Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,873 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially (15723 Views)

My Sister Is Cheating On Her Husband For Not Supporting Her Financially / My Husband Seeks His Father’s Permission Before Intercourse: Wife / I Won’t Share My Husband’s Manhood With Any Woman: Wife (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by babygirlfl: 2:13pm On Dec 03, 2015
Eketem:
Dyt you are a strong woman please edit your story.

This is nairaland with wicked malicious people who will take your story shared with good intentions and abuse you when they disagree with you.

True. In nairaland, for most people, how much you agree with them is directly proportional to the gesture you get. Sometimes though, I do wish people could be free to say their story without fear of someone using it against them.

How are you eketem?

3 Likes

Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by jaybee3(m): 2:21pm On Dec 03, 2015
Have you asked him how he intends to get out of his situation or he is one of those that pray and fast whilst waiting for miracles to happen?

What are his qualifications

Does he have an up to date CV?
Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by Dyt(f): 2:26pm On Dec 03, 2015
jaybee3:
Have you asked him how he intends to get out of his situation or he is one of those that pray and fast whilst waiting for miracles to happen?

What are his qualifications

Does he have an up to date CV?

The uncle is waiting for a miracle in the house
He keeps going for breakthrough in churches
Studied philosophy

So I read and understood from the thread
Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by babygirlfl: 2:26pm On Dec 03, 2015
Dyt:

Dancing
I am.a superstar

I got a feeling - BEP

grin grin grin
Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by jaybee3(m): 2:29pm On Dec 03, 2015
Dyt:

The uncle is waiting for a miracle in the house
He keeps going for breakthrough in churches
Studied philosophy

So I read and understood from the thread

abi ooo
Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by Dyt(f): 2:33pm On Dec 03, 2015
jaybee3:

abi ooo

I don't want to laugh
Btw don't you miss me?
undecided undecided
Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by jaybee3(m): 2:36pm On Dec 03, 2015
Dyt:

I don't want to laugh
Btw don't you miss me?
undecided undecided

Don't laugh ooooo

I miss you wella
Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by Dyt(f): 2:40pm On Dec 03, 2015
jaybee3:

Don't laugh ooooo

I miss you wella

No you don't
angry angry

When is Santa bringing my gift?
Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by pickabeau1: 2:44pm On Dec 03, 2015
Dyt:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Clown

I blv one way or the other marriages has its up and down
But some are not redeemable *deep sigh*
Not saying OPs situation ooo

I don't think its as bad in the OP's case
I will be highly concerned if this continues maybe 5 years...
Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by Eketem: 2:49pm On Dec 03, 2015
babygirlfl:

True. In nairaland, for most people, how much you agree with them is directly proportional to the gesture you get. Sometimes though, I do wish people could be free to say their story without fear of someone using it against them.

How are you eketem?

I Am fine jare. How are you and yours?

There are many bitter horrible people in this life who stay online all day waiting desperately to hurt other people because their own lives are so sad.

5 Likes

Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by Nobody: 3:27pm On Dec 03, 2015
I don't think studying Philosophy limited his chances in the labour market but making 2.2(second class lower) did; seems no one is making reference to this.
Nigeria has a diversified economy that course studied doesn't matter really much.

BTW, did your husband further his education after he came out with 2.2?
I learnt it's hard getting a meaningful employment with 2.2 here.
...and why is he being selective when he didn't graduate with a higher grade except he has some other qualifications(?).
He needs to tuck his ego and take up any job available to him.
Rome wasn't built in day; most successful people in the world started from a smaller scale business.

1 Like

Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by Dyt(f): 3:36pm On Dec 03, 2015
pickabeau1:

I don't think its as bad in the OP's case
I will be highly concerned if this continues maybe 5 years...

Na
Wasn't even referring to that alone
In general terms

If he's willing to get up and make it right
Happy family it will be

1 Like

Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by babygirlfl: 3:54pm On Dec 03, 2015
Eketem:

I Am fine jare. How are you and yours?

There are many bitter horrible people in this life who stay online all day waiting desperately to hurt other people because their own lives are so sad.

Fine dear. Thank you.
Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by babygirlfl: 4:02pm On Dec 03, 2015
Yebo36,

I know a family who buys agricultural products from the north and sell in the south and they seem to be doing quite well. They started quite small and do it from home. They sell to people in bulk and considerably cheaper. I don't know if you might be interested. Good luck. You seem like a very nice woman.
Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by yebo36(f): 7:05pm On Dec 03, 2015
babygirlfl:
Yebo36,

I know a family who buys agricultural products from the north and sell in the south and they seem to be doing quite well. They started quite small and do it from home. They sell to people in bulk and considerably cheaper. I don't know if you might be interested. Good luck. You seem like a very nice woman.

