Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

Will You Let Your Wife You Intend To Marry To Be A Full Time House Wife? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Will You Let Your Wife You Intend To Marry To Be A Full Time House Wife? (2769 Views)

'If You Love Your Mother More Than Your Wife, You Made Your Wife Side Chick' / Best Way To Show Your Wife You Are Not Happy With Her / 'Career' Wife Or Full-time House Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will You Let Your Wife You Intend To Marry To Be A Full Time House Wife? by Ginaz(f): 12:33pm On Dec 03, 2015
I'm seriously thinking about my future as a wife and mother (no ring yet) tongue I would like to be a full time house wife till when my kids are up to 10years then I can do something.

Just last week, I and my friend are talking about housewife stuff and she outrightly insulted me saying I'm a foolish girl for thinking about it. embarassed
My aunt's a full time house wife, she joins her husband occasionally to assist him in his business and her home is the best ever. Children are well taken care of emotionally and everything. My boyfriend's mother was a full time house wife till the children turned 15 before she stared working, her children turned out responsible and focus.

Now, I've seen the examples and I wanna take this step, what do you think guys? Is it advisable to be a housewife or would you allow your wife to be a full time housewife? Ladies will you consider it? If yea or no, give reasons sad . Sorry my post its lengthy lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Will You Let Your Wife You Intend To Marry To Be A Full Time House Wife? by Nobody: 12:43pm On Dec 03, 2015
In these generation,where everything are so expensive I think being a full time housewife is not a good idea unless u are rich enough to support urself financially...remember,we women shud not only depends everything on our better half..still it's better if u can run something that could help and save for ur future children...

4 Likes

Re: Will You Let Your Wife You Intend To Marry To Be A Full Time House Wife? by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 12:47pm On Dec 03, 2015
And let her degree rot under the bed? No no.
Our women are too educated and intelligent to be a full time house wife.

3 Likes

Re: Will You Let Your Wife You Intend To Marry To Be A Full Time House Wife? by Nobody: 12:48pm On Dec 03, 2015
Its not just about the man its about what the woman wants for herself as well that a woman is a house wife does not necessarily mean the right emotional care is being given to the children.

2 Likes

Re: Will You Let Your Wife You Intend To Marry To Be A Full Time House Wife? by thorpido(m): 12:50pm On Dec 03, 2015
KashyBaby:
In these generation,where everything are so expensive I think being a full time housewife is not a good idea unless u are rich enough to support urself financially...remember,we women shud not only depends everything on our better half..still it's better if u can run something that could help and save for ur future children...
I was going to say this.
Op,your idea is good for the sake of the kids but times have changed and people have also changed.It could work but you might experience a lot of struggles.

2 Likes

Re: Will You Let Your Wife You Intend To Marry To Be A Full Time House Wife? by Eketem: 12:55pm On Dec 03, 2015
What do you want?
Goals, dreams and aspirations?

Define that and meet a man who shares your goals and aspirations. It's not about what a man wants but what works for you both.
There is no crime in taking time off to raise your kids no one can raise your kids better than you however you need to plan with your spouse realistically on financing and have a realistic household budget to support that

4 Likes

Re: Will You Let Your Wife You Intend To Marry To Be A Full Time House Wife? by PresVA: 2:06pm On Dec 03, 2015
So in your own judgement now, you must be a full time housewife for your kids to turn out good? So all working women have ill mannered kids? undecided

My mom worked but we turned out fine..... it's all up to the spouses to know how to handle their home effectively. ..if you don't know how to raise kids, staying at home 24 hours a day will change nothing!

For me, I desire to work.. have to add value to myself. .and that doesn't mean I will neglect my family. ...just have to find some kinda balance. ....

To each his own.. may God guide us right. ...

4 Likes

Re: Will You Let Your Wife You Intend To Marry To Be A Full Time House Wife? by itstpia8: 2:48pm On Dec 03, 2015
Ginaz:
I'm seriously thinking about my future as a wife and mother (no ring yet) tongue I would like to be a full time house wife till when my kids are up to 10years then I can do something.

Just last week, I and my friend are talking about housewife stuff and she outrightly insulted me saying I'm a foolish girl for thinking about it. embarassed
My aunt's a full time house wife, she joins her husband occasionally to assist him in his business and her home is the best ever. Children are well taken care of emotionally and everything. My boyfriend's mother was a full time house wife till the children turned 15 before she stared working, her children turned out responsible and focus.

Now, I've seen the examples and I wanna take this step, what do you think guys? Is it advisable to be a housewife or would you allow your wife to be a full time housewife? Ladies will you consider it? If yea or no, give reasons sad . Sorry my post its lengthy lipsrsealed

you seem to be a full time observer aka full time monitor.
Re: Will You Let Your Wife You Intend To Marry To Be A Full Time House Wife? by Baddo101(m): 3:05pm On Dec 03, 2015
For me it depends on if she will be able to cope with child bearing and also working. If i obseve she wount be able to cope then i will rather prefer her a full house wife so she wont kill herself before her time.
Re: Will You Let Your Wife You Intend To Marry To Be A Full Time House Wife? by Ginaz(f): 3:24pm On Dec 03, 2015
PresVA:
So in your own judgement now, you must be a full time housewife for your kids to turn out good? So all working women have ill mannered kids? undecided

My mom worked but we turned out fine..... it's all up to the spouses to know how to handle their home effectively. ..if you don't know how to raise kids, staying at home 24 hours a day will change nothing!

