Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

Onitsha Central Mosque Burnt Down (Photo) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onitsha Central Mosque Burnt Down (Photo) (62513 Views)

Onitsha Central Mosque Sold For N400m, “igbos In The North Relocate Now” / Obasanjo Builds Central Mosque In Abeokuta To Celebrate His 80th Birthday (PICS) / Biafra: MASSOB,IPOB Deny Setting Onitsha Central Mosque Ablaze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onitsha Central Mosque Burnt Down (Photo) by Nobody: 10:19am On Dec 03, 2015
ModiKen:
This is getting out of hand.

PMB, u need to pay closer attention, you may have smtin bigger than Boko Haram to deal with soon cos as of now the sleeping dogs in the Niger Delta have not been woken up.

Help me tell them o,these guys are not like the almajiris without brain.these guys are brainy and can create havoc if given the opportunity. Not to mention the niger deltans that are crying foul over their lost.
Re: Onitsha Central Mosque Burnt Down (Photo) by Nobody: 10:19am On Dec 03, 2015
chrisbaba1:

Why always put the blame on us? Be responsible for your actions for once in your history.....

Underdevelopment of SE - yoruba
Biafra genocide - Yoruba and hausa
Media reporting news - Yoruba
Burnt mosque in Onitsha - Yoruba
Reason you can't secede - Yoruba

We are not against you, neither do we support you.

Oh you now understand Hausa? Lmao. They are no more dullards, almanjari, born throwey, etc that you call them, you must think pple are fo.o.ls.

My Co omo oduduwa, if I know why the blame is always on us, I for happy, they are the one's hating us, but they keep blaming us for everything

3 Likes

Re: Onitsha Central Mosque Burnt Down (Photo) by owumzy(m): 10:19am On Dec 03, 2015
This is madness
Everyone is watching
I hope someone will talk sense into these guys
The Igbos have more to lose should they continue on this route
You can surely protest but this is an absurd way to do it

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Central Mosque Burnt Down (Photo) by judondasylva(m): 10:19am On Dec 03, 2015
Akinz0126:
What is the meaning of all this for goodness sake?my fellow SE brothers what has gotten over you over night.Remember that there are more igbos in the North than any order part of the country going about there daily routine without fear or favour should you trigger the anger of the northerners you automatically fan the flame you know thw northerners only listen to game start but time up is not in there dictionary.Please stop this madness already violence would kill every livestock and live the state in shambles.Enough of all this already.
Is it that most people on this Nairaland are blind or that they all hate Igbo? looking at the picture here its very clear that the mosque in question was very separate from the shop that is on fire, why are some people bent on blackmail against Igbo people? this is why Nigeria as a nation can never progress because of lies and cheating against a tribe that is peaceful and hard working.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Central Mosque Burnt Down (Photo) by Nobody: 10:20am On Dec 03, 2015
dazzlingd:
op pls stop this...
stop agitating violence.
All I see are shops burnt
Are you blind?
Re: Onitsha Central Mosque Burnt Down (Photo) by Nobody: 10:23am On Dec 03, 2015
judondasylva:
Is it that most people on this Nairaland are blind or that they all hate Igbo? looking at the picture here its very clear that the mosque in question was very separate from the shop that is on fire, why are some people bent on blackmail against Igbo people? this is why Nigeria as a nation can never progress because of lies and cheating against a tribe that is peaceful and hard working.

Shut the fucck up, even igbos on Facebook, witnessed that they burnt down the central mosque, so what justification are you trying to give

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Central Mosque Burnt Down (Photo) by owumzy(m): 10:23am On Dec 03, 2015
ModiKen:
This is getting out of hand.

PMB, u need to pay closer attention, you may have smtin bigger than Boko Haram to deal with soon cos as of now the sleeping dogs in the Niger Delta have not been woken up.

