Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,485 members, 7,826,835 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

#notobiafra. Igbos Come And Support - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #notobiafra. Igbos Come And Support (7378 Views)

For Those Who Don't Appreciate Where Igbos Come From - Urhobo Woman / Inconclusive Elections – A New Concept We Must Embrace And Support (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #notobiafra. Igbos Come And Support by shachris02: 9:04am On Dec 03, 2015
zendy:

What rules? In civilised countries, no matter how out of hand a protest goes, the Police never open fire on people. In civilised countries, the Police use rubber bullets,tear gas, water repellant and other crowd control devices to disperse people. No one loses their life. But in Nigeria, your security agents rain down bullets on unarmed protesters. You people have no shame for defending the terrorist methods of your Government

quick question. Were you warned? YES OR NO?

What might be civilized in the US might be be Civilized in Egypt or even North Korea.
Re: #notobiafra. Igbos Come And Support by pazienza(m): 9:04am On Dec 03, 2015
Biafra is dead on arrival,for no sovereign nation gives up any part of its territory just like that.

Yet the colonial contraption gave away Bakassi without any fight on the account of her colonial owner Britain pact with France.

Btw, Nigeria is not a nation and will never be one.

3 Likes

Re: #notobiafra. Igbos Come And Support by zendy: 9:05am On Dec 03, 2015
kachnov:

Of course when you charge at a fully armed military man without regard for his status as a military man,he is obliged to subdue any threat ,even it means using lethal force.

That reasoning is exactly why Nigeria can never reach the level of other civilised countries
Re: #notobiafra. Igbos Come And Support by KingsleyTMTTM(m): 9:05am On Dec 03, 2015
JeffreyJamez:

Are your people in chains?.... do they own properties or not?..
Do they move about freely or not?... do they make money or not?...... you people scream "freedom, freedom " upandan, who chain una?...you scream marginalization, what should the minority tribes of Nigeria do then?.....una never talk wetin una dey find.. mchew.
ask them ooh, as if they are Hausa that are shoe maker, i still don't see how we ibos are under bondage... na we dey spend pass, na we dey flex pass, na we dey import pass, na we dey do business pass, na we carry nollywood for head.. how are we now being marginalize.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: #notobiafra. Igbos Come And Support by tonychristopher: 9:05am On Dec 03, 2015
I will start this write up with a quote so dear to me.... Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves. ~Abraham Lincoln...

For those of you saying that self rule is stupidity, I laugh at them, maybe we have to say that the Jews were silly when they wanted their country, maybe we can confidently say that the Catalonians are silly for wanting their own state from Spain, maybe we can say the Kurds are silly for wanting their own state from turkey, maybe we can say that the Irish were silly for having Ireland...maybe we can say that Singapore where silly for wanting out of Malaysian confederation, maybe Qatar were silly for stepping out of Oman, maybe we can say that Quebec region is silly for wanting out of Canada.

The ability to have freedom is important and there is no stupidity in it, to me what is silly is taking it violent. But I have come to realise that the Blackman has refused to evolve, his evolution stopped at the HOMO ERECTUS stage where as other races has evolved to HOMO SAPIENS and SAPIENS SAPIENS stage. What is wrong in calling the aggrieved party as it was done in UK, and as it is done in SPAIN ...let there be referendum and dialogue, but the average Blackman with his black mind and negroid mentality will draft army to go and shoot protest.

We do not have capacity to invent anything meaningful apart from wickedness and witchcraft, but why can’t us at lease copy what the whites have invented and one of them is rubber bullets and tranquilizers. We can at least use rubber bullet to disperse these people, and then call for a truce and round table discussion. But the issue is that Blackman has refused to think and evolve. that is why we are in this mess today. A country created by the whites (Race) and some people are saying that there are some lacuna and fractures in this country..We want out but we can still be friends, To me I do not see why people should call this silly

To me, I abhore anything violent and I believe in the power of dialogue. I condemn the killings in totality be it on the part of the protest and more especially on the part of the Army. I am an Igbo man but I have to see logicality in things. I do not know why people should get terrified and petrified at the mere mention of Biafra or IPOB. The global community is watching, information is at a finger tip and more especially we the African must and have to show the world that we are matured and can handle our affairs maturely. We must show the world that everything is not violent and killing. If you have been to WEST you will understand the notion of BLACKS, the Blackman is seen as not been able to think, not been able to use methodology to sort his problem out, and not been able to use dialogue to solve issues but resorts to violence. This can be seen from the hoods of Campton to Brooklyn to philly. The poorest countries in WESTERN HEMISHPERE are countries governed by blacks such as Haiti et al.

