Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

Lion Escapes From Cage At Jos Wildlife Park - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Lion Escapes From Cage At Jos Wildlife Park (43950 Views)

Chimpanzee Escapes From Jos Zoo. Might Be Shot Tomorrow (photos) / 10 Breathtaking And Beautifully Captured Wildlife Photographs / Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lion Escapes From Cage At Jos Wildlife Park by Nobody: 1:01pm On Dec 02, 2015
Lions don't live up to 30 years even in captivity... so, you guys are telling me that lion is 43 years old? come on people, how am i supposed to believe that?

lion, which had been caged since 1972

3 Likes

Re: Lion Escapes From Cage At Jos Wildlife Park by chuckdee4(m): 1:03pm On Dec 02, 2015
Otapipia:
A lion that is almost 50years old is not capable of wrecking havoc. They should let it be I beg. It needs some fresh air.
Lions live to between 10-14 years old, makes me think the story is fake.
Re: Lion Escapes From Cage At Jos Wildlife Park by 3moses: 1:04pm On Dec 02, 2015
things to consider....
1. the lion will have low skills in hunting... that doesn't mean it can't kill.
2. it will still be afraid of attacking humans... cos, it has nt done that before... that doesn't give u tells u dare it.
3. the more it stays in d bush, the more it gets wild.
Re: Lion Escapes From Cage At Jos Wildlife Park by Originalsly: 1:06pm On Dec 02, 2015
Raylight2:
bro can u take a walk to the park and update ur DP wit the pix of the runaway lion since it no longer has power to kill a chicken?. please now..
Bro....the life span of a lion in captivity averages between 20 and 30 years....when we'll taken care of. This one according to the report is at least 43 years .... if the lion is infact that old I maintain he can't kill a chicken unless he lays on it. Always chew before you swallow.
Re: Lion Escapes From Cage At Jos Wildlife Park by meforyou1(m): 1:06pm On Dec 02, 2015
I know that lion. visited that park in 1998.

2 Likes

Re: Lion Escapes From Cage At Jos Wildlife Park by Onlymewakacum(m): 1:08pm On Dec 02, 2015
Devosequence:
I just heard now, that the military is taming/training the lion; can somebody pls clarify me here, is it now part of the military's portfolio to do such ??

They are training the lion to fight Boko Haram grin

1 Like

Re: Lion Escapes From Cage At Jos Wildlife Park by That2: 1:08pm On Dec 02, 2015
LOL i want to taste lion pepper soup. If only the lion escapes to my area. grin
Re: Lion Escapes From Cage At Jos Wildlife Park by Nobody: 1:08pm On Dec 02, 2015
laurenziz6:
End time lion grin
End time f00l
Re: Lion Escapes From Cage At Jos Wildlife Park by Jephz(m): 1:09pm On Dec 02, 2015
oh lord pls give d zoo keepers sense

check here for latest life hacks. u gonna love em
www.tranxnews.com/category/lifehack/

1 Like

Re: Lion Escapes From Cage At Jos Wildlife Park by southcent: 1:12pm On Dec 02, 2015
ahhh!

1 Like

Re: Lion Escapes From Cage At Jos Wildlife Park by Orobo2Lekpa: 1:14pm On Dec 02, 2015
Re: Lion Escapes From Cage At Jos Wildlife Park by Jydman01: 1:16pm On Dec 02, 2015
Pls, I think u should forget about capturing for now and gun him down if found so as to safe d life of ppl around the place.
Re: Lion Escapes From Cage At Jos Wildlife Park by Captainswag225(m): 1:20pm On Dec 02, 2015
SeXistBaStaRd:
WTF! Lions live for 10-14 years in the wild and more than 20 years in captivity...1972?... BULLSH!T,they cant even keep proper records.

