Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,206 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:16 AM

Funny And Embarrassing Quotes By Nigerian Politicians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Funny And Embarrassing Quotes By Nigerian Politicians (1089 Views)

Top 8 Funny And Embarrassing Quotes By Nigerian Politicians / Top 8 Funny And Embarrassing Quotes By Nigerian Politicians / Funny And Embarrassing Quotes By Nigerian Politicians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Funny And Embarrassing Quotes By Nigerian Politicians by shadelek(m): 1:38pm On Nov 27, 2015
Here are some of the funny
quotes.

1. “We want to thank the
President for bringing
Facebook to Nigeria”
– Information Minister

Labaran
Maku.
The official dropped this
remark December 20, 2010,
while speaking during
Goodluck
Jonathan’s ‘Facebook’ book
launch in Lagos. Although
Maku
tried to thank GEJ for
introducing
social networking to Nigerian
politics, the phrase
immediately
turned into a social joke.

2. “With all due respect, if
Jesus Christ could come to the
world and be the chairman of
INEC, any election he would
conduct will be disputed.” –
Olusegun Obasanjo

OBJ said this in 2010 in Abuja
reacting to the removal of
Professor Maurice Iwu as
INEC
chairman. Unsurprisingly, he
came under fire over the
statement as Nigerians
accused the former President
of
blasphemy.

3. “Over 70% of what they call
corruption in Nigeria, is mere
common theft. – Goodluck
Jonathan

This one was shortly tagged
“stealing is not corruption”.
President said this in May,
during the Presidential Media
Chat. Reactions were not long
in
arriving, as the comment went
viral immediately. Twitter and
Facebook users joked that
now
they were relieved to know
that
there was no corruption
among
Nigerian politicians… only
mere
stealing.

4. “God is a democrat, does
not support rigging but if you
rig and succeed, that means
God approves of it.” – Jonah
Jang

Plateau State governor made
the
statement in May, 2013, after
having emerged the chairman
Nigerian Governors’ Forum.
Jang
insisted that God helped him
defeat his major opponent,
Rotimi Amaechi.

5. “Ojukwu is a great man,he
died but his manhood lives
on”
– Patience Jonathan.

Of course Dame Patience put
a
noble meaning into the word
“manhood”, however Internet
users did not miss the
opportunity to have a good
laugh upon hearing it. It is
worth
mentioning that the First Lady
is
often attacked in social media
over grammatical blunders in
her
speech.

6. “Go and die” – Edo State
Governor

Adams Oshiomhole
said to a widowed woman
The incident happened as the
woman knelt before
Oshiomhole begging for her
little
means of livelihood to be
saved.
After which he shouted out
the
infamous phrase.
Not funny at all, which was
immediately noticed by
Nigerians.
The video of the great
humiliation surfaced online
and
got people furious. Soon the
governor apologized to the
widow, donated N2 million to
her and offered help with
employment.

7. “My fellow
widows…”
another pearl
from Patience Jonathan as a
special treat
This way the First Lady started
her speech in March, 2011, as
she addressed women who
lost
their husbands.

8. “I will not die. I drink
bottled water. You do not
drink bottled water.” – Rotimi
Amaechi

Rivers State governor went
emptional during his last
year’s rally speech held in
Port
harcourt.
Re: Funny And Embarrassing Quotes By Nigerian Politicians by Nobody: 1:43pm On Nov 27, 2015
Lalasticlala
Re: Funny And Embarrassing Quotes By Nigerian Politicians by shadelek(m): 1:43pm On Nov 27, 2015
Others are:

"you press men, you always say there are no minerals in kano. We have Coca Cola, Fanta, Mirinda and the newly invented Sprite"...Bakin Zuwo.

"Foreign investors should ignore Boko Haram and invest in Nigeria"...GEJ

" I will water your school and fire your school"..Orji Uzoh Kalu

"Nigerians dont panic, terrorist attack is everywhere ..maybe is our turn"...GEJ

"I will rather kill myself than commit sucide"..Dame Jonathan

..."I founded this school for the masses and the school fees is 850,000 naira"...Atiku Abubakar

"..until I see someone eating out of the gutters before I believe there is poverty in Nigeria." - Umoru Dikko.

"Telephone is not meant for the poor"..David Mark

..."The worth of a child born and breed in Nigeria cannot be compared to that in the United States" -Yakubu Gowon

.."school is not meant for the poor, only for the rich"..Ikedi Ikiri Ohakim

.."At 50, Britain is still battling with King Arthur and the knights of the round table so Nigeria is not doing too badly"..Diezeani Madueke.

..."The corp members where destined to die, nobody can run away from destiny"..Mallam isa Yaguda, Gov Bauchi State.

.."On behalf of 20 million naira, I donate my family".. Dame Jonathan.

.."We, the PDP did not win this election, I have gone to church to confess, I gave them money and they called the result"...Chris Uba

.."I want to commend the doctors and nurses for responding to treatment"...Dame Jonathan

..."I can see camera people, are they going to televise us alive?"- Dame Jonathan.
Re: Funny And Embarrassing Quotes By Nigerian Politicians by OZAOEKPE(f): 1:47pm On Nov 27, 2015
Re: Funny And Embarrassing Quotes By Nigerian Politicians by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:00pm On Nov 27, 2015
."I want to commend the doctors and nurses for responding to treatment"...Dame Jonathan
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Funny And Embarrassing Quotes By Nigerian Politicians by georjay(m): 2:07pm On Nov 27, 2015
shadelek:

..."I can see camera people, are they going to televise us alive?"- Dame Jonathan.

hahahaha wtf

1 Like

Re: Funny And Embarrassing Quotes By Nigerian Politicians by OlujobaSamuel: 2:08pm On Nov 27, 2015
Journalism is one of the most difficult profession, how can someone say this to me and I won't laff my asssss out.
they are not even allowed to laugh at it behind the scenes where someone else could be watching.
Re: Funny And Embarrassing Quotes By Nigerian Politicians by qualityovenbake(m): 2:09pm On Nov 27, 2015
Patience Jonathan grammatical blunders are legendary.

1 Like

Re: Funny And Embarrassing Quotes By Nigerian Politicians by sunnyeinstein(m): 2:27pm On Nov 27, 2015
Omo onile assoc of NL
Re: Funny And Embarrassing Quotes By Nigerian Politicians by funkyibodude(m): 2:35pm On Nov 27, 2015
You forgot " the bloods you are sharing, chai diaris God oooo, diaris God oooooooo". ......
Patience Jonathan, during a press conference about the missing Chibok girls grin

1 Like

Re: Funny And Embarrassing Quotes By Nigerian Politicians by DaBullIT(m): 3:26pm On Nov 27, 2015
Bwahahahahah
Re: Funny And Embarrassing Quotes By Nigerian Politicians by Omololu007(m): 3:50pm On Nov 27, 2015
shadelek:
.."On behalf of 20 million naira, I donate my family".. Dame Jonathan.
grin
Re: Funny And Embarrassing Quotes By Nigerian Politicians by TheSourcerer: 8:12am On Jan 06, 2020
qualityovenbake:
Patience Jonathan grammatical blunders are legendary.
year 2020 we see her more as a shame now

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians, since you don't like the IGBO'S, why not let them go peacefully. / Pic: Nigerian Special Forces In Pakistan Training On How To Defeat Boko Haram / Buhari Yet To Receive New Salary Package Report — Punch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.