Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,563 members, 7,861,665 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:39 PM

Buhari's Incompetence: I Saw It -by Joseph Edgar - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Incompetence: I Saw It -by Joseph Edgar (27642 Views)

If Not For Your Gross Incompetence, I Would Have Employed U At Double The Salary / Aisha Buhari, The Kitchen And The Other Room By Joseph Edgar / Opinion: How Buhari's Incompetence Drove The Economy Into Recession (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's Incompetence: I Saw It -by Joseph Edgar by porka: 11:44pm On Nov 29, 2015
JaaizTech:

These are some of the achievements of the last 6 months:

1) Security: In the last 6 months, Buhari's Govt. have ensured BH remained on the back-foot. BH's control has been reduced severely and their capabilities dealt a big blow. B4 this Govt. BH was attacking our military and taking over barracks, the story is different now. BH's attack has been limited to sporadic suicide bombing, which is a sign of BH's frustrations. There is no gain saying in the fact that the war against BH is more in favour of the Nigerian military.

2) Financial Transparency & Management: Successful implementation of TSA is perhaps the biggest achievement of this country till date. The TSA is a unified structure of government bank accounts that gives a consolidated view of government cash resources. It is a system whereby all monies belonging to the government are domiciled in one account with the Central Bank of Nigeria; with payments out and collection into the account done via an electronic payment. The consolidation into a TSA paves way for the timely capture and payment of all due revenues into government coffers without the intermediation of multiple banking arrangements. This prevents leakages in terms of revenue loss and mismanagement by operators of all revenue-generating agencies.

N.B: This Govt. is still running the previous Govt's budget.

Are you the only one who haven't seen the pictures or read about how Boko Haram massacred our troops? 

Are you the only one who is not concerned about several warnings (by government agencies) of Boko Haram's impending attacks in Lagos and other South West towns, plus the most recent warnings to Abuja worship places and markets? When was the last time Boko Haram posed a potent threat to the entire country outside the North East? Boko Haram has just been elevated to the 1st position of the most vicious terror groups in the world. The Fulani terrorists are now in the 4th place. Is that what you call adequate security? Two 'ranking' terror groups in a single country rising into a global topmost positions under Buhari.

It's the 29th of November and federal civil servants are yet to receive their salaries. They told them that it was the computer that 'crashed' last month, what has crashed again this month? This is the same salary they receive on the 25th of every month. Or what is your definition of 'financial management' when workers salaries are not paid as an when due?‎ The TSA's implementation has been alleged to be 'monumentally' flawed and is a subject of a serious investigation by the senate of Nigeria, which outcome is still being awaited.

This man, don't you think you need to keep quiet instead of incurring a heavy curse on yourself? ‎
Re: Buhari's Incompetence: I Saw It -by Joseph Edgar by Billygee2u: 12:40am On Nov 30, 2015
Smoke2015:
Look I saw this one legged approach to governance long before the elections. I tried to say it but my tiny voice was drowned by the baying mob of change seekers who refused to see beyond the emotional lynch mob who saw all the evil in the world in Jonathan.
We all failed to look at his past performance as a hamstrung military dictator whose main achievements where the war against indiscipline and the long prison terms that were handed over to hapless politicians. I knew it will come to this, I knew that the only song he could sing was that of the anti corruption lame song.
Even with that, I knew he would still be stunted. I knew he would not achieve much in a democratic state where he would just not be able to throw people into jail without recourse to the judicial system. He has cried out in frustration that the judiciary was aiding and abetting the corrupt officials. What did he expect, that he would just catch people and throw them into the gulag just like that? See the way Sambo Dasuki is embarrassing him in the courts and his personal vendetta against that one is so glaring that it's almost childish.

Look our problems today is much more than corruption. The way things are, I do not even care about any corruption again, I have even began to miss Jonathan's corruption. We need to reflate this economy, this Buhari's regime as presently configured does not have the capacity to understand that and is technically bereft to offer immediate solutions.

Did you all read that foreign opinion which circulated last week. Did you see how they insinuated that these gerontocrats archaic policies was driving away investors. No good news is coming out of our land. Foreign businesses especially South African businesses are being targeted. Just recently the huge Supermarket which employs thousands of Nigerians have been shut down claiming that they are selling expired products. This is a copy cat move by the Lagos government following the 'body Language' they have read from the Federal Government. The implications of this on Foreign Investment and the signal to the economy is lost on these useless marauders.

