Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,241 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:44 AM

(BIBLE MYSTERY) Who Wrote The Book Of Job? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / (BIBLE MYSTERY) Who Wrote The Book Of Job? (4536 Views)

Do You Know If Your Name Is In The Book Of Life? / Primate Ayodele: "I Warned Keshi, Wrote A Letter To Him" / Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

(BIBLE MYSTERY) Who Wrote The Book Of Job? by celebgists(m): 12:49pm On Nov 29, 2015
I have a biblical question, does anyone really know who wrote the book of Job, I must say the author must have been a prophet or some man that GOD spoke to because in Job 1 and 2, the author knew that GOD and Satan had conversed and talk with one another. Every other books in the bible has it author noted except the Book of Job.
#happy Sunday nairalanders

Cc: lalasticlala
Re: (BIBLE MYSTERY) Who Wrote The Book Of Job? by Nobody: 12:49pm On Nov 29, 2015
Jobcheesy
Re: (BIBLE MYSTERY) Who Wrote The Book Of Job? by celebgists(m): 12:51pm On Nov 29, 2015
Jolllyjoy:
Jobcheesy
Lol end time answer ode
Re: (BIBLE MYSTERY) Who Wrote The Book Of Job? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Nov 29, 2015
celebgists:
I have a biblical question, does anyone really know who wrote the book of Job, I must say the author must have been a prophet or some man that GOD spoke to because in Job 1 and 2, the author knew that GOD and Satan had conversed and talk with one another. Every other books in the bible has it author noted except the Book of Job.

The authorship of the Book of Job is entirely anonymous. In addition it is not precisely stated when or where the events described in the book takes place. We see Job carry out sacrificial duties of a priest which indicates the setting is pre-Mosaic, in any case Job is non-Israelite, his home was in the land of Uz and his friends came from the vicinity of Edom,these places were not within the boundaries of Israel.

Further the book contains no reference to Mosaic Law, and God is hardly identified as Yahweh.

Biblical scholarly debate places the composition of the book to around the early eighth century BCE making it contemporary with the prophetic Book of Isaiah.

The Book is a poetical discourse on Divine Justice, it is not unique to Hebrew writings. The theme of "The righteous suffering servant" recurs throughout Mesopotamian writings.

And actually, with the exception of some of the writings attributable to Paul, biblical authorship is largely anonymous.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: (BIBLE MYSTERY) Who Wrote The Book Of Job? by Epimetheus(m): 2:23pm On Nov 29, 2015
A great lot of the books and tales in the bible are figurative, so go figure (excuse the pun)
Re: (BIBLE MYSTERY) Who Wrote The Book Of Job? by Jetjacky(m): 2:26pm On Nov 29, 2015
Check out this admonition on how to grow as a child of God and also how to be a good person in your society...

https://www.nairaland.com/2769955/how-grow-child-god#40517243
Re: (BIBLE MYSTERY) Who Wrote The Book Of Job? by donholy28(m): 2:42pm On Nov 29, 2015
go and ask God
Re: (BIBLE MYSTERY) Who Wrote The Book Of Job? by vezi4real: 1:41pm On Oct 19, 2016
The book of job was written by Moses.
Re: (BIBLE MYSTERY) Who Wrote The Book Of Job? by EyeHateGod: 2:41pm On Oct 19, 2016
Jetjacky:
Check out this admonition on how to grow as a child of God and also how to be a good person in your society...

https://www.nairaland.com/2769955/how-grow-child-god#40517243
You mean how to indoctrinate A Child?

1 Like

Re: (BIBLE MYSTERY) Who Wrote The Book Of Job? by Jetjacky(m): 2:53pm On Oct 19, 2016
EyeHateGod:
You mean how to indoctrinate A Child?
so you hate God?
Re: (BIBLE MYSTERY) Who Wrote The Book Of Job? by EyeHateGod: 3:00pm On Oct 19, 2016
Jetjacky:
so you hate God?
You can hate something that doesn't exist Oh and if u worried about the Moniker It's because Of Christians I Choose to Use It
Re: (BIBLE MYSTERY) Who Wrote The Book Of Job? by plaetton: 3:49pm On Oct 19, 2016
By analyzing the language and writing styles, scholars have also concluded that the book of Job was written by more than one author and in different eras.
Re: (BIBLE MYSTERY) Who Wrote The Book Of Job? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:56pm On Oct 19, 2016
EyeHateGod:

You can hate something that doesn't exist Oh and if u worried about the Moniker It's because Of Christians I Choose to Use It

