Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,068 members, 7,828,783 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

Which Is More Important In Marriage? Love Or Character - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Which Is More Important In Marriage? Love Or Character (29875 Views)

61-Year-Old Woman Gives Birth To Triplets After 40 Years In Marriage. Photos / Marry and Grow In Love Or Marry The Person You Love, Which One Is Better? / DEBATE: Mother And Father Who Is More Important In The Family And Why ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is More Important In Marriage? Love Or Character by quatum: 7:07pm On Dec 02, 2015
Love is d 4th propErty to select a woman as wife. Cos if some acts in women starts to surface, The love u hav 4 her will varnish
Re: Which Is More Important In Marriage? Love Or Character by Escobapablo(m): 7:10pm On Dec 02, 2015
Both r important, bt if asked to choose one over d other, I will choose a good xter. I am more certain d xter will remain same. I am definitely sure d love will not. Look, one can decide to luv a mad person. Bt u can't manage a bad xter. Hope u get my drift.
Re: Which Is More Important In Marriage? Love Or Character by Trustworthiness: 7:26pm On Dec 02, 2015
Love is planted into the heart of a man by a woman. And this can only happen when a man and woman are married. Love before marriage in the heart of a man is lust not love. But a woman can Truely love a man before marriage.

So, how is love planted into the heart of a man by a woman? This is first by her good characters. These good characters of her make her submissive to her husband, always trying to please her husband and advising her husband positive. She also her to guard her husband properties and all what is rightly her husband including herself and the children. I am not saying she is a property of her husband, but she does not shear herself with another man.

I will also like to say, it is better for a man to marry a woman that truely loves him than looking a woman he loves. A woman that truely loves a man always tends to be more submissive and caring for the man.

But, for your own case, if your girlfriend truely loves you and not what you have, then go for her.

I cannot advice you to go for the second girl because what you have for her is lust not love. It is always like that for all men.

At this junction, i will advice you to think properly and list what you really want from a woman you want to marry as your wife. You the list as the criteria for the selection of a wife you intend to marry. You need to asked series questions in a matured and indirect way to get answers to your questions. Because, I lady that is desperate and deceptive one will surely want to hide the truth from you.
Re: Which Is More Important In Marriage? Love Or Character by qboi3000: 7:34pm On Dec 02, 2015
undecided bro after 3 solid years....4 out of the 5 voices in my head is saying u r an idiot....bt d one voice is saying u r jst stupid

P.s
U did say ur gf is prettier dan d oda girl....m nw sure dat ur stupidity is legendary

1 Like

Re: Which Is More Important In Marriage? Love Or Character by posterity(m): 7:47pm On Dec 02, 2015
love is not passive, rather it is active. from ur post, it shows you and the first girl you mentioned have a kind of relationship and mutual understanding that exist between people who have know each other. so I will entreat you not to make any rash decisions you might regret later. Pls d decision still lies with you no matter what suggestions you receive here. gudluck
Re: Which Is More Important In Marriage? Love Or Character by kaybext(m): 8:05pm On Dec 02, 2015
Both are important........but Love will fail when good character is absent.
Re: Which Is More Important In Marriage? Love Or Character by Nobody: 8:14pm On Dec 02, 2015
searchiing4love:

WHAT DO U WANT WANT FROM ME? grin grin

undecided
Re: Which Is More Important In Marriage? Love Or Character by Nobody: 8:16pm On Dec 02, 2015
Tomorrow you are going to open a thread about how heartless and wicked women are and I will here waitingcheesy
Re: Which Is More Important In Marriage? Love Or Character by banio: 8:21pm On Dec 02, 2015
The most important thing in marriage is a satisfying bleeping. Bleeping that will keep U indoors. Character is secondary. People cheat basically because of bleeping not character.
Re: Which Is More Important In Marriage? Love Or Character by Emasel(m): 8:24pm On Dec 02, 2015
Character, with time you can grow to love her.

