Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,432 members, 7,836,734 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:04 PM

More Of The Time Praying And Fasting Than Actually Making Love! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / More Of The Time Praying And Fasting Than Actually Making Love! (4023 Views)

It Is Proper To Have Sex During Fasting Period? / Making Love & Raising A Family / Things A Man Should Do For His Wife All The Time (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

More Of The Time Praying And Fasting Than Actually Making Love! by Nobody: 4:56am On Apr 18, 2013
Hello all...I'm a newly married woman in need of advice.I got married in January and evrything has been okay between me and hubby,looking forward to making wonderful babies BUT I jst reached a conclusion just yesterday ; we spend more time praying and fasting than actually making love and babies.What do you do in this kinda situation? I'm a God fearing person but in fear of bin called another "thing" when I demand for sex during our fasting session!pls help!
Re: More Of The Time Praying And Fasting Than Actually Making Love! by jeffizy(m): 6:47am On Apr 18, 2013
Congrats on your wedding.
May you have fullness of joy till old age. Amen.

Kindly talk to your husband about it. It's a personal issue.

Or is your hubby a virgin?

Find a nice moment to tell him your worries. Preferably after his favorite meal.

You will be fine.

1 Like

Re: More Of The Time Praying And Fasting Than Actually Making Love! by baby124: 6:55am On Apr 18, 2013
grin grin grin
Hilarious OP, good that you have a religious husband. Is he a pastor? Or are you guys praying for a specific need. Its been 4 months of mostly praying and fasting That is a long time o. grin. If he is a pastor and you guy's relationship had been a certain rigid way, being a tiger in bed or needing sex often can raise eyebrows. Like, "my wife can't battle the flesh. cheesy."

1 Like

Re: More Of The Time Praying And Fasting Than Actually Making Love! by damiso(f): 7:08am On Apr 18, 2013
Awwww.Bless him.Unfortunately i really have not experienced such(its more like the other way round i have to take permission to fast most times sef grin grin).

Maybe try to talk about it in a joking manner.Try not to come across as resenting the fasting and prayer(there is no such thing as too much prayer) but as you are trying for a baby maybe joke that Faith without works is dead cheesy. Dont be anxious about the whole having a baby thing though,He makes all things beautiful in His time.Enjoy this time with your man as much as possible.Thank God you have a man who knows God.Those other things can be learnt.

I would have suggested some more radical things wink but if your hubby is very very spirikoko it might come across as offensive.As baby said it might be like you cant battle the flesh.Is your relationship very formal i.e sis bro kind of thing?

3 Likes

Re: More Of The Time Praying And Fasting Than Actually Making Love! by kindway: 12:11pm On Apr 18, 2013
Who says you cant have se.x after fasting. U guys breaks the fast by 6.00 then aftyer meal.. you are his next target to break ....

What is all this fasting without sex for married couple... I beggy go do the do after breaking your fast Jare...

3 Likes

Re: More Of The Time Praying And Fasting Than Actually Making Love! by Nobody: 1:01pm On Apr 18, 2013
Thanx evrybody,I appreciate!
Re: More Of The Time Praying And Fasting Than Actually Making Love! by Pataki: 1:43pm On Apr 18, 2013
LOL!

Use your woman power on him. Fasting or no fasting, once you are able to seduce your man sexually.....he has no choice than to succumb!
Re: More Of The Time Praying And Fasting Than Actually Making Love! by jeffizy(m): 1:47pm On Apr 18, 2013
^^^^ pataki, badt guy.
Re: More Of The Time Praying And Fasting Than Actually Making Love! by tasandra: 7:45pm On Apr 18, 2013
@Op,try usein ur woman power afta fastin,it works :Pall the best in ur garden of eden..enjoy it.
Re: More Of The Time Praying And Fasting Than Actually Making Love! by greatgod2012(f): 10:43am On Apr 19, 2013
Better thank your star that hes not an ungdly man, if not so, the marriage would have become hell for you, all you just have to do is to cooperate with him during the fasting, and after breaking, seduce him, hes your husband, you should be able to know what he can easily fall for, abeg, enjoy your godly marriage jare.
Re: More Of The Time Praying And Fasting Than Actually Making Love! by GraceBestowed(f): 10:55am On Apr 19, 2013
EWO! I would have thought that being intimate with your husband would not be a problem whilst fasting. To be honest, we sometimes take things a bit far, and end up being too religious as opposed to being spiritual, I'm always asking God for the right balance.

