Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,171 members, 7,815,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

Airtel Is The Fastest. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Airtel Is The Fastest. (4159 Views)

The Fastest And Most Economical Network For Data / See The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World. / It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Airtel Is The Fastest. by funkdr(m): 6:36am On Dec 03, 2015
Have anyone noticed the speed on airtel lately?, download speed as high as 2mb/s.
Re: Airtel Is The Fastest. by kodded(m): 6:42am On Dec 03, 2015
funkdr:
Have anyone noticed the speed on airtel lately?, download speed as high as 2mb/s.
please where is your location ?
Re: Airtel Is The Fastest. by kodded(m): 7:43am On Dec 03, 2015
Oneckubnews:
Sure

Re: Airtel Is The Fastest. by xzibukz(m): 8:11am On Dec 03, 2015
True...
but make we no praise them too much ooo, make den head no come swell up
Re: Airtel Is The Fastest. by Youngpo413: 9:02am On Dec 03, 2015
Na Harmattan cause am

1 Like

Re: Airtel Is The Fastest. by Nobody: 9:17am On Dec 03, 2015
funkdr:

Lol. 2mb/s is fast? Lwkmd. My Mtn gives me 18mb/s on my galaxy s6 and its still asking for more.

Re: Airtel Is The Fastest. by funkdr(m): 9:44am On Dec 03, 2015
kodded:
owerri, IMO.

1 Like

Re: Airtel Is The Fastest. by bongolistik(m): 9:45am On Dec 03, 2015
greenhulk:

Lol. 2mb/s is fast? Lwkmd. My Mtn gives me 18mb/s on my galaxy s6 and its still asking for more.
u are u in 4g network area. He is talking about 3g, and 2mb/s is considerably fast

1 Like

Re: Airtel Is The Fastest. by funkdr(m): 9:46am On Dec 03, 2015
Youngpo413:
Na Harmattan cause am
no o, over a month now.
Re: Airtel Is The Fastest. by funkdr(m): 9:51am On Dec 03, 2015
before now airtel was the worst network in my area, 0.00-4.00kb/s.
Re: Airtel Is The Fastest. by Nobody: 10:03am On Dec 03, 2015
bongolistik:
u are u in 4g network area. He is talking about 3g, and 2mb/s is considerably fast

Op didn't say anything about 3g or 4g. Moreover on my former phone without 4g capability, I still get up to 8mb/s on my Mtn. Look I know Mtn have issues right now, but no denying they have the fastest internet together with etisalat. Airtel dey learn.

1 Like

Re: Airtel Is The Fastest. by funkdr(m): 10:10am On Dec 03, 2015
greenhulk:

Op didn't say anything about 3g or 4g. Moreover on my former phone without 4g capability, I still get up to 8mb/s on my Mtn. Look I know Mtn have issues right now, but no denying they have the fastest internet together with etisalat. Airtel dey learn.
that's in your location, in mine, MTN is the worst of them all. Etisalat was my favorite until this surprise from airtel lately.
Re: Airtel Is The Fastest. by Nobody: 10:25am On Dec 03, 2015
funkdr:
that's in your location, in mine, MTN is the worst of them all. Etisalat was my favorite until this surprise from airtel lately.

Well that's OK if u think 2mb/s is fast enough. At least at peak locations Mtn can go as fast as 25mb/s which I don't think airtel can even get half that at its peak locations.
Re: Airtel Is The Fastest. by kodded(m): 10:46am On Dec 03, 2015
funkdr:
owerri, IMO.
have you tried this airtel night pack before ?
Re: Airtel Is The Fastest. by funkdr(m): 11:09am On Dec 03, 2015
kodded:
have you tried this airtel night pack before ?
never heard of it, but I use their weekend plans or the daily time base plan.
Re: Airtel Is The Fastest. by BrianRoss: 11:16am On Dec 03, 2015
location matters
Re: Airtel Is The Fastest. by funkdr(m): 11:17am On Dec 03, 2015
greenhulk:

