Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,284 members, 7,829,644 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) (48099 Views)

Shoprite Ilorin Shut Down After Massive Crowd Stormed Their Store (Photos) / Nigerian Court Awards $10 Million Damages Against Shoprite For Contract Breach / Shoprite Ilorin Shuts Its Doors As A Result Of Too Much Customers Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by olumidazz: 12:22pm On Nov 28, 2015
May be someone trying to flex muscles... Nigerians and issues of vendetta...
Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by Kalani: 12:22pm On Nov 28, 2015
They should be fined at least 10% of our budget.

Nigeria: completing its budget with fines since 2015AG(after goodluck)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by IAmTobore(m): 12:23pm On Nov 28, 2015
Bonapart:
Boko northern kids
What's your point?
Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by Achiles: 12:24pm On Nov 28, 2015
Farnsworth:
what rubbish... why not seal Nigerian markets... just trying to another inconvenience a company investing in Nigeria, why not just give them a warning and fine them... closing ensure they are not making money... if the product is expired tell them to put expiry date on it and check it before selling it.

You are actually more foolish and naive than people give you credit for!

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by banio: 12:24pm On Nov 28, 2015
Pls fine them #1 trillion. We need money to fund our 2016 budget.
Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by excel101(m): 12:25pm On Nov 28, 2015
Farnsworth:
what rubbish... why not seal Nigerian markets... just trying to another inconvenience a company investing in Nigeria, why not just give them a warning and fine them... closing ensure they are not making money... if the product is expired tell them to put expiry date on it and check it before selling it.
. My friend m not sure if u live on out planet earth, in biz world u dnt warn an organization dat sells expired edibles, cos dey are aware of d safety rules and health hazards emanating from such. Moreover its not a must to comment on issues u dnt knw anything about.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by shizzy7(f): 12:26pm On Nov 28, 2015
Farnsworth:
What a post..

On the first day of registering, you are being welcomed like this......
Its ya fault sha oooo

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by Nobody: 12:27pm On Nov 28, 2015
Pheals:
...fake and expired product no wonder does ajebutter dey become fat grin grin
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by Idrismusty97(m): 12:27pm On Nov 28, 2015
Sijo01:

Is this ignorance or stupidity?
Both.
Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by ray501(m): 12:28pm On Nov 28, 2015
Farnsworth:

U must b very sick...

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by xerxes456(m): 12:28pm On Nov 28, 2015
luckman20:
So they shut people too?
. Expired people... grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by excel101(m): 12:28pm On Nov 28, 2015
Farnsworth:
. Dnt be surprised dat dey don't have such expired edibles in their shops in South Africa

1 Like

Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by Nobody: 12:29pm On Nov 28, 2015
bellville:
The staff aren't doing their job well. They ought to take stock from time to time and remove expired products.
sure, I see someone loosing his job for negligence.
Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by SweetSoup(m): 12:32pm On Nov 28, 2015
Sijo01:

Both
Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by Nobody: 12:32pm On Nov 28, 2015
menix:
No wonder I no longer last..

Shoprite ve killed my Duracel...
funny guy. Na that one concern you
Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by Nobody: 12:33pm On Nov 28, 2015
dedugbaa:

What!!! I can't believe a nigerian just said or insinuated that a verbal warning is enough,IS. IT UNTILL PEOPLE START DYING ?
If you find out very well,you will discover that the guy or lady is not a Nigerian. He or she is most probably a PDP GEJ ass licker AKA BIAFRAN AKA MASSOB. They are the ones who will be fast to curse Buhari, call Nigeria a zoo when it is convenient for them bit when the country is bringing some sanity to Nigeria, they wail witch hunting and say Buhari is driving investors our of Nigeria. In USA if such thing happen, na 10billion dollar settlement go finish am for court.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by mikron(m): 12:34pm On Nov 28, 2015
make dem torchlight dstv too. those people are thieves

1 Like

Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by Nobody: 12:34pm On Nov 28, 2015
Omoakinsuyi:
Shutting not enough,Fine them N3trn
Ewooo, how much them they make?
Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by JayJustus(m): 12:34pm On Nov 28, 2015
Farnsworth:

and you decided to start using your yansh to think...johnny i have always told you that yansh is for shyte and not for thinking

1 Like

Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by favourlove1: 12:35pm On Nov 28, 2015
Sijo01:

abeg help me ask am again. I think he doesn't knw that the offence is punishable by death in some countries. Now others would learn
Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by OKUCHI11(m): 12:35pm On Nov 28, 2015
Farnsworth:
no be by force to spew rubbish na .... d insult wey you chop here no be small

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by menix(m): 12:35pm On Nov 28, 2015
Abbykem:
funny guy. Na that one concern you

Meaning u will accept me that way?

