Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,909 members, 7,821,163 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:10 AM

INEC Confirms Yahaya Bello's Nomination By APC -tribune - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Confirms Yahaya Bello's Nomination By APC -tribune (29018 Views)

#RiversRerun: INEC Confirms Election Violence; Issue Press Release (Full Speech) / Faleke, Audu Drag APC To Court, As Party Confirms Yahaya Bello / Ministerial List: Fresh Nomination Crisis In South-west Apc-tribune (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INEC Confirms Yahaya Bello's Nomination By APC -tribune by kahal29: 7:57pm On Nov 30, 2015
dustmalik:

It's confirmed. i left the APC national secretariat not too long ago. Yahaya has been adopted.

You ve been following this case, pls kindly tell me your honest take on this whole issue? Do you agree with APC on this?
Re: INEC Confirms Yahaya Bello's Nomination By APC -tribune by jamace(m): 8:00pm On Nov 30, 2015
Faleke heads to court: https://www.nairaland.com/2772520/kogi-2015-falekeaudu-drag-apc

Good.

Faleke should not allow somebody else to enjoy his sweat.
Re: INEC Confirms Yahaya Bello's Nomination By APC -tribune by dustmalik: 8:08pm On Nov 30, 2015
kahal29:

You ve been following this case, pls kindly tell me your honest take on this whole issue? Do you agree with APC on this?
As an Ebira man, i'm happy that we are on the verge of producing a governor after 16 years into the fourth republic. But, as an upright man, i believe the decision as to whom should succeed Audu, should have been left for the supreme court to make, since both the constitution and the electoral Act never envisaged this situation. Therefore, Inec and the AGF shouldn't have reached a decision on their own.

7 Likes

Re: INEC Confirms Yahaya Bello's Nomination By APC -tribune by Alwaysup: 8:12pm On Nov 30, 2015
Lol. Okay na the change

1 Like

Re: INEC Confirms Yahaya Bello's Nomination By APC -tribune by sweatlana: 8:14pm On Nov 30, 2015
Not fair o
Re: INEC Confirms Yahaya Bello's Nomination By APC -tribune by donphilopus: 8:14pm On Nov 30, 2015
[s]
maupe:
I thought they said that Faleke had been picked. That man has shot himself in the foot. He should have just swallowed his pride and taken the No 2 spot. This makes it clear, that if God forbid, our president drops dead, we will be in seriously trouble in this country, as the Northern CPC faction, will turn the constitution on its head, and replace the President, with Dan Ali. Tinubu has exposed his weakness.
[/s]

I dunno who's more senseless between you and Chukwudi44. Fool Maupe. Claiming to be who s/he's not!

2 Likes

Re: INEC Confirms Yahaya Bello's Nomination By APC -tribune by wyqay: 8:15pm On Nov 30, 2015
I know this wil be the end result
Re: INEC Confirms Yahaya Bello's Nomination By APC -tribune by biafranrealson: 8:16pm On Nov 30, 2015
Is faleke still going to be the running mate
Re: INEC Confirms Yahaya Bello's Nomination By APC -tribune by osazeeblue01: 8:16pm On Nov 30, 2015
Tinubu how far? Your plans has failed again. If i were u i will just focus in that state called LAGOS period than wasting your energy. Kogi state no be Lagos state.
Re: INEC Confirms Yahaya Bello's Nomination By APC -tribune by Nobody: 8:16pm On Nov 30, 2015
Hmmm!
Re: INEC Confirms Yahaya Bello's Nomination By APC -tribune by ipreach: 8:17pm On Nov 30, 2015
So what happened to Falake?
Re: INEC Confirms Yahaya Bello's Nomination By APC -tribune by maupe: 8:21pm On Nov 30, 2015
donphilopus:
[s][/s]

I dunno who's more senseless between you and Chukwudi44. Fool Maupe. Claiming to be who s/he's not!
There was nothing in my comment that was not factual.
Re: INEC Confirms Yahaya Bello's Nomination By APC -tribune by Nobody: 8:22pm On Nov 30, 2015
Our great party should concentrate on winning the elections while APC keep fighting themselves because am sure Faleke will heard to court, and that wl divide the votes
Re: INEC Confirms Yahaya Bello's Nomination By APC -tribune by kennycalls(m): 8:22pm On Nov 30, 2015
APC just totally falls my hand with these bullshit!
Re: INEC Confirms Yahaya Bello's Nomination By APC -tribune by Lytech(m): 8:22pm On Nov 30, 2015
Gbam
can someone explain to me the profit gained by Tinubu and faleke for killing Audu......hey,watin i dey talk self,i beg na joke ooo

2 Likes

Re: INEC Confirms Yahaya Bello's Nomination By APC -tribune by Nobody: 8:23pm On Nov 30, 2015
Wetin concern me?

