Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,564 members, 7,850,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:04 AM

PDP To INEC: Declare Wada As Winner Of Kogi Election - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP To INEC: Declare Wada As Winner Of Kogi Election (24724 Views)

Dino Melaye's Constituents Protest To INEC Office, Demand His Recall (Photos) / Mansur Ali Emerge As Winner Of Kastina Bye Election / Defection: PDP To INEC, Declare Dariye’s Seat Vacant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP To INEC: Declare Wada As Winner Of Kogi Election by bestofbabs(m): 5:05pm On Nov 26, 2015
Opinedecandid:
That is what it should be.
I'm not here to bandy words with lazy APC fans, they can go ahead and search out/ confirm the position of the law in respect to the that election and the matters arising.

But two options are opened for INEC according to the Law:

1. INEC declares the living candidate that scored the highest number of votes winner;

2. INEC conducts a fresh polls altogether, after it would have given APC enough time to conduct a fresh primaries and come out with a candidate.

Anything other than this would tantamount to absolute lawlessness and a terrible precedence that will hunt everyone in future.

Your write up shows you are educated but the manner at which u spoke shows u are an illiterate.
Did Audu contest under his family name or under the party umbrella ? Is it Audu's image that is on the ballot paper or that of the party, my brother sentiment will lead you know where, wise up and take sense
grin
Opinedecandid:
I'm not here to bandy words with lazy APC fans, they can go ahead and search out/ confirm the position of the law in respect to the that election and the matters arising.

1. INEC declares the living candidate that scored the highest number of votes winner;

2. INEC conducts a fresh polls altogether, after it would have given APC enough time to conduct a fresh primaries and come out with a candidate.

Anything other than this would tantamount to absolute lawlessness and a terrible precedence that will hunt everyone in future.

Your write up shows you are educated but the manner at which u spoke shows u are an illiterate.
Did Audu contest under his family name or under the party umbrella ? Is it Audu's image that is on the ballot paper or that of the party, my brother sentiment will lead you know where, wise up and take sense
angry
Opinedecandid:

grin
Opinedecandid:

Re: PDP To INEC: Declare Wada As Winner Of Kogi Election by Boyewu: 5:05pm On Nov 26, 2015
It seems that PDP were silently happy when they heard the death of APC candidate prince Audu. All what they were saying during the burial were just eye services, they are now expecting glory from their own failure. IMPOSSIBLE!

2 Likes

Re: PDP To INEC: Declare Wada As Winner Of Kogi Election by ybalogs(m): 5:05pm On Nov 26, 2015
Showoniyen?
Re: PDP To INEC: Declare Wada As Winner Of Kogi Election by ybalogs(m): 5:05pm On Nov 26, 2015
Shoroniyen
Re: PDP To INEC: Declare Wada As Winner Of Kogi Election by docadams: 5:06pm On Nov 26, 2015
Wadata house has finally crumbled.
Re: PDP To INEC: Declare Wada As Winner Of Kogi Election by Nobody: 5:08pm On Nov 26, 2015
zinachidi:

http://thenationonlineng.net/pdp-to-inec-declare-wada-as-winner-of-kogi-election/

PDP demand is very ridiculous and stup!d. If INEC declare PDP winner, which means they want to legalize political assassination.

NO NEED TO CAMPAIGN, JUST WAIT ON ELECTION DAY AND ASSASSINATE YOUR OPPONENT. PDP IS REALLY TERRIBLE.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP To INEC: Declare Wada As Winner Of Kogi Election by opoorookagbon(m): 5:09pm On Nov 26, 2015
End time joke! Where is it also in the Nigerian Constitution or Electoral Act that in this situation, the runner up should be declared winner? P D P is doing end time daydreaming... wake up for your good.
Re: PDP To INEC: Declare Wada As Winner Of Kogi Election by spako4(m): 5:13pm On Nov 26, 2015
JESTERS grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: PDP To INEC: Declare Wada As Winner Of Kogi Election by Nobody: 5:14pm On Nov 26, 2015
Nigeria is always a lawnessless tribe.
Oh yes I called them tribe because nowadays nigeria government have neglected the word called (Nation).
Tribe with trabalistic administration.
Re: PDP To INEC: Declare Wada As Winner Of Kogi Election by free2ryhme: 5:16pm On Nov 26, 2015
It appears pdp no longer understand d constitution with regards to their interpretation of electoral law.....inec should declare wada as winner....just dey laugh....even wada knows dt he has lost. Gbam!
Re: PDP To INEC: Declare Wada As Winner Of Kogi Election by sirAbeey: 5:18pm On Nov 26, 2015
Fidifi thank God u are no longer in power, if not so u would have done the needful by manipulating as usual. So my fiful fidifi I don die ko......
Re: PDP To INEC: Declare Wada As Winner Of Kogi Election by oz4real83(m): 5:18pm On Nov 26, 2015
The more I hear olisa metu talk the more I see and realise the importance of the crash course lesson offered by lai mohammed. Metu talks like someone under the influence of kwale weed!

