Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,010 members, 7,953,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:16 AM

My Experience - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Experience (1870 Views)

My Experience With A Plagiarist / My Experience With Busayo (true Life Story) / My Experience With an Upcoming Artist (Short Story ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience by Nobody: 7:10pm On Dec 01, 2015
This story is based on imagination and real happenings. It is based on love.
Re: My Experience by Nobody: 8:58pm On Dec 01, 2015
Chapter 1
My mum woke me up on a Monday morning by 5.30 am to prepare for my entrance examination to Royal International College.
I graduated from Heroes Nursery and Primary School Ibadan. I am a young, fair and slim girl. I am the 1st child in a family of 5 with my parents. I have a younger brother and sister. I was lucky to be among the top 10 brilliant students in my class and I was the health prefect of my school the year I graduated.
My Mum is a vegetable oil dealer in Ibadan and Dad is a Teacher in a primary in my hometown: a village in Ogun State. My parents were childless for eleven years after their marriage before I was given birth to. My parents therefore took good care of me and I was sent to one of the best primary schools in the town.
I dressed up and followed my Mum to the school and I wrote my examination which I passed . I was given my admission letter, school bill and list of books. I was to resume the next day. My Mum paid my school fees and went to the bookshop to buy my books.......
Re: My Experience by DandyPearl(f): 12:32pm On Dec 02, 2015
Following! Next please
Re: My Experience by Nobody: 8:52pm On Dec 02, 2015
Chapter 2
I resumed on Tuesday and I was quite late but I saw others on the assembly. I heard the Principal saying `all junior students must add senior to the names of their seniors irrespective of their age or height'. I frowned after hearing that from the Principal.
Pearl! I heard my name from a friend_Mercy and she took me to my class JSS1B. I met some students in old uniforms in my class and I got to know that they repeated. These students isolated themselves from the new students and acted as the captain, asst captain. memo boy and girl between themselves for the day.
My Class Teacher, Miss Joy came to the class the next day to elect the new captain and so on based on our examination results. I was elected and voted for as the captain that day to my surprise. I was happy for my new post in class as I would be the captain to 30 students.
The elected class prefects and school prefects were introduced to the whole school on the assembly the next day. This act led to my great experience in the school.
Re: My Experience by Nobody: 9:32pm On Dec 02, 2015
Chapter 2 contd..
A week after resumption, I was given letters by from senior students to be their school daughter. I noticed each one of them and finally became a school daughter to 2 of my seniors: Senior Tomi and Senior Micheal due to their intelligence.
There were activities laid out daily to boost the students intelligence in my school
Monday:Literary and Debate.
Tuesday:Societal Meetings.
Wednesday:Co-curricular activities.
Thursday:Sports.
Friday: Farm work and Fellowship.
I joined the JET Club for societal meetings and Choir and Choreography for co-curricular activities.
My fame increased when it was JSS1B's turn for Literary and Debate with the JSS2B students. The topic was `a girl is better than a boy'. I was nervous to face about 200 students in the school hall but my classmates and school parents encouraged me. My class supported the topic and defeated our opponents with 6 points and ended with `what a man can do, a woman can do better`. My school parents were proud because of my performance.
Re: My Experience by heemah(f): 6:55am On Dec 03, 2015
Hmmmmnnnn! Dandypearl love, see as you dey chop clean mouth, thanks for not inviting me oooo...
Ride on maggielovely..
Re: My Experience by DandyPearl(f): 11:13am On Dec 03, 2015
heemah:
Hmmmmnnnn! Dandypearl love, see as you dey chop clean mouth, thanks for not inviting me oooo...
Ride on maggielovely..
no vex bae. I did not even find the story - it found me lool I actually tot I was invited oo but not to worry dear. Its good you're here also grin
Re: My Experience by Nobody: 11:51am On Dec 03, 2015
Chapter 3
A new student joined my class few weeks later. He was handed over to me by my class teacher to help him with school activities. Richard was quite older than me because he started school late. We became closer each day and I got to know a lot about him.Richard's parents were quite poor and couldn't afford his education so his Uncle took it upon himself to educate him by all means.
Richard is a dark,tall,heavily built and intelligent young guy,he is very good in sports mainly track events,he is a friendly and jovial guy. He had passion for music and wanted to become a rapper in the future. These traits made him popular in school. His friends were two classes ahead of him and those that called him brother in the neighbourhood were his mates but despite all these he determined to make it in life.
Love feast is done in my school during christmas when students put on their native attire,cook their native food and share it with other students. This party is done with friends from other schools alone....
Re: My Experience by Nobody: 1:12pm On Dec 05, 2015
Chapter 3 Contd.....
`Lets take a picture before the feast starts' Richard said. This would be the first time I would be asked to take a picture with a guy that is not in my family. I wanted to refuse the offer but he added `please for God's sake' and I had no option than to accept because other students were looking at us so we took the picture and he paid.
The feast started and went on quite well till it got to the contest for the Royal Family. Unknown to the students, some of our teachers were at the entrance of the hall to notice well dressed students that would take part in the contest. Adeyemi Pearl Adesewa, I heard my name as one of the contestants. Akinola Richard Olamiseku, that was Richard as one of the contestants also. I wore blouse and wrapper with head tie made of Aso oke of blue colour with heels and bag, Richard wore Dansiki and sokoto with a cap and black shoe. I, Richard and eight other students were told to dance to a song of our choice. Finally I and Richard won the contest amidst cheers
Re: My Experience by Nobody: 9:23am On Jan 10, 2016
Chapter 4
I and Richard became close friends and I got to know a lot about him. Richard is a happy guy in school but a sad guy at home, he tells me that the only time he has to play is in school so he is tagged the most playful boy in school.Most students dont know the reason why he plays a lot in school but the reason is best known to those who cared to ask.
I always feel pity for him because he suffers a lot from his Uncle's wife if his Uncle is not around. If his Uncle's wife wakes up before him and cooks the food, he should know that his food is not prepared so he will have to be on empty stomach for that day and he wont be given transport fare back home. Most times I have to share my food and money with him out of pity. Once Richard gets home he is always engaged in one work or the other that he often skips his lunch, due to this he doesn't have time to do his assignment and he is always punished for it. I got worried about this because I hate to see my friends being punished so we devised a plan......
Re: My Experience by ojuolu(m): 12:58pm On Apr 21, 2016
hi Maggie, what happened to the continuation of this story? I went through your profile now and i read through the story, wished you had continued.

(1) (Reply)

Shade's Unexpected Visit (A Short Romantic Story) / Between Achebe And Soyinka? / Start Making Money Writing Short Articles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.