Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,011 members, 7,845,271 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

Breaking News- Biafran Flags Now In Lagos (video) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News- Biafran Flags Now In Lagos (video) (9424 Views)

Breaking News : Biafran Agitators Granted Referendum By The US (VIDEO) / Doyin Okupe: Wept, Saw Hopelessness When IPOB Members Were Waving Biafran Flags / BREAKING NEWS!!!! Biafran Pound As A Legal Tender In West Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News- Biafran Flags Now In Lagos (video) by coolscott(m): 3:01pm On Nov 27, 2015
Standing5:
The GEJ tactics of using Biafra to simulate chaos isn't working. How come its only the paid GEJ die hards that are interested in this Biafra 'issue' most? FFK, The 40-laptop crew, and the whole GEJ faction of PDP? Probes must continue.

[size=13pt]They supported GEJ because he was SS just because it made them feel a sense of power (by proxy).
Since GEJ came from the SS, they adopted him as their own. They liked the idea of him being accepted as
Nigerian president as a precursor to Nigerians accepting the idea of an Igbo man as a president because believe it or not,
they already know how unattractive an Igbo man as a presidential candidate is to the generality of the Nigerian populace.

So GEJ loosing the election the way he did (when they wanted him to win) just infuriated them.
Believe it or not, they firmly believed that after GEJ, it would be an Igbo man in 2019. Now we all know that was not going to happen but believe me, it was a very tangible hope to them. So GEJ losing the way he did
impressed in their minds that there was no hope for this hoped acceptance of a president of Igbo extraction.
This happened to them in both a conscious and subconscious level.

There is hardly any election season in which agitations for Biafra and for an Igbo presidency do not increase together.
Oh yes, if GEJ had not lost they would not be protesting now. But the implication of his loss was more devastating to
their political calculations than to any other group of people. That is why they are even more grieved than the south-south
whose son actually lost the elections.

Remember the typical Igbo man's mind politically is "Give us Biafra or the Presidency". They are not really committed to the Nigerian project unless they are becoming president and if it is looking like they are not, they sing Biafran songs.

I am Ijaw from Rivers State

[/size]
Re: Breaking News- Biafran Flags Now In Lagos (video) by Nobody: 3:19pm On Nov 27, 2015
palladin:
Stupidity is when you register for the Nigerian BVN then come online to shout Biafra.

Foolishness is when you live and work in Lagos and you're clamoring for Biafra

Madness is when you do the two mentioned above.

Stupidity is when you nationalize in other countries and keep shouting one Nigeria.
Foolishnes in when all your family member sleeps on empty stomach and wake up the next môrning clamoring for one Nigeria.

Madness is when the Zoo police slaps and humilates you on you right and you continue to shout 'Police is your friend'.

Finally, baasztard is when your mother is confused as to whom among all the under-the-bridge drivers and conductors is your father.
Re: Breaking News- Biafran Flags Now In Lagos (video) by Nobody: 3:26pm On Nov 27, 2015
coolscott:

[size=13pt]They supported GEJ because he was SS just because it made them feel a sense of power (by proxy).
Since GEJ came from the SS, they adopted him as their own. They liked the idea or him being accepted as
Nigerian president as a precursor to Nigerians accepting the idea of an Igbo man as a president because believe it or not,
they already know how unattractive an Igbo man as a presidential candidate is to the generality of the Nigerian populace.

So GEJ loosing the election the way he did (when they wanted him to win) just infuriated them.
Believe it or not, they firmly believed that after GEJ, it would be an Igbo man in 2019. Now we all know that was not going to happen but believe me, it was a very tangible hope to them. So GEJ losing the way he did
impressed in their minds that there was no hope for this hoped acceptance of a president of Igbo extraction.
This happened to them in both a conscious and subconscious level.

There is hardly any election season in which agitations for Biafra and an Igbo presidency does not increase together.
Oh yes, if GEJ had not lost they would not be protesting now. But the implication of his loss was more devastating to
their political calculations than to any other group of people. That is why they are even more grieved than the south-south
whose son actually lost the elections.

Remember the typical Igbo man's mind politically is "Give us Biafra or the Presidency". They are not really committed to the Nigerian project unless they are becoming president and if it is looking like they are not, they sing Biafran songs.

I am Ijaw from Rivers State

[/size]

Clap for yourself...at least you attended Nursery school, but whether you graduated is a story for another season.

You could have concluded without shaming Ijaw people like this,'I am Ijaw from River State'.