Na them Sabi..
Re: INEC Confirms Yahaya Bello's Nomination By APC -tribune by kahal29: 8:26pm On Nov 30, 2015
dustmalik:

As an Ebira man, i'm happy that we are on the verge of producing a governor after 16 years into the fourth republic. But, as an upright man, i believe the decision as to whom should succeed Audu, should have been left for the supreme court to make, since both the constitution and the electoral Act never envisaged this situation. Therefore, Inec and the AGF shouldn't have reached a decision on their own.

Thanks for your honest opinion. I wanted Faleke too but i think APC was trying to play safe so that whichever the case goes at the court it will be a win win situation for them.
Re: INEC Confirms Yahaya Bello's Nomination By APC -tribune by philips70(m): 8:28pm On Nov 30, 2015
donphilopus:
[s][/s]

Who knows, the daft Chukwudi44 might just be same person as Maupe.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Confirms Yahaya Bello's Nomination By APC -tribune by hamingra: 8:28pm On Nov 30, 2015
There is no "doctrine of necessity" about Faleke's position. Section 181 of the 1999 Constitution can only be invoked if INEC had declared Audu the winner. Unfortunately it didnt. Faleke also did not participate in the primaries of August 28th 2015 as required by section 141 of the Electoral Act 2010 (As Amended), therefore elevating him to candidate would provide an easy win for PDP in the Court drama that would follow. Oyegun is thinking for the good of the party. Faleke is showing clearly why we didnt want him in the first place. His desperation is his undoing. He should have relaxed

3 Likes

Re: INEC Confirms Yahaya Bello's Nomination By APC -tribune by mipmodel(m): 8:30pm On Nov 30, 2015
adaweezy:
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has received the request by the All Progressives Congress (APC) to replace the late Abubakar Audu’s name with that of Yahaya Bello for the December 5 supplementary governorship election in Kogi State.
Mr Nick Dazang, INEC Deputy Director, Publicity, disclosed this in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Monday in Abuja.
Dazang, however, did not disclose when the commission received the request.
"They have sent the name of their replacement candidate, the second runner-up in their primaries, that is Yahaya Bello, to the commission," Dazang said.
The deputy director also told NAN that the commission was much ready to conduct both Kogi supplementary and Bayelsa State elections scheduled for Saturday, December 5.
"The commission is committed to conducting the two elections. That is why in respect of Kogi, in spite of what happened, we came out with public notice which invites the APC to submit its replacement candidate for the election," he said.
Dazang said that as part of the commission’s preparation for the Bayelsa poll, INEC would be holding stakeholders’ forum in the state on Tuesday.
The deputy director added that INEC had concluded the distribution of non-sensitive materials for the Bayelsa poll.
He also said that the commission would be going to Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) to collect sensitive materials for onward distribution for the Bayelsa election on Wednesday.
"After the stakeholders’ forum, the commission will immediately on Wednesday commence the distribution of sensitive materials in the state.
"We are inviting the representatives of political parties, their agents, observers, Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) and the media to witness the distribution of sensitive materials," he said. grin

Anebira congratulations

http://www.tribuneonlineng.com/apc-sends-bellos-name-to-inec-to-replace-audu-in-kogi-governorship-poll
apc will not wine kogi state
Re: INEC Confirms Yahaya Bello's Nomination By APC -tribune by 2odd(m): 8:30pm On Nov 30, 2015
can't faleke just renders the whole election null and void ?? because the PDP can always contest that if drop out n inec will just order a new election. the election was already concluded . inec is at fault for this , how can u call an election where the winner is by a margin of 41000 with those that collected PVC at the cancelled booth standing at 29000 votes ?? anyway na naija we dey where 16 is greater than 19

4 Likes

Re: INEC Confirms Yahaya Bello's Nomination By APC -tribune by Yksoul(m): 8:31pm On Nov 30, 2015
I WOULD NOT BE SURPRISED,IF WADA AT THE END OF THE IS DECLARE WINNER OF KOGI POLL
Re: INEC Confirms Yahaya Bello's Nomination By APC -tribune by 2odd(m): 8:31pm On Nov 30, 2015
can't faleke just renders the whole election null and void ?? because the PDP can always contest that if he drop out of the election. n inec will just order a new election. the election was already concluded . inec is at fault for this , how can u call an election where the winner is by a margin of 41000 with those that collected PVC at the cancelled booth standing at 29000 votes ?? anyway na naija we dey where 16 is greater than 19
Re: INEC Confirms Yahaya Bello's Nomination By APC -tribune by CashZamani(m): 8:32pm On Nov 30, 2015
raumdeuter:

