Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,774 members, 7,831,491 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

Education Beyond Certificate - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Education Beyond Certificate (14816 Views)

"Education Beyond Certificate" - A Book By Mr Genius / Education Beyond Certificate / Education Beyond Certificate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Education Beyond Certificate by Beingunique(f): 8:30am On Nov 27, 2015
This is a message that should he posted on all social networks. Nowadays, education has gone beyond just acquisition of certificate to get good job....because of you get education with that mind set then you will be disappointed because you will be disappointed in this Nigerian Economy
Re: Education Beyond Certificate by kenendo55(m): 8:32am On Nov 27, 2015
Dats true,,,,,
Re: Education Beyond Certificate by asatemple(f): 8:35am On Nov 27, 2015
You're on POINT
Re: Education Beyond Certificate by MattChidi(m): 8:36am On Nov 27, 2015
A good Advice for those that have ears...
Re: Education Beyond Certificate by DeRay98(m): 8:37am On Nov 27, 2015
For many decades, Govt was the biggest employer of labour and certificate was the only requirement to access juicy govt jobs. But events and economic realities have changed things but people are stuck in the certificate mentality. Our higher institutions are not helping matters. With govt appointing square pegs in round holes as Education ministers our education policies are myopic. As things are going now only skill young people will survive and only by their skills. Politicians no get una time oh

1 Like

Re: Education Beyond Certificate by Nobody: 8:38am On Nov 27, 2015
Kkkkkkkkkk
Re: Education Beyond Certificate by Nobody: 8:39am On Nov 27, 2015
menzo4u:

Checkout most of the world's richest people today, they are mostly school dropouts
. Do you think they are not educated because they are school dropouts? Far from it! They are really educated in their own ways, they simply decided to build their own dreams rather than allow themselves to be hired by other people to builld theirs.

How did you reach this conclusion that dropouts make up the world's richest? That's untrue. Generally, entrepreneurs who go to college usually out-earn entrepreneurs without a college education. You also have to wonder why so called entrepreneur "dropouts" like to go to the best schools to pick the best students.
Re: Education Beyond Certificate by kevoh(m): 8:43am On Nov 27, 2015
Finally, another real thread makes front page not all does silly threads with lists they usually churn out from romance section.
Re: Education Beyond Certificate by nattyok(f): 8:43am On Nov 27, 2015
nice one
Re: Education Beyond Certificate by Nobody: 8:49am On Nov 27, 2015
menzo4u:
EDUCATION BEYOND CERTIFICATE::::

It is hightime we gave another definition to the term "education". To some people, education borders on going to school, acquiring degrees and working for a company to earn a salary at the end of the month.

My dear readers, education goes beyond acquiring certificate, "we must redefine education"....

Education teaches you about how to make rules, break rules, and challenge an ongoing trend, school teaches you about how to follow rules, live by the rules, and live an ongoing trend unchallenged, thereby limiting that power of creativity in you.

Have you witnessed a scenerio whereby you asked a Maths lecturer about how he arrived at a certain formula, and he tells you "that is how it is done"?, and mind you, if you do anything contrary...you FAIL his exam, therefore you must follow the rules.

A truly educated man is he who has developed the faculties of his mind to follow his passion, find solutions where there are problems without following the rules, but creates his own ways through his deep imagination to achieve his dreams.

Checkout most of the world's richest people today, they are mostly school dropouts. Do you think they are not educated because they are school dropouts? Far from it! They are really educated in their own ways, they simply decided to build their own dreams rather than allow themselves to be hired by other people to builld theirs.

So many people spend their precious years in school only to end up acquiring cerificate NOT education.

Examples of these people include:

1) * People who don't practise what they learn in school before graduation.

As a student of Computer Science, how many codes have you written that worked? Have you been able to (in reality) write a program that solves the problem of an organisation?

As a student of Business Administration, how many businesses have you started? How many times have you exprienced failiure in business, and rise again?

So, are you putting what you are learning in school into practice?

The school will not give or teach you these orientation but education will.

2)*People who have no SKILLS...successful people don't depend on the government of their country to provide jobs for them. A truly educated person has skills, an uneducated fellow can only boast of his certificate without any skills to back it up.

