Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,185 members, 7,818,599 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:35 PM

Man Arrested For Posing As Tinubu (pictured) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Arrested For Posing As Tinubu (pictured) (29106 Views)

67-year-old American Posing As ‘nigerian Prince’ Arrested For Fraud / Man Jailed For 77 Years For Posing As A ‘spirit’ To Defraud Man Of N20m (photos) / Shirtless Photo Of The Man Arrested For Posing As Female Sex Worker In Malawi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Arrested For Posing As Tinubu (pictured) by dre11(m): 7:20am On Dec 01, 2015
Four persons, including a former warden have been arrested for allegedly impersonating All Progressives Congress (APC) National Leader Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Commissioner of Police, Fatai Owoseni and a Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP).

They are Lucky Adieze, 24, John Ogunnowo, 23, Obinna Collins, 21 and Afoke Adetolani, 58.

Parading the suspects yesterday, Owoseni said their arrest followed tip-off from the public on how criminals were using the Facebook, a social media and police uniform to dupe people.

Adieze who impersonated Tinubu said: “I am a hip hop musician and I opened a Facebook account with Tinubu’s picture to attract people. I think it was the person who gave me his account number that made police to find me and arrest me two weeks ago.”

John Ogunnowo, 23 who gave Adieze his account number said: “I work in an health organization but when I lost my job, I was trying to look for money to enable me go back to school. I only gave him my bank account number not knowing that he had bad intention that will end up putting me in trouble.

“When I went to the bank to collect money, I was told that my account was zero and in an attempt to know why, police arrested me.”

Collins, who claimed to be National Diploma II Electrical Engineering Student said: “I opened a Facebook account using CP Owoseni because it is only way to attract victims. Once they see CP, they would believe everything I tell them and I would get the money I wanted. This particular woman, Mrs Ronke, a business woman is the only victim. I was chatting with her and she ended up paying N20, 000 into my account. I initially told her that I had boys whom I am training in higher institution and I have a foundation that is taking care of it.

“Surprisingly Mrs Ronke told me to come and meet her at Conoil, Ikeja to collect something she wanted to give me as a hard working Commissioner of Police. I asked her whether she knew the size of my shoes and she said it does not matter that what she wanted was to have fun with me.

She however insisted that she wanted me to collect the shoe and iPad as a remembrance of our love. She said she had been nursing the idea of having fun with me and that was what she wanted for her life.
“Unfortunately for me, when I came to collect the golden shoe and the Ipad, I was arrested by the police.”

Adetolani, a former traffic warden inspector known as yellow fever, impersonated DSP.
He said: “I was dismissed because my colleague who stole a tyre from a parked exhibit vehicle in police station said that I planned it with him. I tried to defend myself but they insisted that we did it together and both of us were dismissed.

“To help myself and my family, I decided to do something smart. I first bought this uniform and later bought the DSP rank and ID card and uniform for N15,000. I was dismissed from Surulere division in 1984. They framed me up and dismissed me.

“I bought a bus for commercial purpose but my offence is that I hanged this uniform in my bus so that police, LASTMA, KAI, road safety and other law enforcement agents will not disturb me on the road. You can see that the name I used is my real name. I was stopped at Oshodi by police and I told them that I am a police DSP and they paid me my compliment but told me that they still wanted to investigate me.

“It was that investigation and interrogation that gave me up. I tried to bribe them yet they refused and told me that police have changed and that it was no more business as usual. But one thing is clear; I did not rob with it.

I only used it to get respect and easy passage whenever I meet law enforcement agents. Please tell police to forgive me, it is due to the hardship I was passing through after my dismissal.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/ex-traffic-warden-others-arrested-for-faking-tinubu-owoseni-dsp/

lalasticlala

picture...

newtelegraphonline.com/why-i-posed-as-tinubu-by-suspect/

1 Like

Re: Man Arrested For Posing As Tinubu (pictured) by Islie: 7:55am On Dec 01, 2015
Parading the suspects yesterday, Owoseni said their arrest followed tip-off from the public on how criminals were using the Facebook, a social media and police uniform to dupe people.

Yahoo boys.
always trying to defraud their fellow of their legitimate cash

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Arrested For Posing As Tinubu (pictured) by ijustdey: 8:24am On Dec 01, 2015
“To help myself and my family, I decided to do something smart. I first bought this uniform and later bought the DSP rank and ID card and uniform for N15,000. I was dismissed from Surulere division in 1984. They framed me up and dismissed me.

is it possible for someone to buy a rank.... someone who isn't in the force to now buy a rank/ not to talk of a high rank for that matter
Re: Man Arrested For Posing As Tinubu (pictured) by damton(m): 8:55am On Dec 01, 2015
Kirikiri loading. ........

1 Like

Re: Man Arrested For Posing As Tinubu (pictured) by b0y(m): 8:56am On Dec 01, 2015
Word on the street reveals the 'yahoo yahoo' no de pay anymore. Now boys have to diversify - impersonation on social networks, the way to go grin grin grin

Nearly a month ago, Liyel Imoke's wife having added me, sent me a LinkedIn inbox message informing of a vacant position in Customs that i might be interested in

4 Likes

Re: Man Arrested For Posing As Tinubu (pictured) by fogafoga23: 8:56am On Dec 01, 2015
Nawa o
Re: Man Arrested For Posing As Tinubu (pictured) by Tochytee(m): 8:56am On Dec 01, 2015
Issorite
Re: Man Arrested For Posing As Tinubu (pictured) by Sijo01(f): 8:57am On Dec 01, 2015
Na breast that one wey wear green get so?