One tonyebacanista would be like cheesy cheesy undecided with your last sentence.
Re: Breaking News- Biafran Flags Now In Lagos (video) by Longeria(m): 3:43pm On Nov 27, 2015
Rollingdice:
ON THE BIAFRAN BROUHAHA…
I have watched with keen interest the
brouhaha generated by the call for
secession by the “Biafran people”.
Some days back, I saw a picture of some
South Sudanese eating grass as food (I do
not have empirical evidence whether it is
true or not). One thing immediately struck
me. Some years back, when the agitation
for the creation of South Sudan was at the
peak, we all thought that by now, South
Sudan will be in a state of
“oyunua”(wonderment), especially because
of the abundance of oil. Alas, we all know
the true story. No sooner had they
achieved independence that they
remembered that they were not only South
Sudanese but belong to diverse tribes.
Today, the newest African country is
involved in a state of “wadoghe” and “filaga
filogo”(apologies to Hon. Patrick
Obahiagbon).
Today, all the promises the nascent nation
once held are no longer there. There is no
more Omar Al-Bashir to blame for their
calamity. Every mallam is now with his
kettle.
Similarly, in the build-up to our
independence, Ahmadu Bello, Obafemi
Awolowo, Nnamdi Azikiwe and Abubakar
Tafewa Balewa were ALL Nigerians, they
were not Ibos, hausas, yorubas etc.
Immediately we became a nation, everyone
suddenly rem remembered his tribe.
For those who have studied the BH
phenomenon, you will discover that one of
the factors that aided the acceptance of the
sect in the north=east is what I call the
“gbogbonise effect”. This is the belief that
should Sharia’h law become implemented,
then most of the problems would
automatically die a natural death.
Methinks it is the same factor driving the
quest for Biafra- the belief that if Biafra
secedes, all the problems facing the igbo
people will automatically vanish. Fa-fa-fa-
foul!!! So, the Aguleri man and the Umuleri
man will suddenly become chums? The
Abia/Imo mnn will permit his child to
marry from Enugu/Anambra?
Ask the igbo man what his problem is and
he will tell you he is suffering
“marginalisation”. I laugh whenever I hear
this. You want to know what
marginalisation is? Let me tell you. The
Idoma man hails from Benue state, but can
never dream of governing the state. Same
for the Igbirra man, the Irigwe man, the
Akoko-Edo, the Ogoni man cannot dream
of ruling Kogi, Plateau, Edo and Rivers
states respectively. And you talk of
marginalisation? Which tribe is not being
marginalised? Some tribes have not gotten
as much as a special adviser in their state
not to talk of Commissioner or minister.
Therefore, your cry of marginalisation is
not peculiar to your tribe alone. Besides,
who said access to political appointment is
a sine qua non to the development of an
ethnic group? By now, the north would be
a paradise of some sort. A state like Ogun
would have been a paradise having had
their son rule the nation for over eleven
years, minus other appointments that may
have been made from the state. The idea
that once Biafra is attained, everything will
be transformed is nothing but laughable.
When you bicker about how the federal
government has treated your region, what
have you done to your governors and local
government chairmen? Are you not the
same people who have consistently elected
a clown like Rochas, and inefficient
governors like Ikedi Ohakim or T.A. Orji?
The igboman should stop blaming every
other person for his woes. I do not think I
would be wrong if I say the south-east has
the worst network of roads as a region
(perhaps, excluding Enugu state). Have the
governors done anything to fix these
roads? Just in case you do not know, some
state government have been fixing federal
roads.
Truth be told, the igbos as we speak hold
the economy of this nation in their hands.
They control almost all the business
ventures in Nigeria. Go to any state
nationwide and remove the Ibo investment
and see what happens to that state. One
time the ibos closed shops in protest over
a member of theirs who got killed, the town
got grounded. That is how powerful they
are economically.
The question that needs to be asked is, why
does the Ibo man find it more convenient
to invest outside the South-east that at
home? I have met some ibo people who
told me they will rather remain in the north
than return home, because they do not
want to be killed in their primes. As we
speak, more people are still coming to the
north from the east.
For the igbos, I would recommend what
Ichie Benjamin Amaechi would call
“economic Biafra”. This refers to the
economic development of the South-east.
The Igbos should invest more at home and
develop the region, rather than being cry-
babies shouting “marginalisation” and
“secession”. Imagine if Aba were to be a big
manufacturing hub like Guangzhou in
China and Onitsha a huge market hub,
Imagine if Ndigbo built more industries at
home, rather than abroad or outside the
region. Take a cue from the Jews. They are
hardly interested in governing America but
because of their economic powers, they
play a critical role in who governs America.
I stand to be corrected but I think Joe
Liebermann is the only Jew I know to have
sought a high-ranking office (and he even
ran as vice-president. Yet, the Jews control
almost every facet of the country’s life. That
is why the USA will are not take any step
inimical to the interest of the Jews in the
Middle East. Dem wan die?
Another interesting factor is how the
proponents abuse every other person
(including Ibos) who does not buy their
ideologies. They keep referring to Scotland
and Cataluna. While the Scots were going
about the referendum for independence, I
never heard them refer to the Unite
Kingdom as a “zoo”. Neither did they abuse
the Welsh, English or Northern Irish. They
went about it maturely and in a civilised
manner, till they got what they wanted. I
never heard the Catalans blames or insult
the Basques or threatened them. They went
about it till they got what they wanted.
Here, the Biafran agitators would insult the
yorubas, the hausas and everyone and
blame everyone minus themselves for their
woes
One other funny thing I must say that most
of the people carrying the matter on their
heads are people who would probably not
have a total net-worth of u-p to a hundred
thousand naira an some who still feel
pained that the man they supported in the
last elections (who has moved on with his
life) lost the election.
The part I do not understand is how they
want to co-opt the south-south by fire, by
force into their Biafra. Ojukwu did it in
1967, running away to Ivory Coast when the
heat became too much and left Phillip
Effiong, a S/Southerner to do the job of
handing over, only to return years later,
when they smoke had settled. Nnamdi Kanu
is in the UK, enjoying all the good things of
life because there is a government that
works am you who do not have up to
N5,000 in your pocket, you are joining him
to make noise about war and succession? I
pity you. I have witnessed a little bit of
crisis in Jos an I do not need a dibia to tell
me that war is a more horrible situation
that must be avoided at all cost. Try and
watch Al-Jazeera, CNN. Fox CCTV and other
international stations and see what was
does to a nation. Even those wey bi say
when dem dey school, frat men show
hostel, dem go enter under bed still join
dey make mouth say they are ready for
war.
Dem dey count meat for soup, “kpomo” sef
dey raise muscle. Dem dey count animals
with horns, Snail go mark register (Albert
Einstein, 2005)
Assuming without conceding (Go forbids!!!)
that it happens, so na Nnamdi Kanu go be
una “Onye-isi?
If succession must be done, it should be
one in line with internationally agreed ways
of so doing, and not to threaten violence
and insult people
Meanwhile, those wey come dey lament say
FG no give dem job, yet call Nigeria a zoo,
una case ehn Amadioha still dey research
wetin im go d o to una.
Una ndooooo!!!!
As an aside, why has Nnanmdi Kanu not
been able to meet his bail conditions? So,
no Igbo man can come forward to be a
surety? Also, why are the Igbo elites not
expressing support for the Biafran cause?

