Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,638 members, 7,955,324 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:47 PM

Where Can I Get A Lovely Engagement Ring? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Where Can I Get A Lovely Engagement Ring? (7878 Views)

Groom Proudly Shows Off His Ring (Lovely Wedding Photo) / This Lady Did All These To Her Man And Still Got A Ring! (photo) / Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Can I Get A Lovely Engagement Ring? by ttalks(m): 2:52pm On May 27, 2009
Hi People,

Not used to doing this, but,-er, I would like to get some info from some of u as regards the topic.

I'm about to do what is right by my sweetheart; the lady I've been in love with ever since we started courting in the year 2003.
We've had our own share of ups and downs in our relationship but our love for each other has grown stronger with each passing day.

Now, I live and work in Lagos, so I'd like to limit the choices of where I could get this ring to Lagos.

Any good info?
With good addresses too!

Thanks in advance.
Re: Where Can I Get A Lovely Engagement Ring? by Babyboy26(m): 4:41pm On May 27, 2009
u can get nice ones in Ilorin and at the sheapest price indeed.

Takia
Re: Where Can I Get A Lovely Engagement Ring? by MaiSuya(m): 5:00pm On May 27, 2009
Re: Where Can I Get A Lovely Engagement Ring?

On my yarinya's finger. . . cool
Re: Where Can I Get A Lovely Engagement Ring? by ttalks(m): 5:25pm On May 27, 2009
Babyboy26:

u can get nice ones in Ilorin and at the sheapest price indeed.

Takia

Thanks but I want to limit my getting the ring to here in Lagos.Don't have time to travel much these days.

Mai Suya:

Re: Where Can I Get A Lovely Engagement Ring?

On my yarinya's finger. . . cool

grin Come on man, this is a serious issue angry or are you trying to let us all know that you ain't interested in ur yarinya any more? wink
Re: Where Can I Get A Lovely Engagement Ring? by amebo22: 8:41pm On May 27, 2009
It depends on what you are looking at, for example I like gold thus the best place would be Kano and i think Abuja, sometimes for such a serious event it would not hurt to travel if she is worth it and afterall i am guessing you plan on her wearing it foreva Good luck
Re: Where Can I Get A Lovely Engagement Ring? by ElRazur: 8:49pm On May 27, 2009
Dont forget that you need to know her finger size. smiley You need something that fits just right. As for where you can get one, I can't point you to one am afraid. smiley

If you have people abroad [UK/US], you can get them to buy you one. Better quality and possibly better craftsmanship in my opinion.
Re: Where Can I Get A Lovely Engagement Ring? by MrCrackles(m): 8:50pm On May 27, 2009
Poster

Alaba or Ladipo market!
Re: Where Can I Get A Lovely Engagement Ring? by ttalks(m): 8:51pm On May 27, 2009
amebo22:

It depends on what you are looking at, for example I like gold thus the best place would be Kano and i think Abuja, sometimes for such a serious event it would not hurt to travel if she is worth it and afterall i am guessing you plan on her wearing it foreva Good luck

But it does not mean one can't still get something very good here in Lagos,does it?

If I had the time I would have travelled, but at the moment, there isn't time cos of work and other things.Definitely, there shld be some places here in Lagos that one can get something wonderful.
I guess the cost might be higher here but that should be the price to pay for my not being able to travel to where i can get it cheaper.
Re: Where Can I Get A Lovely Engagement Ring? by Pittbaby(f): 8:55pm On May 27, 2009
look for gold sellers that travel to Dubai and buy from them or pre order, simple look for any lady that dresses well in your place of work and ask her to recommend a gold seller
Re: Where Can I Get A Lovely Engagement Ring? by ttalks(m): 8:56pm On May 27, 2009
ElRazur:

Dont forget that you need to know her finger size. smiley You need something that fits just right. As for where you can get one, I can't point you to one am afraid. smiley

If you have people abroad [UK/US], you can get them to buy you one. Better quality and possibly better craftsmanship in my opinion.

Good point above, but u know, I wonder how I'd get her finger size without letting her know it's cos of the ring I want to get her.
You know,- don't want to kill the surprise.

MrCrackles:

Poster

Alaba or Ladipo market!

grin Are you serious?
Re: Where Can I Get A Lovely Engagement Ring? by Pittbaby(f): 8:59pm On May 27, 2009
ttalks:

Good point above, but u know, I wonder how I'd get her finger size without letting her know it's cos of the ring I want to get her.
You know,- don't want to kill the surprise.

go for the average size which I beleive is either a seven or a six , if your girl is petite maybe a five , go to a gold seller that has several sizes of the same ring and strike a bargain to either get helping resizing the ring or agree to change the ring if it is not her size.
Re: Where Can I Get A Lovely Engagement Ring? by patwhizkid(f): 9:00pm On May 27, 2009
Aba or Onitsha market!
Re: Where Can I Get A Lovely Engagement Ring? by ttalks(m): 9:05pm On May 27, 2009
Pittbaby:

look for gold sellers that travel to Dubai and buy from them or pre order, simple look for any lady that dresses well in your place of work and ask her to recommend a gold seller

Hmmm, this would have helped but there are hardly any ladies where I work. We're mostly guys.

