Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,949 members, 7,817,788 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:39 PM

Corruption: South Africa Beats Nigeria As “Most Corrupt” African Country - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Corruption: South Africa Beats Nigeria As “Most Corrupt” African Country (36753 Views)

Nigeria Out Of Top 10 Most Corrupt Nations – [full List] / South Africa Beats Nigeria, Reclaims Spot As Africa's Largest Economy / CNN Refers To Nigeria As A North African Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corruption: South Africa Beats Nigeria As “Most Corrupt” African Country by Nobody: 9:53am On Dec 02, 2015
na Nigerians teach dem how to steal
Re: Corruption: South Africa Beats Nigeria As “Most Corrupt” African Country by politricks: 9:53am On Dec 02, 2015
OohLalah:

cheesy cheesy cheesy I can only lmao hard at this. Nigeria proud themselves of being the most intelligent country in Africa but are unable to comprehend a simple article?

This is the craziest thing ever!

Now, if anyone has read the article thoroughly its :

1) A report on what citizens perceive

2) It shows the intolerance of corruption by South Africa as being at most high than fellow Africans ( Which is a great thing)

3) No actual audit of corruption cases were done but citizens were surveyed to give opinion

What this article mean is:

1) More South Africans are vigilant and not complacent about corruption than their African counterparts

2) If you look at the most stated corruption case by South Africans its the Nkandla-gate which is $20 million vs Nigeria's latest Army gate @ $2.1 billion dollars.

Nigerians should more angrier but maybe have gotten used to corruption than their South African counterparts.

3) Imagine $2 Billion being lost to corruption in SA, their citizens would lynch their government reps while Nigeria's are sympathetic to theirs.

Conclussion : The article as an opinion of citizens about corruption and a barometer of corruption tolerance. FULL STOP!

P/S : NIGERIANS VERY QUICK TO CELEBRATE RUBBISH! THAT IS THE SAD PART OF THIS THREAD! undecided

Its obvious you are the one in confusion.

1 Like

Re: Corruption: South Africa Beats Nigeria As “Most Corrupt” African Country by ubah84(m): 9:56am On Dec 02, 2015
e de pain wailers
Re: Corruption: South Africa Beats Nigeria As “Most Corrupt” African Country by eightsin(m): 9:57am On Dec 02, 2015
OohLalah:

cheesy cheesy cheesy I can only lmao hard at this. Nigeria proud themselves of being the most intelligent country in Africa but are unable to comprehend a simple article?

2) It shows the intolerance of corruption by South Africa as being at most high than fellow Africans ( Which is a great thing)

3) No actual audit of corruption cases were done but citizens were surveyed to give opinion

1) More South Africans are vigilant and not complacent about corruption than their African counterparts

2) If you look at the most stated corruption case by South Africans its the Nkandla-gate which is $20 million vs Nigeria's latest Army gate @ $2.1 billion dollars.

Nigerians should more angrier but maybe have gotten used to corruption than their South African counterparts.

3) Imagine $2 Billion being lost to corruption in SA, their citizens would lynch their government reps while Nigeria's are sympathetic to theirs.

Conclussion : The article as an opinion of citizens about corruption and a barometer of corruption tolerance. FULL STOP!

P/S : NIGERIANS VERY QUICK TO CELEBRATE RUBBISH! THAT IS THE SAD PART OF THIS THREAD! undecided

You did justice to this...was about putting something similar up before I saw this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Corruption: South Africa Beats Nigeria As “Most Corrupt” African Country by BOWOTO(m): 10:00am On Dec 02, 2015
menix:
I knew APC goons is going to shop on this...

South Africa dey learn when it comes to corruption in nigeria..

Do south African Police collect 20rand from bus drivers

Do SA phone shops sell soaps as phone.

Do SA president tour the world looking for banks that could hide his money..

It's sad how Nigerians can be easily deceived, it's hard getting away with any crime in South Africa.....
Re: Corruption: South Africa Beats Nigeria As “Most Corrupt” African Country by Queengal: 10:00am On Dec 02, 2015
I better pass my neighbor oooooooooo
Re: Corruption: South Africa Beats Nigeria As “Most Corrupt” African Country by OohLalah(f): 10:01am On Dec 02, 2015
politricks:
Its obvious you are the one in confusion.