Souce: https://mobile.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10153809984159736&id=805874735&refid=17&_ft_=top_level_post_id.10153410686922600%3Atl_objid.10153410686922600%3Athid.772472599%3A306061129499414%3A2%3A0%3A1448956799%3A-581189169462651002&__tn__=%2As

BLA BLA BLA BLA.
Re: Breaking News- Biafran Flags Now In Lagos (video) by Longeria(m): 3:56pm On Nov 27, 2015
laudate:

Ò ̣ bù ̣etu à kà o bēlụ? Must everybody agree with you?? Must you force your opinion down everybody's throat? Must every Igbo man want Biafra, when he can decide to choose America, Germany, Ireland or anywhere else as his own country?? Please, live and let live. [b] Egbe bèlụ ùgò bèlụ ǹke sịlị ibè ya ebènà ǹkù kwaa yā! [/by

For your mind, you've written Igbo language?
Mtcheeeewww.
Re: Breaking News- Biafran Flags Now In Lagos (video) by Whynotthetruth(m): 5:13pm On Nov 27, 2015
laudate:

Ò ̣ bù ̣etu à kà o bēlụ? Must everybody agree with you?? Must you force your opinion down everybody's throat? Must every Igbo man want Biafra, when he can decide to choose America, Germany, Ireland or anywhere else as his own country?? Please, live and let live. Egbe bèlụ ùgò bèlụ ǹke sịlị ibè ya ebènà ǹkù kwaa yā!

