Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,518 members, 7,812,606 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:08 PM

Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) (48053 Views)

Shoprite Ilorin Shut Down After Massive Crowd Stormed Their Store (Photos) / Nigerian Court Awards $10 Million Damages Against Shoprite For Contract Breach / Shoprite Ilorin Shuts Its Doors As A Result Of Too Much Customers Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by loomer: 5:17pm On Nov 28, 2015
Only nigeria things dey different, pursue customers like say na free dem come collect goods.
Why not seal the place as early as 5am before people come the premises
Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by rhames(m): 5:55pm On Nov 28, 2015
We once told the South Africans that if Nigeria is to take revenge for the Xenophobic killings in South Africa, they will not like our reaction. From MTN to Shoprite and other outlets will follow soon. Thank God Lagos state is still maintaining its place as the Center of Excellence. Keep it up.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by nikkyshyne(f): 6:16pm On Nov 28, 2015
Good one. I am a victim of their expired products. Most of their body creams and scrubs have either expired or about a month to expire. I usually thread carefully when I enter that particular branch of shoprite. Good one once again.
Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by Nobody: 6:34pm On Nov 28, 2015
Godyke:

It is you that need to use your brain for just moving with the crowd. At least I used my brain to ask whose responsibility is it to seal a business or any premises for safety. And what is the name of that agency and how many of such premises have they sealed so far and for what reason, and why take on SHOPRITE alone. In this case if it has to do with food and drug, it is entirely the duty of NAFDAC and not any state government. Go get some sense
as far it is for the the good of the people. No problem.
Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by MduZA: 7:15pm On Nov 28, 2015
rhames:
We once told the South Africans that if Nigeria is to take revenge for the Xenophobic killings in South Africa, they will not like our reaction. From MTN to Shoprite and other outlets will follow soon. Thank God Lagos state is still maintaining its place as the Center of Excellence. Keep it up.

lol...so you are retaliating?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by jstmorgan(m): 7:18pm On Nov 28, 2015
Market dy even sell the ones dat has expired last year hope they catch those ones too
Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by MduZA: 7:26pm On Nov 28, 2015

Orikinla:
[size=18pt]From MTN TO SHOPRITE.
NIGERIA VERSUS SOUTH AFRICA PART 2.[/size]

lol

1 Like

Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by toksbisola: 7:43pm On Nov 28, 2015
This is a very good move; they must think that because they are growing large and fast in the country, that gives them the right to sell expired and sub standard goods. Hope it'll be a lesson learnt by other supermarkets/local markets who thrive on selling expired and sub standard goods to the public.

In some advanced countries, their health industry are conducting various research as to why the rate of cancer is getting to an alarming rate. One of the finger-pointers relates to the type of food products we consume and it includes the expired food that people still consume after the expiry date.

When a food is expired, the best thing to do is to THROW IT AWAY as a lot of food products have preservatives in them. Never buy expired food even if the price is reduced or even if given to you for free, THROW IT OUT as you might be eating poisonous toxins into your system. A word is enough for the wise.

I rest my case

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by solpat(m): 7:45pm On Nov 28, 2015
Nice work by the Commission but dem gat come Benin city and raid those wack shopping malls wey dey sell products wey don reach 1month to expire. undecided
Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by banjorin89(m): 7:56pm On Nov 28, 2015
nice move... some years back i bought body spray that smelled like rotten egg from the same shoprite
Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by rhames(m): 8:03pm On Nov 28, 2015
MduZA:

lol...so you are retaliating?

There is no other way to describe a fine of $5bn on MTN if that of Shop rite is understandable.
Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by fakooblak(m): 8:33pm On Nov 28, 2015
[quote author=Farnsworth post=40484343]what rubbish... why not seal Nigerian markets... just trying to another inconvenience a company investing in Nigeria, why not just give them a warning and fine them... closing ensure they are not making money... if the product is expired tell them to put expiry date on it and check it before selling it. [/quot

Contributing to our economy doesn't gv dem d gut to start killing us.
Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by Nobody: 8:40pm On Nov 28, 2015
Farnsworth:
what rubbish... why not seal Nigerian markets... just trying to another inconvenience a company investing in Nigeria, why not just give them a warning and fine them... closing ensure they are not making money... if the product is expired tell them to put expiry date on it and check it before selling it.
Would you rather they were left to continue until we start consuming poison.So dumb,we are trying to fix this country & you still pull us back.Are you a Nigerian
Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by Nobody: 8:43pm On Nov 28, 2015
Good! we need to start from somewhere,if that place is Shop right then God help us.We must fix Nigeria.
Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by mastermind1759(m): 8:52pm On Nov 28, 2015
Mak I go check the juice I bought 4rm dere tnk God say I neva drink am..all dos paparrazi 4 shoprite is poison..Gosh! Who cn we trust dis days
Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by mavinc4u(f): 9:07pm On Nov 28, 2015
i really do not know why i don't believe this. Are we sure that they are selling expired products or there is something we don't know? can anyone here confirm buying expired products from shop rite. i don't believe Anonymous customers, i want real customers to confirm that too.
Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by 4nobody4every1: 9:50pm On Nov 28, 2015
mavinc4u:
i really do not know why i don't believe this. Are we sure that they are selling expired products or there is something we don't know? can anyone here confirm buying expired products from shop rite. i don't believe Anonymous customers, i want real customers to confirm that too.
nikkyshyne:
Good one. I am a victim of their expired products. Most of their body creams and scrubs have either expired or about a month to expire. I usually thread carefully when I enter that particular branch of shoprite. Good one once again.
cool wink
Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by 14(m): 9:52pm On Nov 28, 2015
Orikinla:
[size=18pt]From MTN TO SHOPRITE. NIGERIA VERSUS SOUTH AFRICA PART 2.[/size]
mmmmmhhhhh
Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by mavinc4u(f): 10:03pm On Nov 28, 2015
4nobody4every1:
cool wink