Thank you. I tried smoked fish from fresh water, i buy it from mokwa and supply to families. They rushed it and even agreed that it has more taste than pound fish but to pay nko? Some paid instantly while some said end of the month and some bit by bit others did not pay till date. The ones i even sold better were the ones my husband helped me to sell in Abuja

At the end the capital did not come out again so i got discouraged. But now that you have mentioned it again, maybe i will borrow some money and start it again. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by Nobody: 8:48pm On Dec 03, 2015
Jahblessme:
@OP,
Unfortunately,chances that your husband will ever get off his butt and get hustling is 2/10. If he were enterprising,you wouldn't be this aggrieved because youd see he's making an effort.Many go out there and get their hands dirty even if it brings in 10k. The fact that he's not making an effort should give you a clue.Many people in your situation,10 years,20 years no change.

Just get used to the idea that you will most likely be the breadwinner forever.If possible update your skills and get a better job.I say this for the sake of your kids cos as they get older,the cost of caring for them will increase.

This may sound crazy to you but maybe he has to take on the role of househusband if you are open to it.He can clean the house,cook,care for the kids,prepare them for school etc while you go out to hustle just same as a stay at home mom..This may work better for you both cos at least you will be getting all the help you need with the home and maybe it will alleviate some of the stress and anger you feel.You should discuss it with him and find out what he thinks about it.Many families do this especially when the woman is a higher earner and the childcare costs are too high meaning that one partner has to stay and man the home front.

Good Luck!

You don't know Nigerian men. He and his family will say she is trying to make him a 'houseboy' 'just because he doesn't have money ' angry. Yeye dey smell. He will be incredibly aggrieved. Op me I say continue to alternate the food oo. Jut you too should not eat . Just make food for the kids and mournfully say you don't have money for food for mum and dad. He need a kick in the backside.

2 Likes

Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by Nobody: 9:56pm On Dec 03, 2015
Wow. Dyt. That was so strong. You are blessed.

yebo... I love your response to duduwhatever. And I support u keep applying to bigger places too. You might be the one with the lucky stars.

Since you have assumed the role of the husband, doors will continue opening for you....

So pls, up your game the legit way too (I no say make u kill yourself o). God is your ATP.

2 Likes

Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by pickabeau1: 9:58pm On Dec 03, 2015
yebo36:

Thank you. I tried smoked fish from fresh water, i buy it from mokwa and supply to families. They rushed it and even agreed that it has more taste than pound fish but to pay nko? Some paid instantly while some said end of the month and some bit by bit others did not pay till date. The ones i even sold better were the ones my husband helped me to sell in Abuja

At the end the capital did not come out again so i got discouraged. But now that you have mentioned it again, maybe i will borrow some money and start it again. Thanks.

You can get people who will preorder and pay upfront

Make sure u don't do credit business
Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by juliuscapps(m): 10:04pm On Dec 03, 2015
Have taken my time to read all post so far posted here. At Op, thanks for being supportive to your hubby. Your story is indeed quite touching. You people should hold onto God. But your hubby needs to make income at the moment, I will suggest this bike/car business as mentioned by someone earlier, though am not saying it should be a permanent thing, but he can use it to raise funds and possibly divert to full time business as in selling of food stuff from your place to Abuja or somewhere more marketable depending on research as he needs to research well before starting any. I do hope this will work in the short and long term depending. Pls encourage him to do something fast. God bless you both. Amen

1 Like

Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by Zuriela: 4:28pm On Dec 04, 2015
Eketem:
Dyt you are a strong woman please edit your story.

This is nairaland with wicked malicious people who will take your story shared with good intentions and abuse you when they disagree with you.

Get out of my head grin
That's why a lot of pple create a new moniker just to share dia story cos of fear of kids on NL

5 Likes

Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by ogawisdom(m): 7:00am On Dec 05, 2015
Op @ yebo
I dnt agree with the idea of making your hubby a full time house husband even when hard working men cant afford to have house wives. Times are hard and the family needs both hands working together to support it.

Making ur hubby a house husband is a bad idea, wat happens when u r sick or u lose ur job or they owe u nine months salary sad angry

U see ur hubby kws u r hardworking and can provide all d family needs pls dnt act like it, even if u can jst act like u r in pain n lacking, dnt encourage him to b lazy. I kw u will b d financial leader of dt family n may b dts y God joined u to him but he shld contribute significantly

I agree with those who said if he won't work then he shld nt eat, nothing humbles a man like hunger. Try n give him sth to eat at least once a day where possible n at times approach him for discussions on what to eat. Constantly remind him that God made him d head n provider of d family n u r his helper, let him nt kill u with load

Stop doing biz dt they owe u money, consider going into restaurant biz/beer palour biz with ur hubby. Nothing sells faster than food and u can start small n grow.

A lot of men have joined their wives to set up this biz and its payin their bills.

