Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,300 members, 7,819,016 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

Airtel Is The Fastest. - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Airtel Is The Fastest. (4165 Views)

The Fastest And Most Economical Network For Data / See The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World. / It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Airtel Is The Fastest. by Nobody: 4:42pm On Dec 03, 2015
dragnet:

those are merely packet tests, not actual download speeds. anybody can get those.
download files & check, if your speed match those, then they're real.

I comfortably get 18mbps download speed on my Mtn, I don't know what u are talking about. If u are talking about megabit per second and megabyte per second yes I know what that means. My response was because op said airtel is the fastest because he is getting download speed of 2mbps which in my opinion is too slow for 2015.
Re: Airtel Is The Fastest. by funkdr(m): 5:05pm On Dec 03, 2015
INCREDIBLEGUY:
For me i normally usee etisalat chat pack which is 150 to download unlimited for a week
what's the procedure?.
Re: Airtel Is The Fastest. by Nobody: 5:20pm On Dec 03, 2015
greenhulk:

Lol. 2mb/s is fast? Lwkmd. My Mtn gives me 18mb/s on my galaxy s6 and its still asking for more.
Funny speed... Download using UC browser and show me screenshot.

1 Like

Re: Airtel Is The Fastest. by paulworld(m): 5:54pm On Dec 03, 2015
INCREDIBLEGUY:
bross your lie carry weight oh grin grin angry 5gbfor under one hour abeg suffry lie angry grin embarassed
Well bro you dont have to believe what tou haven't seen

Re: Airtel Is The Fastest. by Elxandre(m): 6:11pm On Dec 03, 2015
greenhulk:

Lol. 2mb/s is fast? Lwkmd. My Mtn gives me 18mb/s on my galaxy s6 and its still asking for more.
Your speed is megabit not megabyte.
Still quite fast though.
It's just 2.25megabytes and you are forming grin
Re: Airtel Is The Fastest. by Nobody: 6:16pm On Dec 03, 2015
Elxandre:

Your speed is megabit not megabyte.
Still quite fast though.
It's just 2.25megabytes and you are forming grin

Of course I know its mbps which is megabits per second. Still a lot faster than 2mbps. And do u seriously think there's a network that can download 18 megabyte per second in Nigeria? Even in Africa it is rare.
Re: Airtel Is The Fastest. by Nobody: 6:18pm On Dec 03, 2015
iyke926:

Funny speed... Download using UC browser and show me screenshot.

I don't need to download using uc browser. I get up to 28mbps on peak hours. And 18mbps doesn't mean I download 18 mb of data in 1 second, lol. That is not possible in Nigeria right now, and I doubt if there are many networks that can do that in Africa.
Re: Airtel Is The Fastest. by Elxandre(m): 6:23pm On Dec 03, 2015
greenhulk:

Of course I know its mbps which is megabits per second. Still a lot faster than 2mbps. And do u seriously think there's a network that can download 18 megabyte per second in Nigeria? Even in Africa it is rare.
The point is your speed is same as that guy's smiley Browsers measure speed at megabytes.
Re: Airtel Is The Fastest. by gurunlocker: 6:37pm On Dec 03, 2015
greenhulk:

18mbps isn't your download speed..... at this rate, if you download with ucbrowser or ADM on phone you will get 1.9Mbps as your real download speed.... 18mbps is just the rate at which your network is receiving data.

ETISALAT still the craziest tho

1 Like

Re: Airtel Is The Fastest. by henryutd(m): 7:22pm On Dec 03, 2015
I just recovered from the mental torture that I was subjected to by Globacom. 4 days torture simply because I wanted to use the 200mb that was given to me. Even snail is faster than GLO.

Thank God for Etisalat. God bless Etisalat.
Re: Airtel Is The Fastest. by mosjames: 7:30pm On Dec 03, 2015
MTN fast die
But their bundles are too expensive
Re: Airtel Is The Fastest. by ewizard1: 5:42pm On Dec 04, 2015
Anyone... whats the code & price for the MTN Hourly plan. Thanks.
Re: Airtel Is The Fastest. by Nobody: 6:09pm On Dec 04, 2015
greenhulk:

Dude, I used to have a similar app in my phone, and anytime I do a speed check, I'd be shown something like 16Mbps and 17Mbps respectively, meanwhile, both my UC brower and CM browser tell another story. It was later that I realised that mb/s and Mbps weren't the same, in fact, Mbps which stands for megabit per sec is less than mb/s which is an acronym for megabyte per sec.

