Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:50 PM

Please What Is Going On?????????????????????????????::::::::::::::: - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Please What Is Going On?????????????????????????????::::::::::::::: (4248 Views)

Gentlemen, I Have Just Been Informed That There Is Going To Be A Coup Tonight / PENGASSAN Going On Strike On Thursday / Live PICS Of Protest Going On At IKEDC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please What Is Going On?????????????????????????????::::::::::::::: by magicminister: 2:11am On Nov 29, 2015
what is going on with the Nigerian Economy?
It virtually impossible to receive PTA/BTA (travel allowance)

you cannot withdraw/transact more than 1000usd/month in any foreign store/bank

Zenith bank charges me approximately 1,500 naira per ATM withdrawal abroad!

i am scared for Nigeria.

Edit:::::::::::::::;;;;;
Today, i realized i can no longer transact with my debit card on foreign websites.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please What Is Going On?????????????????????????????::::::::::::::: by ZKOSOSO(m): 3:29am On Nov 29, 2015
Hahahahaha! Enjoy the Change while it lasts!!

Buharinomics is defined as garrison approach to forces of demand and supply with reckless abandon!!

AK 47 economics!!

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please What Is Going On?????????????????????????????::::::::::::::: by Obijulius: 3:59am On Nov 29, 2015
[size=40pt]CHANGE IS HERE[/size]

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please What Is Going On?????????????????????????????::::::::::::::: by sultaan(m): 4:19am On Nov 29, 2015
ZKOSOSO:
Hahahahaha! Enjoy the Change while it lasts!!

Buharinomics is defined as garrison approach to forces of demand and supply with reckless abandon!!

AK 47 economics!!

You have no idea how the world economics affects the local economy and what type of damage GEJ had left behind careless spending destruction of elementary sectors of they economy by bans, restrictions and triple taxation now everything has come to a halt no more free money called duty

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please What Is Going On?????????????????????????????::::::::::::::: by magicminister: 4:52am On Nov 29, 2015
sultaan:

You have no idea how the world economics affects the local economy and what type of damage GEJ had left behind careless spending destruction of elementary sectors of they economy by bans, restrictions and triple taxation now everything has come to a halt no more free money called duty

Please educate me.
How does limiting my foreign expenditure to a paltry 1000usd save Nigeria?
That is crazy nah?

The economy has no direction and investors are scared shitless.
The stock market is plummeting and investors are scared.

GEJ didn't do that!
Lets stop throwing blames back and forth and demand the best from whoever is in charge.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please What Is Going On?????????????????????????????::::::::::::::: by magicminister: 4:54am On Nov 29, 2015
sultaan:

your comment is sooo shocking i feel the need to quote you twice.
brb..

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please What Is Going On?????????????????????????????::::::::::::::: by Nobody: 5:14am On Nov 29, 2015
sultaan:

ROBOT. Use your brains please, or is it that you have none?

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please What Is Going On?????????????????????????????::::::::::::::: by magicminister: 5:25am On Nov 29, 2015
Xetima:

ROBOT. Use your brains please, or is it that you have none?

No need to yab him lol... na hin opinion he dey express.

3 Likes

Re: Please What Is Going On?????????????????????????????::::::::::::::: by obyrich(m): 5:28am On Nov 29, 2015
sultaan:

When will you people stop blaming GEJ for every of your failure? You asked for votes to correct the anomalies of the past government. You got it. Go ahead and do the job. Stop blaming GEJ.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please What Is Going On?????????????????????????????::::::::::::::: by Ghandi12: 5:34am On Nov 29, 2015
magicminister:

Please educate me.
How does limiting my foreign expenditure to a paltry 1000usd save Nigeria?
That is crazy nah?
The economy has no direction and investors are scared shitless.
The stock market is plummeting and investors are scared.
GEJ didn't do that!
Lets stop throwing blames back and forth and demand the best from whoever is in charge.

Sorry brother, you are not alone in your trouble - so many people are experiencing similar pains in different forms.

But let us be clear about one thing - We can only blame Buhari government for lack of innovation, efficiency and responsiveness in ameliorating the current economic hardship.

In all honesty they cannot not be entirely held responsible for the root cause of the problem. Our current economic ailment has a number of sources:

% Number one cause is the deep fall and subsequent flatten of crude oil price in international market - This was achieved by joint effort of the USA and their friends.

% The former Government of GEJ left a latent disaster in the economy. They were patching-up things. Money was being stolen with recklessly, public officers were stealing without caution and finally the election spending was executed in millions of dollars. It is just a matter of time for these seeds of recklessness to manifest as we are having today.