1 Like

Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by Seun(m): 8:49pm On Dec 05, 2015
Your husband could be suffering from depression.
If you identify with several of the following signs and symptoms—especially the first two—and they just won’t go away, you may be suffering from depression.

you feel hopeless and helpless
you’ve lost interest in friends, activities, and things you used to enjoy
you feel tired all the time
your sleep and appetite has changed
you can’t concentrate or find that previously easy tasks are now difficult
you can’t control your negative thoughts, no matter how much you try
you are much more irritable, short-tempered, or aggressive than usual
you’re consuming more alcohol than normal or engaging in other reckless behavior
http://www.helpguide.org/articles/depression/depression-signs-and-symptoms.htm

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by yebo36(f): 8:52pm On Dec 05, 2015
ogawisdom:
Op @ yebo
I dnt agree with the idea of making your hubby a full time house husband even when hard working men cant afford to have house wives. Times are hard and the family needs both hands working together to support it.

Making ur hubby a house husband is a bad idea, wat happens when u r sick or u lose ur job or they owe u nine months salary sad angry

U see ur hubby kws u r hardworking and can provide all d family needs pls dnt act like it, even if u can jst act like u r in pain n lacking, dnt encourage him to b lazy. I kw u will b d financial leader of dt family n may b dts y God joined u to him but he shld contribute significantly

I agree with those who said if he won't work then he shld nt eat, nothing humbles a man like hunger. Try n give him sth to eat at least once a day where possible n at times approach him for discussions on what to eat. Constantly remind him that God made him d head n provider of d family n u r his helper, let him nt kill u with load

Stop doing biz dt they owe u money, consider going into restaurant biz/beer palour biz with ur hubby. Nothing sells faster than food and u can start small n grow.

A lot of men have joined their wives to set up this biz and its payin their bills.

Thank you so much for this. Am still alternating the meals sha and i really spoke to him, told him after this month i won't be able to buy food for the family again cos i will be going back to school for my MSc.

He also said he can handle the dried fish business by taking it to Abuja, he has a laid out plan for the business already. I just hope it works out fine.

A lot of men have joined their wives to set up this biz and its payin their bills.[/quote]
Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by babygirlfl: 1:17am On Dec 06, 2015
yebo36:

Since it sold very well in Abuja, you can start supplying those people. Try to do it at a good price then make people pay before you supply. Start with small capital so you don't tie the capital down and grow as demand grows. I really wish you the best of luck dear.

1 Like

Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by masties2(f): 12:23pm On Dec 06, 2015
Op I pray your situation changes real soon. You have gotten a lot of advice here now, is time to implement . God bless you
Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by Nobody: 5:40am On Dec 08, 2015
Yebo36. Your husband is loosing weight and has lost appetite, yet you still want to ration food for him. Pls give him food as usual. How can a family live on 30k?

Your husband is lazy and you are pampering him. He has no excuse. Really disgust me to read that he doesn't like teaching. Despite the hardship he still has preference for certain jobs. When the need is not available, then the available becomes the need. If you break down or have no income guess he will commit suicide?

You make too much excuses for him. He needs to be a man. Let him go out there and hustle any job no matter how dirty it is or no matter how low the money is. It's like he is enjoying poverty. He needs to fight poverty like an enemy because kids are involved even if he doesn't like the good life. Kids deserve the best.

Even handicaps hustle hard. I have seen poverty in 3D. I use to hate my broke days with a passion. Being broke is not a state I had like to go to.

Your man needs to get off his back side and hustle like a real man suppose to. He has no excuse not to give you guys a good life. You have taken over his role and made him comfortable in it. He needs to acquire new skills, in this modern times having a bsc is not enough. with skilled job you can't go hungry. If he lacks motivation let him visit Nairaland business section see what ladies and guys are doing to make legit income.

Sorry if I come across as someone rude. But that is reality. Less I forget. For the supportive and wonderful woman you are....Send me a mail.

To every faithful woman out there supporting their husband in times of difficulties. #Respect# Thumbs up.
x..x.x™

2 Likes

Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by yebo36(f): 11:24am On Dec 08, 2015
StiffDick:
Yebo36. Your husband is loosing weight and has lost appetite, yet you still want to ration food for him. Pls give him food as usual. How can a family live on 30k?

Your husband is lazy and you are pampering him. He has no excuse. Really disgust me to read that he doesn't like teaching. Despite the hardship he still has preference for certain jobs. When the need is not available, then the available becomes the need. If you break down or have no income guess he will commit suicide?

You make too much excuses for him. He needs to be a man. Let him go out there and hustle any job no matter how dirty it is or no matter how low the money is. It's like he is enjoying poverty. He needs to fight poverty like an enemy because kids are involved even if he doesn't like the good life. Kids deserve the best.

Even handicaps hustle hard. I have seen poverty in 3D. I use to hate my broke days with a passion. Being broke is not a state I had like to go to.

