Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,361 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:54 PM

Igbo People Translate This For Me And God Will Bless You - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Igbo People Translate This For Me And God Will Bless You (4016 Views)

"God, Bless My Mother With Another Baby" - 5-year-old Boy's Heartwarming Prayers / See the list I was given before I can fence up a land property / Igbo People Translate This In English (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Igbo People Translate This For Me And God Will Bless You by Nobody: 8:54pm On Apr 11, 2017
espionagesavvy:
It's something like a prayer, It translates thus. On the day of the hunt, the spot we will choose to hunt will be the village of the bush meat..

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Igbo People Translate This For Me And God Will Bless You by Nobody: 9:19pm On Apr 11, 2017
Modestdude and proudmum have nailed it.

At the right time
At the appointed time
At the D day
See you again at (as in the above)

It originated when Owerri was made up of 5 autonomous communities.

Hencce:
Ubochi nta ka anyi chuo n'Owerri Nchi Ise.
(Owerri Nchi Ise - the original owners of Owerri).

Modernization set in with the creation of more autonomous communities that the (ise-5) is no longer attached to it.

Please it has nothing to do with hunting o!

It can equally replace "good night" meaning "see you the next day or till tomorrow"

It can be used for a good or bad purpose depending on the context. Eg querrel or happy moments.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

More Of The Time Praying And Fasting Than Actually Making Love! / I Regret / My 2 Year Old Marriage Is Shaking. This Is What Is Happening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.