Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,525 members, 7,816,283 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:47 AM

APC Puts Yahaya Bello’s Nomination On Hold, Calls For Emergency Meeting - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Puts Yahaya Bello’s Nomination On Hold, Calls For Emergency Meeting (12006 Views)

What Amaechi Told Me About APC Leaders Emergency Meeting With Buhari-Dele Momodu / INEC Confirms Yahaya Bello's Nomination By APC -tribune / PDP Governors Hold Emergency Meeting Over Wike’s Removal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Puts Yahaya Bello’s Nomination On Hold, Calls For Emergency Meeting by HRich(m): 3:48pm On Nov 30, 2015
APC won't allow Audu's spirit to Rest.
Re: APC Puts Yahaya Bello’s Nomination On Hold, Calls For Emergency Meeting by teeboila(m): 3:51pm On Nov 30, 2015
CR77:
Yeye party cool

NIGERIA 53 years report card Electricity..............E8 Education.............F9 Prostitution..........A1 Good Road.............D7 Banking Sector......E8 Bombing...............A1. Creativity..................D7 Telecommunication....E8 Security....................F9 Corruption...............A1 Cash Embezzlement.A1 Leadership...............F9 Job opportunity.........F9............. ni9ja I hail o
Supplementary result:
Justice.............E8 Health..............F9 Impunity..............A1 Agriculture...........E8 Online scam(yahoo yahoo).........A1

2 Likes

Re: APC Puts Yahaya Bello’s Nomination On Hold, Calls For Emergency Meeting by starG7(m): 3:52pm On Nov 30, 2015
Better!
Re: APC Puts Yahaya Bello’s Nomination On Hold, Calls For Emergency Meeting by omojeesu(m): 3:54pm On Nov 30, 2015
If fairness and common sense are not allowed to play out they will loose the election!
Re: APC Puts Yahaya Bello’s Nomination On Hold, Calls For Emergency Meeting by baralatie(m): 3:57pm On Nov 30, 2015
FlippingFlipping..............
Re: APC Puts Yahaya Bello’s Nomination On Hold, Calls For Emergency Meeting by Yksoul(m): 3:57pm On Nov 30, 2015
FALEKE/MOHAMMED,GOOD FOR OUR DEMOCRACY.GOOD MOVE,THE CASE IS SETTLED
Re: APC Puts Yahaya Bello’s Nomination On Hold, Calls For Emergency Meeting by Novaworld(m): 3:59pm On Nov 30, 2015
Ah
Re: APC Puts Yahaya Bello’s Nomination On Hold, Calls For Emergency Meeting by Nobody: 4:02pm On Nov 30, 2015
THE CASE IS SETTLED SO THAT YOU AND YOUR WAILERS CAN GO TO COURT AND COLLECT THE VICTORY TO YOURSELF ABI? GOD WILL JUDGE TINUBU EVEN I KNOW NO ONE WILL GIVE THAT TO FALEKE LET HIM GO TO HIS LAGOS HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY
Yksoul:
FALEKE/MOHAMMED,GOOD FOR OUR DEMOCRACY.GOOD MOVE,THE CASE IS SETTLED
Re: APC Puts Yahaya Bello’s Nomination On Hold, Calls For Emergency Meeting by ipreach: 4:07pm On Nov 30, 2015
End time APC scammer

Re: APC Puts Yahaya Bello’s Nomination On Hold, Calls For Emergency Meeting by sursur(m): 4:08pm On Nov 30, 2015
Clerverly:
With the acceptance by Mohammed Audu, to serve as a running Mate to Fayeke, has ultimately killed off the Chances of that traitor called Yahaya Bello.
God bless u 4 calling his name "traitor" he want to come and reap from where he didn't sow
Re: APC Puts Yahaya Bello’s Nomination On Hold, Calls For Emergency Meeting by Yksoul(m): 4:14pm On Nov 30, 2015
guest12345:
THE CASE IS SETTLED SO THAT YOU AND YOUR WAILERS CAN GO TO COURT AND COLLECT THE VICTORY TO YOURSELF ABI? GOD WILL JUDGE TINUBU EVEN I KNOW NO ONE WILL GIVE THAT TO FALEKE LET HIM GO TO HIS LAGOS HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY
@guest1234,politics Is About Smartness My Angel
Re: APC Puts Yahaya Bello’s Nomination On Hold, Calls For Emergency Meeting by Exponental(m): 4:17pm On Nov 30, 2015
Yahaya Bello as candidate of APC is the beginning of the end of APC.
Re: APC Puts Yahaya Bello’s Nomination On Hold, Calls For Emergency Meeting by Yksoul(m): 4:19pm On Nov 30, 2015
I HAVE THOUGHT ABOUT THE IDEA OF FALEKE/MOHAMMED EARLIER TODAY AROUND 9AM,NOT KNOWING IT WOULD COME TO PAST.GOOD MOVE BY FALEKE'S POLITICAL ADVISERS
Re: APC Puts Yahaya Bello’s Nomination On Hold, Calls For Emergency Meeting by wiseoneking: 4:21pm On Nov 30, 2015
kulikuli26:
This is really getting interesting. I don't believe Yahaya bello should benefit from the spoils considering his failure to support Audu effectively. Any permutation that has Audu's camp well carried along is welcomed by me. Faleke/Mohammed ticket is the best for APC to retain their support base. Igalas will be favoured and Audu's camp will have a sense of victory.
unfortunately an igala man wont like to hear that name falaeke as the governor elect. Tribe is a very sensitive matter in kogi and Benue.