True education lies in the abilty to solve problems with the skills you possess.....what are you waiting for? STAND UP NOW, do not procrastinate, learn a skill you are passionate about.

What am I advocating?
This writeup is not in anyway articulated to undermine the importance of schooling...Going to school is very important but our mindset about school is what we are advised to change.

TRUE EDUCATION PREPARES YOU TO SURVIVE WITHOUT YOUR CERTIFICATE.

As written by Genius (menzo4u)
#iWRITE2INSPIRE

Dedicated to all Nigerian students

Lalasticlala let's inspire Nigerian students together

How do we get capital?
For how many years now, I have pleaded, begged, been used by different people, bro, I have suffered.
These days I am filled with hate, I don't know what exactly is keeping me from doing crime.
Sometimes it's easier said bro, I swear.

1 Like

Re: Education Beyond Certificate by GodMode: 8:49am On Nov 27, 2015
Beingunique:
This is a message that should he posted on all social networks. Nowadays, education has gone beyond just acquisition of certificate to get good job....because of you get education with that mind set then you will be disappointed because you will be disappointed in this Nigerian Economy

You're missing the point.

Schooling is not education its a means to get a certificate...

Education is a never ending process.. It goes beyond certificates..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Education Beyond Certificate by Joejonah(m): 8:50am On Nov 27, 2015
[quote]

Education teaches you about how to make rules, break rules, and challenge an ongoing trend, school teaches you about how to follow rules, live by the rules, and live an ongoing trend unchallenged, thereby limiting that power of creativity in you. [quote]

Does it mean that buhari lack all these since he is not educated? ?
Re: Education Beyond Certificate by Ediss(m): 8:52am On Nov 27, 2015
Education is simply the function of a cultural matrix. Cultural matrix in my on definition deals with the philosophical values, skill, modalities and morals that is suppose to be handles down to its culture barbarian (the learner). It gose more than literacy, formal and informal school. Infact it is the ability or necessity for buhari to produce his certificate and meet up with his political promises. Education also look at the case of the Senate president and other ills of the political class. Hahahahhahhahahahah

1 Like

Re: Education Beyond Certificate by Nobody: 8:56am On Nov 27, 2015
This entire post will be useless to you if you don't have an end goal and/or the motivation to pursue it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Education Beyond Certificate by InvertedHammer: 9:04am On Nov 27, 2015
free2ryhme:
In western world if you don't have degrees and certificates you wont be taken serious

define it all you want the truth is that is the system and how it sustain itself
/
False!

Bill Gates and Zuckerberg have no degrees.

Most of the Hollywood actors and actresses have no degrees.

Western world pay close attention to degrees only in professional fields. Otherwise, experience comes first...someone who can get the job done and not a talking ahead.
/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Education Beyond Certificate by Chukzyfcb(m): 9:06am On Nov 27, 2015
I'll choose the words of suli breaks whom I'v learnt from
**************************************.George bush says: "Education is about Inspiring ones mind and not just filling their head". Its not just regurgitating facts from a book or someones opinion to passing exams.
****************************************lets look at it; Picasso was EDUCATED in Creative art, Cornell sanders was EDUCATED in creating Kentucky fried chicken. Shakespear was educated in what that was written. David Beckham was EDUCATED in the art of taking Freekicks on the football pitch.
**************************************** Redefine how you view education , Understand its TRUE MEANING
#Proverbs 17:16: it does a fool no good to spend money on Education, why? Because he has no common sense.
Re: Education Beyond Certificate by Sholonzo: 9:09am On Nov 27, 2015
Nice one. More power to ur elbow.
Re: Education Beyond Certificate by lookingfly: 9:14am On Nov 27, 2015
ignis:
Directionless Article.
........And this one is blind undecided
Re: Education Beyond Certificate by ruffyola(m): 9:21am On Nov 27, 2015
ignis:
Directionless Article.
i no go tok , cos e be lyk say u still dey bed.
Re: Education Beyond Certificate by free2ryhme: 9:21am On Nov 27, 2015
InvertedHammer:

/
False!

Bill Gates and Zuckerberg have no degrees.