Biafra can be possible, Biafra possibility and viability doesn’t stop Biafra relationship with Nigeria. The way Nepal hasn’t stopped cordial relationship with India nor Hong Kong stopping relationship with Mainland China. I just keep asking why can’t we African think, must we be violent. There can be Biafra and other countries but in a confederation form, something we have in United Kingdom.
A brief lecture on confederation

A confederation (also known as confederacy or league) is a union of political units for common action in relation to other units.[1] Usually created by treaty but often later adopting a common constitution, confederations tend to be established for dealing with critical issues (such as defense, foreign affairs, or a common currency), with the central government being required to provide support for all members.
The nature of the relationship among the states constituting a confederation varies considerably. Likewise, the relationship between the member states, the central government, and the distribution of powers among them is highly variable. Some looser confederations are similar to intergovernmental organizations and even may permit secession from the confederation. Other confederations with stricter rules may resemble federations. A unitary state or federation may decentralize powers to regional or local entities in a confederal form.
In Canada, the word confederation has an additional, unrelated meaning.[2] "Confederation" refers to the process of (or the event of) establishing or joining the Canadian federal state.

In the context of the history of the indigenous peoples of the Americas, a confederacy may refer to a semi-permanent political and military alliance consisting of multiple nations (or "tribes", "bands", or "villages" which maintained their separate leadership.
On a closing remark, the Blackman must evolve and the blackman must show the world that we can handle our affairs. Putting Nnamdi Kanu in jail isn’t dialogue not maturity but I see it as intimidation and mind you might isn’t right in anyway. Using live bullet on civilians protesting either violently or non violently, to me I see it as barbaric and stupidity. The earlier we open up for dialogue and engagement the better for us. We Africans must stop been laughed at.

History does not teach fatalism. There are moments when the will of a handful of free men breaks through determinism and opens up new roads.
~Charles de Gaulle

Liberty is the possibility of doubting, of making a mistake,... of searching and experimenting,... of saying No to any authority — literary, artistic, philosophical, religious, social, and even political.
~Ignazio Silone, The God That Failed, 1950

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #notobiafra. Igbos Come And Support by Xtopherprince(m): 9:08am On Dec 03, 2015
shachris02:

You are ignorant, aint you? Millions of peace loving igbos do not support this movement. That we have just a few bad eggs making all the noises doesn't mean we are all in support. Your movement is DOD. No one wants a war in igboland. Not after 1966. No sane man brings war to his land. Use your head.

Do you reside in the houses of these millions of peace loving Igbos? Have you had a family discussion with them? I tell you, even those that do not protest are silently praying that BIAFRA becomes a reality.......and they constitute the Millions of peace loving igbos.

1 Like

Re: #notobiafra. Igbos Come And Support by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:10am On Dec 03, 2015
KingsleyTMTTM:
ask them ooh, as if they are Hausa that are shoe maker, i still don't see how we ibos are under bondage... na we dey spend pass, na we dey flex pass, na we dey import pass, na we dey do business pass, na we carry nollywood for head.. how are we now being marginalize.

Hahahaha ask them.....them dey find oil money......we wey get the oil sef never see am finish lol

1 Like

Re: #notobiafra. Igbos Come And Support by demielvis: 9:10am On Dec 03, 2015
shachris02:

if you follow the laid down rules, no one would fire at you.
What rules are you talking about?

Right from the first rally to inform the public about Biafra on august 30th the police shot and even killed them.

Mind you it was on a sunday and they did not block the road or close their shops,but the police still shot at them.

Just a rally not a protest.
They've gone a long way to stop bruv...
Re: #notobiafra. Igbos Come And Support by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:11am On Dec 03, 2015
Xtopherprince:

Do you reside in the houses of this millions of peace loving Igbos? Have you had a family discussion with them? I tell you, even those that do not protest are silently praying that BIAFRA becomes a reality.......and they constitute the Millions of peace loving igbos.

Because you reside in their minds too ba... undecided

1 Like

Re: #notobiafra. Igbos Come And Support by kachnov(m): 9:13am On Dec 03, 2015
Hizzy:
ok but you know the results
Till then.
Re: #notobiafra. Igbos Come And Support by shachris02: 9:13am On Dec 03, 2015
Xtopherprince:

Do you reside in the houses of this millions of peace loving Igbos? Have you had a family discussion with them? I tell you, even those that do not protest are silently praying that BIAFRA becomes a reality.......and they constitute the Millions of peace loving igbos.

