployed Youths Or People In Nigeria by don4real18(m): 7:04am On Dec 05, 2016
The Okada man in OP's post may find it find it more fulfilling riding a commercial motorcycle than working in a bank
Different strokes for different folks

3 Likes

Re: Unemployment: Categories Of Unemployed Youths Or People In Nigeria by Obito555(m): 7:05am On Dec 05, 2016
So which category are u?

1 Like

Re: Unemployment: Categories Of Unemployed Youths Or People In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:05am On Dec 05, 2016
Those people wey no go school

1 Like

Re: Unemployment: Categories Of Unemployed Youths Or People In Nigeria by Atiku2019: 7:06am On Dec 05, 2016
ikbnice:

That was my dream when I graduated, but my first job in an Accounting firm was 16k grin

"Reality come reset my brain and ego sharply" grin

9 Likes

Re: Unemployment: Categories Of Unemployed Youths Or People In Nigeria by Abatsam111(m): 7:07am On Dec 05, 2016
Lol
Re: Unemployment: Categories Of Unemployed Youths Or People In Nigeria by samx4real(m): 7:08am On Dec 05, 2016
Those on a minimum wage job...

Don't get it twisted.... Graduates teaching in private institutions
Re: Unemployment: Categories Of Unemployed Youths Or People In Nigeria by Sasuwa(f): 7:08am On Dec 05, 2016
mhm, smh
Re: Unemployment: Categories Of Unemployed Youths Or People In Nigeria by samx4real(m): 7:08am On Dec 05, 2016
Those waiting for a miracle job...
Re: Unemployment: Categories Of Unemployed Youths Or People In Nigeria by Mustack: 7:08am On Dec 05, 2016
Obito555:
So which category are u?
I want to start with my own business
Re: Unemployment: Categories Of Unemployed Youths Or People In Nigeria by Tmaritas76(m): 7:12am On Dec 05, 2016
Those reading this shit

1 Like

Re: Unemployment: Categories Of Unemployed Youths Or People In Nigeria by Xync(f): 7:15am On Dec 05, 2016
Well, do something meaningful today. Check my signature
Re: Unemployment: Categories Of Unemployed Youths Or People In Nigeria by DEWKID(m): 7:15am On Dec 05, 2016
Those that are yet to be born :p

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Scam Interview / See The Viral CV That Captured The Attention Of A Big CEO In A Tech Company / Quitting A Job Within A Month: Share Your Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.