Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,729 members, 7,851,505 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:55 PM

PDP To INEC: Declare Wada As Winner Of Kogi Election - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP To INEC: Declare Wada As Winner Of Kogi Election (24729 Views)

Dino Melaye's Constituents Protest To INEC Office, Demand His Recall (Photos) / Mansur Ali Emerge As Winner Of Kastina Bye Election / Defection: PDP To INEC, Declare Dariye’s Seat Vacant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP To INEC: Declare Wada As Winner Of Kogi Election by Opinedecandid(m): 6:04pm On Nov 26, 2015
mayorchelsea:
Your comment makes sense at the end but the initial part of quoting APC is irrelevant. What you said isn't supporting PDP rather it favours APC

I had to say that because it appears APC fans are really the ones against the correct position of the law, which are equally my position.
Re: PDP To INEC: Declare Wada As Winner Of Kogi Election by campdavid2015: 6:07pm On Nov 26, 2015
Endtime Request. Hmmm
Re: PDP To INEC: Declare Wada As Winner Of Kogi Election by FredAgbaPhobia(m): 6:07pm On Nov 26, 2015
We have a lot of "copy and paste" social shocked commentators here..

Iranu Abacha!
Re: PDP To INEC: Declare Wada As Winner Of Kogi Election by homirefacuny(m): 6:08pm On Nov 26, 2015
Metuh should just...

Re: PDP To INEC: Declare Wada As Winner Of Kogi Election by ldpele(m): 6:10pm On Nov 26, 2015
Ephemmm:
“With the unfortunate death of Prince Abubakar Audu, the APC has no valid candidate in the election, leaving INEC with no other lawful option than to declare the PDP candidate, Capt. Idris Wada, as the winner of the election,” the communiqué said.

tongue tongue tongue [b]Metuh must be high on weed, honestly.

Nigerian constitution gives no room for independent candidate: all candidates vying for any position must come under the platform of a political party. Up till today, the only independent candidate Nigerian would have had was MKO Abiola, who political parties were running after to contest on their platform before he finally choose the one that pleases him in 1993. So, this is the reason why no candidate's name can ever appear on electoral ballot except during the party's primary.

In the same vein, it is also worthy of note that irrespective of the popularity or general acceptability of the candidate in his electoral jurisdiction, party takes the glory. This is what was obtainable in the case of Amaechi in River; Amaechi was brought in as a Governor under PDP after the election has been concluded, whereas he was not the PDP's recognized candidate when the election was conducted.

PDP is fighting a lost battle, in that even if occurrence like this was not made provision for in Nigerian constitution, the fact still remains that he Audu has a valid deputy and a runner-up during the primary election conducted by APC.[/b]
Is it possible the party u claim recognized by law or constitution run an election without a candidate? The AGF is simply playing politics by not approaching the Supreme Court, & ofcourse, I do u change a candidacy during an election process? U can help in answering this questions.
Re: PDP To INEC: Declare Wada As Winner Of Kogi Election by hush15: 6:11pm On Nov 26, 2015
teeboila:
Lalasticlala come hear o Nurse Metuh is at it again.

But as harsh and stupid it may sound, it is the clear truth. It is a race, only those alive gets to finish it. You don't substitute a player during the race. You don't take from Peter to pay Paul...

All these bending and bending of rules should stop. The Ruling Party can't keep running the country like this, the en will definitely not be good.
Re: PDP To INEC: Declare Wada As Winner Of Kogi Election by Nobody: 6:13pm On Nov 26, 2015
no surprises,its pdp
Re: PDP To INEC: Declare Wada As Winner Of Kogi Election by trappatoni(m): 6:15pm On Nov 26, 2015
safarigirl:
Such foolishness ought to be unlawful in Nigeria and people like Metuh, Wada and the PDP lawyers propagating this ought to serve jail term.

You should have no right to be this silly
just when I thought i've seen it all then this. Wahlahi wehrey ponbele ni metuh.
Re: PDP To INEC: Declare Wada As Winner Of Kogi Election by gawu1: 6:18pm On Nov 26, 2015
Opinedecandid:
That is what it should be.
I'm not here to bandy words with lazy APC fans, they can go ahead and search out/ confirm the position of the law in respect to the that election and the matters arising.

