Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,307 members, 7,829,721 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) (48100 Views)

Shoprite Ilorin Shut Down After Massive Crowd Stormed Their Store (Photos) / Nigerian Court Awards $10 Million Damages Against Shoprite For Contract Breach / Shoprite Ilorin Shuts Its Doors As A Result Of Too Much Customers Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by justjify(m): 2:36pm On Nov 28, 2015
Farnsworth:
what rubbish... why not seal Nigerian markets... just trying to another inconvenience a company investing in Nigeria, why not just give them a warning and fine them... closing ensure they are not making money... if the product is expired tell them to put expiry date on it and check it before selling it.

Now see how you have put yourself to shame, after you will say its the devil. angry
Ooh! Wait ooh, I guess the expired products you have been consuming is beginning to have an adverse effect on your brain.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by Nobody: 2:42pm On Nov 28, 2015
No be only shoprite na.Supermarket wey dey do this unwholesome act plenty.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by Nobody: 2:42pm On Nov 28, 2015
Farnsworth:
what rubbish... why not seal Nigerian markets... just trying to another inconvenience a company investing in Nigeria, why not just give them a warning and fine them... closing ensure they are not making money... if the product is expired tell them to put expiry date on it and check it before selling it.
is the mgt a child? Didn't he knw what to do in the first place?
Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by doncent12(m): 2:48pm On Nov 28, 2015
It's so funny how everyone is supporting the government for shutting it down. It's foolishness on their side, just to gain cheap point from gullible people like you. If you have ever been into the retail industry, you will understand what it takes to run a retail store and that no matter how stringent you try to be. Why not a warning and then a heavy fine? Do empathize and imagine their lose for that day, bad publicity and undue pressure on their staffs. Nigerians develop una country, una no agree.Others come wan help una develop am, una dey punish dem unduely. I pity Nigeria and Nigerians! Jealousy no go kill una!!! Before you backlash me, try to empathise especially if you are into the retail business chain.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by Nobody: 2:48pm On Nov 28, 2015
metronaija:
The Lagos State Safety Commission has shut the multi-billion multi-national shopping outlet, Shoprite located at the Ikeja Shopping Mall, Ikeja, Lagos, for allegedly breaching safety law.

Officials of the commission were said to have stormed Shoprite on Friday afternoon and drove everyone out and sealed off the massive premises, placing a seal order at the entrance.
The seal order notice read:

“Sealed, this premises has been sealed following the breach of safety law. This seal must not be broken. For further enquiries, contact the Commission.”

On Friday night, many customers who did not know that the place had been shut were stranded outside the premises.
However, a source in the commission told reporters that the place was shut for failing to abide by the safety laws of the state.

The source said there had been complaints by members of the public about adulterated and expired products being sold in the outlet, adding that investigation was also carried out before the place was shut.
Investigation revealed that some products that were supposed to expire in one month’s time were found on the shelves of Shoprite in Ikeja.
A customer, who craved anonymity, said she once bought expired milk at Shoprite, saying that the closure of the outlet was long overdue.
There have also been complaints by others about expired products at various Shoprite outlets.
Officials of Shoprite have been asked to report at the commission’s office on Monday while the outlet remains shut throughout the weekend.

http://www.metronaija.com/2015/11/photos-lagos-shuts-shoprite-over-breach.html

[img]http://1.bp..com/-hk6VZhyjCQU/Vllagmk0qYI/AAAAAAACaFk/Bd61fOLKFbo/s1600/Shoprite-2-448x336.jpg[/img]
[img]http://1.bp..com/-tteruR5TVcw/VllaVFM2rUI/AAAAAAACaFc/DB2bfm_M7rU/s1600/CU2ueGuVEAAEaxM.jpg[/img]

good one! Let start shopriting our own products wink

I got goods to sell!
Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by buchilino(m): 2:49pm On Nov 28, 2015
Olayinka8793:
what is this one saying?