Please, speak to your husband, he will become your best friend (if he already isn't) so telling him how you feel is the foundation of a good, rock solid, relationship. Being intimate within a marriage is a blessing, and an amazing gift, from God. If you don't sow the seed, you will not reap the harvest!
Re: More Of The Time Praying And Fasting Than Actually Making Love! by OperaMini1(m): 10:55am On Apr 19, 2013
greatgod2012: Better thank your star that hes not an ungdly man, if not so, the marriage would have become hell for you, all you just have to do is to cooperate with him during the fasting, and after breaking, seduce him, hes your husband, you should be able to know what he can easily fall for, abeg, enjoy your godly marriage jare.

Haba madam, seducing person wey just finish fasting, aren't you sending him back to fast again for forgiveness of sin?
Re: More Of The Time Praying And Fasting Than Actually Making Love! by MumZ(f): 11:50am On Apr 19, 2013
Dere's time 4 everytn, pple av 2 learn 2 bal tins up. Prayer n fastn every nw n den. He shld knw as a xtian, nt performn hs husbandly duties is a no no. U guys r marrid nw, no excuses abeg.
Re: More Of The Time Praying And Fasting Than Actually Making Love! by NewJ: 12:04pm On Apr 19, 2013
Re: More Of The Time Praying And Fasting Than Actually Making Love! by NewJ: 12:05pm On Apr 19, 2013
Since your man will only pay attention to Bible things and not much of your emotional needs

Seduce him with THE SONGS OF SOLOMOM

Chapter 1:4"He shall lie all night betwixt my breasts.
:22"Open to me, my sister, my love, my dove, my undefiled.
:25"I opened to my beloved; but my beloved had withdrawn himself.
:28"The joints of thy thighs are like jewels"
:30"Thy two breasts are like two young roes that are twins."

:20 "Come ... blow upon my garden, that the spices thereof may flow out. Let my beloved come into his
garden,and eat his pleasant fruits."

Stop reading Lamentations sister, Songs of Solomon will bring out the best in your husband. grin

9 Likes

Re: More Of The Time Praying And Fasting Than Actually Making Love! by greatgod2012(f): 12:07pm On Apr 19, 2013
Opera Mini:

Haba madam, seducing person wey just finish fasting, aren't you sending him back to fast again for forgiveness of sin?

is she not his wife
what is sin there
Re: More Of The Time Praying And Fasting Than Actually Making Love! by greatgod2012(f): 12:12pm On Apr 19, 2013
NewJ: Since your man will only pay attention to Bible things and not much of your emotional needs

Seduce him with THE SONGS OF SOLOMOM

Chapter 1:4"He shall lie all night betwixt my breasts.
:22"Open to me, my sister, my love, my dove, my undefiled.
:25"I opened to my beloved; but my beloved had withdrawn himself.
:28"The joints of thy thighs are like jewels"
:30"Thy two breasts are like two young roes that are twins."

:20 "Come ... blow upon my garden, that the spices thereof may flow out. Let my beloved come into his
garden,and eat his pleasant fruits."

Stop reading Lamentations sister, Songs of Solomon will bring out the best in your husband. grin

thank you jare, in asmuch as it is within marriage, seduction is allowed, afterall, they are husband and wife, why will the man sef deny his wife because of fasting and prayer, isnt time for everything........time to be intimate and time to pray, none should interfere with each other.