But two options are opened for INEC according to the Law:

1. INEC declares the living candidate that scored the highest number of votes winner;

2. INEC conducts a fresh polls altogether, after it would have given APC enough time to conduct a fresh primaries and come out with a candidate.
And how is your postulations differ with that of APC. You wish that all decision to be taken by INEC should favour PDP, if not you should have known that there are many more plausible options other than the ones you posted, one of which is the current position the INEC has taken. The issue at hand is subject to different interpretation but at the end of the day, which ever interpretation is arrived at would remain subject of dispute by the varying parties or interest group involved.
INEC has to take decision ordinarily, that is what it has done maybe after juxtaposition of the legal understanding available to them. We may have contrary view, an Obvious fact that man is always tilted to his biases and to defense his biases even at the face of unmitigated fact. Thus, we have Law court where we can approach not only to seek for re-dress but also to test legal position of our biases.
On the issue in discussion, set your mind free and ask yourself some questions given serious thought to the constitution and the present electoral Acts. For instance,
1. Can a person who is not a member of any political party stands as a candidate in election contest?
2. Is a political party party to an election matters or matters arising from election?
3. Who wins or loses in an election between a candidate, a political part or both?
4. Many questions could be asked by an impartial minds
On a final note, I cannot contemplate any person being lazy more than he/she who thinks INEC has only two options in this matter arising from Kogi election. Think more, Bros!
Re: PDP To INEC: Declare Wada As Winner Of Kogi Election by Tyontop(m): 6:19pm On Nov 26, 2015
They want to reap other man victory through the back door, how i wish they are the party leading and it happened like this, what would be there reactions!
Re: PDP To INEC: Declare Wada As Winner Of Kogi Election by PastorOla1: 6:22pm On Nov 26, 2015
PDP can turn INEC and declare Wada, ok. HOGWASH!!! Wanda better go and prepare his handing over letter now.
Re: PDP To INEC: Declare Wada As Winner Of Kogi Election by Ephemmm: 6:26pm On Nov 26, 2015
ldpele:
Is it possible the party u claim recognized by law or constitution run an election without a candidate? The AGF is simply playing politics by not approaching the Supreme Court, & ofcourse, I do u change a candidacy during an election process? U can help in answering this questions.

Is it possible for APC to go into an election without a valid candidate? Is it possible for PDP to contest against a ghost before election was duly contested? The worst that can happen is to recognize his deputy as the valid candidate as the office was constitutionally created to caters for the emergencies like this.

For your enlightment, nothing concern AGF on this matter except the case is challenged by the parties involved: judiciary is meant for interpretation of law and you know who is constitutionally empowered when it comes to making law in Nigeria.

Get your fact right.
Re: PDP To INEC: Declare Wada As Winner Of Kogi Election by ldpele(m): 6:26pm On Nov 26, 2015
PDP have a serious legal case here, some persons calling it a joint may not be getting it right, u can't b a flag bearer if u don't run or contest a party primaries, the last I checked, the deputy didn't. So on wat grounds will the deputy of audu be giving the party flag to contest for the supplementary. I truly believe the PDP are playing politics with this statement, though after the partisan AGF refused approaching the Supreme Court for interpretation.
Re: PDP To INEC: Declare Wada As Winner Of Kogi Election by hush15: 6:27pm On Nov 26, 2015
cheesy
femi1410:
Is this man OK??
When u say the Apc has crashed out based on the death of Audu, then what is the purpose of his running mate.
PDP with olisa has the only cure nursing their injury, I guess this people are gonners.

Meanwhile no need for paternity test for this duo

You can pass insults on Metuh for I care, but pls, see through his words. He is right.

One is the candidate started a race. Unfortunately, Faleke did not contest in the primaries as a governorship contestant but Audu and it's too late to start running primaries. If the Candidate didn't finish his race, it's not the fault of anyone. On this case, Audu passed on unfortunately before he could claim his mandate. Automatically, that ends APC there. APC should have gone with a contestant with clean bill of health. The race has to continue without APC. Unfortunately, it's a sad loss for APC but if they truly care bout our democracy, the should display sportsmanship and accept, then wish other contestants in the race better luck. Not fight for everything.

Secondly, The same law that was upheld in Taraba should be the same electoral law in Kogi except Taraba is not in Nigeria. If Taraba is upturned on the basis of individuality knowing full well by pre judicial rulings that the party owns the votes, and the party acknowledges the candidate that won as their consensus candidate, primaries or not, it think should be given to them. APC now is claiming party votes and thus should be allowed to be substituted, in an election that is ongoing.