1 Like

Re: PDP To INEC: Declare Wada As Winner Of Kogi Election by Jyunus: 5:21pm On Nov 26, 2015
Confirmed. PDP is supporter of APC Party
Re: PDP To INEC: Declare Wada As Winner Of Kogi Election by TOPCRUISE(m): 5:22pm On Nov 26, 2015
From the outburst of PDP, it will be easy to convince one that they are the ones responsible for Audu Abubakar's demise

1 Like

Re: PDP To INEC: Declare Wada As Winner Of Kogi Election by Memyselfu2009(m): 5:24pm On Nov 26, 2015
Even IF na Goat stand against Wada under any party that Goat Go WIN Wada and PDP na total failure for Kogi State

1 Like

Re: PDP To INEC: Declare Wada As Winner Of Kogi Election by totalhouse(m): 5:24pm On Nov 26, 2015
The pdp position on kogi's election will spell a doom for our 'nauscent' democracy.
This is not the way to win an election. If they had asked for a new election, it would have been fair not declaring the second party a winner because of the death of the candidate of the leading party.
We should not set a wrong precedence by allowing this draconic call see the light of the day.
Supreme Court must rise to the occasion on this matter and help give right judgement in case this matter gets to its court.
Re: PDP To INEC: Declare Wada As Winner Of Kogi Election by dachin(m): 5:26pm On Nov 26, 2015
This pdp no get shame rarara, see the kind thing wey dem dey suggest? So APC no fit bring other candidates for the election wey dey don win? I still don't believe that pdp could say this!
Re: PDP To INEC: Declare Wada As Winner Of Kogi Election by Jalinco: 5:26pm On Nov 26, 2015
Orisha Metuh is a shameless person. The people of Kogi rejected your party and you are still asking INEC to declare your candidate winner
Re: PDP To INEC: Declare Wada As Winner Of Kogi Election by ZiggyMr(m): 5:31pm On Nov 26, 2015
This guy called Metuh no dey think @all...
Re: PDP To INEC: Declare Wada As Winner Of Kogi Election by Opinedecandid(m): 5:33pm On Nov 26, 2015
nobeku:
YOU ARE THE BIGGEST DUNDERHEAD IN TOWN!!!!!!

Speak in English, slave.
Re: PDP To INEC: Declare Wada As Winner Of Kogi Election by etim20(m): 5:34pm On Nov 26, 2015
Let Olisa Metuh and PDP tell or show us where it is written both in electoral act and in 1999 constitution as amended;In case of death of candidate with the highest vote before the declaration of a winner by electoral umpire, let the candidate with the second highest vote be declared winner, then we will take una serious... lawless people.
Re: PDP To INEC: Declare Wada As Winner Of Kogi Election by akinsbaba2015: 5:37pm On Nov 26, 2015
Honestly, I'm bound to believe that the words PDP & CLUELESSNESS be used interchangeably. No further comments.
Re: PDP To INEC: Declare Wada As Winner Of Kogi Election by Okbath(m): 5:41pm On Nov 26, 2015
PDP is wrong, they(PDP) better pursue the cancellation of the election and prepare for a second opportunity in the re-run, I also faulted the Attorney general and INEC on the way they handled the outcome due to constitutional lacuna by ordering APC to replace late Audu to complete the election, which means that two governorship candidates secures victory for APC if the(APC) eventually emerged winner as against wada idris of PDP that is one against two. I suggest cancellation and fresh election
Re: PDP To INEC: Declare Wada As Winner Of Kogi Election by Nobody: 5:43pm On Nov 26, 2015
Omoakinsuyi:
PDP MUST BE SICK
Ofcoz
And nurse Metuh won't just give up grin
Re: PDP To INEC: Declare Wada As Winner Of Kogi Election by mayorchelsea(m): 5:43pm On Nov 26, 2015
Opinedecandid:
I'm not here to bandy words with lazy APC fans, they can go ahead and search out/confirm the position of the law in respect to that election and the matters arising.