I disagree. Boni Haruna and Goodluck Jonathan did not participate in primaries before taking over the mantle of their bosses

The ticket was an Audu-Faleke ticket and since one half is gone, the other should take over

What right has Bello who decamped to another party and actively campaign aganst APC have over the APC ticket

u are a fool nd a bloody liar
Re: INEC Confirms Yahaya Bello's Nomination By APC -tribune by 9isguy(m): 8:32pm On Nov 30, 2015
IgalAs, we are very much ready 4 u guys, try us and u will regret ever ruling Kogi in the 1st PLACE :::: Sai Fair plus::: Team ::Ebira::: one love ::
Re: INEC Confirms Yahaya Bello's Nomination By APC -tribune by gretblue: 8:32pm On Nov 30, 2015
raumdeuter:

Why is Faleke a problematic choice
Do you find it difficult to understand simply English.He never said Faleke but Yahaya Bello.Yahaya Bello will be least problematic when PDP takes him the case to tribunal because he participated in Apc primary.Faleke couldn't be presented as govship candidate because he didn't participate in the primary.Presenting Faleke is like giving the PDP automatic victory at the tribunal.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INEC Confirms Yahaya Bello's Nomination By APC -tribune by Baboo13(m): 8:33pm On Nov 30, 2015
Looking at it critically, its understandable that faleke feels cheated.

Cos in the 1st place, INEC SHOULD NOT have announced the election inconclusive. Faleke would have been the governor elect without hassle

It will now appear as if Inec and some factions of APC colluded before arriving at that decision

if faleke has good lawyers that can fight the case in court, he will probably win

2 Likes

Re: INEC Confirms Yahaya Bello's Nomination By APC -tribune by Yksoul(m): 8:33pm On Nov 30, 2015
BELLO SHOULD GET READY FOR SHOWDOWN, I TELL U HMMMM...
Re: INEC Confirms Yahaya Bello's Nomination By APC -tribune by MrBONE2(m): 8:34pm On Nov 30, 2015
adaweezy:
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has received the request by the All Progressives Congress (APC) to replace the late Abubakar Audu’s name with that of Yahaya Bello for the December 5 supplementary governorship election in Kogi State.
Mr Nick Dazang, INEC Deputy Director, Publicity, disclosed this in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Monday in Abuja.
Dazang, however, did not disclose when the commission received the request.
"They have sent the name of their replacement candidate, the second runner-up in their primaries, that is Yahaya Bello, to the commission," Dazang said.
The deputy director also told NAN that the commission was much ready to conduct both Kogi supplementary and Bayelsa State elections scheduled for Saturday, December 5.
"The commission is committed to conducting the two elections. That is why in respect of Kogi, in spite of what happened, we came out with public notice which invites the APC to submit its replacement candidate for the election," he said.
Dazang said that as part of the commission’s preparation for the Bayelsa poll, INEC would be holding stakeholders’ forum in the state on Tuesday.
The deputy director added that INEC had concluded the distribution of non-sensitive materials for the Bayelsa poll.
He also said that the commission would be going to Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) to collect sensitive materials for onward distribution for the Bayelsa election on Wednesday.
"After the stakeholders’ forum, the commission will immediately on Wednesday commence the distribution of sensitive materials in the state.
"We are inviting the representatives of political parties, their agents, observers, Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) and the media to witness the distribution of sensitive materials," he said. grin

Anebira congratulations

http://www.tribuneonlineng.com/apc-sends-bellos-name-to-inec-to-replace-audu-in-kogi-governorship-poll
Otami Anebira eme'tere.grin
Wailers Food don don, get it fresh while it's hot.grin gyarbonkagrin shaka

1 Like

Re: INEC Confirms Yahaya Bello's Nomination By APC -tribune by oglalasioux(m): 8:34pm On Nov 30, 2015
Shifting the goal post in the middle of the match. Okay. We'll watch the legal drama that will follow.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fuel Price: Oil Marketers Backpedal, Begs FG For Tax Holidays / Official PDP Agents Attacked In Kano Rerun Elections / Police Invade INEC Collation Centre In Imo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.