PMB is trying to reverse many of the obvious anomalies in the system but so far one can make the following observations in his approaches:

% He wants most issues decided on his table - the implication is that many may die of hunger.

% He has problem trusting people (not like we can blame him though) - the truth is no human is spotless not even the Nigerian Angels.

% There are too many people at the top that do not believe in doing things the right way - he has been replacing people but his efforts are still appearing inadequate.

% There is also the factor unmotivated or unfit civil and public servants - they do not care about doing their job ; they just want salary and pension remitted at the end of the month.

% He also appears to enjoy too much hero-worshiping.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please What Is Going On?????????????????????????????::::::::::::::: by magicminister: 5:53am On Nov 29, 2015
Ghandi12:

Sorry brother, you are not alone in your trouble - so many people are experiencing similar pains in different forms.

But let us be clear about one thing - We can only blame Buhari government for lack of innovation, efficiency and responsiveness in ameliorating the current economic hardship.

In all honesty they cannot not be entirely held responsible for the root cause of the problem. Our current economic ailment has a number of sources:

% Number one cause is the deep fall and subsequent flatten of crude oil price in international market - This was achieved by joint effort of the USA and their friends.

% The former Government of GEJ left a latent disaster in the economy. They were patching-up things. Money was being stolen with recklessly, public officers were stealing without caution and finally the election spending was executed in millions of dollars. It is just a matter of time for these seeds of recklessness to manifest as we are having today.

PMB is trying to reverse many of the obvious anomalies in the system but so far one can make the following observations in his approaches:

% He wants most issues decided on his table - the implication is that many may die of hunger.

% He has problem trusting people (not like we can blame him though) - the truth is no human is spotless not even the Nigerian Angels.

% There are too many people at the top that do not believe in doing things the right way - he has been replacing people but his efforts are still appearing inadequate.

% There is also the factor unmotivated or unfit civil and public servants - they do not care about doing their job ; they just want salary and pension remitted at the end of the month.

% He also appears to enjoy too much hero-worshiping.

I only have one question.
How does limiting my transaction to a paltry 1000usd help nigerian economy.
Do you knoww that monthly house rent in western world is close to 1000usd on a monthly basis??
How does starving legit travellersnof bta help nigerian economy?

Its crazy naah!!

8 Likes

Re: Please What Is Going On?????????????????????????????::::::::::::::: by Nobody: 6:16am On Nov 29, 2015
magicminister:

I only have one question.
How does limiting my transaction to a paltry 1000usd help nigerian economy.
Do you knoww that monthly house rent in western world is close to 1000usd on a monthly basis??
How does starving legit travellersnof bta help nigerian economy?

Its crazy naah!!
Go back home, withdraw all the money you have in there, pack them in your luggage (not in your carry-on luggage) and return to the states shikena. Abi your visa don expire?undecided
Re: Please What Is Going On?????????????????????????????::::::::::::::: by Nobody: 6:33am On Nov 29, 2015
sultaan:

That's why ur a northerner

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please What Is Going On?????????????????????????????::::::::::::::: by Nobody: 6:40am On Nov 29, 2015
when GEJ was dollarising the economy, throwing dollars all around for electioneering purposes, you didn't make a noise o, you were hailing him. see now? I hope you can see the effects on the economy.

2 Likes

Re: Please What Is Going On?????????????????????????????::::::::::::::: by magicminister: 8:04am On Nov 29, 2015
SirJeffry:
Go back home, withdraw all the money you have in there, pack them in your luggage (not in your carry-on luggage) and return to the states shikena. Abi your visa don expire?undecided

Lol.. if its that easy, everyone would do it.
Here are the challenges you would encounter

1- The last time i checked, the maximum amount you can travel with (undeclared) is 10,000usd. Anything more than that needs to be declared and that will definitely cause some issues. I am sure you have read several cases of people having their foreign currencies seized by the customs/immigration.

2- Withdrawing all my money and changing it to dollars would require i go to the black market/parallel market exchange folks. 1 dollar is 250 naira or there about. That would weaken my money greatly.

I hope these two reasons is enough for you.
Re: Please What Is Going On?????????????????????????????::::::::::::::: by magicminister: 8:10am On Nov 29, 2015
Ioannes:
when GEJ was dollarising the economy, throwing dollars all around for electioneering purposes, you didn't make a noise o, you were hailing him. see now? I hope you can see the effects on the economy.

I am really trying to make some sense out of your write up.
How come when good things happen people credit buhari but when its bad, all blames must go to GEJ.
When power supply momentarily increased, folks attributed it to buhari's body language.
Now, we neither have power nor fuel and somehow folks find a way to blame GEJ.
please lets Be objective.