Today instead of a systematic policy of integration and a coordinated assault on the economy from both the fiscal and monetary angles what we get is a military type regime of fines. My brother at the last count, MTN, Guinness are suffering and I am sure a lot more is coming. This is bully economic tactics. How this will resolve long term infrastructural issues and worsening economic indices beats me.

Today anytime our lanky President speaks, it's about corruption, looters secretly returning the funds and how the judiciary is not helping him jail people. His advisers are left with nothing to proclaim but his body language as his achievements. Which body language can you read from a man who is almost permanently in the air. Fourteen foreign trips in six months, billions spent on the Presidential fleet, nothing fundamental coming out of those trips. The sweet smell of change is gradually turning into a foul smell of fart coming out of Buhari's backside.

We are hungry, we are loosing our jobs and crime is back with a vengeance, the rule of law is witnessing an unusual assault, small business is suffering the financial sector is in a comatose, ideas are drying up and the largest economy in Africa is on its knees in submission to a reformed dictator with no idea of modern economic trends surrounded by a band of advisers who remind me of drunken sailors in children fiction.

Kai, the Banks are beginning to show systemic distress. The CBN has come out to aggressively denounce it. They claim that no bank is in distress. That is the biggest lie from the pit of HELL. We know which banks are dying, we know which banks are no longer liquid and this thoughtless TSA policy is the main death knell to these Banks. The banks should have been given enough time to unlock their positions before this military type order which has led them to unraveling positions in almost a distress type sale to meet up the deadline and those who did not do that on time where slammed with monster fines. I can see that Baba is replacing long term jail sentences with world record fines. Laughter is my companion this Sunday morning as I write. Since the judiciary won't allow convictions, then let's slam Fines. Everything and everybody will be fined.

I saw this incompetence, I saw it very early and I shouted but like the lone voice in the wilderness I was not hearkened upon. Oh yea children of Nigeria, blood and sorrow will continue to be your plight until we stand up in one voice and shout the hallelujah by taking our own cross in our hands for we have no government.

The December deadline for the elimination of Boko Haram will certainly be another joke. I hear over 150 soldiers have been massacred recently. There has been no official confirmation so I will not comment, but whatever is the case, I still see the Boko Haram onslaught going far into our nearest future. The Biafrans are crying although misguided but the steam its gathering is being fueled by the frustrations of joblessness, fuel scarcity, harsh economic climate and rudderless leadership hence the seeming legitimacy of a very stupid and callous crusade.

Was Buhari prepared for this, I think not or why would it take him over six months to promulgate a cabinet of the usual suspects. If you were going to settle for Amaechi and Fashola why take that long. You see the mistake Buhari made was that unlike his predecessors Gowon and Obasanjo he never schooled himself after his overthrow. To the best of my knowledge he went back to Daura to his Cows neglecting to keep himself abreast with the happenings in global political economics. Obasanjo became a world statesman, engaging in various platforms of intellectual sagacity, delivering papers with global dimension and being respected for that. So when he came back, he understood the issues, the need for lesser government, the need to remove the subsidy on petrol, the need to create jobs, push for infrastructure and opening up the telecoms sector with little government involvement. What we saw was the foundations of the rebirth of the middle class and the continous push to the economic eldorado which crystallized in the Jonathan era.

Today what we are hearing is the over centralization of government. A policy of the 70s, a national carrier an idea that reminds you of cavemen tactics and a President who doubles as the Minister of Petroleum. We are back in the olden days of big government with its attendant inefficiencies, painfully slow policy formulation with little or no policy execution. The limiting of ground breaking ideas for fear of being clamped down or being totally ignored.

I saw it. I swear I saw it and I remain complacent fighting to keep a job that is being daily berated with thankless policies which continue to constrict the economy. Buhari, I thank you for the more people that Boko Haram has killed, for the businesses that have died and for the ones that cannot pay salaries, thank you sir. We will soon meet at the polls.

I saw this. I swear, I saw it.