Please correct me then undecided
Re: Corruption: South Africa Beats Nigeria As “Most Corrupt” African Country by iheneme(m): 10:12am On Dec 02, 2015
OohLalah:

Aunty, if I ever need an English teacher it's definitely not you! When you have corrected the highlighted part of your comment (there are so many others), then you can quote me again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Corruption: South Africa Beats Nigeria As “Most Corrupt” African Country by OohLalah(f): 10:13am On Dec 02, 2015
justiz5:

www.thesouthafrican.com/south-africa-knocks-nigeria-off-its-perch-as-most-corrupt-african-country/

Another good evidence that PMB is working and fighting corruption.
'Passingshot' what's your take on this

@Op, you're being mischievous with this article. Why did you leave out this part and the picture of the recently held massive anti-corruption protest by South Africans from the article:

" South Africa is now [size=14pt] BELIEVED[/size]to be the most corrupt country in the continent, according to a new survey"

Keyword = BELIEVED!
Re: Corruption: South Africa Beats Nigeria As “Most Corrupt” African Country by 9jatatafo(m): 10:14am On Dec 02, 2015
SA has taken the cup
Re: Corruption: South Africa Beats Nigeria As “Most Corrupt” African Country by Junior66(m): 10:18am On Dec 02, 2015
eightsin:

Imagine... before you know... Nigeria will be known for nothing. We should at least be relevant in one way.. either bad or good. Lol
I honestly hope we are not becoming unpopular by the loss of this title. We must stay "giant of Africa" by all means.

1 Like

Re: Corruption: South Africa Beats Nigeria As “Most Corrupt” African Country by lezz(m): 10:24am On Dec 02, 2015
Dragonking:
@lezz , hope you can see this news....You can use it against ur south African friends when u guys chat....thank me later bro. wink
Hmn, you just made my day. I'm comming to kill those southie interlopers during break time

1 Like

Re: Corruption: South Africa Beats Nigeria As “Most Corrupt” African Country by OohLalah(f): 10:26am On Dec 02, 2015
iheneme:
Aunty, if I ever need an English teacher it's definitely not you! When you have corrected the highlighted part of your comment (there are so many others), then you can quote me again.

Thanks for the eagle eye on corrections. I will correct it now. That was a typo, you should know that it was meant to be NigeriaNS. Thanks "anywhoo" for the respect cheesy
Re: Corruption: South Africa Beats Nigeria As “Most Corrupt” African Country by ipreach: 10:28am On Dec 02, 2015
This is change

SEE MY SIGNATURE BELOW

1 Like

Re: Corruption: South Africa Beats Nigeria As “Most Corrupt” African Country by Nwaisuochi(m): 10:31am On Dec 02, 2015
Agimor:
Pessismist won't believe this,but if its the other way round they have been spewing gibberish.
I am beginning to think that most people on NL are either illiterate or plain dumb. SA is more corrupt than Nigeria according to the perception of SA citizens interviewed. In essence, what most Nigerians consider as normal behaviour is seen as corruption by SA citizens. Nigerians have grown to accept a public official stealing public funds if he does some tangible work with the rest of the budget while SA sees its president as corrupt if he spends extravagantly though legally and openly on his private residence. In other words, the threshold for corruption is lower in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Corruption: South Africa Beats Nigeria As “Most Corrupt” African Country by justiz5(m): 10:33am On Dec 02, 2015
OohLalah:

@Op, you're being mischievous with this article. Why did you leave out this part and the picture of the recently held massive anti-corruption protest by South Africans from the article:

" South Africa is now [size=14pt] BELIEVED[/size]to be the most corrupt country in the continent, according to a new survey"

Keyword = BELIEVED!

No way, am not being mischievous any where. Did you visit the source of the article before coming out with this conclusion
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------Holds hands on head out of surprise uuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!
Re: Corruption: South Africa Beats Nigeria As “Most Corrupt” African Country by justiz5(m): 10:35am On Dec 02, 2015
Bluffly:

Nigeria was never classified as the most corrupt country. Haven't you heard of Bangladesh, south sudan...
Check these links
http://i100.independent.co.uk/article/the-most-corrupt-countries-in-the-world-ranked-in-order--xJUZ5u9j_x
http://www.forbes.com/pictures/gklk45jd/1-somalia/
http://www.transparency.org/cpi2014/results
Is there any where in my post where I mentioned that Nigeria is the most corrupt country in the world
Re: Corruption: South Africa Beats Nigeria As “Most Corrupt” African Country by jaybee(f): 10:39am On Dec 02, 2015
Junior66:
Chao! Nigeria don lose another title o.

now i'm really missing gej
Re: Corruption: South Africa Beats Nigeria As “Most Corrupt” African Country by 247notire(m): 10:41am On Dec 02, 2015
OohLalah:

The stupidity of our so called leaders of tomorrow is alarming. The zombies are even much worse, waiting to lap up any perceived good news abt the current FG like the dogs they are... The black man doesn't read and that is his nemesis...

