Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,460 members, 7,861,329 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 09:54 AM

Buhari's Incompetence: I Saw It -by Joseph Edgar - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Incompetence: I Saw It -by Joseph Edgar (27638 Views)

If Not For Your Gross Incompetence, I Would Have Employed U At Double The Salary / Aisha Buhari, The Kitchen And The Other Room By Joseph Edgar / Opinion: How Buhari's Incompetence Drove The Economy Into Recession (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's Incompetence: I Saw It -by Joseph Edgar by nobeku: 2:55pm On Nov 29, 2015
viktor01:

Another Lunatic spotted.
YOU ARE obviously CHOLERICALLY UNCEREBRAL.. You know NOTHING!!!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Incompetence: I Saw It -by Joseph Edgar by Abeymills(m): 2:56pm On Nov 29, 2015
Have said it b4 n am saying it again without fear or favour buhari is a wicked tyrant d president of d north by d north 4d north d writer is very correct I c him amongst many bold also 2speak d truth Jonathan inherited an already corrupt society I recall all dat happened at d demise of an elder stateman a true democrate late Yaradua of blessed memory jona was bared we all know wat he did 4d north inspite of so many opposition dey fund bokoharam just 2distablise his administration now they can stop it buhari u are wicked God will judge u d blood of d innocent coppers whom were murdered by ur wicked insight statement of d baboon n dogs wil b soaked in blood thier blood wil hunt u n all ur supporters u wil only b remembered 4evil u have destroyed d economy instead of working on hw 2fix it u AR travelling waisting our money on friutless journey shame on u n ur gullible supporters

9 Likes

Re: Buhari's Incompetence: I Saw It -by Joseph Edgar by bejeria101(m): 2:57pm On Nov 29, 2015
Thats new!
Re: Buhari's Incompetence: I Saw It -by Joseph Edgar by omoakin111: 2:57pm On Nov 29, 2015

5 Likes

Re: Buhari's Incompetence: I Saw It -by Joseph Edgar by LOUISXIV: 2:57pm On Nov 29, 2015
Viktor1983:
Where are the Howling-Howlers?
They don't wanna talk baa....

wetin dem wan talk.ndi iberibe!

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Incompetence: I Saw It -by Joseph Edgar by Nobody: 2:58pm On Nov 29, 2015
To be honest, I have a comprehensive list of my friends who were/are diehard supporters of apc/buhari. Each time any one of them suffers a business setback or sack as a result of failed devilish policies of this administration, I take a bottle of champagne to them in a mockery celebration.

So @OP, it's a lie, una never chichumchin yet,
Wait till next year.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Incompetence: I Saw It -by Joseph Edgar by nobeku: 3:00pm On Nov 29, 2015
Smoke2015:
Look I saw this one legged approach to governance long before the elections. I tried to say it but my tiny voice was drowned by the baying mob of change seekers who refused to see beyond the emotional lynch mob who saw all the evil in the world in Jonathan.
We all failed to look at his past performance as a hamstrung military dictator whose main achievements where the war against indiscipline and the long prison terms that were handed over to hapless politicians. I knew it will come to this, I knew that the only song he could sing was that of the anti corruption lame song.
Even with that, I knew he would still be stunted. I knew he would not achieve much in a democratic state where he would just not be able to throw people into jail without recourse to the judicial system. He has cried out in frustration that the judiciary was aiding and abetting the corrupt officials. What did he expect, that he would just catch people and throw them into the gulag just like that? See the way Sambo Dasuki is embarrassing him in the courts and his personal vendetta against that one is so glaring that it's almost childish.

Look our problems today is much more than corruption. The way things are, I do not even care about any corruption again, I have even began to miss Jonathan's corruption. We need to reflate this economy, this Buhari's regime as presently configured does not have the capacity to understand that and is technically bereft to offer immediate solutions.

Did you all read that foreign opinion which circulated last week. Did you see how they insinuated that these gerontocrats archaic policies was driving away investors. No good news is coming out of our land. Foreign businesses especially South African businesses are being targeted. Just recently the huge Supermarket which employs thousands of Nigerians have been shut down claiming that they are selling expired products. This is a copy cat move by the Lagos government following the 'body Language' they have read from the Federal Government. The implications of this on Foreign Investment and the signal to the economy is lost on these useless marauders.

Today instead of a systematic policy of integration and a coordinated assault on the economy from both the fiscal and monetary angles what we get is a military type regime of fines. My brother at the last count, MTN, Guinness are suffering and I am sure a lot more is coming. This is bully economic tactics. How this will resolve long term infrastructural issues and worsening economic indices beats me.