1 Like

Re: Which Is More Important In Marriage? Love Or Character by 7footre(m): 8:25pm On Dec 02, 2015
jacoik:
I swear if to say u b woman I for blow u 7 hot kisses
I no be gay, I for close eyes collect them! 7 bottles of orijin should suffice thou wink
Re: Which Is More Important In Marriage? Love Or Character by Nobody: 8:28pm On Dec 02, 2015
Mr man, I am married. The problem is not love or character or the two ladies. The problem is YOU. If you do not learn to appreciate CARE, U will find a lady that will treat u like TRASH. Then u will complain more. Value care and affection when u see it.
Re: Which Is More Important In Marriage? Love Or Character by Nobody: 8:32pm On Dec 02, 2015
oba999:
bros sorry for my advice cos it may sound as an abuse or insult but take it as advice... from all d story so far i can see dat u are fed up of d first lady u claimed to be in a relationship for three gud years,am so sure u love d girl throughout d first year,second year,third year. but av u forgotten ur words of approaching d girl from day one u met??. because u av seen one girl with a gud smile u now tink of u dont love d first girl...i dont buy such idea.. i dated my wife for gud 5years and she is d one am happily married to.from d heart of d first girl she will tink she must av seen a faithful guy to marry not knowing he is opposite,do u know d number of men d girl must av rejected dere offer because of u... guy if i know u in person i will need to give u a dirty slap..
No I did not. I was initially attracted to her because of beauty but couldn't let go of her because of her character. There were times in which we broke up but I always find a way of bringing her back because she meets my specs character-wise and socially. She has been there for me even when I shout at her, even when i don't give her money. She was there for me when I had chicken pox. And I am grateful to her. Aside that, I do not romantically have feelings for her. I like her but I'm not in love with her. I can spend days without thinking about her at all. I have never really loved her.
However, I'm falling in love with the other girl.
Re: Which Is More Important In Marriage? Love Or Character by Matty33(m): 8:58pm On Dec 02, 2015
doubleportion:

When your parent ask you 'what do you know about love?' You will never know that it is a million dollars question untill realitty down on you. Don't get me wrong I know what love is.
U've gotten ur opinion just like I've got mine.
Re: Which Is More Important In Marriage? Love Or Character by ifeomaekol(f): 8:59pm On Dec 02, 2015
Itaarh:

Kai! Bad character can make the love fade away, character is the key!
dt is true, he really needs to evaluate both ladies wtout any prejudice.
Re: Which Is More Important In Marriage? Love Or Character by EssienFM(m): 10:40pm On Dec 02, 2015
MISTY SAYS HE CAN TAME A WOMAN THATS NT TRUE,NO ONE KAN TAME ANY1 ONLY TOLERATE,LOVE IS IMPORTANT BUT WONT SOLVE ALL MARIAGE PROBLEM,WAT WILL DO IS UNDERSTANDING,PLS CHOSE D ONE DAT U UNDERSTAND N D ONE THAT RESPECT U
Re: Which Is More Important In Marriage? Love Or Character by Slama09jnr(m): 10:47pm On Dec 02, 2015
datguru:
Let me put you in the right frame of mind bro.

Love and character work together, the reason you love a person is because of certain characters the person portray that attracts you and makes to want to be with that person. If you claim to love someone, it means you like the person's character.

Now, talking about love, it's a mental thing. Love is like a sickness and we recover from it with time. Love is necessary but not too important in a relationship or marriage, because it's like malaria, it comes and goes. The only thing you need to sustain any marriage or relationship is TOLERANCE.
Sometimes we see people who were deeply in love before getting married but 6 months after the marriage, they are talking of divorce, it's because there's no tolerance

You can only tolerate someone whose character you like. So I in this context, I think character before love
Nice 1... Like dah. U really make a point
Re: Which Is More Important In Marriage? Love Or Character by Nobody: 3:26am On Dec 03, 2015
Anjelus:
My dear brother, experience is truly the best teacher, wish I had the opportunity to seek peoples opinion like you are doing now. I thought marriage was about love romance and happiness but i learnt the hard way; you only appreciate the lady you claim to love now because you tend to see occasionally but you both become very familiar with each other thats when you will come to appreciate character over the so called romance called love. Marriage is about sacrifice, therefore, happiness in marriage is predicated on your ability and your partners ability to make sacrifice, if its one sided, it will choke you but if it is mutual, then you have made the best choice in marriage. So, if you want to be happy in marriage, marry a woman who can make the highest sacrifice for you and you will never regret it...... Remain blessed.
Which should be the foremost in choosing a wife? To marry a good and loving gal, or to marry a girl I love that may turn out to exhibit some very bad characters?
between marrying ur friend or
a woman with a good character, which one is the best??
Re: Which Is More Important In Marriage? Love Or Character by Nobody: 3:34am On Dec 03, 2015
rita25:
both but money is most important than the 2 put together grin
and i gat the money!!
so hw fr??

1 Like

Re: Which Is More Important In Marriage? Love Or Character by Nobody: 4:05am On Dec 03, 2015
oluwaisaac:
......Hmmmm....well, nice argument. But there is a girl I love, but hate her character. We fight....severally. It's my 4th year with her. She loves me too. Guess what, I can't leave her, because of the love. So, in as much as character is what I want, I just discovered, unfortunately, that, many waters cannot quench love. So, I'll advise the op to follow his heart and when the trials come, he should know that something must kill a man. If whomever he chooses is worth dying for, he should stick to her!
hmmm, as a gal friend u'ar fighting urselfs, what of if she lives with u as a wife maybe one day u"ll wake and kill ur selfs
Re: Which Is More Important In Marriage? Love Or Character by Nobody: 5:28am On Dec 03, 2015
I was exactly in the same situation just that i had to let the one of good character go because i didnt feel any form of love for her.