I THINK HE DRANK TOO MUCH ALOMO
Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by Rexnegro(m): 2:49pm On Nov 28, 2015
teeboila:
What are you saying?
Selling expired goods is like selling poison to the public, so you want the government to warn someone selling poison?
Bro you wicked ooo
you dey mind the Mumu? u get time then....a supermarket of that magnitude don't need warning before they correct them....daily checking of their products no hard na so if they don't do it and still have expired products then let them be sealed and face the penalty.
Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by charlsecy(m): 2:49pm On Nov 28, 2015
enigma2007:

There is a time limit before they should be taken off the shelves. One month is too close for comfort and therefore there is nothing like "almost"
When should they be removed?
Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by Nobody: 2:50pm On Nov 28, 2015
Farnsworth:
you are a product of expire SPERM angry

Just look at what you are talking undecided

MUMU
Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by thirty(m): 2:54pm On Nov 28, 2015
This issue is purely between Uncle Tonny Elumelu, Senator Bola Tinubu and APC
from realible source, Bola Tinubu through Lagos State government trying to revenge what happened during the last election when Uncle Tonny and his boys supported PDP in Lagos
Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by Nobody: 2:55pm On Nov 28, 2015
doncent12:
It's so funny how everyone is supporting the government for shutting it down. It's foolishness on their side, just to gain cheap point from gullible people like you. If you have ever been into the retail industry, you will understand what it takes to run a retail store and that no matter how stringent you try to be. Why not a warning and then a heavy fine? Do empathize and imagine their lose for that day, bad publicity and undue pressure on their staffs. Nigerians develop una country, una no agree.Others come wan help una develop am, una dey punish dem unduely. I pity Nigeria and Nigerians! Jealousy no go kill una!!! Before you backlash me, try to empathise especially if you are into the retail business chain.
bros! Go to South Africa and see how there are treating you people over there!

Nigerian have been so kind to this kind of a thing for so long (thank good there are waking up from sleep)

You are into retail just as I am but I don't think you are a good retailer for spewing this RUBBISH OUT OF ya mouth

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by Nobody: 2:55pm On Nov 28, 2015
Farnsworth:

you are a disgrace to this nation,if it was alaba or tejuoso that was shut ul still throw baby tantrums. wake up kid,a new Sheriff is in town.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by Damfostopper(m): 2:57pm On Nov 28, 2015
Farnsworth:
u thought u make sense.....but congratulations for showcasing d world how stuppid u are
Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by thirty(m): 2:58pm On Nov 28, 2015
thirty:
This issue is purely between Uncle Tonny Elumelu, Senator Bola Tinubu and APL.
from realible source, Bola Tinubu through Lagos State government trying to revenge what happened during the last election when Uncle Tonny and his boys supplorted PDP in Lagos

It is not only Shoprite, Uncle Tonny is the contractor handling Falomo shopping center. What is happening to the project?

Stop suffering the masses
Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by Nobody: 3:04pm On Nov 28, 2015
menix:

Chisos!!
Am Blushing..

I dreamt last nite that I will chi a gal friend nd here u come..

I will save u like my last 2k in Lapo bank nd no harm will come to ur heart..
Save ur money dude grin
Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by Nobody: 3:05pm On Nov 28, 2015
Godyke:
Can somebody please list the so called safety laws of Lagos state. And whose responsibility it to seal a business premesis and for which kind of safety concern. There are different types of safety. Workers and workplace safety, consumer safety, food and drug safety. Which one are we talking about here?
use your brain na.
Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by Jidalli007: 3:08pm On Nov 28, 2015
Farnsworth:
When ajepako talk, u must know. Haba!
Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by Nobody: 3:09pm On Nov 28, 2015
luckman20:
So they shut people too?

Officials of the commission were said to have stormed Shoprite on Friday afternoon and drove everyone out and sealed off the massive premises, placing a seal order at the entrance.
read before comments
Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by Demainman1: 3:28pm On Nov 28, 2015
And who will seal off NEPA or is it PHNC?

