Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,756 members, 7,820,626 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:29 PM

In Anticipation Of Blackfriday (market Ur E-commerce Or Services On This Thread) - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / In Anticipation Of Blackfriday (market Ur E-commerce Or Services On This Thread) (730 Views)

Whatsapp Cuts Off Services On Selected Mobile Phones / #blackfriday: 25% OFF All Web Hosting Orders Till Dec 15 / Benefits Of Voip Services On Business | Vitel Global (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Anticipation Of Blackfriday (market Ur E-commerce Or Services On This Thread) by searchcorp(m): 12:14pm On Nov 26, 2015
Tomorrow (November 27) will be black friday. The biggest day globally in shopping history. There will be a lot of money changing hands tomorrow and it won't be a bad idea for you to get a slice of the pie. The following are companies selling with their pros and cons;

Yudala:
Yudala will be selling with over 92% discount both in their offline stores and online store. But, they don't yet feature market places. This will surely be a big deal for the buyers, but not necessarily sellers.

Konga:
Konga will be selling discounted items but only market place sellers with huge October sales will be allowed to participate. Now, while that is reasonable it is still unfair as we all know that the nigerian economy has been slow for a while, and so as sales. Well, again Good news for the buyers and not so good news for the sellers. (I dare Konga to release a statistic of their sales, you will see that there has been a drop in sales since the change of government in May 29, using october sales for a metric for black friday sales amongst their market place vendors is not such a good idea).

Jumia:
Jumia seems to be getting this right as they have allowed all their market place vendors to participate. but their recent decision to withhold some important customer details from their vendors still makes it a risk as we still have a lot of prank-buyers on the Jumia platform. Jumia recently stopped including buyer's phone numbers in the sales notification given to their vendors. That's very very risky. I personally have had issues where you deliver an order and the Jumia logistic team (very sleepy guys) after taking about 2 weeks trying to deliver the order ends up returning the order. I called the buyers in those two instances only to realize that they were never approached by Jumia at all. I re-sent the goods to them and of course they paid for it gladly.

It will be very risky to accept loads of orders via the jumia platform and incur the production and all logistic costs of those orders, without Jumia releasing the phone numbers of the buyers. We need to hear from our buyers, we need to confirm the orders ourselves. Konga, alibaba, amazon and all other market-places releases buyer contacts to their vendors for verification and follow-up. It will be very risky to ship out to ghost customers in tens, hundreds or even thousands.

ArtNigeria.com:
Well, this is a closed system for sales of art-works by artist. They have all their products on 30% discount, all their products! and the black friday for them has already started. Now, the bad part is that as an artist you really can't get signed up in the next two days. Although ArtNigeria.com caters for all the logistics of shipping out art works, it is still a closed system, probably because it's a start-up. The good part is that all their products are included in the discount sales unlike Yudala, Konga and dealdey that only lists one or two products in each category.

VictoriaRobertsSolutions
For event services are only offering 40% discounts to the first hundred bookings they get. Well since it is not digitalized, I dont know for sure how we will be counting.

and I believe some other sites will be taking this black friday sales seriously in Nigeria. My question is simple, how do we benefit?

The aim of this thread is for nairalanders to advertise the discounts they will be giving to clients and customers tomorrow, lets participate in this global blackfriday mega sales in our own way. Please be sure to advertise your products and/or services for tomorrow on this thread.

Lalasticlala and Seun and everyother Mods; Please allow this thread. We are only trying to have our slice of the big sales and contribute our own quota to the Nigerian economy in our own little way as patriotic citizens.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In Anticipation Of Blackfriday (market Ur E-commerce Or Services On This Thread) by sinaj(f): 12:27pm On Nov 26, 2015
I nid to knw d price of their fones
Re: In Anticipation Of Blackfriday (market Ur E-commerce Or Services On This Thread) by yinkeys(m): 2:19pm On Nov 26, 2015
sinaj:
I nid to knw d price of their fones
smiley
Re: In Anticipation Of Blackfriday (market Ur E-commerce Or Services On This Thread) by searchcorp(m): 2:49pm On Nov 26, 2015
Hey Mods, I realised this thread was created under the wrong topic so I moved it to the business section.
Re: In Anticipation Of Blackfriday (market Ur E-commerce Or Services On This Thread) by sinaj(f): 2:51pm On Nov 26, 2015
yinkeys:

I need to see you. Come to Uniport jor
seriosly u mistakin me for someone else coz I dnt stay opposite diamond lodge
Re: In Anticipation Of Blackfriday (market Ur E-commerce Or Services On This Thread) by francizy(m): 2:57pm On Nov 26, 2015
sinaj:

Do you stay alternate to gold lodge then?
Re: In Anticipation Of Blackfriday (market Ur E-commerce Or Services On This Thread) by yinkeys(m): 3:04pm On Nov 26, 2015
sinaj:
Ok, but I've seen you there before. Not sure if you stay there or not

(1) (Reply)

These LG Tvs Can Repel Mosquitoes...either They're On Or Off! / Breaking: Scientists Obtain The First Ever Picture Of A Black Hole / This Man Got An Incredible FACE IMPLANT, Will You Believe Science Now?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.