Anything other than any of those would tantamount to absolute lawlessness and a terrible precedence that will hunt everyone in future.
Your comment makes sense at the end but the initial part of quoting APC is irrelevant. What you said isn't supporting PDP rather it favours APC
Re: PDP To INEC: Declare Wada As Winner Of Kogi Election by Nobody: 5:43pm On Nov 26, 2015
Omoakinsuyi:
PDP MUST BE SICK
Ofcoz
Re: PDP To INEC: Declare Wada As Winner Of Kogi Election by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:51pm On Nov 26, 2015
marv1:
Am surprised that u are susprised at ur party.
I'm surprised that you are surprised at my surprise

2 Likes

Re: PDP To INEC: Declare Wada As Winner Of Kogi Election by Nobody: 5:53pm On Nov 26, 2015
Ephemmm:
“With the unfortunate death of Prince Abubakar Audu, the APC has no valid candidate in the election, leaving INEC with no other lawful option than to declare the PDP candidate, Capt. Idris Wada, as the winner of the election,” the communiqué said.

tongue tongue tongue [b]Metuh must be high on weed, honestly.

Nigerian constitution gives no room for independent candidate: all candidates vying for any position must come under the platform of a political party. Up till today, the only independent candidate Nigerian would have had was MKO Abiola, who political parties were running after to contest on their platform before he finally choose the one that pleases him in 1993. So, this is the reason why no candidate's name can ever appear on electoral ballot except during the party's primary.

In the same vein, it is also worthy of note that irrespective of the popularity or general acceptability of the candidate in his electoral jurisdiction, party takes the glory. This is what was obtainable in the case of Amaechi in River; Amaechi was brought in as a Governor under PDP after the election has been concluded, whereas he was not the PDP's recognized candidate when the election was conducted.

PDP is fighting a lost battle, in that even if occurrence like this was not made provision for in Nigerian constitution, the fact still remains that he Audu has a valid deputy and a runner-up during the primary election conducted by APC.[/b]
Amaechi case is TOTALLY different. The elections were concluded and result announced and Certificate of return issued to a PDP candidate. Therefore, once Omehia' candidacy was invalidated, the next candidate was elected. On Audu case, the elections were inconclusive. Assuming it was the LP candidate that died would INEC wait for them to hold another primaries or substitute the candidate? By reason of Audu's death, APC rightly crashed out of the race. The electoral laws does not support any other options other than to return the living candidate with the highest vote.
Re: PDP To INEC: Declare Wada As Winner Of Kogi Election by Ephemmm: 5:57pm On Nov 26, 2015
Xetima:

Amaechi case is TOTALLY different. The elections were concluded and result announced and Certificate of return issued to a PDP candidate. Therefore, once Omehia' candidacy was invalidated, the next candidate was elected. On Audu case, the elections were inconclusive. Assuming it was the LP candidate that died would INEC wait for them to hold another primaries or substitute the candidate? By reason of Audu's death, APC rightly crashed out of the race. The electoral laws does not support any other options other than to return the living candidate with the highest vote.

Which electoral law/section forbid substituting any candidate before, during and after election in Nigeria? You guys are just self-opinionated when it comes to intelligent reasoning.

I made reference to Amaechi because, the court held that electorates votes for parties, not individual: if not, another election could have been conducted before Amaechi could be installed as PDP Governor as at then.

Wake up from your slumber please.

1 Like

Re: PDP To INEC: Declare Wada As Winner Of Kogi Election by Nobody: 5:58pm On Nov 26, 2015
Omoakinsuyi:
PDP MUST BE SICK
Ofcoz
Re: PDP To INEC: Declare Wada As Winner Of Kogi Election by Nobody: 6:03pm On Nov 26, 2015
thief PDP... they were not winning, it was Audu that was winning before he died... smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria Experiences Worst Independence Day Celebration Under Buhari – Adeyanju / Nasir El-Rufai Studying For PhD In Holland / Wale Ogunade: Ambode Would Have Surpassed Achievements Of Tinubu, Fashola If…’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.