I am one of those that didn't support GEJ during the last election but i must confess that things were far better financially during the time of gej.
Business was done with ease and the market forces determined the exchange rate. That is how its meant to be.

All these draconian policies cannot improve the lot of nigerians and Nigeria.
Students outside Nigeria with accounts in Nigeria will have a hell of a time soon!

5 Likes

Re: Please What Is Going On?????????????????????????????::::::::::::::: by Okanokan(m): 9:07am On Nov 29, 2015
BRODA, That's the CHANGE!!!
Re: Please What Is Going On?????????????????????????????::::::::::::::: by QuotaSystem: 9:17am On Nov 29, 2015
Its basically to minimize excessive demand of USD which would further affect the value of the Naira adversely.

The govt's policy is to stop the Naira from going into a free fall by protecting it from market forces at this time.

If GEJ had not looted our foreign reserves, we would have had leverage to protect the Naira by other means.

Only those ignorant of the positive correlation between our level of foreign reserves and the value of our currency (like the poster below) are spewing tripe all over this thread.

6 Likes

Re: Please What Is Going On?????????????????????????????::::::::::::::: by bosedekemi(f): 9:18am On Nov 29, 2015
It is due to 'quota system' cheesy

1 Like

Re: Please What Is Going On?????????????????????????????::::::::::::::: by luvinhubby(m): 9:19am On Nov 29, 2015
sultaan:

Very soon GEJ will be blamed for your erectile dysfunction under a Buhari regime.
angry

4 Likes

Re: Please What Is Going On?????????????????????????????::::::::::::::: by luvinhubby(m): 9:23am On Nov 29, 2015
QuotaSystem:
Its basically to minimize excessive demand of USD which would further affect the value of the Naira adversely.

The govt's policy is to stop the Naira from going into a free fall by protecting it from market forces at this time.

If GEJ had not looted our foreign reserves, we would have had leverage to protect the Naira by other means.
And has the naira not taken a massive nosedive since then, 245 to $1.
Investors are scared stiff of this administration rudderless policy direction & are yanking off the funds from our economy hence the free fall of the naira.

4 Likes

Re: Please What Is Going On?????????????????????????????::::::::::::::: by QuotaSystem: 9:26am On Nov 29, 2015
luvinhubby:

Very soon GEJ will be blamed for your erectile dysfunction under a Buhari regime.
angry

Funny but he is saying the fact.

GEJ's double disaster of wasting the opportunity to diversify from oil when prices skyrocketed, and his bleeding of our external reserves are the root cause of the OPs complaint. I am facing a similar situation (£190 daily limit) because of his utter cluelessness.

His minions are just grossly unaware of the damage that was done.

2 Likes

Re: Please What Is Going On?????????????????????????????::::::::::::::: by QuotaSystem: 9:32am On Nov 29, 2015
The reason investors are leaving is mostly because of our ejection from some popular bond indexes as a result of our governments policy to refuse devaluation of the Naira. So it's definitely not a lack of policy direction and its senseless to devalue at the moment when we are not exporting anything apart from oil.

The official CBN rate remains N198/dollar if I'm not mistaken.

luvinhubby:

And has the naira not taken a massive nosedive since then, 245 to $1.
Investors are scared stiff of this administration rudderless policy direction & are yanking off the funds from our economy hence the free fall of the naira.
Re: Please What Is Going On?????????????????????????????::::::::::::::: by ZKOSOSO(m): 9:43am On Nov 29, 2015
luvinhubby:

angry

Baaaad Guyyyy!

Or feminine frigidity blamed on GEJ!!

Meanwhile Igbos are been reduced to minority status by Bubu and his boys from the North in all public sector!!
Re: Please What Is Going On?????????????????????????????::::::::::::::: by QuotaSystem: 9:49am On Nov 29, 2015
Were you not working hard to stop his government from becoming a reality? It's idiotic and completely illogical to struggle to serve a government that you perceive is led by an 'old illiterate dullard'.

ZKOSOSO:

Baaaad Guyyyy!

Or feminine frigidity blamed on GEJ!!

Meanwhile Igbos are been reduced to minority status by Bubu and his boys from the North in all public sector!!
Re: Please What Is Going On?????????????????????????????::::::::::::::: by luvinhubby(m): 10:09am On Nov 29, 2015
QuotaSystem:

Funny but he is saying the fact.

GEJ's double disaster of wasting the opportunity to diversify from oil when prices skyrocketed, and his bleeding of our external reserves are the root cause of the OPs complaint. I am facing a similar situation (£190 daily limit) because of his utter cluelessness.