Even those that are protesting know that what they are doing is wrong. Most of them have not really given this biafran thing a thouhgh....just caught in the moment and the wise igbos be like 'yes biafra' while the touts go on to get injured. To the average igboman, if biafra comes, fines, if it doesn't, fine. We all know that it wouldn't change anything.
Re: #notobiafra. Igbos Come And Support by TruthisGOD: 9:15am On Dec 03, 2015
shachris02:

you are a miscreant when you start destroying properties of law abiding citizens and stand causing nuisance to innocent bystanders. We all have our right of association. Don't force every igboman into your IPOB trash.
You have so belittled yourself with anti biafra posts that no body takes you serious again
Re: #notobiafra. Igbos Come And Support by tscara(m): 9:17am On Dec 03, 2015
KingsleyTMTTM:

That's why I call them miscreants because they are not reasoning. What happens to everything that igbos have labored for in Nigeria all these years? They should just forget them and join an unstructured, undefined and unreasonable struggle? These ,miscreants want to take igbos back a 100 years and we have to speak out and stop that from happening.

1 Like

Re: #notobiafra. Igbos Come And Support by shachris02: 9:17am On Dec 03, 2015
TruthisGOD:
You have so belittled yourself with anti biafra posts that no body takes you serious again

and you have so belittle your self with you biafran rants, you this zombie. cheesy

1 Like

Re: #notobiafra. Igbos Come And Support by Xtopherprince(m): 9:19am On Dec 03, 2015
JeffreyJamez:

Because you reside in their minds too ba... undecided

No sir, but because i belong to that category and have met many more of such people.
Re: #notobiafra. Igbos Come And Support by LadyExcellency: 9:21am On Dec 03, 2015
shachris02:

you can't dissociate IPOB from violence. You can't support IPOB and not support violence. The very message that gave birth to IPOB is all enmeshed in violence. Take a listen to radio biafra you'd understand. I would always respect the Bilie rights movement. That's the way reasonable people act.

#igbonotbiafran #saynotobiafra #saynotoIPOB

Stop being mischievous,

Tell me a protest of this magnitude in the whole world that is more civilized than IPOB.

Is it blacks in USA?
Refugees in Europe?
Asylum seekers?
Palestinians in Israel?
Catalonians in Spain?
Even Scottish before the referendum?

Tell me more and stop being a disgrace to your kinsmen.

The Biafra agitators are the most civilized group in the world even amidst unwarranted provocation by evil minded security agents playing a written script?

Answer my question, tell me which secessionist group or political party in the world more organized than IPOB when targeted by law enforcement agencies in the whole wide world?

Cc Afam4eva
Re: #notobiafra. Igbos Come And Support by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:22am On Dec 03, 2015
Xtopherprince:

No sir, but because i belong to that category and have met many more of such people.

..and he belongs to his own category and have met many people of such too.....you can't come to Alaba and tell an Ibo man there about Biafra.... or go to the ones in Abj who collect government contracts and tell them about biafra..... they'll just laugh at you...and trust me,when the time comes these are the set of ibos that will fight against it with their resources...
Re: #notobiafra. Igbos Come And Support by ghostmist: 9:23am On Dec 03, 2015
Chiwude:
The struggle for Biafra is a legitimate right, but when done without recourse to conflict.
IPOB is obviously populated by youths without tact and brain. And if these are the youths that would lead us into the utopian Biafra then we've a problem. You always want things to be done Nnamdi Kanu's style. A style of all talks without strategy and diplomacy.
It's obvious that these folks are bereft of concrete ideas on how to go about this struggle. Many of them plan to draw us into an unprepared conflict with the Federal Government. While others just want to be heard. Unknownwingly, many don't know that they are playing into the hands of foreseen enemies who have always wish harm on us and we know who these vermins are.
It's high time IPOB separate themselves from the selfish tactics of Nnamdi Kanu and embrace a full non-aggressive struggle devoid of conflict. Because a conflicts of any disguise wont favour our people. The likes of Rochas and Ohaneze knows this and no true Igbo son would allow bloodshed flow in his homeland, not to talk our people in the north.
I think it's time people with brains start owning this struggle. Uchenna Madu from the look of things is diplomatic and a true representation of a non-violent protest. He is the epitome of the true ideals of MASSOB. The dude understand the dynamics of Nigeria better than Kanu and his brain dead deputy Uche Mefor. We cannot afford to lose thousands of lives because of an Nnamdi Kanu who deliberately allowed himself to be cornered by the DSS.
The South-East has a genuine demand, even if the federal government seem to be unruffled to call for a round table discussion. Yet, sticking to this primary objective is very important.
Let all true nwafor join hands and preach the message. #No to Violence, Yes to a Referendum#.
A tactics that has popularized the struggle is far from being selfish...arming those guys would be the easiest thing in this world; but of course, they've eschewed violence. The only violence i see is the federal forces shooting at unarmed protesters...are you proposing that the struggle be left in the hands of Rochas and ohaneze to prosecute?
Re: #notobiafra. Igbos Come And Support by shachris02: 9:25am On Dec 03, 2015
LadyExcellency:

Stop being stu.pid,

Tell me a protest of this magnitude in the whole world that is more civilized than IPOB.