1 Like

Re: Man Arrested For Posing As Tinubu (pictured) by Seunaj05(m): 8:57am On Dec 01, 2015
Would u rather impersonate Tinubu, why not Nnamdi Kanu?

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Arrested For Posing As Tinubu (pictured) by leoweblinkblog(m): 8:57am On Dec 01, 2015
Naija
Re: Man Arrested For Posing As Tinubu (pictured) by ojaydedon(m): 8:58am On Dec 01, 2015
topic headline kinda misleading

The young guy with the bank account story dey some hw..

why cant ppl look for legit means of making ends meet
Re: Man Arrested For Posing As Tinubu (pictured) by Nobody: 8:59am On Dec 01, 2015
pls can any1 tell me ow to edit my moniker on nland?
Re: Man Arrested For Posing As Tinubu (pictured) by Nobody: 8:59am On Dec 01, 2015
OK

2 Likes

Re: Man Arrested For Posing As Tinubu (pictured) by Zaikon(m): 8:59am On Dec 01, 2015
“It was that investigation and interrogation that gave me up. I tried to bribe them yet they refused and told me that police have changed and that it was no more business as usual. But one thing is clear; I did not rob with it.

like say na true
Re: Man Arrested For Posing As Tinubu (pictured) by kulboy247(m): 9:00am On Dec 01, 2015
free dem joor afterall is part of the change the APC promised
Re: Man Arrested For Posing As Tinubu (pictured) by Nobody: 9:00am On Dec 01, 2015
They are Lucky Adieze, 24, John Ogunnowo, 23, Obinna Collins, 21 and Afoke Adetolani, 58

Thank God that people from SS aren't Igbos as the yorubas claim.

Now everyone can answer for themselves

And to think that the Yoruba boy is wearing a shirt with the word 'responsibly' on it...

2 Likes

Re: Man Arrested For Posing As Tinubu (pictured) by oyetunder(m): 9:02am On Dec 01, 2015
Ipad, shoee plus fun...baits used to lure the mugun to his arrest! I'm laughing...such a foolish criminal going about showcasing his stupidity. Empty brains looking for emptier brains to dupe..,ow he ment those who revealed how stupid he truly is.

2 Likes

Re: Man Arrested For Posing As Tinubu (pictured) by alabi484(m): 9:02am On Dec 01, 2015
when the economy is not favorable... what do you expect?
Re: Man Arrested For Posing As Tinubu (pictured) by oyetunder(m): 9:04am On Dec 01, 2015
Ipad, shoee plus fun...baits used to lure the mugun to his arrest! I'm laughing...such a foolish criminal going about showcasing his stupidity. Empty brains looking for emptier brains to dupe..,ow he ment those who revealed how stupid he truly is
Re: Man Arrested For Posing As Tinubu (pictured) by frankwells(f): 9:04am On Dec 01, 2015
ENDTIME
Re: Man Arrested For Posing As Tinubu (pictured) by ChappyChase: 9:05am On Dec 01, 2015
M
Re: Man Arrested For Posing As Tinubu (pictured) by oyetunder(m): 9:07am On Dec 01, 2015
alabi484:
when the economy is not favorable... what do you expect?
You are right...but if all who are facing hardship see crimes as paths to keep living, then our society will be a war zone. Also, even in countries where the economies are good, many are still deliberately into crime. Making others to cry is surely not the best way to escape poverty or unemployment! Even when such guys eventually get proceeds from their terrible works, what do they do except partying, drinking and patronising prostitutes? Which shows that they are mainly victims of mental poverty.

1 Like

Re: Man Arrested For Posing As Tinubu (pictured) by Bitterleafsoup: 9:07am On Dec 01, 2015
If l they got the 5,000 promised by APC ......
Re: Man Arrested For Posing As Tinubu (pictured) by Nobody: 9:08am On Dec 01, 2015
dreadlock guy posing as Tinubu. ordinary opolo eye, you no get
Re: Man Arrested For Posing As Tinubu (pictured) by ChappyChase: 9:09am On Dec 01, 2015
These guys way disguise as Tinubu, them tell ham say Tinubu get Dada(dreadlocks)?
Re: Man Arrested For Posing As Tinubu (pictured) by kushma(m): 9:10am On Dec 01, 2015
See the stupid thing police used in making headline if it was gej they would come out to tell lies that nobody attacked him.the police should better look for good thing to do in this public than this.
Re: Man Arrested For Posing As Tinubu (pictured) by BTT(m): 9:10am On Dec 01, 2015
All manner of creative crimes.

Why didn't they just trsf the skills to something legitimate.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Vandals Caught In A Girl's Secondary School In Rivers State (Photos) / 4 Ways To Identify Fake Policemen / Charms And Weapons Recovered From Thugs At APC Rally In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.