Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,110 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

Catholicism Dastardly Plagiarized The 'holy Rosary' From Pagans - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholicism Dastardly Plagiarized The 'holy Rosary' From Pagans (9076 Views)

Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! / The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) / Nigerian Catholics Begin Rosary Challenge Live On Instagram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholicism Dastardly Plagiarized The 'holy Rosary' From Pagans by vooks: 11:52am On Nov 30, 2015
macof:

grin grin grin so morality can only exist in christianity? Is that what you're saying?
It means atheism has zero basis for morality and also atheists are hypocrites for subscribing to morality which is not offers by their belief system
Re: Catholicism Dastardly Plagiarized The 'holy Rosary' From Pagans by Nobody: 12:05pm On Nov 30, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

I strongly doubt that you have the intellectual capacity to argue with me
hahaha. grin

Your doubt changes nothing.

2 Likes

Re: Catholicism Dastardly Plagiarized The 'holy Rosary' From Pagans by Nobody: 12:07pm On Nov 30, 2015
vooks:

Statistics
Because a very small fraction are atheistic. And of hose few who are, they are hypocrites in that they subscribe to a moral code yet their atheistic philosophy has no room for morality
now I know the extent of your stupidity.

Who is going to discuss with this delusioned one? undecided
Re: Catholicism Dastardly Plagiarized The 'holy Rosary' From Pagans by orisa37: 4:19pm On Nov 30, 2015
The purpose is to keep us concentrated in prayers and in spirit with God. Mobile cellphones and its IT was invented by someone and now the whole world is using it. Rosaries are like Cowries being used till to date to worship "IFA" and in some cases discern life from the Almighty God. Waste no further time, Rosaries have become life in Roman Catholic Churches, Mosques etc and they are good for Cathecisms.

1 Like

Re: Catholicism Dastardly Plagiarized The 'holy Rosary' From Pagans by vooks: 5:27pm On Nov 30, 2015
Teempakguy:
now I know the extent of your stupidity.

Who is going to discuss with this delusioned one? undecided
You are not the sharpest tool in the box.
Re: Catholicism Dastardly Plagiarized The 'holy Rosary' From Pagans by Nobody: 5:35pm On Nov 30, 2015
vooks:

You are not the sharpest tool in the box.
smh . . .
Re: Catholicism Dastardly Plagiarized The 'holy Rosary' From Pagans by vooks: 6:07pm On Nov 30, 2015
Teempakguy:
smh . . .
You are not the sharpest tool in the box
Re: Catholicism Dastardly Plagiarized The 'holy Rosary' From Pagans by Nobody: 6:09pm On Nov 30, 2015
vooks:

You are not the sharpest tool in the box
meaningless statement.
Re: Catholicism Dastardly Plagiarized The 'holy Rosary' From Pagans by macof(m): 6:35pm On Nov 30, 2015
vooks:

It means atheism has zero basis for morality and also atheists are hypocrites for subscribing to morality which is not offers by their belief system

Ok, so an atheist respects his elders - which is the moral thing to do, means he is an hypocrite cus Atheism doesn't subscribe to morality?
I guess in ur messed up mind, a physicist is an hypocrite cus physics doesn't subscribe to morality?

What about other things that an atheist is? An atheist belongs to a group of people with a culture with its own view of morality. .he has a job with a view of morality or maybe attends a school with a code of conduct, and many other groups an atheist might be a member of which does subscribe to morality.
Re: Catholicism Dastardly Plagiarized The 'holy Rosary' From Pagans by Anas09: 7:34pm On Nov 30, 2015
I thought this thread was about the Rosary? Pls @ Vooks, ignore this people. They don't believe in God, yet they are scared of hell. Don't allow them get under your skin.
Re: Catholicism Dastardly Plagiarized The 'holy Rosary' From Pagans by Nobody: 9:38pm On Nov 30, 2015
vooks:

Negro please!

What is an 'adaptation'?
Did Dominic receive this 'adaptation' from Mary? Has Catholicism taught that Dominic received this 'adaptation' from Mary?

Hindus long before Muslims had their mantras. NOBODY before 1000AD ever used those idols to boost their prayers
Perhaps i should entertain your ignorance a bit more even though my response is late, sorry. The Catholic Church does not make definitive statements about private revelation. If you didn't know, private revelation relates to visions like the reported visions by St Dominic of the Virgin Mary. Again if u didn't know, Catholics are not required to believe in private revelation so I as a Catholic am allowed to believe that St Dominic had a vision of the Virgin Mary or not. Private revelation is not part of the fidei depositum. The only thing Catholics are not allowed to reject is the Divine Revelation which ended with the death of the last apostle. Now to indulge you further, if a private revelation comes with a message or devotion which does not contradict the Catholic faith but which actually edifies the faithful, the Church adopts and promotes it such as the Rosary in this case, or the Chaplet of Divine Mercy or the Brown Scapular etc without any requirement that the faithful are to believe that a Saint appeared to anyone. Any questions?
Re: Catholicism Dastardly Plagiarized The 'holy Rosary' From Pagans by macof(m): 10:29pm On Nov 30, 2015
Anas09:
I thought this thread was about the Rosary? Pls @ Vooks, ignore this people. They don't believe in God, yet they are scared of hell. Don't allow them get under your skin.