I would rather advice that INEC conclude the elections as it is now, then APC goes to the court and contest. Not, preempt and put the cart before the horse...
Re: PDP To INEC: Declare Wada As Winner Of Kogi Election by harristo(m): 6:30pm On Nov 26, 2015
femi1410:
Is this man OK??
When u say the Apc has crashed out based on the death of Audu, then what is the purpose of his running mate.
PDP with olisa has the only cure nursing their injury, I guess this people are gonners.

Meanwhile no need for paternity test for this duo

Running mate ke? When APC is not ready to allow the running mate to succeed him, what do you expect PDP to do?
Re: PDP To INEC: Declare Wada As Winner Of Kogi Election by Nobody: 6:32pm On Nov 26, 2015
Follow the Nigerian constitution,stupid. Doesn't PDP know the law?
Re: PDP To INEC: Declare Wada As Winner Of Kogi Election by ldpele(m): 6:33pm On Nov 26, 2015
Ephemmm:

Is it possible for APC to go into an election without a valid candidate? Is it possible for PDP to contest against a ghost before election was duly contested? The worst that can happen is to recognize his deputy as the valid candidate as the office was constitutionally created to caters for the emergencies like this.

For your enlightment, nothing concern AGF on this matter except the case is challenged by the parties involved: judiciary is meant for interpretation of law and you know who is constitutionally empowered when it comes to making law in Nigeria.

Get your fact right.
excuse me! What office are u talking about? The OFFICE OF A DEPUTY PARTY FLAG BEARER, u ain't serious with that analogy my dear. And how will u stay the AGF av nothing to do with this? We are talking about a clear lacuna that the constitution didn't envisage. If e no concern am, why him advice INEC on what to do? U actually need to take a second line of thought.
Re: PDP To INEC: Declare Wada As Winner Of Kogi Election by nobeku: 6:36pm On Nov 26, 2015
Opinedecandid:

Speak in English, slave.
I we Nnukwu Afo ANU na obodo anyi nine`....
Re: PDP To INEC: Declare Wada As Winner Of Kogi Election by nobeku: 6:36pm On Nov 26, 2015
Opinedecandid:

Speak in English, slave.
Iwu Nnukwu Afo ANU na obodo anyi nine`....
Re: PDP To INEC: Declare Wada As Winner Of Kogi Election by pus22: 6:45pm On Nov 26, 2015

sad

[size=28pt]APC can not fill new candidate, dead audu have to finish the election[/size]

1. Missouri Senator Mel Carnahan

Missouri Governor Mel Carnahan famously won election to the Senate in Missouri in 2000 – 38 days after passing away in a plane crash that also claimed the lives of his son and a campaign advisor. Carnahan beat incumbent Senator John Ashcroft - who would soon move on to serve as U.S. Attorney General for President George W. Bush. Carnahan’s wife filled his spot in the Senate until a 2002 special election.

2. Tracy City Mayor Carl Geary

Earlier this year, voters in the small town of Tracy City, Tennessee, handed Carl Geary an overwhelming 285-85 victory in the city’s mayoral race – ousting incumbent Barbara Brock in the process. Geary was unable to accept, of course, because he’d passed away of a heart attack a month before the election.

To some voters, Geary's victory seemed to be a tribute of sorts; to others, it was a lesser-of-two-evils decision. In a Telegraph story on the vote, Geary’s wife Susan is quoted as saying “The day he passed away, people were calling with condolences and saying, 'We're still voting for him.'”

“I knew he was deceased," said another voter. "I know that sounds stupid, but we wanted someone other than [Brock].” Interestingly, Brock had been appointed mayor less than two years earlier, when the sitting mayor died of a heart attack.

3. Winfield Mayor Harry Stonebraker

Missouri voters were at it again in 2009 when the town of Winfield’s recently deceased incumbent mayor Harry Stonebraker won a 4th term with a staggering 90% of the vote. According to the NY Daily News, Stonebraker’s death from a heart attack only seemed to bolster the popularity he’d garnered, in part, by helping citizens recover from a flood that had ravaged the town the year before.

For his part, Stonebraker’s opponent, Bernie Panther, was completely unable to convince people that he was a better option than their dearly-departed hero – and received only 23 total votes as a result.