Most of the Hollywood actors and actresses have no degrees.

Western world pay close attention to degrees only in professional fields. Otherwise, experience comes first...someone who can get the job done and not a talking ahead.
/

why you dey deceive yourselves go to Wikipedia and get updated
Re: Education Beyond Certificate by jessetom(m): 9:26am On Nov 27, 2015
Nice write up. But I think the OP is a little short-sighted. #no_offence
Re: Education Beyond Certificate by Chukzyfcb(m): 9:26am On Nov 27, 2015
If as a student, you were asked to draw a cup in class. And you drew what I'v in option "A". You'll most likely have 0/10 that's because examiners forget it depends @ the angle you look at the cup................................. Although school claim to expands ur horizons and visions yet they will put you in a box. See pics below for better understanding.

Re: Education Beyond Certificate by Cholls(m): 9:26am On Nov 27, 2015
free2ryhme:
In western world if you don't have degrees and certificates you wont be taken serious

define it all you want the truth is that is the system and how it sustain itself
my brother you know why it's like that in the western world. It's because, they made it easy and accessible for their citizen even the poor to aquire a degree. Please my brother tell the african leaders to think.
Re: Education Beyond Certificate by menzo4u: 9:26am On Nov 27, 2015
YesIam:

How do we get capital?
For how many years now, I have pleaded, begged, been used by different people, bro, I have suffered.
These days I am filled with hate, I don't know what exactly is keeping me from doing crime.
I understand the irony in your post bros, but sincerely speaking, have you tried learning any skills?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Education Beyond Certificate by saintneo(m): 9:28am On Nov 27, 2015
menzo4u
nice write up mate. And I am in love with your quote below.
A truly educated man is he who has developed the faculties of his mind to follow his passion, find solutions where there are problems without following the rules, but creates his own ways through his deep imagination to achieve his dreams.
However, let the truth be told most managers/bosses in most organisations don't like people with your view .... my view. I have gotten into trouble many times because I refused to play by their rules.

People with this mentality can only function as entreprenuers or as change makers in established organisations.

Furthermore, I like the joke about maths lecturer. I have always loved mathematics and I did well at it; however, I must give credit to my SS2 & SS3 maths teacher. He instilled in me the confidence that I have in the subject. What am I driving at in this? School is good, however a lot needs to be done by teachers & lecturers to make their students grow with imagination.

Education without imagination produces certificate bearing individuals.

Education with imagination produces Champions.
Re: Education Beyond Certificate by menzo4u: 9:28am On Nov 27, 2015
jessetom:
Nice write up. But I think the OP is a little short-sighted.
#no_offence
Short-sighted in what sense please? I am always ready to learn from constructive criticism.
Re: Education Beyond Certificate by Sasuwa(f): 9:32am On Nov 27, 2015
@op education and schoolin means the same thing in developed countries. Only in nigeria that it is different.
Nigerian education has to reviewed.
Re: Education Beyond Certificate by Nobody: 9:34am On Nov 27, 2015
free2ryhme:
don't let anyone deceive you with sweet talk and motivational speech

get the degrees work on advancing beyond your current level. out there is heavy competition

How many degree dangote get, Carlos slim or bill gate...?
Re: Education Beyond Certificate by saintneo(m): 9:35am On Nov 27, 2015
YesIam:

How do we get capital?
u don't need capital bro. u need to demonstrate your skill to the appropriate people.

I've been there. God is the ultimate entreprenuer, seek his guidance.

1 Like

Re: Education Beyond Certificate by professore(m): 9:36am On Nov 27, 2015
Although I won't agree to the breaking of (good) rules,but some points are here.
Re: Education Beyond Certificate by king100(m): 9:38am On Nov 27, 2015
YesIam:

How do we get capital?
Sometimes it's easier saeid bro, I swear.

Do whatever your hand finds, even if it involves menial jobs to raise the capital for what you want to do.Stop begging!But do not get involves in any crime.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Which University Is Most Renowned For Cultism In Nigeria / 2019/2020 Nigerian Mathematics & Sciences Olympiad Results For All States / Top 50,best Secondary Schools In Nigeria,based On Ssce Performance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.