Smh...Isn't this your sermon meant for him? NOBODY is forcing or begging anybody... but he shouldn't insult others who disagree with him...Why call freedom fighters street urchins? who told him he's better off?...Did anybody ask him if he's Igbo or not?...Good you're learning to write Igbo ...jisi ike na-amu ya cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News- Biafran Flags Now In Lagos (video) by Nobody: 6:01pm On Nov 27, 2015
nwanlecha:

Firstly you need to go look up the definition of a street urchin, 'cus I doubt you know what it means.
Secondly, that the man is a Keke driver does not mean he is probably not smarter than Bill Gate. You don't know why he is in this present condition, but the fact still remains that he is making an honest living and is in no way a street urchin. At least, he is bold enough to stand up for what he believes in and is doing his own part to create awareness about Biafra. While you that claims to be 'sophisticated' is jumping around telling us of how Igbo you are, yet you've done nothing to help promote the Igbo cause.
I've noticed that people who look down on others are usually not better than those they are looking down on. Marinate on that!
The igbo people giving u likes, do u realise they are on Nairaland(made by a Yoruba dude) and cannot do without it?

do u know most of them live and make ends meet in South west, SS and North?

Do u knw some of them are employed by d zoo?

My point is dat..is people like you dat causes problem 4 other igbo people due to ur low self esteem.

How many known igbo in Lagos or south west have u seen clamouring 4 Biafra?

Sister go and get a job okay and dont bring another massacre on Innocent igbos.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breaking News- Biafran Flags Now In Lagos (video) by Nobody: 10:13pm On Nov 27, 2015
Onijagidijagan:

The igbo people giving u likes, do u realise they are on Nairaland(made by a Yoruba dude) and cannot do
without it?

Do you realize that Yoruba people are also on Linda Ikeji blog? Do you also realize that the Igbo people are feeding your Yoruba brother by bringing traffic to his site? Heck, do you realize you wouldn't even be using the Internet today if not for the ingenuity of an Igbo man, Philip Emegwali and the other white scientists who invented the Internet?

do u know most of them live and make ends meet in South west, SS and North?
Do u knw some of them are employed by d zoo?

Do you know that there are so many of your brothers eking our a living in Biafra land as herbal medicine sellers, tailors, and masons? Do you know that the oil money being used to feed you Nigerians is coming from Biafra land? Do you know that the oil companies in Biafra land employ most of your people who would have otherwise been petty Cocoa or groundnut farmers?

My point is dat..is people like you dat causes problem 4 other igbo people due to ur low self esteem.

Kindly explain what says that I have low self esteem from my comments?

How many known igbo in Lagos or south west have u seen clamouring 4 Biafra?

Ndị Igbo in first World countries like America, and UK have been very vocal about Biafra, and you expect me to be more concerned about Igbo leaders residing in backward SW, which is part of the zoo called Nigeria? What insolence!

Sister go and get a job okay and dont bring another massacre on Innocent igbos.

Why should there be a massacre of my people simply because we do not want to remain your compatriots? Are you Nigerians blood thirsty animals?

Re: Breaking News- Biafran Flags Now In Lagos (video) by Nobody: 10:22pm On Nov 27, 2015
I am a Biafran! Is it by force to be a Nigerian?

vichaz10:

so u're already counting yourself as a biafran,I trust PMB,u people will soon surrender.
Re: Breaking News- Biafran Flags Now In Lagos (video) by Nobody: 10:24pm On Nov 27, 2015
laudate:

If he loves Biafra so much, why isn't he in Ala Igbo earning his living there?? Why did he come to Lagos?? shocked

He was forced by Nigeria, to be a Nigerian that's why.

Re: Breaking News- Biafran Flags Now In Lagos (video) by laudate: 10:46pm On Nov 27, 2015
Longeria:

For your mind, you've written Igbo language?
Mtcheeeewww.

Another deluded person. For your mind, you think the words are Greek, not so??
Re: Breaking News- Biafran Flags Now In Lagos (video) by laudate: 10:47pm On Nov 27, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Smh...Isn't this your sermon meant for him? NOBODY is forcing or begging anybody... but he shouldn't insult others who disagree with him...Why call freedom fighters street urchins? who told him he's better off?...Did anybody ask him if he's Igbo or not?...Good you're learning to write Igbo ...jisi ike na-amu ya cheesy

And you think it is by insulting him back, that he would then support your cause? Clap for yourself. undecided
Re: Breaking News- Biafran Flags Now In Lagos (video) by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:48pm On Nov 27, 2015
laudate:

And you think it is by insulting him back, that he would then support your cause? Clap for yourself. undecided

Oga abeg leave me alone...English dey hard u? Did you see me campaigning for him to accept or buy into Biafra dream?...I only reprimanded him based on what he said...thanks

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Prolonged Petrol Scarcity Is Scandalous / Okorocha Not True Igbo Leader, Says Massob / President BUHARI’S Car And Our Stupidity As Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.