Today anytime our lanky President speaks, it's about corruption, looters secretly returning the funds and how the judiciary is not helping him jail people. His advisers are left with nothing to proclaim but his body language as his achievements. Which body language can you read from a man who is almost permanently in the air. Fourteen foreign trips in six months, billions spent on the Presidential fleet, nothing fundamental coming out of those trips. The sweet smell of change is gradually turning into a foul smell of fart coming out of Buhari's backside.

We are hungry, we are loosing our jobs and crime is back with a vengeance, the rule of law is witnessing an unusual assault, small business is suffering the financial sector is in a comatose, ideas are drying up and the largest economy in Africa is on its knees in submission to a reformed dictator with no idea of modern economic trends surrounded by a band of advisers who remind me of drunken sailors in children fiction.

Kai, the Banks are beginning to show systemic distress. The CBN has come out to aggressively denounce it. They claim that no bank is in distress. That is the biggest lie from the pit of HELL. We know which banks are dying, we know which banks are no longer liquid and this thoughtless TSA policy is the main death knell to these Banks. The banks should have been given enough time to unlock their positions before this military type order which has led them to unraveling positions in almost a distress type sale to meet up the deadline and those who did not do that on time where slammed with monster fines. I can see that Baba is replacing long term jail sentences with world record fines. Laughter is my companion this Sunday morning as I write. Since the judiciary won't allow convictions, then let's slam Fines. Everything and everybody will be fined.

I saw this incompetence, I saw it very early and I shouted but like the lone voice in the wilderness I was not hearkened upon. Oh yea children of Nigeria, blood and sorrow will continue to be your plight until we stand up in one voice and shout the hallelujah by taking our own cross in our hands for we have no government.

The December deadline for the elimination of Boko Haram will certainly be another joke. I hear over 150 soldiers have been massacred recently. There has been no official confirmation so I will not comment, but whatever is the case, I still see the Boko Haram onslaught going far into our nearest future. The Biafrans are crying although misguided but the steam its gathering is being fueled by the frustrations of joblessness, fuel scarcity, harsh economic climate and rudderless leadership hence the seeming legitimacy of a very stupid and callous crusade.

Was Buhari prepared for this, I think not or why would it take him over six months to promulgate a cabinet of the usual suspects. If you were going to settle for Amaechi and Fashola why take that long. You see the mistake Buhari made was that unlike his predecessors Gowon and Obasanjo he never schooled himself after his overthrow. To the best of my knowledge he went back to Daura to his Cows neglecting to keep himself abreast with the happenings in global political economics. Obasanjo became a world statesman, engaging in various platforms of intellectual sagacity, delivering papers with global dimension and being respected for that. So when he came back, he understood the issues, the need for lesser government, the need to remove the subsidy on petrol, the need to create jobs, push for infrastructure and opening up the telecoms sector with little government involvement. What we saw was the foundations of the rebirth of the middle class and the continous push to the economic eldorado which crystallized in the Jonathan era.

Today what we are hearing is the over centralization of government. A policy of the 70s, a national carrier an idea that reminds you of cavemen tactics and a President who doubles as the Minister of Petroleum. We are back in the olden days of big government with its attendant inefficiencies, painfully slow policy formulation with little or no policy execution. The limiting of ground breaking ideas for fear of being clamped down or being totally ignored.

I saw it. I swear I saw it and I remain complacent fighting to keep a job that is being daily berated with thankless policies which continue to constrict the economy. Buhari, I thank you for the more people that Boko Haram has killed, for the businesses that have died and for the ones that cannot pay salaries, thank you sir. We will soon meet at the polls.

I saw this. I swear, I saw it.

Joseph Edgar is an investment banker, award winning writer/author, and non conformist.
He writes mostly from a satirical point of view and also comments on socio-economic issues.
He blogs at josephedgarng.bogspot.com

http://josephedgarng..com.ng/2015/11/buharis-incompetence-i-saw-it.html

I read again and again and finally have a little change of mind.. This absolute GARBAGE... BLISTERING RUBBISH..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Incompetence: I Saw It -by Joseph Edgar by lukas280(m): 3:05pm On Nov 29, 2015
hmmmmm what a good write up but my guy in all na the change wan we dey fine na we go get...let wait still 2019 so will can change the change to another brand. all this civilian military na so all be...