4. U.S. Representative Patsy Mink

Patsy Mink was a trailblazing politician who served the state of Hawaii for 12 terms in the U.S. House of Representatives. According to the National Women’s Hall of Fame, in 1964 Mink became “the first woman of color elected to the national legislature and the first Asian-American congresswoman.” After a stint serving in the President Carter’s administration and as a member of the Honolulu City Council, Mink returned to the U.S House of Representatives in 1990 – serving until she died of pneumonia weeks before election day in 2002. A few weeks after receiving a state funeral, Mink was honored once again when the voters of Hawaii re-elected her to Congress – a seat that was re-assigned a few months later after a special election.
Re: PDP To INEC: Declare Wada As Winner Of Kogi Election by ayindejimmy(m): 6:48pm On Nov 26, 2015
Now we know who killed Audu

1 Like

Re: PDP To INEC: Declare Wada As Winner Of Kogi Election by raumdeuter: 6:53pm On Nov 26, 2015
Tonyebarcanista

Dem dey call you
Re: PDP To INEC: Declare Wada As Winner Of Kogi Election by Ephemmm: 7:02pm On Nov 26, 2015
ldpele:
excuse me! What office are u talking about? The OFFICE OF A DEPUTY PARTY FLAG BEARER, u ain't serious with that analogy my dear. And how will u stay the AGF av nothing to do with this? We are talking about a clear lacuna that the constitution didn't envisage. If e no concern am, why him advice INEC on what to do? U actually need to take a second line of thought.

Your logic is full of fallacy by even denying what I typed clearly: may be you should go back to my previous post. I told you SGF has nothing to do with this, but remember I told you that SGF can only intervene when parties involved approach the competent court of law?

However, I refers to all Deputy Officers of whether at Federal, state, or local government! INEC recognizes the party registered with him as contestant during election and not as individual personality. It is also ironical that you are so uninformed to the extent that you believe INEC has no legal Unit handling the legal affairs within its jurisdiction.

You need to wake up from your slumber please.
Re: PDP To INEC: Declare Wada As Winner Of Kogi Election by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:03pm On Nov 26, 2015
Wetin make I come do fa?
raumdeuter:
Tonyebarcanista

Dem dey call you
Re: PDP To INEC: Declare Wada As Winner Of Kogi Election by olamieseun(m): 7:10pm On Nov 26, 2015
Jyunus:
I thot Nurse Metu is a lawyer. It is now confirmed that he is a quack lawyer who doesnt know anything.
nurse metuh is jus charge and bail lawyer
Re: PDP To INEC: Declare Wada As Winner Of Kogi Election by raumdeuter: 7:12pm On Nov 26, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Wetin make I come do fa?

Your PDP people say make dem name Wada as winner
Re: PDP To INEC: Declare Wada As Winner Of Kogi Election by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:15pm On Nov 26, 2015
hush15:

But as harsh and stupid it may sound, it is the clear truth. It is a race, only those alive gets to finish it. You don't substitute a player during the race. You don't take from Peter to pay Paul...

All these bending and bending of rules should stop. The Ruling Party can't keep running the country like this, the en will definitely not be good.
APC stood for election with Audu/Faleke as candidates. Metuh has no case

1 Like

Re: PDP To INEC: Declare Wada As Winner Of Kogi Election by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:16pm On Nov 26, 2015
raumdeuter:

Your PDP people say make dem name Wada as winner
That's more like a joke. Wada should go prepare his handover note for incoming Governor Abiodun Faleke

1 Like

Re: PDP To INEC: Declare Wada As Winner Of Kogi Election by samento: 7:21pm On Nov 26, 2015
MightyD:
Nigeria is always a lawnessless tribe.
Oh yes I called them tribe because nowadays nigeria government have neglected the word called (Nation).
Tribe with trabalistic administration.
You have said nothing bros.
Re: PDP To INEC: Declare Wada As Winner Of Kogi Election by Ayatullah(m): 7:25pm On Nov 26, 2015
teeboila:
Lalasticlala come hear o Nurse Metuh is at it again.

METUH FOR ARO MENTAL!

.......and Nurse Metuh has gone crazzzy!
Re: PDP To INEC: Declare Wada As Winner Of Kogi Election by Ayatullah(m): 7:26pm On Nov 26, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

DSS, EFCC Showdown: Buhari Has Lost Control Of His Administration - Senator / 2023: Ifeanyi Araraume Join Labour Party / Latest Nigeria Governorship Election Results In Nigeria Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.