2 Likes

Re: Corruption: South Africa Beats Nigeria As “Most Corrupt” African Country by Nobody: 10:42am On Dec 02, 2015
The Blackman is a poison to his own self
Re: Corruption: South Africa Beats Nigeria As “Most Corrupt” African Country by Nobody: 10:50am On Dec 02, 2015
BABANGBALI:
people like you will never see anything good in Nigeria

My brother there's nothing good about Nigeria.. take or leave it but that's the truth...
Re: Corruption: South Africa Beats Nigeria As “Most Corrupt” African Country by mart2k(m): 10:51am On Dec 02, 2015
justiz5:

www.thesouthafrican.com/south-africa-knocks-nigeria-off-its-perch-as-most-corrupt-african-country/

Am not surprise at all, their President, Zuma is as corrupt as Atiku. Though, they ar close friends, only God knws who among them first introduce it to another

1 Like

Re: Corruption: South Africa Beats Nigeria As “Most Corrupt” African Country by Nobody: 10:54am On Dec 02, 2015
Nwaisuochi:
I am beginning to think that most people on NL are either illiterate or plain dumb. SA is more corrupt than Nigeria according to the perception of SA citizens interviewed. In essence, what most Nigerians consider as normal behaviour is seen as corruption by SA citizens. Nigerians have grown to accept a public official stealing public funds if he does some tangible work with the rest of the budget while SA sees its president as corrupt if he spends extravagantly though legally and openly on his private residence. In other words, the threshold for corruption is lower in Nigeria

May God Bless you jooor, The school fees wey ur papa pay no be for nothing ....#NigeriaIsCorruption#corruptionIsNigeria#

2 Likes

Re: Corruption: South Africa Beats Nigeria As “Most Corrupt” African Country by Bluffly: 11:13am On Dec 02, 2015
justiz5:

Is there any where in my post where I mentioned that Nigeria is the most corrupt country in the world

Your post says that South Africa beats Nigeria as the most corrupt country in Africa and I am making you understand that in the world and in Africa Nigeria as not be declared as the most corrupt. Did you not see the Transparent international link I posted in my earlier post. Check for sub-Saharan countries and tell me how Nigeria has been shown as the most corrupt country or taking over from

1 Like

Re: Corruption: South Africa Beats Nigeria As “Most Corrupt” African Country by kennycalls(m): 11:15am On Dec 02, 2015
These couldn't have been achieved if Gej was still the president. schmuck

1 Like

Re: Corruption: South Africa Beats Nigeria As “Most Corrupt” African Country by ICEMAN(m): 11:20am On Dec 02, 2015
Nigeria Congratulations! You are no longer the most CORRUPT nation in Africa! You are now the second most CORRUPT! What an achievement! RUBBISH!
Re: Corruption: South Africa Beats Nigeria As “Most Corrupt” African Country by uncjay(m): 11:45am On Dec 02, 2015
Junior66:
Chao! Nigeria don lose another title o.

Guy u jst make my belle dey pain for too much laugh...

Ha! Some people ooooo...
Re: Corruption: South Africa Beats Nigeria As “Most Corrupt” African Country by RexTramadol1: 11:49am On Dec 02, 2015
We must reclaim our top spot

What nonsense?

Only in the last days will S/A be more corrupt dan naija
Re: Corruption: South Africa Beats Nigeria As “Most Corrupt” African Country by ddjay: 12:01pm On Dec 02, 2015
justiz5:

no wonder mtn is making so much (and extreme) money in nigeria.because of the corruption they imported into nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PDP Convention: List Of Elected Candidates and Their Offices / Pictures Of Looters In Nigeria/ Before And After Karma... / Niger Communities Negotiate With Boko Haram, Pay N20m, Buy N500k Bike For Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.