Lier!!!
Re: Onitsha Central Mosque Burnt Down (Photo) by ayinde2ade(m): 10:23am On Dec 03, 2015
angry this is stupidness at it peak
Re: Onitsha Central Mosque Burnt Down (Photo) by Naruto87(m): 10:24am On Dec 03, 2015
thanks to all those who clarified to FP news..I just hope the moderators should pay more attention to what they post on FP.
Re: Onitsha Central Mosque Burnt Down (Photo) by barcaboi(m): 10:25am On Dec 03, 2015
cktheluckyman:

Enough of these infantile threats!! While the burning of the mosque is condemable these threats are becomming annoying!! Churches have been burnt and southerners killed in the north before and heavens did not fall.

The east is presently charged up and any killing of igbos anywhere in the north will be met with vicious reprisals and will lead to unctrollable violence across the entire northern and eastern region.!!! No one has a monopoly of violence!! It is only a tree that won't fight back if it is been cut down.
funny thing is when ibos destroy things that belongs to ibos...and hausa destroys hausas property like d market and mosques in d north.....violence shd be condemned in any form....Catalonia wants 2 separate from spain and even their agitation isn't violent.
Re: Onitsha Central Mosque Burnt Down (Photo) by AnanseK(m): 10:26am On Dec 03, 2015
Desperately trying to start a war.
Re: Onitsha Central Mosque Burnt Down (Photo) by Nobody: 10:26am On Dec 03, 2015
FolarinLondon:

Just listen to your worthless self talk...

The last civil war which sent millions of your useless kinsmen to their graves was brought to an end by a Yoruba man idea but only for you fools to hold Yoruba responsible for your foolishness.

You have started a new campaign to bring a war upon yourself and fellow kinsmen

Tell them my brother, when they were busy at war, yorubas are busy gaining knowledge in various institutions, so i don't know their hatred for yorubas

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Central Mosque Burnt Down (Photo) by thundafire: 10:33am On Dec 03, 2015
cktheluckyman:

Enough of these infantile threats!! While the burning of the mosque is condemable these threats are becomming annoying!! Churches have been burnt and southerners killed in the north before and heavens did not fall.

The east is presently charged up and any killing of igbos anywhere in the north will be met with vicious reprisals and will lead to unctrollable violence across the entire northern and eastern region.!!! No one has a monopoly of violence!! It is only a tree that won't fight back if it is been cut down.

so mumu is dat y ur Biafra is burning mosques y always start up trouble cnt u guys protest without issues i pity dy igbos u guys will be killed cs ur foolish leaders greed as una poor so can u shw me one big man pikin dts with u pple protesting

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Central Mosque Burnt Down (Photo) by viktor01(m): 10:37am On Dec 03, 2015
[b]Guess at this point it will suffice to say that the BIAFRA is the Eastern version of BH.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Central Mosque Burnt Down (Photo) by Abdul4trust1(m): 10:38am On Dec 03, 2015
cktheluckyman:

For quite a number of years now, muslims and christians in Nigeria have live peacefully. Through negotiation we can solve our comon problems and live peacefully in Nigeria. You should not clamour for war by saying that we are no longer in 1967 or whatever. Please, don't call for war because the 5 eastern states cannot survive war with Nigeria, infact, it will be more deverstating on them. Let's call for peace. #OneLoveOneNigeria

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Central Mosque Burnt Down (Photo) by lailo: 10:44am On Dec 03, 2015
And it was a pissful protest....

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Central Mosque Burnt Down (Photo) by funkyibodude(m): 10:46am On Dec 03, 2015
chrisbaba1:

Why always put the blame on us? Be responsible for your actions for once in your history.....

Underdevelopment of SE - yoruba
Biafra genocide - Yoruba and hausa
Media reporting news - Yoruba
Burnt mosque in Onitsha - Yoruba
Reason you can't secede - Yoruba

We are not against you, neither do we support you.

Oh you now understand Hausa? Lmao. They are no more dullards, almanjari, born throwey, etc that you call them, you must think pple are fo.o.ls.
I blame your media not you
Re: Onitsha Central Mosque Burnt Down (Photo) by stasius: 10:50am On Dec 03, 2015
Instigating violence is bad!

No mosque was torched!

No mosque was burnt in Onitsha.

