Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,144 members, 7,818,433 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:40 PM

Us Residents With Knowledge Of Car Auction Centres - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Us Residents With Knowledge Of Car Auction Centres (1071 Views)

Car Auction Tread!!! Kia sportage Jeep @ 750k clean car with A.C / How To Successfully Understand A Used Car Dealer In A Used Car Auction! / I Need A Usa Car Auction Website To Bid For Auction Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Us Residents With Knowledge Of Car Auction Centres by archemedes: 12:53pm On May 28, 2009
Hi
Any1 who resides in US with the knowledge of car auction centres should please send me the details, preferably in Houston (707060). I will appreciate any information on the cost of car shipping from US to Nigeria.
Thanks immensely in anticipation of helpful responses
Re: Us Residents With Knowledge Of Car Auction Centres by promise72(m): 1:03pm On May 28, 2009
where do u live? You need to specify what type of auction you are looking for (clean title, accident etc) Some auctions require membership or dealers license i must let you know.

Good luck
Re: Us Residents With Knowledge Of Car Auction Centres by archemedes: 1:37pm On May 28, 2009
I actually live in UK but my friend, who will do the auctioning on my behalf has no idea of any auction centres in Houston (77060) and he has very busy schedule that I do not want to add to it, so I wish to find out the closest auction centres, clean title, in Texas and inform him. I do not have prior knowledge of the market, same as my friend, so I will really appreciate some help here.

Having bought a brand new 2010 Toyota Camry, I also wish to buy 2002/03/04/05 Toyota Camry and 2002/03/04/05 VW Passat but I really do not know the shipping and clearing costs. Will appreciate more info.

Thanks
Re: Us Residents With Knowledge Of Car Auction Centres by promise72(m): 2:11pm On May 28, 2009
Unfortunately, i dont live in Texas. I live in California. Your friend's time restriction will be a little bit problematic. Your requirement will require a bit of time devotion. Needless to say, it will probably require a dealer's license to access some clean car auction. otherwise, he will have to buy off the street or from personal owner (to save on taxes).

Your Shipping option is two. You can ship via container or ship via RO-RO. To ship via RO-RO, car will be moved to Florida (Jacksonville) from Texas (will cost extra) to ship. No RORO option from Texas for small cars.

Hope this helps.
Re: Us Residents With Knowledge Of Car Auction Centres by archemedes: 5:04pm On May 28, 2009
@thanks alot promise for you time. Are you a dealer yourself? I have a friend in San Francisco who can help me with the purchase if buying from California is cheaper in terms of shipping. Do you know the shipping cost?. Do you have idea of the cost of 2002/03/04/05 Toyota Camry and VW Passat? Which is the most cost effective way, buying off from owners or thru auction? Do you know of any site where car owners advertise? I have checked www.cars.com but it seems to be more expensive than buying through auction. what is you advise?
Re: Us Residents With Knowledge Of Car Auction Centres by promise72(m): 6:14pm On May 28, 2009
archemedes:

@thanks alot promise for you time. Are you a dealer yourself? I have a friend in San Francisco who can help me with the purchase if buying from California is cheaper in terms of shipping. Do you know the shipping cost?. Do you have idea of the cost of 2002/03/04/05 Toyota Camry and VW Passat? Which is the most cost effective way, buying off from owners or thru auction? Do you know of any site where car owners advertise? I have checked www.cars.com but it seems to be more expensive than buying through auction. what is you advise?

Starting with, yes i am a dealer. However, your question is somewhat loaded. There's a lot of price difference between 2002 tru 2005 camrys. Better still what u need to do is state your desire specs (leather, color,mileage, LE/XLE etc) that will help us in narrowing the focus a bit. Also, ur budget is important, I can tell u whether ur expectation is realistic or not ($$$ is coming down a little grin) expected to drop some more.

If i will buy it for you, this is how it will go. I will have to probably travel to Florida (since its 2 cars, its worth it) or New Jersey to get the cars. This will help u in shipping RO-RO. Theres no RORO from California. RORO shipment is a little cheaper and will get to you faster. Shipping from San Francisco is a little bit more hassle for you and expensive.

Also, does the car has to be necessary clean title or looking for salvage? I will charge for going down to Florida for you but your requirement/need will be the way we determin how we approach this issue.

Whichever way we go, i can guarantee that the car will at least meet your expectation. I know it will exceed but i dont wanna be accused of bragging so i will at least meet ur expectation.

So send me an email at promise72@yahoo.com You can give me some details. i will explain better.

I am ready when you are.
Re: Us Residents With Knowledge Of Car Auction Centres by chommy007: 8:18am On Jul 17, 2009
Please what is the cost of shipping from los angeles in california. what is the cost of clearing, cos i am sure you have agents that clear cars for you.
Also what's the cost of nissan murano 2005, infinti fx 35 2005 and honda crv 2007, all 4WD, in auctions around LA.
Re: Us Residents With Knowledge Of Car Auction Centres by Emperoh(m): 8:48am On Jul 17, 2009
chommy007:

Please what is the cost of shipping from los angeles in california. what is the cost of clearing, cos i am sure you have agents that clear cars for you.
Also what's the cost of nissan murano 2005, infinti fx 35 2005 and honda crv 2007, all 4WD, in auctions around LA.

Here's the clearing cost. . . .I believe Promise has a clearing but in case, contact me
emperoneroh@yahoo.com
Nissan Murano 2005 and Infiniti FX35 - N380k - N420k
Honda CRV 2007 - N450k

Toyota Camry Volkswagen Passat - N280k
Re: Us Residents With Knowledge Of Car Auction Centres by chommy007: 9:08am On Jul 17, 2009
What of the shipping and the cost of the cars?
Re: Us Residents With Knowledge Of Car Auction Centres by Jesarmy(f): 1:22pm On Jul 17, 2009
chommy007:

If you stream line your questions more it would be easier to answer-car make,year,model,trim.Shipping cost would be dependent on what port you are shipping out from.
You may find a car relatively cheap at one auction but depending on its proximity to the port,freight charges within the US might drive up the cost of transportation substantially.
Shipping via roro from the new jersey port budget about $1500.00 to take care of the freight of the car from the auction site (in nj area) and shipping to Naija.
Re: Us Residents With Knowledge Of Car Auction Centres by KunleA2(m): 2:34pm On Jul 17, 2009
chommy007:

You can send me an email. Promise72@yahoo.com

What car/specs are you looking for?
Re: Us Residents With Knowledge Of Car Auction Centres by jokesola: 7:16pm On Jul 17, 2009
I am a car dealer in Chicago.
I am reliable and can help anyone interested in buying cars in US.  I have an office in Nigeria
If you need any help in buying, shipping and clearing at affordable prices, then call my secretary
for further details 8056532355 mention Biodun from Chicago and schedule a meeting
My office is in Isolo Lagos.

(1) (Reply)

A Nollywood Film Maker Selling His Millenuim Beetle For Just N580,000 / I Need A Toks Car For 650k / SOLD - 2007 LAND ROVER LR3 4WD V8 SE For SALE - SOLD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.