Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,447 members, 7,819,649 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

Catholicism Dastardly Plagiarized The 'holy Rosary' From Pagans - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholicism Dastardly Plagiarized The 'holy Rosary' From Pagans (9040 Views)

Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! / The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) / Nigerian Catholics Begin Rosary Challenge Live On Instagram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholicism Dastardly Plagiarized The 'holy Rosary' From Pagans by vooks: 4:12pm On Dec 01, 2015
Papist:

Sigh
Stop worshipping Devils
Re: Catholicism Dastardly Plagiarized The 'holy Rosary' From Pagans by italo: 6:32pm On Dec 01, 2015
vooks:

Buffoon,
Rosary was used by pagans many years before Dominic.
Vain repetition was used by pagans many years before and by deluded false Christians
Question is,
EXACTLY what is it thT was revealed to Dominic?

stone tablets with religious texts like the 10 commandments were also used by pagans long ago.
Re: Catholicism Dastardly Plagiarized The 'holy Rosary' From Pagans by macof(m): 9:56am On Dec 03, 2015
italo:

Stone tablets with religious texts existed before the 10 commandments. It's not irrelevant. Does that make 10 commandments pagan?

Yes , the 10 commandments have a babylonian origin. . From the King Hammurabi who created the first laws written on stone tablets

1 Like

Re: Catholicism Dastardly Plagiarized The 'holy Rosary' From Pagans by italo: 10:26am On Dec 03, 2015
macof:

Yes , the 10 commandments have a babylonian origin. . From the King Hammurabi who created the first laws written on stone tablets

Prove it.
Re: Catholicism Dastardly Plagiarized The 'holy Rosary' From Pagans by Aizenosa(m): 11:12am On Dec 05, 2015
macof:

Who is this person, please go back to Sunday school I take God beg u abeg, please don't mention this outside of here even new born babies will laugh at you.
Re: Catholicism Dastardly Plagiarized The 'holy Rosary' From Pagans by Aizenosa(m): 11:39am On Dec 05, 2015
Sincerely I have always heard blood is thicker than friendship, but now I have to tell the truth RELIGIOUS BELIEF IS THICKER THAN BLOOD, may God have mercy on man and help us.
Re: Catholicism Dastardly Plagiarized The 'holy Rosary' From Pagans by macof(m): 3:23pm On Dec 05, 2015
Aizenosa:

Who is this person, please go back to Sunday school I take God beg u abeg, please don't mention this outside of here even new born babies will laugh at you.

This is what ur silly pastors and priests would never teach you
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code_of_Hammurabi

The code of Hammurabi is the origin of the ten commandments Moses gave his people

@italo
Re: Catholicism Dastardly Plagiarized The 'holy Rosary' From Pagans by Aizenosa(m): 2:49am On Dec 06, 2015
Yimu trying to prove that he is right because he read something on a website
Re: Catholicism Dastardly Plagiarized The 'holy Rosary' From Pagans by keishablack(f): 10:36am On Dec 06, 2015
Going thru this thread all I see is a bunch of angry atheists, anti-catholics, catholics, etc lashing out @ one another. Are all these bashings really necessary? I'm a Catholic and will always be. Do I have doubts abt some of our doctrines? Of course I do. That's what makes me human. Daily we learn and try to understand the world around us. Trying to force ur beliefs and disbelief down anoda's throat is only a vicious cycle dt will lead to no good.

3 Likes

Re: Catholicism Dastardly Plagiarized The 'holy Rosary' From Pagans by keishablack(f): 10:44am On Dec 06, 2015
Anas09:
And why did Mary appear to fatima Mohammed's favorite daughter with a message? What connection does catholicism and islam have?
Where exactly did u get that piece of info from? Ur referring to " our Lady of fatima" who appeared to the little children, Lucia, jacintha and Francisco in a village in Ireland called fatima
Re: Catholicism Dastardly Plagiarized The 'holy Rosary' From Pagans by Aizenosa(m): 10:51am On Dec 06, 2015
keishablack:
Going thru this thread all I see is a bunch of angry atheists, anti-catholics, catholics, etc lashing out @ one another. Are all these bashings really necessary? I'm a Catholic and will always be. Do I have doubts abt some of our doctrines? Of course I do. That's what makes me human. Daily we learn and try to understand the world around us. Trying to force ur beliefs and disbelief down anoda's throat is only a vicious cycle dt will lead to no good.