Is it blacks in USA?
Refugees in Europe?
Asylum seekers?
Palestinians in Israel?

Tell me more and stop being a disgrace to your kinsmen.

The Biafra agitators are the most civilized group in the world even amidst unwarranted provocation by evil minded security agents playing a written script?

Answer my question, tell me which secessionist group or political party in the world more organized than IPOB when targeted by law enforcement agencies in the whole wide world?

stop being a zombie. I've not heard nor seen the scots burn down properties during protests....i've not seen catalonians do so. So you know equate yourself with refugees in Europe? cheesy Interesting. What this biafran virus can do to peoples mind.
Re: #notobiafra. Igbos Come And Support by vizboy(m): 9:33am On Dec 03, 2015
We say #notobiafra

This touts shouting Biafra shouldnt take us back to 100 years.

The Nigeria State has Nothing to loose but the igbos have everything to loose.

Don't start another bookharam in Igbo land

Don't destroy the little we have been able to build.

#Notobiafra

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #notobiafra. Igbos Come And Support by LadyExcellency: 9:34am On Dec 03, 2015
shachris02:

stop being a zombie. I've not heard nor seen the scots burn down properties during protests....i've not seen catalonians do so. So you know equate yourself with refugees in Europe? cheesy Interesting. What this biafran virus can do to peoples mind.

You are evil, kill a catalonian or a scot protesting and see the outcome.

You support security agencies to provoke a peaceful procession to justify you foolish mindset.

What do you know about action and reaction?

What did they burn in Abuja when they where not accosted?

You are a total failure upstairs for thinking that you can beat a child without a cause and still reserve the right to mandate him/her not to cry.

2 Likes

Re: #notobiafra. Igbos Come And Support by shachris02: 9:38am On Dec 03, 2015
LadyExcellency:

You are evil, kill a catalonian or a scot protesting and see the outcome.

You support security agencies to provoke a peaceful procession to justify you foolish mindset.

What do you know about action and reaction?

What did they burn in Abuja when they where not accosted?

You are a total failure upstairs for thinking that you can beat a child without a cause and still reserve the right to mandate him/her not to cry.

it's only a foolish child that would be warned by his parents and he defiles the warning without know that there would be consequences. Is your protest legitimate? How can you come to abuja and protest without clearance. is that how a civilized city or nation is run?

Bugger off, zombie.
Re: #notobiafra. Igbos Come And Support by monlawal(m): 9:38am On Dec 03, 2015
Most of those Biafran protesters are jobless. The educated ones are silently doing well. I see no reason why someone would leave his business for a whole day just to be on the streets for a cause he knows would not see the light of the day.

2 Likes

Re: #notobiafra. Igbos Come And Support by Ferdinandu(m): 9:43am On Dec 03, 2015
Some of these guys supporting IPOB should go to Borno and some of the IDPs camp and after that you can come and continue your protest. One miscreant said he will give you a new country without any structure of how it is going to be more viable than the one you are in and you are sheepishly following him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: #notobiafra. Igbos Come And Support by LadyExcellency: 9:46am On Dec 03, 2015
shachris02:

it's only a foolish child that would be warned by his parents and he defiles the warning without know that there would be consequences. Is your protest legitimate? How can you come to abuja and protest without clearance. is that how a civilized city or nation is run?

Bugger off, zombie.

A coward dies many times before the actual demise.

Swimming against the tide requires determination be it life or death.

Freedom is worth any price.

You are already a failure hence want to subject Freedom fighters to your level of cowardice. Certainly, you will continue to live with failures while the brave succeeds.
Re: #notobiafra. Igbos Come And Support by tonychristopher: 9:48am On Dec 03, 2015
shachris02:

Even those that are protesting know that what they are doing is wrong. Most of them have not really given this biafran thing a thouhgh....just caught in the moment and the wise igbos be like 'yes biafra' while the touts go on to get injured. To the average igboman, if biafra comes, fines, if it doesn't, fine. We all know that it wouldn't change anything.

what is wrong in protest, what is wrong wantinmg to stay on your own, what is wrong trying to rule and manage your destiny....if to you it is wrong, to me I see it as noble

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Go To Tribunal, Stop Unnecessary Protest, Group Tells Ize- Iyamu / Benue Killings: President Buhari Meets With Senate Leaders In Aso Villa / FG Implements 140 Reforms On Ease Of Doing Business – Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.