Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,688 members, 7,809,601 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:52 AM

“i’m Kogi’s Governor-elect,” Audu’s Running Mate, James Falake, Writes INEC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “i’m Kogi’s Governor-elect,” Audu’s Running Mate, James Falake, Writes INEC (2124 Views)

Fayose In Certificate Mess.. EFCC Writes INEC / Declare Me Gov-elect, Audu’s Running Mate Writes INEC / Audu's Running Mate, Faleke Writes INEC, Insists He's The Governor-Elect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

“i’m Kogi’s Governor-elect,” Audu’s Running Mate, James Falake, Writes INEC by worlexy(m): 7:20pm On Nov 26, 2015
The running mate to late Abubakar Audu, the
candidate of the All Progressives Congress in
Saturday’s governorship election in Kogi State, has
asked the Independent National Electoral
Commission, INEC, to declare him governor elect.
James Faleke, in a November 26 letter to INEC
Chairman, Mahmood Yakubu, insisted that under
Section 187 of the 1999 Constitution, he was duly
elected as deputy governor of Kogi State.
While expressing sadness over the demise of his
principal, Abubakar Audu, the deputy governorship
candidate said INEC had no right under the law to
declare the election inconclusive.
He accused INEC of deliberately creating what he
called “legal conundrum” and urged the APC not to
be a party to the action.
“In law and logic, no new candidate can inherit or
be a beneficiary of the votes already cast, counted
and declared by INEC before that candidate was
nominated and purportedly sponsored,” Mr. Faleke
wrote through his counsel, Wole Olanipekun.
“Assuming without conceding that INEC is even right
to order a supplementary election, the votes already
cast, counted and declared on Saturday, 25th
November 2015, were votes for the joint
constitutional ticket of Prince Abubakar Audu and
our client.
“Therefore, no new or ‘supplementary’ candidate can
hijack, aggregate, appropriate or inherit the said
votes.”
In another letter to APC Chairman, John Oyegun, Mr.
Faleke urged his party to distance itself from the
“Greek Gift” being offered to it to nominate a new
candidate for a planned supplementary election in 91
polling units.
He said the election had already being won and lost,
and that the party should rather support him in
actualizing the mandate already given to APC and its
candidates.

www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/193972-im-kogis-governor-elect-audus-running-mate-james-falake-writes-inec.html
Re: “i’m Kogi’s Governor-elect,” Audu’s Running Mate, James Falake, Writes INEC by worlexy(m): 7:20pm On Nov 26, 2015
And the drama begins

cc:lalalistical
Re: “i’m Kogi’s Governor-elect,” Audu’s Running Mate, James Falake, Writes INEC by bewla(m): 7:23pm On Nov 26, 2015
let him do God have reason for this
Re: “i’m Kogi’s Governor-elect,” Audu’s Running Mate, James Falake, Writes INEC by worlexy(m): 7:24pm On Nov 26, 2015
bewla:
let him do God have reason for this
Let him do what?
Re: “i’m Kogi’s Governor-elect,” Audu’s Running Mate, James Falake, Writes INEC by dunkem21(m): 7:24pm On Nov 26, 2015
It's barely 3 days that this man kicked the basin and people are already masturbatingg ..

I am beginning to believe that the man's leg was forced to kick ..

.."My ambition is not worth any man's blood" ..
Re: “i’m Kogi’s Governor-elect,” Audu’s Running Mate, James Falake, Writes INEC by Lajet: 7:25pm On Nov 26, 2015
Apc are confused party. a Yoruba man want to be a govonor in a state the are not up to 2% of the population what a joke

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “i’m Kogi’s Governor-elect,” Audu’s Running Mate, James Falake, Writes INEC by adaweezy(m): 7:26pm On Nov 26, 2015
Lalasticala come and see this Joker ooo
Governor Elect ko ....
Audu alone ran in the party primary while his running mate was nominated by him or his party after he emerged victorious at the intra-party election. Meanwhile, for a person to be a candidate of the party under our extant laws, particularly Section 87 of the Electoral Act 2010, as amended, he must have participated in all the stages of the nomination processes. That is, he must have undergone the party primary. Faleke unfortunately did not undergo primary with Audu.