Fine gal I like ur Polo.
Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by Amiano(m): 12:36pm On Nov 28, 2015
xenophobia retaliation, after destroying shops ad super market owned by Nigerians & u expect ur own companies n firms to flourish in Nigeria? No way. DSTV is nxt

1 Like

Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by tinktanker: 12:43pm On Nov 28, 2015
teeboila:
What are you saying?
Selling expired goods is like selling poison to the public, so you want the government to warn someone selling poison?
Bro you wicked ooo
d govt can frame stories up just to get at any organisation. I am 90% sure it's a witch hunt.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by Nobody: 12:44pm On Nov 28, 2015
basilo101:
Igbo traders making shoprites goods expire on their shelves
Kiddo.
Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by salmankahn(m): 12:44pm On Nov 28, 2015
Why ppl no go buy expired product? SHOPeba,SHOPamala,SHOPakpu,SHOPtuwo etc dey there una no go.i beg fuel dey for una area?
Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by sanko05(m): 12:47pm On Nov 28, 2015
Good developement by lagos state government
Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by depezee(m): 12:47pm On Nov 28, 2015
The commission should also check on other Nigerian supermarkets for expired products and same punishment given to them if found culpable.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by pedrilo: 12:47pm On Nov 28, 2015
Farnsworth:
we are our own enemy in nigeria
Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by sanko05(m): 12:50pm On Nov 28, 2015
Farnsworth:
u must be a south african man

1 Like

Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by bigtt76(f): 12:50pm On Nov 28, 2015
Like seriously, I went once to the Shoprite at the Palms Lekki to buy bacon. As I was sifting through to select the best, I now saw a big fly wrapped together with the bacon shocked

I called the attention of the section manager and he only took the pack inside the butchery ...I guess to get it repackaged. My only regret was not being with camera enabled-mobile phone that day.

Sent them a Facebook chat on the issue and they were less concerned sef ...I've stopped buying bacon from there.

Just last week, I went to the Palms again and paid a visit to Shoprite .....the whole place was full of stench as if a rat died somewhere embarassed so repulsive. Shoprite Nigeria has been the main cause why I don't buy fruits from Grocery stores in Nigeria ...so filthy and scary. You might end up buying a rat played fruit grin

Sad but I believe this is more or less a Nigerian factor thing undecided We lack maintenance culture as well as genuine supervision responsibility. A case of ...'Na my papa get am?' or 'Na me send dem?'.

You're shopping with your hard-earned money and some staff there would be looking at you as if 'wetin de do this one sef?'.

If the brand owners decide to fire the Nigerian staff now, it will be like they're being anti-Nigerian local content but na we de take our hand kill ourselves.

The store manager at the Shoprite would definitely be a Nigerian ....I challenge him or her to produce a written communication to the management informing of the products expiration and their refusal to act.

I remember going to Shoprite one day and saw a heap of Shortbread grin at ridiculously cheap price (not in Nigeria though), I checked and checked to make sure not expired but it was not ...bought a couple and men ...it was delicious but not expired. I'm still wondering why I didn't charter the whole box grin awuf de run belle o.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by Nobody: 12:52pm On Nov 28, 2015
If Ambode want let him close it till thy kingdom come I didn't matter, as far as they are already building a New Shoprite in the back of my house here in MaryLand

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tony Elumelu Shares His Throwback Photo (How It Started Vs How It Is Going) / What Lucrative Business Can A Student Start With #50,000 / Femi Otedola’s Celebrates Christmas With 89-Year-Old Mother Lady Doja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.