Ndi ozu ashi!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onitsha Central Mosque Burnt Down (Photo) by DedicatedEnkist: 10:52am On Dec 03, 2015
these Biafrans people self.why burning mosques?when it comes to violence and destructions,you can not stand the Hausas.....wait and see the results of what you did at Anambra.anybody that has been flogged by madman before when he sees mechanic he will run.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Central Mosque Burnt Down (Photo) by AhmedInusa: 10:59am On Dec 03, 2015
cktheluckyman:

See these guyz abeg... let's take a Critical look at this thinking of a profer Solutions not mocking.
Re: Onitsha Central Mosque Burnt Down (Photo) by fashiajones(m): 10:59am On Dec 03, 2015
tonychristopher:
“The Law of Inertia states that a body in motion will remain in motion, and a body at rest will remain at rest. In life, nothing will happen when no one will make a move”#

I will start this write up with a quote so dear to me.... Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves. ~Abraham Lincoln...
For those of you saying that self rule is stupidity, I laugh at them, maybe we have to say that the Jews were stupid when they wanted their country, maybe we can confidently say that the Catalonians are stupid for wanting their own state from Spain, maybe we can say the Kurds are stupid for wanting their own state from turkey, maybe we can say that the Irish were stupid for having Ireland...maybe we can say that Singapore where stupid for wanting out of Malaysian confederation, maybe Qatar were stupid for stepping out of Oman, maybe we can say that Quebec region is stupid for wanting out of Canada.
The ability to have freedom is important and there is no stupidity in it, to me what is stupid is taking it violent. But I have come to realise that the Blackman has refused to evolve, his evolution stopped at the HOMO ERECTUS stage where as other races has evolved to HOMO SAPIENS and SAPIENS SAPIENS stage. What is wrong in calling the aggrieved party as it was done in UK, and as it is done in SPAIN ...let there be referendum and dialogue, but the average Blackman with his black mind and negroid mentality will draft army to go and shoot protest.
We do not have capacity to invent anything meaningful apart from wickedness and witchcraft, but why can’t us at lease copy what the whites have invented and one of them is rubber bullets and tranquilizers. We can at least use rubber bullet to disperse these people, and then call for a truce and round table discussion. But the issue is that Blackman has refused to think and evolve. that is why we are in this mess today. A country created by the whites (Race) and some people are saying that there are some lacuna and fractures in this country..We want out but we can still be friends, To me I do not see why people should call this stupid
To me, I abhore anything violent and I believe in the power of dialogue. I condemn the killings in totality be it on the part of the protest and more especially on the part of the Army. I am an Igbo man but I have to see logicality in things. I do not know why people should get terrified and petrified at the mere mention of Biafra or IPOB. The global community is watching, information is at a finger tip and more especially we the African must and have to show the world that we are matured and can handle our affairs maturely. We must show the world that everything is not violent and killing. If you have been to WEST you will understand the notion of BLACKS, the Blackman is seen as not been able to think, not been able to use methodology to sort his problem out, and not been able to use dialogue to solve issues but resorts to violence. This can be seen from the hoods of Campton to Brooklyn to philly. The poorest countries in WESTERN HEMISHPERE are countries governed by blacks such as Haiti et al.
Biafra can be possible, Biafra possibility and viability doesn’t stop Biafra relationship with Nigeria. The way Nepal hasn’t stopped cordial relationship with India nor Hong Kong stopping relationship with Mainland China. I just keep asking why can’t we African think, must we be violent. There can be Biafra and other countries but in a confederation form, something we have in United Kingdom.
A brief lecture on confederation
A confederation (also known as confederacy or league) is a union of political units for common action in relation to other units.[1] Usually created by treaty but often later adopting a common constitution, confederations tend to be established for dealing with critical issues (such as defense, foreign affairs, or a common currency), with the central government being required to provide support for all members.
The nature of the relationship among the states constituting a confederation varies considerably. Likewise, the relationship between the member states, the central government, and the distribution of powers among them is highly variable. Some looser confederations are similar to intergovernmental organizations and even may permit secession from the confederation. Other confederations with stricter rules may resemble federations. A unitary state or federation may decentralize powers to regional or local entities in a confederal form.
In Canada, the word confederation has an additional, unrelated meaning.[2] "Confederation" refers to the process of (or the event of) establishing or joining the Canadian federal state.
In the context of the history of the indigenous peoples of the Americas, a confederacy may refer to a semi-permanent political and military alliance consisting of multiple nations (or "tribes", "bands", or "villages"wink which maintained their separate leadership.
On a closing remark, the Blackman must evolve and the blackman must show the world that we can handle our affairs. Putting Nnamdi Kanu in jail isn’t dialogue not maturity but I see it as intimidation and mind you might isn’t right in anyway. Using live bullet on civilians protesting either violently or non violently, to me I see it as barbaric and stupidity. The earlier we open up for dialogue and engagement the better for us. We Africans must stop been laughed at.