Come on, isn't there somewhere good enough in Lagos?
I think I would have to find time to do some windowshopping to get what I want. undecided

Pittbaby:

go for the average size which I beleive is either a seven or a six , if your girl is petite maybe a five , go to a gold seller that has several sizes of the same ring and strike a bargain to either get helping resizing the ring or agree to change the ring if it is not her size.

She's about 5ft 5'' in height and really slender(but beautifully so) and about 50kg(not exactly-maybe 47 or 48kg) in weight.
Maybe the size 5 will do?

patwhizkid:

Aba or Onitsha market!

grin Somebody obviously is not reading what I'm writing.
Re: Where Can I Get A Lovely Engagement Ring? by Nobody: 9:07pm On May 27, 2009
Re: Where Can I Get A Lovely Engagement Ring? by amebo22: 9:08pm On May 27, 2009
@Topic,
 i named those places cos they have alot of dubai gold. and i am very certain you would find a good one there. But if you can find the gold seller just like Pitt baby said its still the same. it just depend on what you hv in mind gold ,silver, diamonds or platinum wateva.
@ Elrazur.
i know he could get it abroad but remem the gold is different, they use white gold but we naija like Yellow gold cos of its shiny and durability and strength.

you read my mind[b] Chaircover[/b]
Re: Where Can I Get A Lovely Engagement Ring? by ttalks(m): 9:13pm On May 27, 2009
I just got a text from her saying: "I love you"

* I'm grinning from ear to ear like a chesire cat*
Re: Where Can I Get A Lovely Engagement Ring? by ElRazur: 9:28pm On May 27, 2009
ttalks:

I just got a text from her saying: "I love you"

* I'm grinning from ear to ear like a chesire cat*

Good on you man.

Remember that the engagement ring is only temporary, so I dunno if that should be taken into consideration too. You can always then up the game during marriage time.

You can use any of her old rings as a guide, or measure her finger with a rope [non-shrinking] and then take it to the jewellers. [Obviously without her knowing.]
Re: Where Can I Get A Lovely Engagement Ring? by Nezed(f): 11:26am On May 28, 2009
Wow, wish its me who is been discussed about here, kiss kiss kiss

well, my loss. Meanwhille, there are good places you can buy an engagement ring that is worth ur gal in lagos.
I recommend Yaba market, there are good shops there that sell nice and fair price rings, i have a couple of galfriends that do business on rings, etc and they said Yaba market is the best deal.
Also, i know piple who go to Dubai to buy stuffs like that and sell; or u can simply order from them.
Can link you up FOC( my contribution in supporting a brother that wanna do right by his gal)

Goodluck with ur shopping,
Re: Where Can I Get A Lovely Engagement Ring? by Cmarketer(m): 2:46pm On Sep 27, 2013
FREE DELIVERY to any where in Lagos and Abuja, terms and conditions apply. BENKOL BRIDALS AND FASHION
18 carat gold jewelries, diamond engagement rings, platinum rings, His and Hers gold wedding rings and good prices, wedding gowns, wedding dresses, bridesmaids dresses, venue decoration, events management, wedding hall decorations, ceremonial suits, wedding suits, little bride dresses, page boys suits, groom suit, little groom suits, wedding rings sets, gold engagement rings, 18 carat gold wedding rings, etc. In Lagos, Abujah, Port Harcourt and all over Nigeria. We are 27 years old in the precious stone and precious metal business

Diamond engagement rings in Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, (BB pin 2AEA5B3B) We deliver to Warri, and every other parts of the country. Pay online and get your rings delivered to you at your doorsteps.
Call any of our hotlines 08033119331, 08055623865, 08185264049, 009971504951216.
Visit www.benkolgroup.com. Send your message to customercare@benkolgroup.com

Re: Where Can I Get A Lovely Engagement Ring? by Cmarketer(m): 2:47pm On Sep 27, 2013
Benkol Bridals is simply the best place to shop for your wedding rings. www/benkolgroup.com. 08033119331, 08185264049
Re: Where Can I Get A Lovely Engagement Ring? by dickson33(m): 6:20pm On Sep 27, 2013
Na whao 4 u guys, d guy man dey fool u guys.
Re: Where Can I Get A Lovely Engagement Ring? by Charlieo: 3:29pm On Mar 27, 2017
U

(1) (Reply)

How To Get Your Ex Girl Friend Back From Another Guy! / The Lady He Deflowered Wants To Kill Him With Sex / Girl Posts Mouth Watering Pics For Her 24th Birthday Celebration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.