1 Like

Re: “i’m Kogi’s Governor-elect,” Audu’s Running Mate, James Falake, Writes INEC by seunmsg(m): 7:27pm On Nov 26, 2015
Good. He should fight for what belongs to him. All attempt to bring in another candidate at this point in time will be illegal, unfair and immoral. Things must be done right all the time no matter the situation or circumstance. APC leadership better be properly guided.
Re: “i’m Kogi’s Governor-elect,” Audu’s Running Mate, James Falake, Writes INEC by ndcide(m): 7:27pm On Nov 26, 2015
A fresh election is the way out.
Re: “i’m Kogi’s Governor-elect,” Audu’s Running Mate, James Falake, Writes INEC by worlexy(m): 7:29pm On Nov 26, 2015
adaweezy:
Governor Elect ko ....
You can't rule out the fact that APC was able to get such number of votes due to Faleke's influence too, not only Audu's. Faleke should not be short changed!
Re: “i’m Kogi’s Governor-elect,” Audu’s Running Mate, James Falake, Writes INEC by ShowYourCertificate: 7:32pm On Nov 26, 2015
This is getting more and more interesting
Re: “i’m Kogi’s Governor-elect,” Audu’s Running Mate, James Falake, Writes INEC by GBADEYZ: 7:33pm On Nov 26, 2015
this man no just get luck if Audu had died few weeks from now he would have been the governor automatically without any law court,lobbying or primary
Re: “i’m Kogi’s Governor-elect,” Audu’s Running Mate, James Falake, Writes INEC by baby124: 7:38pm On Nov 26, 2015
Very good. Demand your right. God has anointed and appointed you. Same way they claimed for GEJ
Re: “i’m Kogi’s Governor-elect,” Audu’s Running Mate, James Falake, Writes INEC by suxkill: 7:39pm On Nov 26, 2015
Hahahaha!!!

Game of throne!!!

Season............

APC =dubious party!!!
Re: “i’m Kogi’s Governor-elect,” Audu’s Running Mate, James Falake, Writes INEC by adaweezy(m): 7:40pm On Nov 26, 2015
worlexy:
You can't rule out the fact that APC was able to get such number of votes due to Faleke's influence too, not only Audu's. Faleke should not be short changed!
Faleke would remain Deputy governor
Re: “i’m Kogi’s Governor-elect,” Audu’s Running Mate, James Falake, Writes INEC by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:42pm On Nov 26, 2015
Yes, Hon James Faleke, you are the Incoming Governor of Kogi state whether any cabal like it or not. The law is behind you! But DON'T fail your people..
Re: “i’m Kogi’s Governor-elect,” Audu’s Running Mate, James Falake, Writes INEC by PassingShot(m): 7:42pm On Nov 26, 2015
Lost battle. You have not been elected. How could you have been elected in an election declared inconclusive?
Re: “i’m Kogi’s Governor-elect,” Audu’s Running Mate, James Falake, Writes INEC by Chubhie: 7:42pm On Nov 26, 2015
Naija politics!
Re: “i’m Kogi’s Governor-elect,” Audu’s Running Mate, James Falake, Writes INEC by donphilopus: 7:52pm On Nov 26, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Yes, Hon James Faleke, you are the Incoming Governor of Kogi state whether any cabal like it or not. The law is behind you! But DON'T fail your people..

The e-Supreme Court Justice has spoken.
Re: “i’m Kogi’s Governor-elect,” Audu’s Running Mate, James Falake, Writes INEC by donphilopus: 7:58pm On Nov 26, 2015
PassingShot:
Lost battle. You have not been elected. How could you have been elected in an election declared inconclusive?

God bless you. Unfortunately, TonyeBarcanista has made himself the e-Chairman of INEC and the e-Justice of the Supreme Court. The Election has not been concluded. No winner has emerged. Hadn't been Audu was declared the Governor of the polls before he gave up, this man would have since been the Governor-elect. They are still in the process of Election.

It would have been fair for APC to replace its Candidate with Yahaya Bello. But I heard of his anti-party activities. So I don't think APC would risk having such person as its Candidate. If they try it, a little misunderstand and he would defect to PDP.
Re: “i’m Kogi’s Governor-elect,” Audu’s Running Mate, James Falake, Writes INEC by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:01pm On Nov 26, 2015
donphilopus:

The e-Supreme Court Justice has spoken.
grin grin grin
Re: “i’m Kogi’s Governor-elect,” Audu’s Running Mate, James Falake, Writes INEC by bewla(m): 8:02pm On Nov 26, 2015
worlexy:
Let him do what?
Let him go on to contest if there will be re-election

Faleke is a nice man

he was two time chairman of development council in ojodu in Lagos

and he did fine and open handed to people of the area

maybe God wont to use him to bless the people and kogi in general

1 Like

Re: “i’m Kogi’s Governor-elect,” Audu’s Running Mate, James Falake, Writes INEC by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:08pm On Nov 26, 2015
donphilopus:

God bless you. Unfortunately, TonyeBarcanista has made himself the e-Chairman of INEC and the e-Justice of the Supreme Court. The Election has not been concluded. No winner has emerged. Hadn't been Audu was declared the Governor of the polls before he gave up, this man would have since been the Governor-elect. They are still in the process of Election.