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Incompetence: I Saw It -by Joseph Edgar by DjAduba(m): 3:07pm On Nov 29, 2015
Transformer deh every area ooo, If u are pained od PMBs anti-graph war just go and Romans it for free.....End time haters

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Incompetence: I Saw It -by Joseph Edgar by tuscani: 3:10pm On Nov 29, 2015
Dullarddinho

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Incompetence: I Saw It -by Joseph Edgar by akinsbaba2015: 3:10pm On Nov 29, 2015
All of sudden a few nonentities are burning the mid night oil preparing useless articles to sway peoples' mindsets about the present government. In one breath they prefer that the government should look beyond the failures of GEJ and the next moment they willfully violate their values by constantly reminding us of the fact that they lost woefully at the polls. Bunch of educated illiterates who are yet to come to terms to the fact that no single party/ underperforming president can hold the nation to ransom. The painful part to them is that they wished 2019 to be next year. Let us reiterate to them that the best of this government is yet to come and things will certainly get better.
Re: Buhari's Incompetence: I Saw It -by Joseph Edgar by ajepako(f): 3:14pm On Nov 29, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
Arrant nonsense!!!

#fartinyourface# cheesy grin cheesy tongue

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Incompetence: I Saw It -by Joseph Edgar by nobeku: 3:16pm On Nov 29, 2015
mbulela:

Both are failures.
We needed to get rid of Jonathan as we should not be rewarding failure.
Buhari does not have the mental and socialcapacity to lead a nation in the 21st century. Unfortunately, we had no better option.
Unless he has a Damascus experience, this 5 months is a pointer to where he is going.
It is from dawn you tell how a day will be.
This is utter nonsense.. Was 6months enough as a pointer for GEJ, of his policies and his failures?

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Incompetence: I Saw It -by Joseph Edgar by pikapizy(m): 3:17pm On Nov 29, 2015
texazzpete:
It is the job of these political prostitutes and traitors to make yo believe you made a mistake voting out GEJ. It is your own foolishness to believe such nonsense.

After nearly ruining Nigeria, GEJ is sleeping easily because of sycophants like these. And I weep to see ordinary Nigerians cheering such nonsense on
must everything be GEJ vs PMB to you? GEJ was a failure we know ...but the truth is that most of his efforts and good intentions for this country was sabotaged by those around him..people who put their pocket and personal interest first before the welfare of the nation.. GEJ fault was failure in calling them to order ...everyone stole and embezzled at will

fast forward to PMB ,a formal general who was feared and respected .more than 60% Nigerians cheered him on and pledged their support, he was loud in condemning the wastage and embezzlement under GEJ..he swore and promised to give Nigeria the change they needed ..he had all it takes to correct the past errors ASAP.. no one was calling him "that small boy of yesterday (like they did Jonathan in his cabinet) he had respect and he was feared .

almost 8 months into his administration nothing has changed to tell us he's working toward the desired and anticipated change ! he's now doing the same wastage he condemned the previous adminstration for ...he's slow and all his campaign promises are fast turning into a mirage ...I'll do this ,I'll do this ...no action half a year gone ...its still " I'll do this ,I'll do this... show us what he has done except travel from west Germany to Malta guiness

I hope I've been able to educate ur ignorant mind .

7 Likes

Re: Buhari's Incompetence: I Saw It -by Joseph Edgar by nobeku: 3:17pm On Nov 29, 2015
mbulela:

Both are failures.
We needed to get rid of Jonathan as we should not be rewarding failure.
Buhari does not have the mental and socialcapacity to lead a nation in the 21st century. Unfortunately, we had no better option.
Unless he has a Damascus experience, this 5 months is a pointer to where he is going.
It is from dawn you tell how a day will be.
This is utter nonsense.. Complete Bullocks.. Was 6months enough as a pointer for GEJ, of his policies and his failures?
Re: Buhari's Incompetence: I Saw It -by Joseph Edgar by Standing5(m): 3:18pm On Nov 29, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
Arrant nonsense!!!
Exactly!
Jonathan and PDP ruled us with a recurrent expenditure of about 70% with oil selling at over $100/b, with oil now selling at less than $50/b, i will like the wailers to please tell us how they expect Buhari and APC to run govt perfectly with earning that can't even cover recurrent part of our spending.
Don't forget this oil cost a even higher amount to refine now than it cost before.
Re: Buhari's Incompetence: I Saw It -by Joseph Edgar by sasquareT(m): 3:22pm On Nov 29, 2015
kozmokaz:
International Disgrace: Buhari Embarrass
Nigerians Again - Calls The People of
Malta Great People of Maltina
Re: Buhari's Incompetence: I Saw It -by Joseph Edgar by Ahmeduana(m): 3:24pm On Nov 29, 2015
romzyxy:
You guys shud relax. Its not easy for him. He needs your prayer not your judgement
DID YOU PRAY FOR JONATHAN?