Scared of what we know doesn't exist Are you kidding me?
Re: Catholicism Dastardly Plagiarized The 'holy Rosary' From Pagans by vooks: 7:42am On Dec 01, 2015
macof:

Ok, so an atheist respects his elders - which is the moral thing to do, means he is an hypocrite cus Atheism doesn't subscribe to morality?
I guess in ur messed up mind, a physicist is an hypocrite cus physics doesn't subscribe to morality?

What about other things that an atheist is? An atheist belongs to a group of people with a culture with its own view of morality. .he has a job with a view of morality or maybe attends a school with a code of conduct, and many other groups an atheist might be a member of which does subscribe to morality.

What is the basis for morality in atheism?
Re: Catholicism Dastardly Plagiarized The 'holy Rosary' From Pagans by vooks: 7:44am On Dec 01, 2015
Anas09:

Thank you my sister,
They are busy derailing.

Rosary is paganism married into an aberration of Christianity called Catholicism. They claim it was revelation but how would something in existence for over 1000 years be revealed to you?
Re: Catholicism Dastardly Plagiarized The 'holy Rosary' From Pagans by vooks: 7:47am On Dec 01, 2015
Papist:

Perhaps i should entertain your ignorance a bit more even though my response is late, sorry. The Catholic Church does not make definitive statements about private revelation. If you didn't know, private revelation relates to visions like the reported visions by St Dominic of the Virgin Mary. Again if u didn't know, Catholics are not required to believe in private revelation so I as a Catholic am allowed to believe that St Dominic had a vision of the Virgin Mary or not. Private revelation is not part of the fidei depositum. The only thing Catholics are not allowed to reject is the Divine Revelation which ended with the death of the last apostle. Now to indulge you further, if a private revelation comes with a message or devotion which does not contradict the Catholic faith but which actually edifies the faithful, the Church adopts and promotes it such as the Rosary in this case, or the Chaplet of Divine Mercy or the Brown Scapular etc without any requirement that the faithful are to believe that a Saint appeared to anyone. Any questions?

Bullsh*t
This was no revelation of any sort whether some fools in your religion believe it or not.
Fact of the matter is,Catholicism actively teaches that Mary invented the rosary and shared her invention with Dominic.

This is a bold lie because beads/rosaries were in existence 1000 years before Dominic. How do you receive a private/divine revelation of an invention that predates you by 1000 years?
Re: Catholicism Dastardly Plagiarized The 'holy Rosary' From Pagans by vooks: 7:47am On Dec 01, 2015
macof:

Scared of what we know doesn't exist Are you kidding me?
Shut up troll and watch adults think
Re: Catholicism Dastardly Plagiarized The 'holy Rosary' From Pagans by italo: 8:57am On Dec 01, 2015
vooks:

Buffoon, the last book was penned in 96AD. Let me school you Neanderthal on how he bible came to us
http://www.bible.ca/canon.htm

Have a blessed Lord's Day free of satanism,idolatry and necromancy

Who chose the books to be in the bible and the ones to be discarded?

The Catholic Church.

Who decided that the canon of the NT was closed and no other writing could be included?

The Catholic Church.

If the Catholic Church is evil, the Bible is evil.
Re: Catholicism Dastardly Plagiarized The 'holy Rosary' From Pagans by macof(m): 8:59am On Dec 01, 2015
vooks:

What is the basis for morality in atheism?
an atheist is also a member of other groups eg an ethnicity, a country, a profession etc
If you still don't get you can never get anything
Re: Catholicism Dastardly Plagiarized The 'holy Rosary' From Pagans by macof(m): 8:59am On Dec 01, 2015
vooks:

Shut up troll and watch adults think
You must be very stuupid. Is ur intellect that of an adult? An average 13 year old makes more sense than you do
Re: Catholicism Dastardly Plagiarized The 'holy Rosary' From Pagans by italo: 9:04am On Dec 01, 2015
vooks:

Bullsh*t
This was no revelation of any sort whether some fools in your religion believe it or not.
Fact of the matter is,Catholicism actively teaches that Mary invented the rosary and shared her invention with Dominic.

This is a bold lie because beads/rosaries were in existence 1000 years before Dominic. How do you receive a private/divine revelation of an invention that predates you by 1000 years?

The rosary is not just "beads" but a prayer - a chain of prayers in a particular order.

Catholics can say the Rosary with a 'finger rosary' (a ring) or even their fingers...or anything else.

Religious texts existed long before the bible...does that mean the bible wasn't inspired by God?

Think, for once.
Re: Catholicism Dastardly Plagiarized The 'holy Rosary' From Pagans by vooks: 10:22am On Dec 01, 2015
italo:

The rosary is not just "beads" but a prayer - a chain of prayers in a particular order.

Catholics can say the Rosary with a 'finger rosary' (a ring) or even their fingers...or anything else.

Religious texts existed long before the bible...does that mean the bible wasn't inspired by God?

Think, for once.