And yes Nigerian zoos suck so theres no way they have the resources to keep a lion that long. lipsrsealed

Hope fully some dumbfvck of a nairalander wont kill it and tag "Look at what I found Roaming my backyard" undecided
when will u ever have sense? Speaking from ur ass as always.
Re: Lion Escapes From Cage At Jos Wildlife Park by Mililuv(m): 1:21pm On Dec 02, 2015
Next thing you will now hear is, bring back our lion. Yeye country.
Re: Lion Escapes From Cage At Jos Wildlife Park by preetyb(f): 1:26pm On Dec 02, 2015
godoluwa:
u r wicked
Just wait until it gets one of ur leg before u knw it needs to be shoot at sight.
Re: Lion Escapes From Cage At Jos Wildlife Park by Emmiee28(m): 1:29pm On Dec 02, 2015
ricsman:
why will a zoo not be fenced?
Lion will jump over D fence over, n no zoo witout bulb wire or fence
Re: Lion Escapes From Cage At Jos Wildlife Park by Amokwe(m): 1:30pm On Dec 02, 2015
[size=8pt] grin grin grin....time to take 'Ogbu Agu' title grin grin grin
Re: Lion Escapes From Cage At Jos Wildlife Park by Raylight2(m): 1:31pm On Dec 02, 2015
Originalsly:
Bro....the life span of a lion in captivity averages between 20 and 30 years....when we'll taken care of. This one according to the report is at least 43 years .... if the lion is infact that old I maintain he can't kill a chicken unless he lays on it. Always chew before you swallow.
what do they feed the lion with? are they not stronger than a chicken? always think before jumping into conclusion?
Re: Lion Escapes From Cage At Jos Wildlife Park by arrhenius15(m): 1:32pm On Dec 02, 2015
Pikshures! OR I DON'T BLIV IT
Re: Lion Escapes From Cage At Jos Wildlife Park by 247notire(m): 1:34pm On Dec 02, 2015
Niyinficient:
Kudos to d Lion, planning prison break since 1972 and achieving it's aim in 2015 almost 43 years! #GranddaddyLion!

It's lesson to u all....dont stop believing, u can achieve ur goals in life!
Guy ur making people here ask me why I'm laughing like a mumu cheesy

1 Like

Re: Lion Escapes From Cage At Jos Wildlife Park by callmekendall(m): 1:37pm On Dec 02, 2015
southcent:
ahhh!

1 Like

Re: Lion Escapes From Cage At Jos Wildlife Park by ValerianSteel(m): 1:42pm On Dec 02, 2015
I never knew Lions live that long in captivity.

A lion that is 43 years old,never heard of that before.I hope it is recaptured safely and returned back to the Park.

The park needs to be heavily secured with 24hr surveillance and standby tranquilizer shots for erring animals should be carried by all those attending to them.

There should be an organized animal protection agency and wild life enthusiast in the country to safe out wildlife from extinction with the rate at which Nigerians clamor for the death of these precious animals.
Re: Lion Escapes From Cage At Jos Wildlife Park by Koleman(m): 1:43pm On Dec 02, 2015
Imagine opening you house door only to come face to face with a lion. Na to just wake up from that bad dream

1 Like

Re: Lion Escapes From Cage At Jos Wildlife Park by eve007: 1:43pm On Dec 02, 2015
The lion would be too dazed to believe it's luck!!!!too many walking prey grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lion Escapes From Cage At Jos Wildlife Park by dexcira(f): 1:48pm On Dec 02, 2015
demolinka:
If I hear anybody come here dey shout 'END TIME LION', ehn...
. U nailed it. Chop knuckle. I tire for d endtym tngs cheesy
Re: Lion Escapes From Cage At Jos Wildlife Park by HrmOlolade(m): 1:49pm On Dec 02, 2015
free2ryhme:
the lion want to eat better meat grin
Better meat like yours grin
Re: Lion Escapes From Cage At Jos Wildlife Park by free2ryhme: 1:50pm On Dec 02, 2015
HrmOlolade:
Better meat like yours grin
you get beef with the lion abi

It will be interested!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Thousands Of Sea Creatures Washing Up In The North Of England ( Pics) / Turtle Wanders Into The City In Lagos (Photos) / Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.