For 2 months now, no light for my area.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by dikazik(m): 3:29pm On Nov 28, 2015
teeboila:
What are you saying?
Selling expired goods is like selling poison to the public, so you want the government to warn someone selling poison?
Bro you wicked ooo

I smell xenophobia. Na so una hate south Africa reach Mtn slammed 1.4 trillion and now shoprite sealed! There is God oh!!!!
Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by hollowpot15684(m): 3:39pm On Nov 28, 2015
Nonsense.... Ambode u beta go open back Eko tower 2... I'm making serious money from that site....
Danm stupid governor.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by bayulll01(m): 3:48pm On Nov 28, 2015
Farnsworth:

You definitely need a brain check or transplant,oh God why am I living with some retard in this country,can you try that shit in SA,where did u crawl out from
Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by naheem8307(m): 3:51pm On Nov 28, 2015
Farnsworth:

I guess you r one among those that embrace fake product.. here yourself out dude...
Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by Orikinla(m): 3:51pm On Nov 28, 2015
[size=18pt]From MTN TO SHOPRITE.
NIGERIA VERSUS SOUTH AFRICA PART 2.[/size]
Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by thirty(m): 3:52pm On Nov 28, 2015
thirty:

It is not only Shoprite, Uncle Tonny is the contractor handling Falomo shopping center. What is happening to the project?

Stop suffering the masses

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/ambode-cancels-concession-for-falomo-shopping-centre-with-elumelu-s-company/217934/
Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by teeboila(m): 4:00pm On Nov 28, 2015
tinktanker:
d govt can frame stories up just to get at any organisation. I am 90% sure it's a witch hunt.
No be witch hunt alone nah wizard hunt. Someone dey sell expired goods you're here talking about witch hunting, prove it that they are not guilty and i'll agree with your witch hunting theory.
Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by luckman20(m): 4:19pm On Nov 28, 2015
emperorceaser:

read before comments

Check the pictures bro grin
Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by bfa: 4:22pm On Nov 28, 2015
Farnsworth:

Bro. Do you know what is called food poisoning? You sounded like a joke to me. Please visit any hospital around and get knowledge.
You know what?? This same company will never feed its own citizens with poison being fed Nigerians here. I had once watched a documentary of a foreign company that is into big fishery business. In the documentary, the guy being interviewed said the good and robust fishes are shipped to some certain countries why the ROTTEN ones are shipped to Nigeria. Theses foreign companies have all being seen Nigeria as the dumping ground for all sort of sub-standard products and we have miscreants here also that aid their evil business. Same offence "Chocola Royale" in Lekki was found to have committed. This madness must stop, Nigerians are not animals.
Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by mitchyy(f): 4:31pm On Nov 28, 2015
Nice one! Please how can someone report a supermarket for selling expired goods to the commission?
A mall nearby sold a product which was expired two months ago for me. I complained and they asked me to wait for a week when they have new stock. Unfortunately, the so-called new stock they wanted to replace for me was also expired and they didn't even look surprised. At the end, they refunded my cash.
These malls can kill you if you don't shine eye and check products carefully.
Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by Nobody: 4:39pm On Nov 28, 2015
Farnsworth:

Your stupidity is immeasurable.
Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by jullary(m): 4:44pm On Nov 28, 2015
Farnsworth:
my doctor is here to check your brain asap!
Re: Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) by Godyke(m): 5:15pm On Nov 28, 2015
sonofananimal:
use your brain na.

It is you that need to use your brain for just moving with the crowd. At least I used my brain to ask whose responsibility is it to seal a business or any premises for safety. And what is the name of that agency and how many of such premises have they sealed so far and for what reason, and why take on SHOPRITE alone. In this case if it has to do with food and drug, it is entirely the duty of NAFDAC and not any state government. Go get some sense

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tony Elumelu Shares His Throwback Photo (How It Started Vs How It Is Going) / What Lucrative Business Can A Student Start With #50,000 / Femi Otedola’s Celebrates Christmas With 89-Year-Old Mother Lady Doja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.