1 Like

Re: Which Is More Important In Marriage? Love Or Character by esoboy875(m): 7:08am On Dec 03, 2015
For me, I wil go for character because if u marry som1 u love bt av bad character, dat love can easily fade away. Pls b careful because marriage is an institution witout graduation.
Re: Which Is More Important In Marriage? Love Or Character by esoboy875(m): 7:24am On Dec 03, 2015
olowoba:

No I did not. I was initially attracted to her because of beauty but couldn't let go of her because of her character. There were times in which we broke up but I always find a way of bringing her back because she meets my specs character-wise and socially. She has been there for me even when I shout at her, even when i don't give her money. She was there for me when I had chicken pox. And I am grateful to her. Aside that, I do not romantically have feelings for her. I like her but I'm not in love with her. I can spend days without thinking about her at all. I have never really loved her.
It is ppl lyk u dat don't appreciate gud tin, nw dat u av finished her in nd out u ar jst sayin u lyk her. I pray God wil help u because if u miss her, u wil regret it dat is wat i assure u.
Re: Which Is More Important In Marriage? Love Or Character by wandyvirus(m): 9:03am On Dec 03, 2015
oluwaisaac:
......Hmmmm....well, nice argument. But there is a girl I love, but hate her character. We fight....severally. It's my 4th year with her. She loves me too. Guess what, I can't leave her, because of the love. So, in as much as character is what I want, I just discovered, unfortunately, that, many waters cannot quench love. So, I'll advise the op to follow his heart and when the trials come, he should know that something must kill a man. If whomever he chooses is worth dying for, he should stick to her!
Are you married to her? and what do you mean by "severally"? or did you mean to say repeatedly or several times? Kindly respond please.
Thanks.
Re: Which Is More Important In Marriage? Love Or Character by khadupsie(f): 9:44am On Dec 03, 2015
Love is not enough to hold a marriage there are several other virtues that does. But since you have 2 options I will say character. Character will help keep the love alive
Re: Which Is More Important In Marriage? Love Or Character by jacoik(m): 11:08am On Dec 03, 2015
7footre:

I no be gay, I for close eyes collect them! 7 bottles of orijin should suffice thou wink
alcohol isn't good to ur health, so flee thy from it n ur life will b well. so says d holly book
Re: Which Is More Important In Marriage? Love Or Character by FrancisCAF: 11:30am On Dec 03, 2015
Both are essential in marriage. They complement each other for a happy marriage. But love is the greatest. You can tolerate and adapt to other odds hence there is genuien love. With love you can be patient with susequent hurdles that may emanate in your marriage. I advice you give it more time. Where it is not coming, quit. Marriage is an endless journey, you will see a lot on your way.
Re: Which Is More Important In Marriage? Love Or Character by hooklover: 11:42am On Dec 03, 2015
Guy I can advise u while character is good go with a woman u love and has feelings for you.

Since u can go for days without thinking of her shows u do not love her. Cos if u marry her u will still look for a woman u love.

Marry a woman u love and d sigh of her turns u on every time.

If u marry her with time u must cheat and she will know and u will c a bad character from dis good character she claim to have now.

Let's avoid dis cheating by marrying who u love and wen u love a woman from u r heart it will be a joy remaining Faithfull not a burden.

This love will make u be at home with her every time.

Don't hurry find a woman u love and has d character u will c dem v just be patient.

A man's love is Wat determines if d home will stand.

Love is d key don't disappoint unself.if u do otherwise u will be married and still search 4 lov u.

Day good character will be shit in your eyes come u not seeing in through love and wen u cheat d character will change and you will regret wen she know u don't love her.
Re: Which Is More Important In Marriage? Love Or Character by 7footre(m): 1:11pm On Dec 03, 2015
jacoik:
alcohol isn't good to ur health, so flee thy from it n ur life will b well. so says d holly book
Lmao! That's story for another day man. Do the needful
Re: Which Is More Important In Marriage? Love Or Character by jacoik(m): 12:41pm On Dec 04, 2015
7footre:
Lmao! That's story for another day man. Do the needful
what's d needful
Re: Which Is More Important In Marriage? Love Or Character by prissyluv(f): 9:23pm On Dec 04, 2015
olowoba:

First,I will say you are wicked,very very wicked.
You knew from day one that you dont love her and no plans of marriage yet you kept her. I believe you must have tried so many times to love her but you couldnt,why didnt you let her go then?
What will be this lady's fate after this three wasteful years? YOU DIDNT TRY AT ALL AND GOD IS WATCHING YOU!
My concern is about the lady,pls let her go asap.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Help: My Wife Wants To Know Everything / My Younger Sister Has This Entitlement Mentality. Help I'm Scared For Her. / 23 Ways To Win Over Your Mother-in-Law

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.