It would have been fair for APC to replace its Candidate with Yahaya Bello. But I heard of his anti-party activities. So I don't think APC would risk having such person as its Candidate. If they try it, a little misunderstand and he would defect to PDP.
You can shout all you like but can you place a bet on this? James Faleke is technically the Governor-elect of Kogi state. Nigerians are behind him! This right of ethnic minorities can't be allowed to be trampled on the altar of political consideration
Re: “i’m Kogi’s Governor-elect,” Audu’s Running Mate, James Falake, Writes INEC by Rukkydelta(f): 8:11pm On Nov 26, 2015
Coughs.......
Re: “i’m Kogi’s Governor-elect,” Audu’s Running Mate, James Falake, Writes INEC by donphilopus: 8:18pm On Nov 26, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

You can shout all you like but can you place a bet on this? James Faleke is technically the Governor-elect of Kogi state. Nigerians are behind him! This right of ethnic minorities can't be allowed to be trampled on the altar of political consideration

Nigerians must not be behind him before his made the 'duly-elected' Governor. Let due processes be followed. There's no room for a dead Candidate who's probably leading in an inconclusive Election in the Constitution or Electoral Acts. We are just saying our own for now.
Re: “i’m Kogi’s Governor-elect,” Audu’s Running Mate, James Falake, Writes INEC by omowolewa: 8:27pm On Nov 26, 2015
Yes o!

First is that the votes for APC are votes for both Audu and Faleke. Like a Siamese both are not separable.

Also, by Audu's choice of Faleke, he has chosen/accepted him as his next of kin in case of his incapacitated/death which actually occured. The right of such next of kin has been established immediately his name was submitted as a running mate to APC aspirant.

This next of kin right was accepted by all party faithful without objection. Why will APC change the will of the deceased/party on the alter of tribalism and religion.

Okay, there is a process for primaries, this stipulates inter alia when and how the names of contestant should be submitted to INEC at each milestone. Its no brainier, two days are not enough for the process (except for ductrine of necessity).

Taking the second best candidate of the last APC primary will also be alien to Nigerian constitution and electoral guidelines.

No doubt, all votes were counted for APC and not Audu, but care must be taken not to miss it.

The law favors Faleke than any other person. A little mistake by APC will see the tide swing to cancellation of the election (very likely) or PDP taking the day.
Re: “i’m Kogi’s Governor-elect,” Audu’s Running Mate, James Falake, Writes INEC by Alphaoscar: 8:31pm On Nov 26, 2015
adaweezy:
Governor Elect ko ....
Audu alone ran in the party primary while his running mate was nominated by him or his party after he emerged victorious at the intra-party election. Meanwhile, for a person to be a candidate of the party under our extant laws, particularly Section 87 of the Electoral Act 2010, as amended, he must have participated in all the stages of the nomination processes. That is, he must have undergone the party primary. Faleke unfortunately did not undergo primary with Audu.

You are taking this thing too personal bro. he have a good case and I expect you to first look at the ground at which he want himself to be declared as the winner before abusing him. INEC shouldn't have declared the election inconclusive in the first instance and it will be a great disservice to all loyal party men and women who toiled day and night for the party throughout the campaign period for someone that refused to accept the result of the primary and is still contesting the result of the primary to reap where he never sow.

Yahaya Bello flying the party flag will be a double slap on the soul of Audu if someone that fought him to the grave should be the chief beneficiary of his hussle.
Re: “i’m Kogi’s Governor-elect,” Audu’s Running Mate, James Falake, Writes INEC by worlexy(m): 8:50pm On Nov 26, 2015
adaweezy:

Faleke would remain Deputy governor
Hahaha. Why can't he be the governor?
Re: “i’m Kogi’s Governor-elect,” Audu’s Running Mate, James Falake, Writes INEC by Nobody: 9:30pm On Nov 26, 2015
That was why Tinubu and Falake poisoned him. To make a yoruba man the governor of kogi state.

People of kogi will regret it if falake ever becomes their governor.

The people of kogi should unit irrespective of party affiliation to reject this yoruba conspiracy against them.
Re: “i’m Kogi’s Governor-elect,” Audu’s Running Mate, James Falake, Writes INEC by adaweezy(m): 9:41pm On Nov 26, 2015
worlexy:
Hahaha. Why can't he be the governor?

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Conversation With A Ghanaian On The "Clueless" Policies Of Our Government(s) / NASS And Buhari Clash Over Islamic Coalition / LIST: Only 10 States Are Not Owing Workers Salary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.