May God help them o..
Re: More Of The Time Praying And Fasting Than Actually Making Love! by Pataki: 12:24pm On Apr 19, 2013
I know of a couple who actually pray and bind every demon before they make love. grin
Re: More Of The Time Praying And Fasting Than Actually Making Love! by HARDDON: 12:26pm On Apr 19, 2013
another life's equation that needs total balancing.

fasting and praying are for specific high needs. 'dis goeth not out unless with fasting and prayer'

not everyday routine because such times, you r set apart for special fellowship with your creator, you are meant to be soaked in d word, deep thoughts and in supplication.
and all mudane things, including luv making shld be avoided. so you one can focus.

He is yours gurl, talk to him.

Benny Hinn, the great preacher, who showed God's great works in many miraculous acts, actually got carried away at a point in time that he dedicated all to the ministry forgeting his wife along the line. it was only God who brought her back after leaving him.

dont die in silence dear.
Re: More Of The Time Praying And Fasting Than Actually Making Love! by DukeNija(m): 6:19pm On Apr 19, 2013
baby_123: grin grin grin
Hilarious OP, good that you have a religious husband. Is he a pastor? Or are you guys praying for a specific need. Its been 4 months of mostly praying and fasting That is a long time o. grin. If he is a pastor and you guy's relationship had been a certain rigid way, being a tiger in bed or needing sex often can raise eyebrows. Like, "my wife can't battle the flesh. cheesy."

grin grin grin
Re: More Of The Time Praying And Fasting Than Actually Making Love! by filani(m): 1:11pm On Apr 20, 2013
Babymumsy: Hello all...I'm a newly married woman in need of advice.I got married in January and evrything has been okay between me and hubby,looking forward to making wonderful babies BUT I jst reached a conclusion just yesterday ; we spend more time praying and fasting than actually making love and babies.What do you do in this kinda situation? I'm a God fearing person but in fear of bin called another "thing" when I demand for sex during our fasting session!pls help!

@ babymumsy

After reading your post I can't help but wonder, what is your true motivation?
From your post it shows that you are interested in sex not making love as you claimed ( yes, there is a difference between the two)with your hubby with the sole aim of getting pregnant and becoming a mother.This by itself
Is not bad/wrong as long as your hubby is on the same page with you but when done with a self centered spirit it is tantamount to you just using your hubbys body to get what you want ( a baby) regardless of his feelings.
Call me crazy but knowing that my wife just sees me as a means to an end does not inspire me to desire her more , if anything I will be turned off . If all you want is sex then you could just as easily have sex with any guy you meet on the street and still achieve your goal (a baby)

Now if you were really concerned about making love to your hubby as you claimed your mindset would be along these lines

"By night on my bed I sought him whom my soul loveth, I sought him and found him not.
I will rise now and I will seek him whom my soul loveth"
Song of songs 3: 1 - 2

"Awake O north wind ,blow upon my garden that the spices thereof may flow out.Let my beloved come into his garden and eat his (fill of) pleasant fruits"
Song of songs 4:16

Did you catch the revelation? A wife concerned with making love with her hubby is only thinking of how to express her love and longing for him, to give of herself to him because she takes pleasure in giving him pleasure not for what she will get in the bargain .

So Babymumsy, I ask you again, What is your motivation?
Re: More Of The Time Praying And Fasting Than Actually Making Love! by Nobody: 11:30pm On Apr 20, 2013
Pataki: LOL!

Use your woman power on him. Fasting or no fasting, once you are able to seduce your man sexually.....he has no choice than to succumb!
it is not as easy as that, do u know what fasting does? It kills the flesh and reduce fleshy desires to a barest minimum, if a man is high in spirit believe me even a woman's total unclothedness ill not move him, they should talk thing over nd strike a balance.

it is not as easy as that, do u know what fasting does? It kills the flesh and reduce fleshy desires to a barest minimum, if a man is high in spirit believe me even a woman's total unclothedness ill not move him, they should talk thing over nd strike a balance.