Well that's OK if u think 2mb/s is fast enough. At least at peak locations Mtn can go as fast as 25mb/s which I don't think airtel can even get half that at its peak locations.
I'm not comparing MTN and airtel, the experience I have with MTN in my location is bad, even during call you have to come out of the house to get better network coverage. I envy your hood.
Re: Airtel Is The Fastest. by suredata247: 11:17am On Dec 03, 2015
ok
Re: Airtel Is The Fastest. by Warlord3000(m): 11:56am On Dec 03, 2015
Funny undecided
Re: Airtel Is The Fastest. by kodded(m): 12:21pm On Dec 03, 2015
funkdr:
never heard of it, but I use their weekend plans or the daily time base plan.
you will browse unlimited from 12 am to 6 am (when the internet speed is very fast) for just N500 or N300

please explain that time base plan for me ;
if I load N300 and I subscribe to the 1 hour unlimited plan . if I exceed the time limit. will it auto renew immediately with the remaining N150 or will they charge me for browsing with the N150 ?
Re: Airtel Is The Fastest. by paulworld(m): 1:21pm On Dec 03, 2015
greenhulk:

Bros your Internet speed meter reads at Mbps not MB/S. If you convert your 18mbps it will give you roughly 18/8=2.25MB/S
which is approximately 2mb/s

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Airtel Is The Fastest. by paulworld(m): 1:24pm On Dec 03, 2015
kodded:
you will browse unlimited from 12 am to 6 am (when the internet speed is very fast) for just N500 or N300

if I load N300 and I subscribe to the 1 hour unlimited plan . if I exceed the time limit. will it auto renew immediately with the remaining N150 or will they charge me for browsing with the N150 ?
Once it reaches 1hr it will stop connecting, and your remaining money will be just save
Re: Airtel Is The Fastest. by paulworld(m): 1:26pm On Dec 03, 2015
kodded:

this is my usages from a 1hr plan

Re: Airtel Is The Fastest. by Nobody: 1:38pm On Dec 03, 2015
paulworld:

Bros your Internet speed meter reads at Mbps not MB/S. If you convert your 18mbps it will give you roughly 18/8=2.25MB/S
which is approximately 2mb/s

Yes, internet speed are measured in mbps (megabit per second). I believe op was also talking about megabit per second which is what speed tests app show u. When I said I get 18mbps on my Mtn it doesn't mean I download 18mb of file in 1 second. Internet speed meter doesn't alwast read in megabyte per second. 18mbps is very fast, at least for Nigeria since we don't have true LTE yet.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Airtel Is The Fastest. by ThisMeansWAR: 2:00pm On Dec 03, 2015
etisalat still the best for me

38mbps and counting grin
Re: Airtel Is The Fastest. by kodded(m): 2:54pm On Dec 03, 2015
paulworld:
5 gb for just an hour during the day time shocked

I wonder how the speed will look like at night for 5 hours
I guess I might download more than 100 gb then
Re: Airtel Is The Fastest. by INCREDIBLEGUY: 3:50pm On Dec 03, 2015
paulworld:
bross your lie carry weight oh grin grin angry 5gbfor under one hour abeg suffry lie angry grin embarassed
Re: Airtel Is The Fastest. by INCREDIBLEGUY: 3:51pm On Dec 03, 2015
For me i normally usee etisalat chat pack which is 150 to download unlimited for a week
Re: Airtel Is The Fastest. by INCREDIBLEGUY: 3:52pm On Dec 03, 2015

Re: Airtel Is The Fastest. by dragnet: 4:03pm On Dec 03, 2015
greenhulk:

those are merely packet tests, not actual download speeds. anybody can get those.
download files & check, if your speed match those, then they're real.
Re: Airtel Is The Fastest. by hilaryitobore(m): 4:07pm On Dec 03, 2015
Airtel is freaking slow.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Five Reasons Why I Love The New Itel S31 / NIMC Issues Out Fresh Instructions For Those Who Don’t Have NIN / Kool Wap Sites.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.