6 Likes

Re: Buhari's Incompetence: I Saw It -by Joseph Edgar by MIM77(m): 3:24pm On Nov 29, 2015
BOWOTO:
sometimes I begin to doubt Buhari, I also believe he has a grand reason for all the bad state of Nigeria as at now.

Let's give him more time, I believe he has a plan.

God bless Nigeria.

The rot in the economy was deeply rooted, so he needs more time. Still very hopeful dat things will change. For those dat feel wit Jona we wudnt be in dis situatn, they are wrong cos we wud hv bin in a more turbulent situation.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Incompetence: I Saw It -by Joseph Edgar by ajepako(f): 3:24pm On Nov 29, 2015
Firefire:
embarassed

[size=13pt]If Nigerians start the cursing angle, I pity the morons who bestowed a 'dullarpoh' on Nigeria.[/size]

For selfish interest and to own oil wells which is now a curse, politicians in SW being led by an 'imperialist capitalist' repacked an old and outdated dictator whose cult likes followers in the Northern Nigeria is huge, a man whose weeping caused dozens of youth corpers's death in 2011, a man who promised that the baboon and the dogs would soak in blood in 2015 to come rule a democratic nation in 2015 this is beyond comprehension. angry

I remain resolute not minding the outcast position from my kinsmen that General Mohomodu Buhary is not an option in 2015, I was labeled a political jobber, that is fine. Jonathan could not have been an option as they posited, but Buhary should not be in the race. History and his track records as a weak leader in the '80 is there for all to revisit.

"Buhary insensitivity to Nigeria's diversity and his parochial focus are already well-known" - AIT /

"The sweet smell of change is gradually turning into a foul smell of fart coming out of Buhari's backside".

It is evidence that unless Buhary change his tactics, he is bond to fail.

God help Nigeria.

Cc:

Anonimi
Ajepako

Oju won ti nja bayi..

Ara won a bale nigbati ise won ba di ise ati oshi

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Incompetence: I Saw It -by Joseph Edgar by sasquareT(m): 3:24pm On Nov 29, 2015
kozmokaz:
International Disgrace: Buhari Embarrass
Nigerians Again - Calls The People of
Malta Great People of Maltina
Buahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahha you are not serious great pple of maltina ko great pple of Malta Guinness ni
But Omo e fit talk am ooo

4 Likes

Re: Buhari's Incompetence: I Saw It -by Joseph Edgar by edupedia: 3:24pm On Nov 29, 2015
akinsbaba2015:
All of sudden a few nonentities are burning the mid night oil preparing useless articles to sway peoples' mindsets about the present government. In one breath they prefer that the government should look beyond the failures of GEJ and the next moment they willfully violate their values by constantly reminding us of the fact that they lost woefully at the polls. Bunch of educated illiterates who are yet to come to terms to the fact that no single party/ underperforming president can hold the nation to ransom. The painful part to them is that they wished 2019 to be next year. Let us reiterate to them that the best of this government is yet to come and things will certainly get better.

They are writing to make themselves feel good..the election was a big shock...one day they will open their eyes to know PMB is far better than their GEJ....SAI BABA,
Re: Buhari's Incompetence: I Saw It -by Joseph Edgar by Firefire(m): 3:27pm On Nov 29, 2015
ajepako:

Oju won ti nja bayi..

Ara won a bale nigbati ise won ba di ise ati oshi

Haa, ejo oooooo, ema je ki ise won di 'ise ati 'osi ooo.