History does not teach fatalism. There are moments when the will of a handful of free men breaks through determinism and opens up new roads.
~Charles de Gaulle

Liberty is the possibility of doubting, of making a mistake,... of searching and experimenting,... of saying No to any authority — literary, artistic, philosophical, religious, social, and even political.
~Ignazio Silone, The God That Failed, 1950

i agree with dialogue but you didn't made mention of the hate speech nnamdi kanu made calling the FRN a zoo calling a race a "bastard and a baboon'' and also a treasonable comments he made calling for arms and fighting and you didn't make mention of the violent protests the misguided illiterate youths of the so called IPOB have embarked on. you didnt also mention while the IPOB just suddenly wake up from their slumber to a new administration who have barely spend 6months in office agitating for biafra...i come to a conclusion that you are bias and you need to come out straight, calling a a spade a spade...thank

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onitsha Central Mosque Burnt Down (Photo) by funkyibodude(m): 11:04am On Dec 03, 2015
99billiondollar:

Shut the fucck up, even igbos on Facebook, witnessed that they burnt down the central mosque, so what justification are you trying to give
you shut it! No mosque was burnt down, I'm currently in upper iweka now and I can't get through to the location of the mosque because security agencies have condoned off the area. So I can't take pics. Don't help in the spreading of lies and propaganda
Re: Onitsha Central Mosque Burnt Down (Photo) by uncleade(m): 11:05am On Dec 03, 2015
coolar:
Hausas burn churches and ibos burn mosques during protests.

These birds of a feather don't flock together because religious understanding is diminishing among the youths.

Religion should promote our peaceful coexistence and not otherwise.
i do not know which group of ethnic you belong.but I am very impressed with your comment.this shows that we still have a number of intelligent people, even though a very few in this nation.I am a yoruba man and i live in Burkina.but I can assure you that here in Burkina.we are coexisting peacefully. I mean .the yorubas igbos and hausas.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Central Mosque Burnt Down (Photo) by Nobody: 11:05am On Dec 03, 2015
99billiondollar:

My Co omo oduduwa, if I know why the blame is always on us, I for happy, they are the one's hating us, but they keep blaming us for everything

Its because we are too liberal. We need to become non neutral, aggressive and selfish in pursuit of our interests. Enough of Yoruba babysitting and sacrificing our pride for the good of every one else. Time to be selfish.

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Central Mosque Burnt Down (Photo) by omakay(m): 11:06am On Dec 03, 2015
Wait ooooooo!!!!

All this talk of whether the mosque burning is true or not.

Is there no member of nairaland forum in Onitsha right now who can go to the mosque and snap/upload realtime pictures of the structure so that the incident can be correctly verified.
Re: Onitsha Central Mosque Burnt Down (Photo) by Nobody: 11:06am On Dec 03, 2015
JideTheBlogger:
Onitsha Central Mosque burnt down during biafra protest today at Onitsha

stop deceiving Nigerians.

show me d burnt part of d mosque.

omakay. 99billiondollar.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Full Transcript Of Amaechi's Leaked Tapes "Insulting Buhari" / Drone Shots Of Senator Ademola Adeleke Campaign Train In Osogbo City (pictures) / Magu Thrown Into A Cell, Detained By Police In Abuja - Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.