Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,876 members, 7,813,989 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:32 PM

The Gift Jonathan Gave Obama In 2014 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Gift Jonathan Gave Obama In 2014 (32242 Views)

Aisha Buhari Meets Michelle Obama In New York (Photos) / Jonathan Gave It All As Jesus Christ Did – Fayose / Meet The Man Who Gave Obama's Father Scholarship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Gift Jonathan Gave Obama In 2014 by Amack(m): 8:07am On Nov 29, 2015
I call people like Oby Ezekwesiri overdose hypocrite. With that her ugly face. Okonjo iwela is the best person to help our fallen Economy. Hatred, hypocrite, lies and propaganda. also trying to sabotage her Effort to reform our fallen Economy. Where is oby? So she don't want to bring back her children's again. Association of professional Criminals. APC.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Gift Jonathan Gave Obama In 2014 by gurunlocker: 8:16am On Nov 29, 2015
GEJ.... miss that man
and that monkey face oby no talk about BBOG again, hypocrites.....

1 Like

Re: The Gift Jonathan Gave Obama In 2014 by ericessien24: 8:25am On Nov 29, 2015
Where are the bring back our girls people? Just trying to jeopardize jonathan. Motherrfukerz.

1 Like

Re: The Gift Jonathan Gave Obama In 2014 by oweman: 8:31am On Nov 29, 2015
Its good for Jonathan how his gift was treated .
Re: The Gift Jonathan Gave Obama In 2014 by donralph2000(m): 8:44am On Nov 29, 2015
[quote author=Larynx post=40508215]The truth s his gift is the most unique amongst all other gift.... Tho other gift r superb n expensive buh GEJ's gift was the most valuable of all which will go directly to OBAMA without passing through any screening whatsoever unlike others....

Who says his gift didn't pass through any form of screening You are seriously sleeping on Okada
Re: The Gift Jonathan Gave Obama In 2014 by IbokUtoroh(m): 8:58am On Nov 29, 2015
damisales:
Obama and friends, Jonathan like to dey dash sha. Him na cheerful giver

i bet u didnt read that article.

1 Like

Re: The Gift Jonathan Gave Obama In 2014 by UjSizzle(f): 9:20am On Nov 29, 2015
That Chinese gift sha grin grin

The Saudi king is really the definition of Arab money. Choi!!! shocked

Is it just me or did anyone else notice what was said about the US president buying the gifts or sending them to the National archives?
Wow that's some policy.

Wonder the provision of the law in Nigeria regarding gifts from foreign governments received in office.
Uncle Naptu2?

1 Like

Re: The Gift Jonathan Gave Obama In 2014 by Ekaka1(m): 10:08am On Nov 29, 2015
Seunaj05:
It's not abt the gift, it's abt being courteous. It's a courtesy gift. But I wonder why rich people with all their wealth gets more gifts than the poor and from the poor.
@Seun, you partly answered that question already. The poor don't like the rich and don't give to them vice versa

1 Like

Re: The Gift Jonathan Gave Obama In 2014 by naptu2: 10:44am On Nov 29, 2015
UjSizzle:
That Chinese gift sha grin grin

The Saudi king is really the definition of Arab money. Choi!!! shocked

Is it just me or did anyone else notice what was said about the US president buying the gifts or sending them to the National archives?
Wow that's some policy.

Wonder the provision of the law in Nigeria regarding gifts from foreign governments received in office.
Uncle Naptu2?

This reminds me of the reason that the Babangida government gave for sacking Professor Tam David-West (he was the Minister of Petroleum Resources). They claimed that he received a gift from an oil company (I can't remember if it was a pen or a watch).

CONSTITUTION OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA (1999)

Fifth Schedule

Part I
Code of Conduct for Public Officers

6. (1) A public officer shall not ask for or accept property or benefits of any kind for himself or any other person on account of anything done or omitted to be done by him in the discharge of his duties.

(2) for the purposes of sub-paragraph (1) of this paragraph, the receipt by a public officer of any gifts or benefits from commercial firms, business enterprises or persons who have contracts with the government shall be presumed to have been received in contravention of the said sub-paragraph unless the contrary is proved.

(3) A public officer shall only accept personal gifts or benefits from relatives or personal friends to such extent and on such occasions as are recognised by custom:

Provided that any gift or donation to a public officer on any public or ceremonial occasion shall be treated as a gift to the appropriate institution represented by the public officer, and accordingly, the mere acceptance or receipt of any such gift shall not be treated as a contravention of this provision.

http://www.nigeria-law.org/ConstitutionOfTheFederalRepublicOfNigeria.htm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Gift Jonathan Gave Obama In 2014 by MrKong: 11:33am On Nov 29, 2015
Really?
Re: The Gift Jonathan Gave Obama In 2014 by calabardick(m): 11:35am On Nov 29, 2015
please who is that mma standing beside bro jonah? is that our fellow widdow?
Re: The Gift Jonathan Gave Obama In 2014 by Cocoyamu: 11:45am On Nov 29, 2015
Hmmn... I just dey look that Madagascar gift.
"Golden bull with 3 diamond eyes maybe, and worth $696.
END TIME GIFT!!! *in Lasisi69 voice*
Re: The Gift Jonathan Gave Obama In 2014 by ipreach: 12:14pm On Nov 29, 2015
Champion for Women? Lol
Re: The Gift Jonathan Gave Obama In 2014 by Nobody: 12:44pm On Nov 29, 2015
Its good we didn't hear that he gave him free OIL.

I for give am custumized multi-purpose Love Machine if na me oh! After all, its the west, and anything goes.
Re: The Gift Jonathan Gave Obama In 2014 by Nobody: 7:54pm On Nov 29, 2015
Auxiliary:
Today is my birthday...and thanks to all nairalanders for keeping me alive wink

Nairalanders kept u alive?? U must be a woman, they're the only beings who reason like dis.
Re: The Gift Jonathan Gave Obama In 2014 by vicmoore7(m): 8:45pm On Nov 29, 2015
Re: The Gift Jonathan Gave Obama In 2014 by mrZENographer: 4:28am On Nov 30, 2015
They are just using this #bringbackourgirls to scam and politicize Nigerian politicians.
Can we count how many girls have gone missing after the chibok missing girls?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Whistleblower Gets Over $500,000 For Exposing Misconduct In His Company / Confusion Trails Whereabouts Of Sacked DSS Boss, Lawal Daura / What I Experienced As Obi’s Chief Of Staff – Prof Okunna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.