Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,626 members, 7,813,062 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:05 AM

Online Shop Breaks Record In Nigeria ; Becomes First To Deliver Order With Drone - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Online Shop Breaks Record In Nigeria ; Becomes First To Deliver Order With Drone (941 Views)

How Long Does It Take To Deliver Items On Aliexpress? / Handmade Bags: Make Your Order With Specifications / Entrepreneurs: Tips On How To Deliver A Pitch Investors Can't Turn Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Online Shop Breaks Record In Nigeria ; Becomes First To Deliver Order With Drone by redefined300(m): 11:13am On Nov 27, 2015
History was made in Lagos yesterday as Yudala, Nigeria’s first true composite online and offline retail chain achieved another first with the drone delivery of the first order placed for its Black Friday sales which is set to run till Monday November 30th 2015.

[img]http://4.bp..com/-09TcFbb3Qqw/Vlgm4TA5HzI/AAAAAAAAAr4/U1Wvr6FMIM0/s400/yudala.webp[/img]

The order for the item, a Nokia Lumia smart phone was placed by Yetunde Lawal, a staff of Access Bank Plc. who was shopping on the Yudala website for the first time.

The drone took off from the headquarters of Yudala at Redemption Crescent, Gbagada loaded with the product to the amazement and delight of onlookers and camera crew from various media organizations including Channels TV who gathered to monitor the progress of the drone all the way to the Access Bank branch along the Gbagada-Oshodi Expressway where it was alighted in front of the bank.

A staff of Yudala was on hand to process the invoice for the order and hand over the phone to an obviously elated Yetunde who chose the payment on delivery option.

[img]http://4.bp..com/-q7ht4TtNnJg/VlgoJTWuK7I/AAAAAAAAAsA/9Ks4yoljGVA/s320/IMG_20151127_105158%255B1%255D.jpg[/img]

Lawal said “I am extremely delighted and indeed short of words to explain how I feel to be the first person to receive an item via drone delivery in Nigeria, all thanks to Yudala. This is an innovative concept in the evolution of e-commerce in the country which I am sure other competitors will want to copy.

“Yudala has met and exceeded my expectations and I can only encourage all my colleagues, friends and family to shop and shop Yudala. Black Friday is here and I am glad that the Yudala offer will run till Monday,” she enthused.

Since its entry into the market a little over four months ago, Yudala has expanded the retail space with several innovative campaigns including the Neighbour to Neighbour Mega Deals, Gyming with the Stars and October Mid-Day Madness, among others  through which it has delivered on its mandate of providing genuine products and services to its consumers.

With its headquarters in Nigeria, Yudala which means Best wishes, Peace of mind and Prosperity has carved a niche for itself by being the first organization to combine a real-time online shopping platform with offline stores located in major cities across the country, with further expansion into other major African capitals.

http://www.naijadefined.com/2015/11/online-shop-breaks-record-in-nigeria.html
Re: Online Shop Breaks Record In Nigeria ; Becomes First To Deliver Order With Drone by tochyano(m): 11:17am On Nov 27, 2015
The drone should be close the deal. Human element cannot be removed
Re: Online Shop Breaks Record In Nigeria ; Becomes First To Deliver Order With Drone by Generalkorex(m): 11:21am On Nov 27, 2015
Nice one yudala
Re: Online Shop Breaks Record In Nigeria ; Becomes First To Deliver Order With Drone by HermajestyQ(f): 11:34am On Nov 27, 2015
The drone opreator was definitely nearby.
Re: Online Shop Breaks Record In Nigeria ; Becomes First To Deliver Order With Drone by stano2(m): 11:44am On Nov 27, 2015
hmmmmm....did he place the money on the drone to take back...time to learn how to hack drones if too difficult...i get a superman vest. All orders should be landing in my room! No b 9ja we de again
Re: Online Shop Breaks Record In Nigeria ; Becomes First To Deliver Order With Drone by timilehing(m): 12:16pm On Nov 27, 2015
ㅔㄴㄷ 티메 봇ㅌ. . . Only 한굴사라 can understand
Re: Online Shop Breaks Record In Nigeria ; Becomes First To Deliver Order With Drone by adebrain(m): 12:27pm On Nov 27, 2015
Amazing!!!!
Re: Online Shop Breaks Record In Nigeria ; Becomes First To Deliver Order With Drone by phonesNgadgets: 2:30pm On Nov 27, 2015
Cool. smiley
Re: Online Shop Breaks Record In Nigeria ; Becomes First To Deliver Order With Drone by Nobody: 4:08pm On Nov 27, 2015
fake
Re: Online Shop Breaks Record In Nigeria ; Becomes First To Deliver Order With Drone by AbuMikey(m): 4:16pm On Nov 27, 2015
Nnaabros:
fake

Its very much allowed, Bad Belle angry
Re: Online Shop Breaks Record In Nigeria ; Becomes First To Deliver Order With Drone by ilelabosinmioko: 4:33pm On Nov 27, 2015
Bravo to Yudala. I can see that Yudala is really up to the task. Let us cheer them up for the good things they are doing. Surely, Yudala is going to be Nigeria Amazon. We are anxiously waiting for yuboss entrepreneurship scheme. The scheme that going to create jobs for our youth. Well done Yudala.
Re: Online Shop Breaks Record In Nigeria ; Becomes First To Deliver Order With Drone by Pidggin(f): 4:34pm On Nov 27, 2015
OP, I hope you paid for this advert

(1) (Reply)

Where To Buy Beans In The North / [hilarious] Bar Displayed Funny Advert Banner / First Nigerian Bitcoin Wallet For Sale (Website)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.