Can you prove that God does not exist .
Re: (BIBLE MYSTERY) Who Wrote The Book Of Job? by EyeHateGod: 4:00pm On Oct 19, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Can you prove that God does not exist .
Wow this is a Hard one show me how it's done with Santa Claus maybe I'll apply Your method
Re: (BIBLE MYSTERY) Who Wrote The Book Of Job? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:01pm On Oct 19, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Wow this is a Hard one show me how it's done with Santa Claus maybe I'll apply Your method

Can you prove God does not exist ?
Re: (BIBLE MYSTERY) Who Wrote The Book Of Job? by EyeHateGod: 4:05pm On Oct 19, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

I said show me how it's done with Santa Claus maybe I'll apply ur method or can't u prove santa exist?
Re: (BIBLE MYSTERY) Who Wrote The Book Of Job? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:11pm On Oct 19, 2016
EyeHateGod:

I said show me how it's done with Santa Claus maybe I'll apply ur method or can't u prove santa exist?

Mtcheww

Just as I expected .

Nothing to offer

2 Likes

Re: (BIBLE MYSTERY) Who Wrote The Book Of Job? by EyeHateGod: 4:16pm On Oct 19, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Mtcheww
Just as I expected .
Nothing to offer
Is it not ebuka again?
Re: (BIBLE MYSTERY) Who Wrote The Book Of Job? by Ranchhoddas: 5:37pm On Oct 19, 2016
Sarassin:

The authorship of the Book of Job is entirely anonymous. In addition it is not precisely stated when or where the events described in the book takes place. We see Job carry out sacrificial duties of a priest which indicates the setting is pre-Mosaic, in any case Job is non-Israelite, his home was in the land of Uz and his friends came from the vicinity of Edom,these places were not within the boundaries of Israel.

Further the book contains no reference to Mosaic Law, and God is hardly identified as Yahweh.

Biblical scholarly debate places the composition of the book to around the early eighth century BCE making it contemporary with the prophetic Book of Isaiah.

The Book is a poetical discourse on Divine Justice, it is not unique to Hebrew writings. The theme of "The righteous suffering servant" recurs throughout Mesopotamian writings.

And actually, with the exception of some of the writings attributable to Paul, biblical authorship is largely anonymous.
Please what do you do for a living? Are you a history professor or something?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: (BIBLE MYSTERY) Who Wrote The Book Of Job? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Oct 19, 2016
Ranchhoddas:

No sir I am not an history professor.
Re: (BIBLE MYSTERY) Who Wrote The Book Of Job? by Ranchhoddas: 7:26pm On Oct 19, 2016
Sarassin:

No sir I am not an history professor.
I remember Professor Robert Langdon (A fictional character) whenever I read your posts.
Re: (BIBLE MYSTERY) Who Wrote The Book Of Job? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Oct 19, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
I remember Professor Robert Langdon (A fictional character) whenever I read your posts.

LOL Yes I know about the fictional character, I am nowhere near as erudite but thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: (BIBLE MYSTERY) Who Wrote The Book Of Job? by Nobody: 7:20am On Oct 20, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
You don talk my mind. Sarassin is highly knowledgeable in so many domains pertaining to Science (Biology, Anatomy, Psychology, etc) religion and spirituality. I wonder and admire him posts smiley

1 Like

Re: (BIBLE MYSTERY) Who Wrote The Book Of Job? by Ganjafama(m): 11:45am On Oct 20, 2016
celebgists:
. Every other books in the bible has it author noted except the Book of Job.

Likewise the book of Hebrews
Re: (BIBLE MYSTERY) Who Wrote The Book Of Job? by orunto27: 12:26pm On Oct 20, 2016
King Solomon.
Re: (BIBLE MYSTERY) Who Wrote The Book Of Job? by Jetjacky(m): 5:40am On Oct 21, 2016
EyeHateGod:

mauly Yahweh have mercy on you.. And help you to having, see. And having ears, hear. In the name of Yahshua Messiah, Amen.
Re: (BIBLE MYSTERY) Who Wrote The Book Of Job? by felixomor: 7:58pm On Oct 21, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Mtcheww

Just as I expected .

Nothing to offer

Azzin.
The guy's delusions are vivid

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: (BIBLE MYSTERY) Who Wrote The Book Of Job? by akintom(m): 8:23pm On Oct 21, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Kindly do me this one favor, if you will.
Can you PROVE God really EXISTS?
I sincerely want to know.

(1) (Reply)

Which Came First. Rosary Or Islam Prayer Beeds (tesbih) / Why Does Kingebukasblog Lie? / Muslims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.