Your man needs to get off his back side and hustle like a real man suppose to. He has no excuse not to give you guys a good life. You have taken over his role and made him comfortable in it. He needs to acquire new skills, in this modern times having a bsc is not enough. with skilled job you can't go hungry. If he lacks motivation let him visit Nairaland business section see what ladies and guys are doing to make legit income.

Sorry if I come across as someone rude. But that is reality. Less I forget. For the supportive and wonderful woman you are....Send me a mail.

To every faithful woman out there supporting their husband in times of difficulties. #Respect# Thumbs up.
x..x.x™

You don't sound rude sir. At times i blame myself for being so open, humble and supportive all this while. I wonder were i went wrong, trying to be like my mom but its not working for me. Saw how my mom stood by dad but I guess i forgot that they both had jobs.

Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by boddie: 11:53am On Dec 08, 2015
Madam u r in the wrong place to seek for advice o. 50% of nairalanders go read comot,40% just wan read ur story and talk non-sense,the remaining 10% sef na like 3% fit help the remaining 7% go ask for personal details like say them go help,all na story.
God will help O! My sister. But tell bros say make him sef no look any hustle as too hard or too dirty. Me sef get son wey be 2 years and I still dey University @ 31 years old,I am self sponsored and no work wey I no dey do. Bricklayer,join-man,E.t.c. But na dog business be my main back bone and God dey bless my hustle. no depend on help here sister,na setup.

1 Like

Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by yebo36(f): 12:42pm On Dec 08, 2015
boddie:
Madam u r in the wrong place to seek for advice o. 50% of nairalanders go read comot,40% just wan read ur story and talk non-sense,the remaining 10% sef na like 3% fit help the remaining 7% go ask for personal details like say them go help,all na story.
God will help O! My sister. But tell bros say make him sef no look any hustle as too hard or too dirty. Me sef get son wey be 2 years and I still dey University @ 31 years old,I am self sponsored and no work wey I no dey do. Bricklayer,join-man,E.t.c. But na dog business be my main back bone and God dey bless my hustle. no depend on help here sister,na setup.

Hm! Thanks.
Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by Ben1975(m): 7:28pm On Dec 29, 2015
yebo36:

Hm! Thanks.

Hi Yebo SFI Ben here

I hope you are ok

I have been reading these posts with much interest since you joined my income program people who joined much later after you are already making money and even someone who was in your downline team emailed me for help that you could have given him.

If you were still working our program from the time you joined to now you would be on much more than 30K. The team is almost twice the size is was when you were around

I understand that life is not always straight forward but all you needed to do is participate consistently.

I trust you still have my email right?

Remember when ever you are ready I am here for you - you no go suffer wink

Sincerely

Your SFI friend Ben
ben@eliteeca.com (no adverts, spam or promos pls people)
Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by nnamdiosu(m): 11:13pm On Dec 29, 2015
Tundeiab:

Madam, your husband is just lazy. He doesn't need deliverance. What he needs is a job no matter how little the pay is. He shouldn't just leave all the burden to you to bear.

thats human beings for you. because they never been in someone else shoes....they think they are wiser and better. funny enough, the jobless man might be more prayerful, hardworking and morally upright than you. perhaps you have a job and things are going fine for you, so you add the degree of lawyer, judge and executioner to your school cert and university degree abi? my candid advice for you...DON'T MAKE GOD ANGRY BY DOING HIS JOB IF YOU DON'T KNOW SOMEONE , YOU'VE NEVER SEEN HIM OR THE EFFORTS HE MAKES, DON'T EVER EVER PASS THOSE KIND OF COMMENTS. THE RACE IS NOT TO THE SWIFT OR SKILLFUL. IT'S JUST TIME AND CHANCE THAT HAPPENS TO US ALL. (DON'T EVER FORGET THAT) #NoOffenceMeant

OP......Women like you are scarcer than fuel sold at N30 per litre. God will surely bless you for these efforts. truth be told, there are a million and one reasons why things are happening like this. NO ONE ON NAIRALAND CAN GIVE YOU THE PERFECT ANSWER OR SOLUTION. THEY MIGHT TRY AND SUGGEST GOOD SUGGESTIONS BUT THE BEST SUGGESTION and SOLUTION COMES FROM ONLY GOD.take out time to seek the face of God.Bless your husband and pray for him every day as he goes out. hope he isn't keeping grudges with anyone
? ask him if he needs to do any sort of restitution. buy things for children then you and ur husband kneel down and ask the kids to lay hand on ur heads and pray.....God that sees the heart will see you through. send me your acct number by pm. i will try to raise something no matter how little for you guys ONCE I GET PAID MY SALARY. pls be strong. solution is on its way.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Maternity Leave During Nysc..advice Needed Pls / FG, LGA's Renew Marriage Registration Battle / Marry Your Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.