And what did the guy do when he saw the products that are about to expire or has expired?
Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by 14(m): 10:17pm On Nov 28, 2015
This is setting a bad precident, nigerian managers/management are failing SA BUSINESES. When they start bringing in managers from SA, same nigerians will be the ones crying faul. Dont be surprised whem most of shoprite managers will be south africans. look what happened to MTNi! MANAGERS IGNORING,,order.
Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by sunkoye: 10:18pm On Nov 28, 2015
Sijo01:

Is this ignorance or stupidity?
both sis... cheesy
Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by Nobody: 10:23pm On Nov 28, 2015
most of the time whenever i buy fresh or smoked chicken from shoprite lekki or surulere...it always goes funny>>>I think that where wizkid got ''don't go funny'' from in his if i show u d money lyrics
Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by marv1: 10:23pm On Nov 28, 2015
Nigerian are funny. Are u the one that would teach them their job? That u are used to take expired things in nigeria doesnt make it right. In south africa they cant even sell bread of previous day.
Farnsworth:
what rubbish... why not seal Nigerian markets... just trying to another inconvenience a company investing in Nigeria, why not just give them a warning and fine them... closing ensure they are not making money... if the product is expired tell them to put expiry date on it and check it before selling it.
Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by marv1: 10:24pm On Nov 28, 2015
Nigerians are funny. Are u the one that would teach them their job? That u are used to take expired things in nigeria doesnt make it right. In south africa they cant even sell bread of previous day, let alone expired food.
Farnsworth:
Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by tola9ja: 10:44pm On Nov 28, 2015
Farnsworth:
what rubbish... why not seal Nigerian markets... just trying to another inconvenience a company investing in Nigeria, why not just give them a warning and fine them... closing ensure they are not making money...
teeboila
What are you saying?
Selling expired goods is like selling poison to the public, so you want the government to warn someone selling poison?
Bro you wicked ooo
b[b]ro you made a mistake the guy is simple senseless and his brain is covered with tumor[/b]
Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by adewumiopeyemi(m): 11:40pm On Nov 28, 2015
That is why u people need to sshop at jumia d online retail.. is thebest
Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by Nobody: 1:03am On Nov 29, 2015
Farnsworth:

Fool
Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by shockwave(m): 3:39am On Nov 29, 2015
Farnsworth:

You're a slowpoke!
Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by MduZA: 3:59am On Nov 29, 2015
G
Farnsworth:
what rubbish... why not seal Nigerian markets... just trying to another iinconvenience a company investing in Nigeria, why not just give them a warning and fine them... closing ensure they are not making money... if the product is expired tell them to put expiry date on it and check it before selling it.

you got a point...dont worry about the cruxifixion

1 Like

Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by Nani2512(m): 7:19am On Nov 29, 2015
Farnsworth:
. Guy anyone that's think like u in this century need help
Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by enilowo(m): 12:45pm On Nov 29, 2015
Farnsworth:

You are fool
Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by victora1: 1:25pm On Nov 29, 2015
metronaija:
The Lagos State Safety Commission has shut the multi-billion multi-national shopping outlet, Shoprite located at the Ikeja Shopping Mall, Ikeja, Lagos, for allegedly breaching safety law.

Officials of the commission were said to have stormed Shoprite on Friday afternoon and drove everyone out and sealed off the massive premises, placing a seal order at the entrance.
The seal order notice read:

“Sealed, this premises has been sealed following the breach of safety law. This seal must not be broken. For further enquiries, contact the Commission.”

On Friday night, many customers who did not know that the place had been shut were stranded outside the premises.
However, a source in the commission told reporters that the place was shut for failing to abide by the safety laws of the state.

The source said there had been complaints by members of the public about adulterated and expired products being sold in the outlet, adding that investigation was also carried out before the place was shut.
Investigation revealed that some products that were supposed to expire in one month’s time were found on the shelves of Shoprite in Ikeja.
A customer, who craved anonymity, said she once bought expired milk at Shoprite, saying that the closure of the outlet was long overdue.
There have also been complaints by others about expired products at various Shoprite outlets.
Officials of Shoprite have been asked to report at the commission’s office on Monday while the outlet remains shut throughout the weekend.

http://www.metronaija.com/2015/11/photos-lagos-shuts-shoprite-over-breach.html

[img]http://1.bp..com/-hk6VZhyjCQU/Vllagmk0qYI/AAAAAAACaFk/Bd61fOLKFbo/s1600/Shoprite-2-448x336.jpg[/img]
[img]http://1.bp..com/-tteruR5TVcw/VllaVFM2rUI/AAAAAAACaFc/DB2bfm_M7rU/s1600/CU2ueGuVEAAEaxM.jpg[/img]

Nice one. Now someone is doing their job.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Newly Completed Phase Of Ariaria International Market With Lift & AC Added (Pic) / What To Do When You Send Money To The Wrong Account / Tony Elumelu Shares His Throwback Photo (How It Started Vs How It Is Going)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.