For me, I desire to work.. have to add value to myself. .and that doesn't mean I will neglect my family. ...

To each his own.. may God guide us right. ...

I didn't say such, what I implied was that it worked for both of them very much. I didn't said otherwise.
Re: Will You Let Your Wife You Intend To Marry To Be A Full Time House Wife? by Ginaz(f): 3:25pm On Dec 03, 2015
Baddo101:
For me it depends on if she will be able to cope with child bearing and also working. If i obseve she wount be able to cope then i will rather prefer her a full house wife so she wont kill herself before her time.

Its not easy working and having kids the same time. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Will You Let Your Wife You Intend To Marry To Be A Full Time House Wife? by YourCoffin: 3:43pm On Dec 03, 2015
As long as you don't come here to whine about your husband not helping out in house chores, you're good to go
Re: Will You Let Your Wife You Intend To Marry To Be A Full Time House Wife? by itstpia8: 3:45pm On Dec 03, 2015
Ginaz:

are you doing that?

I'm just wondering how/why other people's lives concern you this much.

are you married at all?

1 Like

Re: Will You Let Your Wife You Intend To Marry To Be A Full Time House Wife? by itstpia8: 3:46pm On Dec 03, 2015
Ginaz:

I didn't say such, what I implied was that it worked for both of them very much. I didn't said otherwise.

find other things to do with your time besides gossiping.
Re: Will You Let Your Wife You Intend To Marry To Be A Full Time House Wife? by raumdeuter: 4:26pm On Dec 03, 2015
Ginaz:

90% of married women in Nigeria work and have kids. How are they doing it? Who told you anything is easy in life?

So you have figured out the easy thing is to stay at home for 10yrs?
Re: Will You Let Your Wife You Intend To Marry To Be A Full Time House Wife? by Baddo101(m): 5:48pm On Dec 03, 2015
Ginaz:

Thats what im saying. But some women can be an iron lady who can withstand it smiley
Re: Will You Let Your Wife You Intend To Marry To Be A Full Time House Wife? by Richy4(m): 5:53pm On Dec 03, 2015
There are no room for lazy wife in my house. You have to work. what if something happen to me as a breadwinner tomorrow.

where will you start from? will you be crying everyday remembering me? no dear you have to work. I have to empower you. and make you a super strong woman you are.......

Even if it's a super market, I will open it for you to be busy dear. Not watching DSTV day in day out......

As for our kids, we will arrange a helper sweetie. It will be ok but you must work dear cool

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will You Let Your Wife You Intend To Marry To Be A Full Time House Wife? by Chubhie: 6:58pm On Dec 03, 2015
Growing up I had an amazing childhood but my oldman was too busy chasing papers so missed out.

I made a decision to never miss out on my own kids childhood. I made a concious decision to go into stuffs that gives me flexibility and freedom to spend my time with those that means the world to me---Family.

In todays age, ideas rule the game. Partnerships works cool for me.

You can adjust your life style and work from home so you can raise an aryan race.
Re: Will You Let Your Wife You Intend To Marry To Be A Full Time House Wife? by Aude(f): 7:12pm On Dec 03, 2015
Chubhie:
Growing up I had an amazing childhood but my oldman was too busy chasing papers so missed out.

I made a decision to never miss out on my own kids childhood. I made a concious decision to go into stuffs that gives me flexibility and freedom to spend my time with those that means the world to me---Family.

You can adjust your life style and work from home so you can raise an aryan race.

Have you looked up the definition of Aryan race? It is different from what you probably think it is. This is a term that premeditated the holocaust. It is what Hitler used to justify the killing of Jews.

1 Like

Re: Will You Let Your Wife You Intend To Marry To Be A Full Time House Wife? by Chubhie: 7:20pm On Dec 03, 2015
Aude:

Have you looked up the definition of Aryan race? It is different from what you probably think it is. This is a term that premeditated the holocaust. It is what Hitler used to justify the killing of Jews.
A militant to another is a freedom fighter to someone.

Creating a perfect race was strictly nationalistic. For Hittler, it was personal and for national interests.

You can adopt the postive aspects of the idea and create a perfect family that everyone can envy but no jews will die for you to achieve that. Not even umu nnadi.
Re: Will You Let Your Wife You Intend To Marry To Be A Full Time House Wife? by Ginaz(f): 8:12pm On Dec 03, 2015
itstpia8:

find other things to do with your time besides gossiping.

I dont have time for that your running mouth, I dont gossip like you. We were talking about something interesting OK? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Will You Let Your Wife You Intend To Marry To Be A Full Time House Wife? by Ginaz(f): 8:15pm On Dec 03, 2015
Chubhie:

Yea, we shouldn't miss out on our kids childhood
Re: Will You Let Your Wife You Intend To Marry To Be A Full Time House Wife? by Pidggin(f): 8:27pm On Dec 03, 2015
I can't stay at home, even if I marry a rich man, I will still work.