2 Likes

Re: APC Puts Yahaya Bello’s Nomination On Hold, Calls For Emergency Meeting by Exponental(m): 4:22pm On Nov 30, 2015
CR77:
Yeye party cool

NIGERIA 53 years report card Electricity..............E8 Education.............F9 Prostitution..........A1 Good Road.............D7 Banking Sector......E8 Bombing...............A1. Creativity..................D7 Telecommunication....E8 Security....................F9 Corruption...............A1 Cash Embezzlement.A1 Leadership...............F9 Job opportunity.........F9............. ni9ja I hail o
Nigeria at 53yrs.... PDP was in charge, so which party are you referring to?

1 Like

Re: APC Puts Yahaya Bello’s Nomination On Hold, Calls For Emergency Meeting by wiseoneking: 4:24pm On Nov 30, 2015
missKiffy:
Normally, the deputy should take over
yeah, but not when the result is incoclusive and the state apce operates zoning formula.
Re: APC Puts Yahaya Bello’s Nomination On Hold, Calls For Emergency Meeting by naijacoolgist(f): 4:25pm On Nov 30, 2015
It shall be well.
akinzeb:
Report reaching DAILY POST from the APC Secretariat in Abuja has it that the national leadership of the All Progressives Congress, APC, has put on hold the nomination of Yahaya Bello as the governorship candidate of the party in the coming re-run in the state.

The party has consequently called for an emergency “stakeholders” meeting for 3pm with the aim of resolving impasse.

The nomination of Bello had sparked protests in Kogi State with many saying he is not fit to govern the state.

More to come…

http://dailypost.ng/2015/11/30/just-in-apc-put-yahaya-bellos-nomination-on-hold-calls-for-emergency-meeting/
Re: APC Puts Yahaya Bello’s Nomination On Hold, Calls For Emergency Meeting by Akebe83: 4:26pm On Nov 30, 2015
suggestion for the APC, let Yahaya Bello (Fair Plus) go for the governor and let james faleke go for the runing mate. for the Igala people let the presidency talk to the Attah of Igala let the Igala people comdown. so that peace will peace will be on that state.
Re: APC Puts Yahaya Bello’s Nomination On Hold, Calls For Emergency Meeting by Nobody: 4:30pm On Nov 30, 2015
That signifies dt, Tinibu n co was d one dt killed Audu

1 Like

Re: APC Puts Yahaya Bello’s Nomination On Hold, Calls For Emergency Meeting by uchennamani(m): 4:31pm On Nov 30, 2015
kulikuli26:
This is really getting interesting. I don't believe Yahaya bello should benefit from the spoils considering his failure to support Audu effectively. Any permutation that has Audu's camp well carried along is welcomed by me. Faleke/Mohammed ticket is the best for APC to retain their support base. Igalas will be favoured and Audu's camp will have a sense of victory.
your conclusion is quite in order though the premises are legally invalid. There shouldn't have been a rerun for the simple reason that prince Audu was leading the incumbent with more than 49,000 votes at the time he died. The remaining 99 voting units INEC cancelled the elections in citing irregularities has a slightly more than 45,000 votes. Out of this number about 25,000 collected their PVCs thus making them eligible to vote. If the said 25,000 voted for PDP, APC will still win. If the APC pick Bello, Faleke has a strong case in court because he will argue that at the time the late Audu died, he has been elected as the governor. Section 181 is clear on what will happen when a governor elect dies before taking the oath of Office and allegiance. The deputy governor will simply become the governor and will pick a new deputy. That's the position of the law

3 Likes

Re: APC Puts Yahaya Bello’s Nomination On Hold, Calls For Emergency Meeting by Badassniggga(m): 4:43pm On Nov 30, 2015
sursur:
God bless u 4 calling his name "traitor" he want to come and reap from where he didn't sow
when all is said and done, fair-plus will become governor and ur insignificant self will go into hiding. i honestly dont give shiit what fair-plus did to his party, i just want other tribes of the state be given a chance of leadership...
Re: APC Puts Yahaya Bello’s Nomination On Hold, Calls For Emergency Meeting by Supremor(m): 4:58pm On Nov 30, 2015
I think it's only logical 4 d APC to rather give d ticket to Faleke since d election had almost been won b4 d demise of d APC candidate, nominating Bello at dis time will b tantamount to inviting trouble
Re: APC Puts Yahaya Bello’s Nomination On Hold, Calls For Emergency Meeting by Nobody: 4:59pm On Nov 30, 2015
What are you saying?
Cleverman2020:
Igallas...refusing ro leave power for others since 1991 but God rules...
Re: APC Puts Yahaya Bello’s Nomination On Hold, Calls For Emergency Meeting by timota(m): 5:08pm On Nov 30, 2015
iabdulkadir606:
That signifies dt, Tinibu n co was d one dt killed Audu
not just Audu he killed Abacha, Yaradua, and even Dora Akinwumi lest I forget mko abiola.
Re: APC Puts Yahaya Bello’s Nomination On Hold, Calls For Emergency Meeting by ojnnaco(m): 5:32pm On Nov 30, 2015
jamace:
I maintain my stance that Faleke should be the APC flag bearer while Bello Yahaya should be the running mate. That is justice and true democracy.
Re: APC Puts Yahaya Bello’s Nomination On Hold, Calls For Emergency Meeting by linearity: 5:51pm On Nov 30, 2015
kulikuli26:

APC will be stupid to even nominate Mohammed or anyone who didn't go through the primaries; they will loss if PDP take them to court post election.

It is clearly stated that, INEC can only give return certificate to a candidate who pass through all the nomination proces, including the primaries, Mohammed did not fit that bill.

And, they cannot conduct a new primary, the window for that has closed. So, APC is in a pickle, their only choice is between Yahaya and Faleke.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Muhammadu Buhari Signs The 58th Independent Day Parade Book. / I Was Never Offered Neither Have I Received 750m Or Any Money From Any Party / ABIA STATE: Updates On Developments- Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.