Re: More Of The Time Praying And Fasting Than Actually Making Love! by slimyem: 12:09am On Apr 21, 2013
Pataki: I know of a couple who actually pray and bind every demon before they make love. grin
do they also bless the prick and punny before the action? tongue

2 Likes

Re: More Of The Time Praying And Fasting Than Actually Making Love! by Pataki: 12:40am On Apr 21, 2013
slimyem: do they also bless the prick and punny before the action? tongue

Prayer is needed for utmost performance. We should try it together sometime soon. tongue
Re: More Of The Time Praying And Fasting Than Actually Making Love! by Nobody: 8:58am On Apr 21, 2013
With all these marriage palavers I have read here,seems marriage aint worth all the hype sef,last thread,my husband wants se.x every night,now this one complaining about having a too religious man. What's the purpose of courtship before marriage,if you all come here to complain.

I tired for this stories sef,maybe I should just get a baby-mama sef,than living with someone who pretended all through the courtship.

Back to the topic,maybe your husband is impotent,hiding under religion,go get yourself his driver,or your house help.

Nuff said.
Re: More Of The Time Praying And Fasting Than Actually Making Love! by Nobody: 4:54pm On Apr 21, 2013
Yomieluv: With all these marriage palavers I have read here,seems marriage aint worth all the hype sef,last thread,my husband wants se.x every night,now this one complaining about having a too religious man. What's the purpose of courtship before marriage,if you all come here to complain.

I tired for this stories sef,maybe I should just get a baby-mama sef,than living with someone who pretended all through the courtship.

Back to the topic,maybe your husband is impotent,hiding under religion,go get yourself his driver,or your house help.

Nuff said.

I reject that last paragraph *smiles* I can neva do that!
Re: More Of The Time Praying And Fasting Than Actually Making Love! by armyofone(m): 5:12pm On Apr 21, 2013
for married people, no need praying. just do it and do it right. but if it is bf/courtship relationship, for sure put prayer and fasting first.
Re: More Of The Time Praying And Fasting Than Actually Making Love! by Nobody: 5:35pm On Apr 21, 2013
armyofone: for married people, no need praying. just do it and do it right. but if it is bf/courtship relationship, for sure put prayer and fasting first.

No o! Even married people have to pray and fast to bind all powers of flaccidity of the pe*nis, premature eja*culation, inability to orga*sm, even powers of missionary position only. grin Plenty prayer is needed jare. grin grin

1 Like

Re: More Of The Time Praying And Fasting Than Actually Making Love! by armyofone(m): 7:52pm On Apr 21, 2013
grin grin

you want me to choke on this alfredo ala periperi grin

Jisos, grin grin
you quenched me with laughter.

ileobatojo:

No o! Even married people have to pray and fast to bind all powers of flaccidity of the pe*nis, premature eja*culation, inability to orga*sm, even powers of missionary position only. grin Plenty prayer is needed jare. grin grin

flaccid kini? grin this calls for night vigil prayer and fast at olomo rock. shortage of tadpoles or tailess tadpoles nko? bind them in mighty name of thy Lord grin

1 Like

Re: More Of The Time Praying And Fasting Than Actually Making Love! by Nobody: 8:32pm On Apr 21, 2013
armyofone: grin grin

you want me to choke on this alfredo ala periperi grin

Jisos, grin grin
you quenched me with laughter.

flaccid kini? grin this calls for night vigil prayer and fast at olomo rock. shortage of tadpoles or tailess tadpoles nko? bind them in mighty name of thy Lord grin

Tail-less tadpoles! Yeepa! Bwahahaha! grin grin You see, prayer is the only way o. Make dem dey bind dey go!
Re: More Of The Time Praying And Fasting Than Actually Making Love! by bellong: 12:33pm On May 31, 2013
Poster, I hope the situation has improved? Just seeing this. If not show your husband this passage, let him read

1Corinthians 7:1-5.

Fasting and praying everytime, neglecting the needs of the wife is unwise and not even godly in a christian union. Tell him to learn to live a balanced life.
Re: More Of The Time Praying And Fasting Than Actually Making Love! by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jun 06, 2013
Thanx to evrybody! The situation has changed for the better! Gracias!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pls Can Someone Tell Me How I've Wronged My Elder Sister / Girls holding Their Garment Upward Showing Their Behind Shape / My Wife Hates Me. I Feel Hopeless And Depressed. I Don't Know What To Do...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.