1 Like

Re: Will You Let Your Wife You Intend To Marry To Be A Full Time House Wife? by armyofone(m): 8:52pm On Dec 03, 2015
grin if you marry at 30, and waited for your kids to be 10 before working, then you are on your own. Look for jobs with flexibility and juggle both tasks.

Ginaz:

1 Like

Re: Will You Let Your Wife You Intend To Marry To Be A Full Time House Wife? by Aude(f): 9:04pm On Dec 03, 2015
Chubhie:
A militant to another is a freedom fighter to someone.

Creating a perfect race was strictly nationalistic. For Hittler, it was personal and for national interests.

You can adopt the postive aspects of the idea and create a perfect family that everyone can envy but no jews will die for you to achieve that. Not even umu nnadi.

I do not see how that can relate to you unless you are purely white and your partner is too.
According to Wikipedia:

"The Aryan race was a racial grouping commonly used in the period of the late 19th century to the mid 20th century to describe peoples of European and Western Asian heritage. It derives from the idea that the original speakers of the Indo-European languages and their descendants up to the present day constitute a distinctive race or subrace of the putative Caucasian race.[1]

While originally meant simply as a neutral ethno-linguistic classification, from the late 19th century onwards the concept of the Aryan race has been used as a form of Scientific racism, a pseudoscience used by proponents of ideologically-motivated racism and supremacism such as in doctrines of Nazism and neo-Nazism. Aryanism developed as a racial ideology that claimed that the Aryan race was a master race."

1 Like

Re: Will You Let Your Wife You Intend To Marry To Be A Full Time House Wife? by soonest(f): 9:10pm On Dec 03, 2015
Nigerians can be hypocritical. When the woman works and hires a nanny and the nanny does something bad to the kids, you will hear people pouring all manner of insults on the woman, how she's a career woman and has left her children to be trained by a nanny.
Op, each to her own. If that's your preference is okay but find a man that shares such preference. But i must say that earning a little cash for a woman is always good. It gives you your dignity

3 Likes

Re: Will You Let Your Wife You Intend To Marry To Be A Full Time House Wife? by Ginaz(f): 9:13pm On Dec 03, 2015
armyofone:
grin if you marry at 30, and waited for your kids to be 10 before working, then you are on your own. Look for jobs with flexibility and juggle both tasks.

grin
Re: Will You Let Your Wife You Intend To Marry To Be A Full Time House Wife? by Ginaz(f): 9:15pm On Dec 03, 2015
soonest:
Nigerians can be hypocritical. When the woman works and hires a nanny and the nanny does something bad to the kids, you will hear people pouring all manner of insults on the woman, how she's a career woman and has left her children to be trained by a nanny.
Op, each to her own. If that's your preference is okay but find a man that shares such preference. But i must say that earning a little cash for a woman is always good. It's gives you your dignity

Yea dear, not like I'm gonna just sit at home. I have skills, i plan to be a fashion designer by God's grace soonest.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Will You Let Your Wife You Intend To Marry To Be A Full Time House Wife? by Chubhie: 10:47pm On Dec 03, 2015
Aude:

I do not see how that can relate to you unless you are purely white and your partner is too.
According to Wikipedia:

"The Aryan race was a racial grouping commonly used in the period of the late 19th century to the mid 20th century to describe peoples of European and Western Asian heritage. It derives from the idea that the original speakers of the Indo-European languages and their descendants up to the present day constitute a distinctive race or subrace of the putative Caucasian race.[1]

While originally meant simply as a neutral ethno-linguistic classification, from the late 19th century onwards the concept of the Aryan race has been used as a form of Scientific racism, a pseudoscience used by proponents of ideologically-motivated racism and supremacism such as in doctrines of Nazism and neo-Nazism. Aryanism developed as a racial ideology that claimed that the Aryan race was a master race."
You failed to grasp the metaphor and interpreted it literally. I don't know how I can communicate my thoughts more without complicating it further. I will have to agree you with you dear Aude.

1 Like

Re: Will You Let Your Wife You Intend To Marry To Be A Full Time House Wife? by Nobody: 9:33am On Dec 04, 2015
My dear your decision is one of the best. My mother didnt us with maids and nannies and i dnt plan raising my kids with nannies either. The truth is you dnt have to be a full house wife, you can at least have a job that is less demanding. Your own job
Re: Will You Let Your Wife You Intend To Marry To Be A Full Time House Wife? by dmcdad: 10:24am On Dec 04, 2015
andromida:
Its not just about the man its about what the woman wants for herself as well that a woman is a house wife does not necessarily mean the right emotional care is being given to the children.
You too this right off my mouth.
Re: Will You Let Your Wife You Intend To Marry To Be A Full Time House Wife? by chika1996: 11:24am On Dec 04, 2015
Ginaz:

so u want to ask ur hubby for 20# anytym u needs it?

(1) (2) (Reply)

When Your Husband insist On Pounded Yam / Please Help. The Yams I Bought Very Expensive. They Are Now Rotting Away / My Sad Experience With A Shady Logistics Company.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.