His minions are just grossly unaware of the damage that was done.
Was that GEJ or Amaechi led governors forum that refused that no oil earning should be saved in SWF but rather shared among them & went to supreme court to enforce that.
JP Morgan did their's this month and Standard Charted will delist us February 2016 & all because of PMB clueless policy direction.

1 Like

Re: Please What Is Going On?????????????????????????????::::::::::::::: by QuotaSystem: 10:28am On Nov 29, 2015
GEJ as a clueless President wasted and was tricked into emptying our reserves by his lazy governors and you think that's a defence? grin

We are being delisted from the bond indexes because the govt's policy outrightly rejects devaluation because it is illogical at this point (we export nothing) and will only benefit the same western forces. Don't be naive, the DJI/IMF and her sister agencies have never worked primarily in your interest.

Again, we have to adopt this 'clueless' policy because GEJ and his cohorts looted our reserves which we would have ordinarily leveraged on to defend the Naira. Seek knowledge not noise making if you don't understand the issues.

luvinhubby:

Was that GEJ or Amaechi led governors forum that refused that no oil earning should be saved in SWF but rather shared among them & went to supreme court to enforce that.
JP Morgan did their's this month and Standard Charted will delist us February 2016 & all because of PMB clueless policy direction.

1 Like

Re: Please What Is Going On?????????????????????????????::::::::::::::: by luvinhubby(m): 11:16am On Nov 29, 2015
^^^

If you do not understand the workings of the Nigeria federation as enshrined in our constitution then seek for enlightenment.
Every earning is sent to the federation account from where it is disbursed to fed., state & local govts accordingly & any amount set aside for saving must be agreed upon by all levels of govt. but the same lazy governors that Buhari surrounded himself with & national parliamentarians refused and insisted on sharing all, hence the lack of savings.
Nigeria is being delisted because your oga Buhari jettisoned the micro & macro economic policies that attracted foreign financial firms to us put in place by GEJ & replaced it with nothing.
Re: Please What Is Going On?????????????????????????????::::::::::::::: by BlackTechnology: 11:22am On Nov 29, 2015
magicminister:
what is going on with the Nigerian Economy?
It virtually impossible to receive PTA/BTA (travel allowance)

you cannot withdraw/transact more than 1000usd/month in any foreign store/bank

Zenith bank charges me approximately 1,500 naira per ATM withdrawal abroad!

i am scared for Nigeria.

grin E never start you dey complain

Anyway did you vote for transformation or change

If you voted change, then you must embrace it

If you voted transformation, with prayer, you won't feel the bad body odour cool

2 Likes

Re: Please What Is Going On?????????????????????????????::::::::::::::: by AtlanticBreeze: 11:30am On Nov 29, 2015
magicminister:

your comment is sooo shocking i feel the need to quote you twice.
brb..

You dont know a zombie when you see one? sultaan is a proud zombie
Re: Please What Is Going On?????????????????????????????::::::::::::::: by otukpo(f): 11:32am On Nov 29, 2015
It is really bad these days.

A tin of tomatoe paate that I used to buy 320 before May this year is now 540.

I dey fear ooo
Re: Please What Is Going On?????????????????????????????::::::::::::::: by magicminister: 12:18pm On Nov 29, 2015
QuotaSystem:
The reason investors are leaving is mostly because of our ejection from some popular bond indexes as a result of our governments policy to refuse devaluation of the Naira. So it's definitely not a lack of policy direction and its senseless to devalue at the moment when we are not exporting anything apart from oil.

The official CBN rate remains N198/dollar if I'm not mistaken.

Yeah.
The official cbn rate remains 198 naira but its virtually impossible to get it unless you are a top politician.
None of my friends have had access to dollar from nigeria in a couole 8f weeks.
All the banks we've gone to vlaim to be out of stock.
I am a patriotic nigerian and I am willinh to take some suffering if and only if the policies are working.
Unfortunately, naira is still on a free fall in the parallel market and the parallel market is the true reflection of the currency value.

Even when I use my pos or atm for foreign transaction, dollars still goes for 235 or there about and not at the regulated 198. And then I get the 1500 zenith bank charge.
Its callous of the government to make such policies.
We have nigerians schooling abroad with little or no source of income. How do you expect them to cope?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Stop Crying, No Quick Solution To End Your Hunger – Buhari Tells Nigerians / Before And After Pictures Of Schools In Osun State As At 3rd February, 2017 / We Had Everything Under Control Until Nigerians Voted Buhari - Okonjo Iweala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.