If you do a quick calculation and conversion, your 18.46 Mbps is roughly 2.3mb/s. Still pretty fast, but at least believable in Nigerian standard.
Re: Airtel Is The Fastest. by Nobody: 6:26pm On Dec 04, 2015
koice:

Dude, I used to have a similar app in my phone, and anytime I do a speed check, I'd be shown something like 16Mbps and 17Mbps respectively, meanwhile, both my UC brower and CM browser tell another story. It was later that I realised that mb/s and Mbps weren't the same, in fact, Mbps which stands for megabit per sec is less than mb/s which is an acronym for megabyte per sec.

If you do a quick calculation and conversion, your 18.46 Mbps is roughly 2.3mb/s. Still pretty fast, but at least believable in Nigerian standard.

We are saying the same thing . If u read my posts I said I didn't mean u was downloading 18mb of data in 1 second, no no that is not obtainable in Nigeria now. I know the speed is in mbps and for Nigeria stahdard its pretty fast .I also have SPECTRANET that never gets past 7 mbps at peak hours. Most of the time it's stuck between 2-3 mbps. So 18mbps on MTN is pretty good .
Re: Airtel Is The Fastest. by Kingmanny88(m): 7:31am On Dec 05, 2015
INCREDIBLEGUY:
For me i normally usee etisalat chat pack which is 150 to download unlimited for a week
Good morning. Can you tell me how the Etisalat Chat Pak works, & how I can use it to download like you said? And, do I need tweaks for that to work?
Kindly reply........ Thanks.
Re: Airtel Is The Fastest. by paulworld(m): 3:48am On Dec 06, 2015
INCREDIBLEGUY:
bross your lie carry weight oh grin grin angry 5gbfor under one hour abeg suffry lie angry grin embarassed
3hrs night plan

Re: Airtel Is The Fastest. by unanonso(m): 8:15am On Dec 08, 2015
paulworld:
this is my usages from a 1hr plan

Pls Bros, I used this time base plan before but now when ever I tried to subscribe I'll be getting this " subscription, unsuccessful as you are currently on unlimited bundle" what could be the cause?
Re: Airtel Is The Fastest. by paulworld(m): 8:19am On Dec 08, 2015
unanonso:

Pls Bros, I used this time base plan before but now when ever I tried to subscribe I'll be getting this " subscription, unsuccessful as you are currently on unlimited bundle" what could be the cause?
That means you have activated that particular bundle earlier, you have to wait for the previous bundle to expire and it takes just 24hrs.
Re: Airtel Is The Fastest. by unanonso(m): 8:47am On Dec 08, 2015
paulworld:

That means you have activated that particular bundle earlier, you have to wait for the previous bundle to expire and it takes just 24hrs.

Thanks! You have saved me from some headache.
Re: Airtel Is The Fastest. by timbros(m): 12:51pm On Dec 08, 2015
kodded:
have you tried this airtel night pack before ?

Please what's the code for this night pack? Is it unlimited?
Re: Airtel Is The Fastest. by Chukky86: 2:00pm On Dec 08, 2015
Those are not the actual download speed rate. Anybody can get that. Some people are ao dumb. Show us your actual download speed when downloading a file from ucweb browser.
Re: Airtel Is The Fastest. by kodded(m): 12:20am On Dec 10, 2015
timbros:

Please what's the code for this night pack? Is it unlimited?
yes
Re: Airtel Is The Fastest. by timbros(m): 12:29am On Dec 10, 2015
kodded:
yes

Code?
Re: Airtel Is The Fastest. by kodded(m): 2:42am On Dec 10, 2015
timbros:

Code?
it is a legal data plan although new you can search it online

currently downloading with it self
Re: Airtel Is The Fastest. by NiRfreak(m): 4:58am On Dec 10, 2015
funkdr:
I'm not comparing MTN and airtel, the experience I have with MTN in my location is bad, even during call you have to come out of the house to get better network coverage. I envy your hood.
in which cave do you live.?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Glo Mobile Is Frustrating Me / Huawei P9 / Have Any One Play Android Games With Gamepad Here***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.