Joseph Edgar is an investment banker, award winning writer/author, and non conformist.
He writes mostly from a satirical point of view and also comments on socio-economic issues.
He blogs at josephedgarng.bogspot.com

http://josephedgarng..com.ng/2015/11/buharis-incompetence-i-saw-it.html

Re: Buhari's Incompetence: I Saw It -by Joseph Edgar by Billygee2u: 12:40am On Nov 30, 2015
BlackTechnology:
;DWe warn the sophisticated slaves but they heed not. Rather they said we are supporting Jonathan because he is our brother cool

Their Northern masters are already taking all positions. Instead of speaking out against it, they are busy still blaming Jonathan

Re: Buhari's Incompetence: I Saw It -by Joseph Edgar by Billygee2u: 12:44am On Nov 30, 2015
moyinoluwabun:
Few people that can forecast d future saw it before election too. All his approach to things now doesn't position him to look like someone who's competence. He's only using nigeria to test his democratic value without anything to offer. President-in-training or better still call him Trainee president.
Re: Buhari's Incompetence: I Saw It -by Joseph Edgar by fyneboi79(m): 6:04am On Nov 30, 2015
Bandeco:

Jonathan is thousand times better than ur senile, cattle rearing dullard from daura .. Keep mentioning Jonathans name, u don't see how the state of the country is, u don't see the rudderlessness in the state of affairs in the country. All u see is the "jona was a disaster".. Nigeria can burn, fuxk Nigeria, buhari shouldn't do a great job for Nigeria and Nigerians because" jona was a disaster"... Oh, a round of applause for you! Nonsense
ur fada and muda are f00ls for deciding to have u in d first place cos u r a waste of scarce resources which would have been used in goat rearing. grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Incompetence: I Saw It -by Joseph Edgar by otukpo(f): 7:11am On Nov 30, 2015
I saw it too.
Re: Buhari's Incompetence: I Saw It -by Joseph Edgar by romzyxy(m): 9:27am On Nov 30, 2015
Ahmeduana:
DID YOU PRAY FOR JONATHAN?

YES.
Re: Buhari's Incompetence: I Saw It -by Joseph Edgar by Shokudo(m): 5:39pm On Nov 30, 2015
Truth be told. This Buhari of a guy is doing nothing, practically nothing. Let's leave tribe, religion and whatever out of this, it is only the TRUTH that will set us free. But come o. This is 21st Century, I don't know how out of 170 million Nigerians, it's only PMB that worths.....
Re: Buhari's Incompetence: I Saw It -by Joseph Edgar by Shokudo(m): 5:42pm On Nov 30, 2015
Truth be told. This Buhari of a guy is doing nothing, practically nothing. Let us leave tribe, religion and whatever out of this, it is only the TRUTH that will set us free. But come o. This is 21st Century, I don't know how out of 170 million Nigerians, it's only PMB that worths.....
Re: Buhari's Incompetence: I Saw It -by Joseph Edgar by heavenlymandate: 10:08am On Dec 10, 2015
I mean it is unacceptable for we the youth to talk down on the past government, after voting for the present government. Ours is to watch the out come of our vote, and intelligently chriticise if the need be to put them on their toes because we have not gone anywhere yet.
Re: Buhari's Incompetence: I Saw It -by Joseph Edgar by nobeku: 9:25am On Dec 17, 2015
sasquareT:

Mumuni......can't imagine that you with this your ignorance or should I say gullibility is saying you want to school someone, well I don't blame you. You are one of baba saint ass-licker so to expect a rational comment from you is like waiting for Buhari change which may never come anyway.
Buhari has reconfigure your brain at last..to whose brain is formatted less reasoning is expected
Your parents did you wrong by giving birth to you and bringing you up in a mediocre environment, sending you to mediocre schools and infusing in you mediocre upbringing.. YOU MUST LIVE WITH IT ALL YOUR LIFE.. OKPO!!!!
Re: Buhari's Incompetence: I Saw It -by Joseph Edgar by nobeku: 9:26am On Dec 17, 2015
viktor01:

Another Lunatic spotted.
Nna gi, LUNATIC!!!!
Re: Buhari's Incompetence: I Saw It -by Joseph Edgar by sasquareT(m): 1:41pm On Dec 17, 2015
nobeku:
Your parents did you wrong by giving birth to you and bringing you up in a mediocre environment, sending you to mediocre schools and infusing in you mediocre upbringing.. YOU MUST LIVE WITH IT ALL YOUR LIFE.. OKPO!!!!

Yawn! !! I no get your time..... Quote me wen you finally discover yourself....peace

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Muslim Woman Vents Anger On Buhari's Government In Abuja (Video) / Osinbajo's Mother Sees Him After Helicopter Crash / Britain Owes Igbo Apology, Compensation For Biafra’s Destruction – Prof Anya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.