You spoke the whole truth, but they never learn, when I was a teenager I personally hated the church in and out, I tried to find a replacement but my spirit man found no comfort outside, so I had to return, den I had to bring myself low to try understand the church why it acts the way it does, why it's different form the others, truly I say with 5 years I got most of the answers I required some I am still finding strong evidences to finalise them and lastly the phrase man's best wisdom is worse than God's folly make understanding that the church can only try and strives for perfection in Christ and that the Glorious Church in Heaven (Perfect) with Christ as the High Priest might help the Suffering Church on earth (Imperfect).

1 Like

Re: Catholicism Dastardly Plagiarized The 'holy Rosary' From Pagans by Empredboy(m): 1:39pm On Dec 06, 2015
keishablack:

Where exactly did u get that piece of info from? Ur referring to " our Lady of fatima" who appeared to the little children, Lucia, jacintha and Francisco in a village in Ireland called fatima
please fatima is not in Ireland but Portugal.
Re: Catholicism Dastardly Plagiarized The 'holy Rosary' From Pagans by keishablack(f): 1:50pm On Dec 06, 2015
Empredboy:
please fatima is not in Ireland but Portugal.
Yea...my bad.
Re: Catholicism Dastardly Plagiarized The 'holy Rosary' From Pagans by PastorAIO: 2:54pm On Dec 06, 2015
keishablack:

This is the best post on this thread. And a perfect summary of what is going on. Frustrated people can't make a decent point, or form a decent argument so they resort to name calling. Thats all. Name calling and more name calling and I'm afraid to say it is the protestants that are the worst at this. They seem to bear the greater frustration.

Aizenosa:
Yimu trying to prove that he is right because he read something on a website

Actually the biblical law of An Eye for an Eye comes straight out of Hammurabi's laws which precede it.

Also the biblical terms such as King of Kings and Lord of Lords comes straight out of Babylonian and Persian terms for their emperor. The bible developed in a continuum and it is important to understand the contexts in which it developed. The religions and cultures that preceded it and that surround it in it's neighbourhood.

Just because something is done by pagans or used by pagans does not make it evil. Religious texts were used by pagans, as has been mentioned, and christians too use religious texts. Pagans pray. Christians too pray. Abi Prayer is going to be an ungodly act now.

Pagans practice divination. So did the hebrews with the use of Urim and with the casting of lots. The christians cast lots. Divination is going to be evil now?

sigh......
Re: Catholicism Dastardly Plagiarized The 'holy Rosary' From Pagans by alice1166: 1:46pm On Jan 05, 2023
Hello Everyone I want to quickly use this medium to share a testimony on how i was directed to a Legit and real illuminati member who have transformed my life from grass to grace, from being poor to a rich woman who can now boast of a healthy and wealthy life without stress or financial difficulties. After so many months of trying to to be a member of the illuminati and was scammed the sum of $3,000 i became so desperate in being a member online who will not add to my pains, then i decided to contact a friend of mine who recently became a member, we discussed about the issue and to our conclusion she told me about a man called Paul mark who is the grand master in the illuminati. So i applied to become a member of illuminati easily without stress and all the preparations were made concerning how to become a member in two(2) days i became a member and the sum of 5 million dollars was deposited into my bank account so i want to advice any one who wants to become a member should call him +2349130700648 or WhatsApp him +2349130700648 or email (illuminatiworldoffamous@gmail.com) he does not know am doing this i pray that lucifer will bless him for the good things he has done in my life

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is The Jehovah's Witness Organisation Christian? / A Thread For The Mental Emancipation Of Indoctrinated Religious Adherents / Share Your Favourite Christian Song

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.