I know they will regret this, won ni enu awon agba un run, ko buru, oju won ni yio se. awon alatenuje buruku. angry
Re: Buhari's Incompetence: I Saw It -by Joseph Edgar by XaintJoel20: 3:31pm On Nov 29, 2015
I saw it coming too. Baba has no plan for Nigeria.
Re: Buhari's Incompetence: I Saw It -by Joseph Edgar by Ahmeduana(m): 3:33pm On Nov 29, 2015
philips70:
You saw incompetence in 6mnths but didn't see the monumental disaster that was given 5yrs and brought us to our knees. The only reason I wouldn't blame you is it has been established Nigerians forget too easily and even the children of Israel cried and cursed Moses asking to be taken back to Egypt.
(O.Y.O) NA ONLY YOU WAKA COME!
Re: Buhari's Incompetence: I Saw It -by Joseph Edgar by pikapizy(m): 3:34pm On Nov 29, 2015
must you always compare? why must it always be PDP vs APC? GEJ vs PMB? so because GEJ failed ,its ok PMB to fail too? ! a good government is known by its works and not by comparison ...to those saying PMB need more time and 6 months is not enough? can you work in firm for 6 months collecting salary without being productive ? you'll be fired!...tell me what these government has been able to achieve in the last 6months! let's judge our government by their work not by comparison ...people who bring up such comparison are daft and stupid no matter how intelligent they try to sound ...they are the enemies of true democracy,enemies of development,slaves and enemies of themselves!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Incompetence: I Saw It -by Joseph Edgar by sasquareT(m): 3:35pm On Nov 29, 2015
Standing5:
Exactly!
Jonathan and PDP ruled us with a recurrent expenditure of about 70% with oil selling at over $100/b, with oil now selling at less than $50/b, i will like the wailers to please tell us how they expect Buhari and APC to run govt perfectly with earning that can't even cover recurrent part of our spending.
Don't forget this oil cost a even higher amount to refine now than it cost before.

You think you have a point now isn't it?
Did Buhari and APC not see how things are in Nigeria before they start to make all those bogus promises....even you dn't you see that the oil price is crashing before the election?
Secondly someone is making promises on how he will spend money when he assume office but he dn't tell you how he is going to realise this money, all you hear during his campaign is I will do this I will do that but you guyz that are blindly following him did not ask him how is he going to do it.....now I understand why he avoid that debate.
The truth of the matter is he and the Apc knew the problem Nig are facing before they run for the election so just tell them to get to work and stop all those lame excuses of 16yr misrule
Re: Buhari's Incompetence: I Saw It -by Joseph Edgar by nobeku: 3:35pm On Nov 29, 2015
pikapizy:

must everything be GEJ vs PMB to you? GEJ was a failure we know ...but the truth is that most of his efforts and good intentions for this country was sabotaged by those around him..people who put their pocket and personal interest first before the welfare of the nation.. GEJ fault was failure in calling them to order ...everyone stole and embezzled at will

fast forward to PMB ,a formal general who was feared and respected .more than 60% Nigerians cheered him on and pledged their support, he was loud in condemning the wastage and embezzlement under GEJ..he swore and promised to give Nigeria the change they needed ..he had all it takes to correct the past errors ASAP.. no one was calling him "that small boy of yesterday (like they did Jonathan in his cabinet) he had respect and he was feared .

almost 8 months into his administration nothing has changed to tell us he's working toward the desired and anticipated change ! he's now doing the same wastage he condemned the previous adminstration for ...he's slow and all his campaign promises are fast turning into a mirage ...I'll do this ,I'll do this ...no action half a year gone ...its still " I'll do this ,I'll do this... show us what he has done except travel from west Germany to Malta guiness

I hope I've been able to educate ur ignorant mind .

did you say PMB's regime IA almost 8month?LIES...Tell me which government implemented the TSA to the fullest, seeing it's a CONSTITUTIONAL PROVISION.. Check out section 80(1) of our Constitution..Obasanjo, Yaradua DID NOT implement it.. Jona tried to run a pilot scheme..I just showed you 1 thing he has done.. Mention me, and I will intellectually take you to the cleaners.. I WILL SCHOOL YOU!!!!
Re: Buhari's Incompetence: I Saw It -by Joseph Edgar by onatisi(m): 3:36pm On Nov 29, 2015
Ahmeduana:

(O.Y.O) NA ONLY YOU WAKA COME!
pls bro,never argue with ppl who don't see any reason in common sense .
Re: Buhari's Incompetence: I Saw It -by Joseph Edgar by Ahmeduana(m): 3:44pm On Nov 29, 2015
nobeku:
This is TOTAL COW DUNG!!!!
AND YOU QUOTE THE WHOLE COW DUNG FROM BEGINING TILL END? it must be the good dung type that fertilises the dead brain of the zombies!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

We Are Very Ready To Receive Buhari: Ganduje Makes U-turn On Buhari's Visit / Fayose's Wife, Feyisetan, Paying Hospital Bills Of Poor Women (pics) / Idris Wada Of PDP Begins Campaign (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.