The prayers were made long before Dominic you Neanderthal so what Dominic received was not the pagan incantations but the beads
Re: Catholicism Dastardly Plagiarized The 'holy Rosary' From Pagans by vooks: 10:23am On Dec 01, 2015
macof:
You must be very stuupid. U can ur intellect that of an adult? An average 13 year old makes more sense than you do
Pearls are too precious to be wasted on swine
Re: Catholicism Dastardly Plagiarized The 'holy Rosary' From Pagans by Anas09: 10:57am On Dec 01, 2015
shocked shocked Ah @Macof. The None existing thing you can't stop crying about? Now why is that?
And this is about the Catholic Rosary and you are a pagan why are you wailing here?
Ooo wait!!!! Paganism is synonymous to Catholicism. Wail on ye idol worshippers.

I only would like for someone to answer
Vook. How do u get a revelation of something that predates you by 1000yrs. Why is it a revelation? What is a revelation?
Why will that revelation be abt something (a totem) used by idol worshippers to worship their gods, something jehovah hates?
Re: Catholicism Dastardly Plagiarized The 'holy Rosary' From Pagans by Anas09: 11:01am On Dec 01, 2015
And why did Mary appear to fatima Mohammed's favorite daughter with a message? What connection does catholicism and islam have?
Re: Catholicism Dastardly Plagiarized The 'holy Rosary' From Pagans by macof(m): 11:19am On Dec 01, 2015
Anas09:
shocked shocked Ah @Macof. The None existing thing you can't stop crying about? Now why is that?
And this is about the Catholic Rosary and you are a pagan why are you wailing here?
Ooo wait!!!! Paganism is synonymous to Catholicism. Wail on ye idol worshippers.

I only would like for someone to answer
Vook. How do u get a revelation of something that predates you by 1000yrs. Why is it a revelation? What is a revelation?
Why will that revelation be abt something (a totem) used by idol worshippers to worship their gods, something jehovah hates?

grin grin wailing? I'm here to school u.
Everything is synonymous with paganism. . Its only ignorance that makes u think otherwise.

Knowledge itself is Paganic

It is only a complete foolish hypocrite that worships a dead jew and calls others idol worshippers to insult them
Re: Catholicism Dastardly Plagiarized The 'holy Rosary' From Pagans by macof(m): 11:21am On Dec 01, 2015
vooks:

Pearls are too precious to be wasted on swine

You got nothing to say fool
Re: Catholicism Dastardly Plagiarized The 'holy Rosary' From Pagans by italo: 11:40am On Dec 01, 2015
vooks:

The prayers were made long before Dominic you Neanderthal so what Dominic received was not the pagan incantations but the beads

The order of prayers in the rosary was never existent before it was handed to St. Dominic.

Stone tablets existed and were used by pagans before Moses, does that mean that the 10 commandments handed to Moses evil?

Think, for once.
Re: Catholicism Dastardly Plagiarized The 'holy Rosary' From Pagans by vooks: 12:06pm On Dec 01, 2015
italo:

The order of prayers in the rosary was never existent before it was handed to St. Dominic.
M0ron,
Can you study rosary entry under Catholic encyclopaedia before blabbering nonsense

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/13184b.htm

Question is,EXACTLY what did Dominic receive?
A. Beads
B. Vain repetition
C. Order of vain repetition

Your own history tells you ALL the three existed long before Dominic
Stone tablets existed and were used by pagans before Moses, does that mean that the 10 commandments handed to Moses evil?

Think, for once.
Irrelevant
Re: Catholicism Dastardly Plagiarized The 'holy Rosary' From Pagans by italo: 12:11pm On Dec 01, 2015
vooks:

M0ron,
Can you study rosary entry under Catholic encyclopaedia before blabbering nonsense

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/13184b.htm

Question is,EXACTLY what did Dominic receive?
A. Beads
B. Vain repetition
C. Order of vain repetition

Your own history tells you ALL the three existed long before Dominic

Irrelevant

Stone tablets with religious texts existed before the 10 commandments. It's not irrelevant. Does that make 10 commandments pagan?
Re: Catholicism Dastardly Plagiarized The 'holy Rosary' From Pagans by vooks: 12:29pm On Dec 01, 2015
italo:

Stone tablets with religious texts existed before the 10 commandments. It's not irrelevant. Does that make 10 commandments pagan?
Buffoon,
Rosary was used by pagans many years before Dominic.
Vain repetition was used by pagans many years before and by deluded false Christians

Question is,
EXACTLY what is it thT was revealed to Dominic?
Re: Catholicism Dastardly Plagiarized The 'holy Rosary' From Pagans by Nobody: 3:28pm On Dec 01, 2015
vooks:

Bullsh*t

Sigh
Re: Catholicism Dastardly Plagiarized The 'holy Rosary' From Pagans by Nobody: 3:29pm On Dec 01, 2015
Anas09:
And why did Mary appear to fatima Mohammed's favorite daughter with a message? What connection does catholicism and islam have?
Mary appeared to three Catholic children in a village called Fatima in Portugal ok. Why don't read first before trying to write?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Reason For The Resurrection - Joseph Prince / Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? / Christ Embassy: Concealed Sex Scandal Exposed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.